Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Stolk

Real Name Stolk   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Stolk
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 27, 2002, 02:26
Total Comments 482 (Amateur)
User ID 13170

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Batman: Arkham City & GFWL
11. Re: Batman: Arkham City & GFWL Jun 16, 2011, 23:40 Stolk

StingingVelvet wrote on Jun 16, 2011, 23:34:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Jun 16, 2011, 22:43:
Playing on the console like the previous game - no biggie here.

The original had an amazingly well done PC version.

I agree. It did. But it also felt to me like a console game and would play better on a console. I'll probably be getting it for my 360 this time around. Either way, looks like another fantastic game.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > DNF Review Dust Up
76. Re: DNF Review Dust Up Jun 15, 2011, 15:02 Stolk

yonder wrote on Jun 15, 2011, 14:35:
I think someone is missing one of the entire founding points of Duke. Part of what *SHOULD* be the appeal of the game is it's horrible over-the-topness and unapologetic juvenile humor. And I love it for that. This quote (the one above, not mine) pretty much summarizes what's wrong with about 20% of the negative opinions (20% of each opinion). If you're offended by the juvenile idiocy of Duke... that's like being offended by torture in a Saw movie or blood in a zombie movie. Or, to be blunt... you're kinda an idiot.

Here we go with the internet forum thing. I hate this but... I think you missed my point. For one, I "like" DNF. Secondly, I'm not offended by anything in DNF. My post was in regards to the most likely reasons reviews have been SO bad. Not just bad, but really bad. I'm sure you love it, but it's possible that that level of tasteless humor no longer works for many people, and perhaps the focus should be elsewhere, without removing it altogether. You can tell people what the POINT of a game is all day, but if they don't like it they don't care.

51. Re: DNF Review Dust Up Jun 15, 2011, 13:06 Stolk

Dev wrote on Jun 15, 2011, 13:01:
More like:
"I'm going to apologize, but 2k is still going to start denying games to some of you"

You know a game is probably bad, if the mainstream review sites that often get bribes or threats to do good reviews, almost universally are giving bad reviews out.

Speaking of which, PC Gamer gave DNF an 80. Hmmmmm....

43. Re: DNF Review Dust Up Jun 15, 2011, 12:45 Stolk

Beamer wrote on Jun 15, 2011, 12:32:
In fairness, shooting a girl and making an abortion joke isn't going to go over well with anyone anywhere.

Yes to this. The game can be so juvenile with it's humor and it is so incredibly forced with its bad taste. While not necessarily offensive, I find myself shaking my head at poor humor that takes away from the action and spectacle of the game.

I think Duke can continue on with success if they focus less on the vaginas and boobs and one-liners and more on the action and spectacle of a Duke game.

14. Re: DNF Review Dust Up Jun 15, 2011, 10:40 Stolk

Trying to determine the quality of Duke Nukem Forever is like trying to determine the intelligence of a retarded child. I don't know how to come up with a score. I played for about 5 hours last night and had many negative feelings about things in the game, yet still somehow managed to have fun.  

News Comments > Crysis 2 Steam Crisis, Origin Exclusivity Planned?
13. Re: Crysis 2 Steam Crisis, Origin Exclusivity Planned? Jun 15, 2011, 00:50 Stolk

Kajetan wrote on Jun 15, 2011, 00:42:
Hyatus wrote on Jun 15, 2011, 00:33:
The difference between then and now is that Valve created a new market for this sort of deal and does a damned good job with it.
That's what we can say years later. But then people bitched and whined and MOST OF THEM installed Steam to play Counterstrike and HL2. And then, they get used to it. And now they can't think of a life without Steam.

EA is bringing nothing to the table ...
EA doesn't have to. They bring TOR and probably BF3 and ME3 and every other potential hit to Origin. That's all they have to do. Enough people will follow. And get used to it.

No, you do not have to follow. But enough people will as they followed Steam, as they accepted online DRM and account locked content and other annoyances just to play a popular game. Many gamers are addicted to games. They will do anything.

What this guy said. EA knows what they're doing, even if we know what they're doing.

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 Trailer
4. Re: Mass Effect 3 Trailer Jun 14, 2011, 00:32 Stolk

[quote
="Jerykk"Jun 13, 2011, 22:58]Female Shepard doesn't exist in cannon.
She should. And he shouldn't. I don't know. I guess that's by basic point.

p.s. cannon can lick my anus.

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 Trailer
1. Re: Mass Effect 3 Trailer Jun 13, 2011, 21:44 Stolk

I'd like to hear the female Shepard in one of these trailers. I've played both, and that dude sounds like a robot in comparison.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
31. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 13, 2011, 00:51 Stolk

nin wrote on Jun 12, 2011, 15:34:
I suspect I'll be linking these a few times over the next week, but here's the first 45 minutes, and a 5 hours in report...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5Yngipvz6M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q86vWgaLuwE

Both bring up a number of great points as to whats wrong with the game, the second link in particular.

Having said that, I'm so looking forward to a weeks worth of rage at how bad this is, both here and on the Steam boards...

In short, anyone that buys this game gets exactly what they deserve.

"Fail to the king!"

Thanks for the links. Those videos look pretty good. Movies look great, although the audio is a bit off.

News Comments > id Happy to be Done with Engine Licensing
4. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 8, 2011, 21:38 Stolk

The Half Elf wrote on Jun 8, 2011, 21:24:
I really need to dig up all the interviews about how they were gung-ho about supporting dev's using their engines.

That'll get'm!!

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
2. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 7, 2011, 22:24 Stolk

I'm not getting how what you just said makes it "not that simple".

Still seems pretty simple. I don't have a Kinect and I don't plan on getting one and I don't see any issues with playing my Xbox anytime in the near future.

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
12. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Jun 5, 2011, 22:47 Stolk

Immediately made me think of the blond chick from The Guild. Really funny in the show. Not funny at all when you read about the actual effect of that behavior. Just sad to read something like this.  

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever Demo
88. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Demo Jun 3, 2011, 22:17 Stolk

Krovven wrote on Jun 3, 2011, 18:53:
It's possible. I don't remember seeing it. I do remember they were very limiting on the amount of footage that was allowed to be shot, and all I recall seeing was the Stadium level.

I just remember a bunch of montage video that contained several environments, other than the Stadium.

Just FYI. Maybe not the videos I saw at the time but videos nonetheless from PAX:

Duke Nukem 2010 PAX

72. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Demo Jun 3, 2011, 18:44 Stolk

Krovven wrote on Jun 3, 2011, 18:07:
Stolk wrote on Jun 3, 2011, 17:56:
considering we saw this 'exact' same demo running months ago on multiple videos across the internet.

No, we saw the stadium level, which actually looks pretty decent and is fun. We did not see the "desert weapons demo" level in the demo, that they would have been far better off leaving out of the demo and out of the game entirely.

Basically if it had just been the stadium, I'd be interested, but still not sold on it. After playing the 2nd half of the demo, I'm not even interested.

You are incorrect. We saw both of these levels from gameplay movies at PAX. Well, they were there to see regardless of whether you saw them or not. I remember thinking the desert stuff looked kinda crappy, and after playing it, the desert stuff looks kinda crappy. Awesome, but crappy.

60. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Demo Jun 3, 2011, 17:56 Stolk

Krovven wrote on Jun 3, 2011, 17:41:
I can't believe this thread hasn't hit 100 posts yet.

Duke Forever finally see's the light of day, a shitty demo to show it off and it's like half the Blues population is on vacation.

I'll help.

I'm getting a kick out of the irrational expectations here considering we saw this 'exact' same demo running months ago on multiple videos across the internet.

Not to mention people going down a checklist of different qualities of the demo. DNF is a 12 year old gem not to enjoy the qualities of a modern game, but to enjoy the qualities of a game that should have come out around the same time of the y2k bug.

36. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Demo Jun 3, 2011, 14:29 Stolk

Dirwulf wrote on Jun 3, 2011, 14:05:
Its just as good an any other shooter out there, but its nothing special. The driving is a little wonky without using a controller. I'm not sure who stole from whom, but there was a few lines from the Evil Dead series in there. "Good, Bad, I'm the guy with the gun." "Hail to the King, baby."

Did anyone else laugh at the Half Life joke? No? Come on! That joke was SO OLD it was funny. I look forward to playing this and sensing the vast number of years it was in development by the change in graphic quality or dated references between sections of the game.

Agent.X7 wrote on Jun 3, 2011, 14:06:
Well, I hope busting my balls made your pitiful little existence just a tiny bit brighter. Now get out of my sight, cockroach.

Lighten' up Francis. I'm a cockroach! and so on and so forth.

30. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Demo Jun 3, 2011, 13:50 Stolk

Agent.X7 wrote on Jun 3, 2011, 13:03:
I would maybe pay $5. Maybe. But, I'm not disappointed. In fact, I feel vindicated. I've been saying all along that it's been in development so long that there is no way it can ever live up to its own legacy.

It doesn't take rocket surgery to figure that one out, but go ahead, pat yourself on the back.

It was fun. Definitely simplistic and feels like an old game, but fun. I don't require all the games I play to feel modern or require 32 cameras to generate facial animation.

News Comments > BioShock 2 Minerva's Den Released
15. Re: BioShock 2 Minerva's Den Released Jun 1, 2011, 11:12 Stolk

You are correct. I could have phrased that differently.

"Mafia 2 is a mediocre game that I had a miserable time playing until quitting out of boredom and dislike around chapter 7."

News Comments > DirectX 11 Crysis 2 "Very Very Soon"
24. Re: DirectX 11 Crysis 2 Jun 1, 2011, 01:43 Stolk

Krovven wrote on May 31, 2011, 17:40:
I actually thought Crysis 1 was better.

If it wasn't for the flying sperm shooting icicles, I would have enjoyed the game much more.

Warhead was better than the first game...had to suffer fewer of the sperm enemies.

Opinions run all over the place. Warhead was painful. I finished like 3/4 of it and couldn't handle any more, and I rarely quit games before the ending but I did just that with Warhead. The 'first game' was significantly better.

News Comments > BioShock 2 Minerva's Den Released
13. Re: BioShock 2 Minerva's Den Released Jun 1, 2011, 00:48 Stolk

Acleacius wrote on May 31, 2011, 22:25:
Never played this or Mafia 2 becasue of all the bad, bad mojo.

It might be worth considering now they are both more stabilized. If they could be approached as budget titles might not be so traumatizing and painful.

Mafia 2 was a miserable game. I'd highly advise against it. Unless you like stupid easy shootouts and fairly well crafted movies all tied together by long driving sequences, then it may be just your thing.

Bioshock 2 was a decent game for me. I never knew of any bad mojo. Not great, but pretty damn decent.

482 Comments. 25 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo