Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Stolk

Real Name Stolk   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Stolk
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 27, 2002, 02:26
Total Comments 487 (Amateur)
User ID 13170

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever Demo
36. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Demo Jun 3, 2011, 14:29 Stolk

Dirwulf wrote on Jun 3, 2011, 14:05:
Its just as good an any other shooter out there, but its nothing special. The driving is a little wonky without using a controller. I'm not sure who stole from whom, but there was a few lines from the Evil Dead series in there. "Good, Bad, I'm the guy with the gun." "Hail to the King, baby."

Did anyone else laugh at the Half Life joke? No? Come on! That joke was SO OLD it was funny. I look forward to playing this and sensing the vast number of years it was in development by the change in graphic quality or dated references between sections of the game.

Agent.X7 wrote on Jun 3, 2011, 14:06:
Well, I hope busting my balls made your pitiful little existence just a tiny bit brighter. Now get out of my sight, cockroach.

Lighten' up Francis. I'm a cockroach! and so on and so forth.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever Demo
30. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Demo Jun 3, 2011, 13:50 Stolk

Agent.X7 wrote on Jun 3, 2011, 13:03:
I would maybe pay $5. Maybe. But, I'm not disappointed. In fact, I feel vindicated. I've been saying all along that it's been in development so long that there is no way it can ever live up to its own legacy.

It doesn't take rocket surgery to figure that one out, but go ahead, pat yourself on the back.

It was fun. Definitely simplistic and feels like an old game, but fun. I don't require all the games I play to feel modern or require 32 cameras to generate facial animation.

News Comments > BioShock 2 Minerva's Den Released
15. Re: BioShock 2 Minerva's Den Released Jun 1, 2011, 11:12 Stolk

You are correct. I could have phrased that differently.

"Mafia 2 is a mediocre game that I had a miserable time playing until quitting out of boredom and dislike around chapter 7."

News Comments > DirectX 11 Crysis 2 "Very Very Soon"
24. Re: DirectX 11 Crysis 2 Jun 1, 2011, 01:43 Stolk

Krovven wrote on May 31, 2011, 17:40:
I actually thought Crysis 1 was better.

If it wasn't for the flying sperm shooting icicles, I would have enjoyed the game much more.

Warhead was better than the first game...had to suffer fewer of the sperm enemies.

Opinions run all over the place. Warhead was painful. I finished like 3/4 of it and couldn't handle any more, and I rarely quit games before the ending but I did just that with Warhead. The 'first game' was significantly better.

13. Re: BioShock 2 Minerva's Den Released Jun 1, 2011, 00:48 Stolk

Acleacius wrote on May 31, 2011, 22:25:
Never played this or Mafia 2 becasue of all the bad, bad mojo.

It might be worth considering now they are both more stabilized. If they could be approached as budget titles might not be so traumatizing and painful.

Mafia 2 was a miserable game. I'd highly advise against it. Unless you like stupid easy shootouts and fairly well crafted movies all tied together by long driving sequences, then it may be just your thing.

Bioshock 2 was a decent game for me. I never knew of any bad mojo. Not great, but pretty damn decent.

6. Re: BioShock 2 Minerva's Den Released May 31, 2011, 14:17 Stolk

Great jokes aside, I read good things so I'll be checking it out. Although I don't know if this or L.A. Noire DLC comes first tonight.  

News Comments > Brink DLC and Stats Plans
1. Re: Brink DLC and Stats Plans May 27, 2011, 21:24 Stolk

"site will go love next Tuesday"  

News Comments > Portal 2 - The Final Hours on Steam
1. Re: Portal 2 - The Final Hours on Steam May 18, 2011, 01:14 Stolk

2 bucks well spent. Really enjoyed it.  

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 Squad Scaled Down
9. Re: Mass Effect 3 Squad Scaled Down May 12, 2011, 00:28 Stolk

All I need is Tali and an effective biotic and I'm good. That got me through most of both games.  

News Comments > WoW Subscriptions Down 5% Since 10/10
9. Re: WoW Subscriptions Down 5% Since 10/10 May 9, 2011, 23:37 Stolk

Obviously people that still play the game will have very different reasons for the decline versus those that have actually quit playing. I'm sure there is a wide variety of reasons.

I know a LOT of people that quit primarily toward the end of wrath, and most did so because they were just sick of the game itself. It's reached its maximum potential. Only so many people want to spend their free time on something like this, especially for years on end. People will leave, and they'll get a few new players along the way. Sadly these new players are sometimes children whose parents shouldn't let them near the timedrain that is WoW.

This comment was edited on May 10, 2011, 00:12.

News Comments > WoW Subscriptions Down 5% Since 10/10
1. Re: WoW Subscriptions Down 5% Since 10/10 May 9, 2011, 22:28 Stolk

I'm happy to be part of that 5 percent.  

News Comments > GTA5 Footage Leaked?
24. Re: GTA5 Footage Leaked? May 9, 2011, 08:12 Stolk

Halo wrote on May 8, 2011, 17:30:
I love how the comments are pretty much "I cant see anything at all...... BUT here's exactly what it looks like."

Apparantly you don't have eyeballs.

News Comments > On Sale
4. Re: On Sale May 7, 2011, 00:08 Stolk

Irrelevant! It's not a good game.  

News Comments > RAGE "Shrouded Clan" Trailer
40. Re: RAGE May 6, 2011, 09:01 Stolk

Jerykk wrote on May 6, 2011, 00:36:
Looks like the opposite of CoD and a classic id game with fun gunplay, which makes me happy.

I wouldn't go that far. Classic id games were very fast run-and-gun shooters. This is a slow, cover-based shooter.

I would go that far. But thanks for commenting!

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever Shrinkage Trailer
12. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Shrinkage Trailer May 5, 2011, 22:27 Stolk

What a wonderful time for video games. This year will bring us a little bit of everything, and it's awesome.  

News Comments > RAGE "Shrouded Clan" Trailer
33. Re: RAGE May 5, 2011, 22:22 Stolk

bigspender wrote on May 5, 2011, 22:04:
*crosses fingers for a co-op campaign mod*

It looks fun - what more do you want?

They want something to bitch about. And they find it.

Looks like the opposite of CoD and a classic id game with fun gunplay, which makes me happy.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Reveal Coming
9. Re: Assassin's Creed Reveal Coming Apr 30, 2011, 00:56 Stolk

Dagnamit wrote on Apr 30, 2011, 00:04:
When the Sea of Portal Tears converges with the Sea of Creed Tears, we'll never want for water again.

God how odd. I was just thinking along these lines while reading these comments. You caught me by suprise.

News Comments > Portal 2 User Review Backlash
52. Re: Portal 2 User Review Backlash Apr 20, 2011, 13:38 Stolk

If loading was too fast that little graphical effect of the Aperature logo that plays out and improves as you progress in the game wouldn't have time to play out.

I know. Just saying.

39. Re: Portal 2 User Review Backlash Apr 20, 2011, 12:59 Stolk

Nameless Again wrote on Apr 20, 2011, 12:56:
Everyone here who is complaining about complainers should follow your own advice and shut the fuck up.

Stop complaining. They can complain about complainers if they want to. Although making fun of them would be better!

15. Re: Portal 2 User Review Backlash Apr 20, 2011, 12:00 Stolk

My god people are out of their fricken minds. I'm glad I'm not like them and actually love the game, and admit it.  

487 Comments. 25 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo