Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Not One Of Us

Real Name Not One Of Us   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname NotOneOfUs
Email noou@notoneofus.com
ICQ 37544000
Description
Homepage http://www.notoneofus.com
Signed On May 29, 2002, 13:03
Total Comments 159 (Novice)
User ID 13188

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

News Comments > DOOM 3 Vinyl
16. Re: No subject Jul 23, 2004, 19:19 NotOneOfUs

What? I thought it was Trent Reznor...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > DOOM 3 Q&As
38. Re: Doom on Tech TV Jul 23, 2004, 05:46 NotOneOfUs

And StarCraft?

News Comments > Vrenna Scores DOOM 3
3. Doom 3. Jul 22, 2004, 13:01 NotOneOfUs

So glad to see a Doom 3 topic. It just isn't a day till there's a Doom 3 story on Blue's.

News Comments > Reznor on DOOM 3
194. Re: Gulo... Jul 22, 2004, 01:52 NotOneOfUs

Good enough, now spill the beans on how you got it for that price.

192. Gulo... Jul 22, 2004, 00:07 NotOneOfUs

You got an X800XT for 320 bucks?!?

By internet law you are required to tell us how this came about.

147. Woah... Jul 21, 2004, 18:51 NotOneOfUs

I just noticed that the time the topic was posted resembles the length of the song Lateralus (9:24).

Don't know why that fascinates me.
This comment was edited on Jul 21, 18:57.

145. My God. Jul 21, 2004, 18:38 NotOneOfUs

What have I done?

News Comments > DOOM 3 Music & SDK Plans
125. You missed the e and hit the g. Jul 20, 2004, 18:05 NotOneOfUs

Also, I'm quite convinced listening to the Doom 3 Theme that Tool themselves were involved in it. Despite the music sounding like them, I swear that's Maynard's voice whispering in there. There's something id and the crew is just not telling us.

124. Re: Out if the Blue Jul 20, 2004, 18:02 NotOneOfUs

That is excellent, Flood.

By the way, what program is that computer voice from?

66. Let's see here... Jul 19, 2004, 17:13 NotOneOfUs

First, we hear Trent Reznor will be doing the music for Doom 3. We see a nice E3 trailer with him and id talking about it and whatnot. We get some commentary later from id members talking about working with Trent in Q&A's.

Then, at sometime around E3 2003, we hear that Trent has stopped working with id on the game, but with no official word. Later we see something about id having a job opening in some form of audio or something, but still no official word. Sometime later that year we get a blurb about Tool making a song for the game, but not much info was released about it.

Now, Doom 3 is nearing actual release and Tweaker shows up with the "Doom 3 Theme" that has a sound incredibly similar to Tool.

So, here we are with a history of blurbs with little "official" news, and no questions are being answered. I feel that Trent, Maynard, Chris and John are all at id right this very moment having a good time laughing at our confusion.

News Comments > Euro Unreal II XMP
1. You missed the e and hit the g. Jul 8, 2004, 01:49 NotOneOfUs

Wait a minute, didn't they can Legend? How is support for U2 even going?

This comment was edited on Jul 8, 01:52.

News Comments > Morning (Mourning?) Screenshots
3. Re: erm Jun 14, 2004, 20:18 NotOneOfUs

It's proper English. It's just that phrase has been used so much it appears now to be slang.

News Comments > New Urban Terror
10. Version 3.5? May 17, 2004, 11:10 NotOneOfUs

Hell, I'm still playing 2.6a.

News Comments > Eve Online Expansion
4. Oh hey May 15, 2004, 01:14 NotOneOfUs

Thanks, Blue! I completely forgot about Eve Online and realized I still had my account active. There's a saved fifteen bucks a month.

News Comments > It Came from E3, Part 2
4. Re: W.A.N.K.E.R. May 6, 2004, 19:21 NotOneOfUs

Eh, they were beat by Sega with Jet Grind (Set) Radio.

News Comments > Thief: Deadly Shadows Gold
60. Re: Demo May 6, 2004, 00:49 NotOneOfUs

Besides Randy Smith leaving the company,
The same one who was one designer among many on the prior Thief games?
He's noted as a "key" designer of both the original Thief games and was the Project Lead of Thief 3. Also, he is, I believe, the fourth Thief 3 designer to resign during the making of this game. Even with the generic "have other things I want to do, it was great working here!" statements, I can't help but think something not-nice is going down at Ion Storm.

the focus on consoles
Not necessarily a bad thing. There are some great games on consoles.
I agree. I love consoles, but their focus on consoles make this a console game, and there are several limitations with consoles, and those limitations do not transfer well over to PC.

Only if it is an actual conversion, a console-to-PC port is a no-no.

Invisible War
Not a bad game in my opinion, but . . .
Honestly, I haven't played the full version and my opinion is based off the wonderful demo (even with the tweaks). I've heard from a few friends, though, that the game is indeed good but with disappointing ending(s).

people's accounts of Harvey Smith's displeasure at E3 (and his recent departure).
You mean the guy that (I seem to recall) some here have accused of being at fault for the alleged abomination of Invisible War? Seems like that's a good thing...
I remember reading someone's E3 2002 and 2003 experiences with Harvey Smith, saying that in 2002 (which, as we remember, showed all the excellence of Invisible War) Harvey was very excited with the game. Come E3 2003, though, along with the arrival of the terrible HUD, he said Harvey seemed less happy. Course, I'm just taking someone I've never met's word, but looking at how everything has turned out I'm inclined to believe this.

This comment was edited on May 6, 00:50.

News Comments > Thief: Deadly Shadows Gold
49. Re: Demo May 5, 2004, 21:26 NotOneOfUs

Yeah, as far as I can see there's really no reason for everyone to be whining so much. There's no reasonable basis for the conclusion that Thief 3 is going to be a bad game (no basis, that is, other than everyone's totally unreasonable expectations).
Besides Randy Smith leaving the company, the focus on consoles, Invisible War and people's accounts of Harvey Smith's displeasure at E3 (and his recent departure).

Even assuming it does suck, most normal people out there don't even get so worked up about disappointments in life that are truly significant. All this tells me one thing - if you're complaining about the quality of a game that hasn't even come out yet, you need to get a life. Even if you're complaining about Deus Ex 2, you need to get a life! Complain about something really significant, like the current administration in the U.S. that is making us all look like barbaric fools.
That's nice, but this is a gaming site and these are gaming forums. On a political forum or even a general forum I, too, would expect discussions on that topic.

News Comments > Morning Q&As
2. Crap. Apr 22, 2004, 01:58 NotOneOfUs

I really want to cancel my pre-order on Thief at Gamestop.com but I can NOT. Figure. Out. How.

News Comments > You Are Empty Website
13. "You Are Empty," eh? Apr 21, 2004, 15:29 NotOneOfUs

Judging by the name I'd say they're targeting this game for Goths and Buddhists.

News Comments > On Team Fortress 2
48. Re: No subject Apr 18, 2004, 06:06 NotOneOfUs

U SELF THREADIN': GOOD.

159 Comments. 8 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo