Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Stolk

Real Name Stolk   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Stolk
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 27, 2002, 02:26
Total Comments 482 (Amateur)
User ID 13170

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > RAGE Trailer
11. Re: RAGE Trailer Sep 30, 2011, 00:46 Stolk

Good to know. Thank you.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
2. Re: Evening Consolidation Sep 9, 2011, 21:45 Stolk

PS3 3D Gaming 'Only Scratching The Surface of My Interest'.  

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution Ships 2M
51. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Ships 2M Sep 9, 2011, 21:38 Stolk

I'm thinking Blue has had a good laugh. I'm thinking he'll continue to use M for Million, since everyone - 1 does, give or take a K.  

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution Ships 2M
18. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Ships 2M Sep 9, 2011, 14:56 Stolk

M vs. Roman Numeral M. So this is the type of argument we get here when a game comes out that runs great and works great on the PC.  

News Comments > Six Blizzard Releases Expected Over Three Years [Updated]
2. Re: Six Blizzard Releases Expected Over Three Years Sep 8, 2011, 21:20 Stolk

I would presume 2 WoW expansions in that time.  

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution "The Missing Link" DLC Next Month
14. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Sep 3, 2011, 01:10 Stolk

I think they should charge money for it, and make more money to pay more employees, and then be convinced without a doubt to make another one so that I get to play more Deus Ex.

I'll throw in the price of a couple of drinks to play more Deus Ex please.

News Comments > Why Deus Ex: Human Revolution is a Prequel
29. Re: Why Deus Ex: Human Revolution is a Prequel Sep 1, 2011, 17:42 Stolk

Cutter wrote on Sep 1, 2011, 16:12:
I do wish they would have had more choices for cosmetic for Adam that you could spend credits on - change up his shades, jacket, etc. Pimp him out so to speak.

I imagine it would cost a few billion credits to change those sweet augmented shades of his.

On a random note, I've been playing through the original Deus Ex again over the last few days. The levels are not as large as I remember. For the most part they are pretty small even. Still a wonderful game though, and it has made me appreciate the quality of work they did on Deus Ex: HR of implementing original Deus Ex gameplay.

News Comments > No GFWL for Batman: Arkham City?
49. Re: No GFWL for Batman: Arkham City? Aug 29, 2011, 00:55 Stolk

Slashman wrote on Aug 28, 2011, 20:36:
Stolk wrote on Aug 28, 2011, 19:32:
So, what does everyone here plan on doing when the PC dies? Slit wrist?

What do you plan on doing when it's still around more than a decade from now? Jump off bridge?

Probably check my email and facebook, etc, etc. Maybe play a video game. But then again, things most likely won't work out that way. Cute comment though.

46. Re: No GFWL for Batman: Arkham City? Aug 28, 2011, 19:32 Stolk

So, what does everyone here plan on doing when the PC dies? Slit wrist?  

23. Re: No GFWL for Batman: Arkham City? Aug 28, 2011, 00:47 Stolk

Ravenus wrote on Aug 27, 2011, 23:15:
Krovven wrote on Aug 27, 2011, 21:42:
Games like these are best played on the couch with your pc hooked up to the big screen, using a 360 wireless gamepad on a PC running 1080, or more if your rig can handle it.
:-like-:
Yep, the "you play on consoles because you want to game on the couch" argument is really outdated. You can do that with your PC's, folks.

Yep folks. Buy a PC for your living room, so you can play good looking games gooder. Even if you already own an Xbox, it's no excuse.

News Comments > Valve on Steam Trade-Ins
13. Re: Valve on Steam Trade-Ins Aug 27, 2011, 02:07 Stolk

Ray Marden wrote on Aug 26, 2011, 23:46:
Trade ins?

When they're still trying to figure out that I want to be able to gift all extra copies of a game I own, not just selective extra copies?

Or that it makes no sense that I have to re-confirm my age to view a screenshot of a game I already own, but the program has no problem giving automatic access to my credit cards for any purchases with two clicks?
A stranger can purchase thousands of games, but I can't view a screenshot?
Wishing Gabe wasn't playing stupid with the question,
Ray

Your hardships frustrate me.

News Comments > PC Bastion This Month
2. Re: PC Bastion This Month Aug 6, 2011, 00:16 Stolk

Yeh the soundtrack to this game is fantastic.  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jul 30, 2011, 02:08 Stolk

http://download.zenimax.com/bethblog/podcast/TheBethesdaPodcast_11.mp3

I really enjoyed Donna Jackson's part in this podcast. Solid stuff.

News Comments > etc.
7. Re: BioWare says 18 Percent of... Jul 20, 2011, 15:06 Stolk

Yes to the last few posts. Mass Effect 1 and 2 are better games with Jennifer Hale doing the voicework. My last play through was the male Shepard. They might as well computer generate the male voice for all the emotion he has.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
23. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 14, 2011, 23:09 Stolk

After hearing of the price changes I already cancelled streaming and have gone to 2 DVDs at a time. As long as shipping times remain as fast as they are I don't see a better deal. Last year I thought streaming was the most awesome thing they ever did but as of last month I felt I exhausted the content I cared for, unless I really care to watch ALL of Kids in the Hall. And I don't. I already have Amazon Prime simply for the shipping cost, so I'm good. If I see a better deal on straight DVD rentals, peace out Netflix!  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 13, 2011, 21:42 Stolk

I don't believe Reach outsold Halo 3, which could be where this is coming from. Although Reach still sold very well.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
4. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 13, 2011, 00:25 Stolk

Will be changing my account to streaming +1 Blu-ray. But I'm oh so close to cancelling. I need to start thinking about the alternatives.  

News Comments > QUAKE "Reboot" Possible
40. Re: QUAKE Jun 17, 2011, 15:47 Stolk

I seem to remember seeing Romero credited for the 4 opening base levels as well. If he didn't do much on the game they sure credited him with a lot.  

News Comments > Batman: Arkham City & GFWL
36. Re: Batman: Arkham City & GFWL Jun 17, 2011, 08:43 Stolk

StingingVelvet wrote on Jun 17, 2011, 01:46:
Stolk wrote on Jun 17, 2011, 00:02:
I don't have a controller to plug into my PC but I have an Xbox? I know, that's just crazy talk.

It is crazy talk, frankly. Get a controller for your PC and play games like this with it but at much higher resolutions and framerates with better graphics and possible tweaks and mods. If you're here I assume you are a PC gamer, so there's really no reason to play vastly inferior versions of games like this just because you don't have a controller.

Damn, you really want this to happen. While I do appreciate your wonderful advice, I'l stick with my plans. While Rage and Deus Ex will be played at my PC, Batman will be played in front of my big plasma with a controller in my hand. Wireless even!

News Comments > Batman: Arkham City & GFWL
13. Re: Batman: Arkham City & GFWL Jun 17, 2011, 00:02 Stolk

StingingVelvet wrote on Jun 16, 2011, 23:43:
Stolk wrote on Jun 16, 2011, 23:40:
I agree. It did. But it also felt to me like a console game and would play better on a console. I'll probably be getting it for my 360 this time around. Either way, looks like another fantastic game.

I don't understand this comment. If you mean it would play better with a controller then just plug a controller into your PC.

I don't have a controller to plug into my PC but I have an Xbox? I know, that's just crazy talk.

482 Comments. 25 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo