Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Stolk

Real Name Stolk   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Stolk
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 27, 2002, 02:26
Total Comments 481 (Amateur)
User ID 13170

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Gearbox to Tell a War Story?
38. Re: oh yeah... Mar 20, 2004, 00:03 Stolk

Imagination is the only limit to the power of the computer. It WILL happen eventually.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Gearbox to Tell a War Story?
9. Re: No subject Mar 19, 2004, 17:18 Stolk

"50 other game developers had the same idea and already released/in the works."

Oh, come on now. Although many of these war games have been good, most certainly haven't reached the reality that they were going for or advertised as. Most of them I just feel like I'm being pulled around by a dog collar. OpFlash is the only game I've played that somewhat achieved this.

This comment was edited on Mar 19, 17:22.

News Comments > Far Cry "Boat" Demo Sinks
12. Re: Oh well! Mar 18, 2004, 17:36 Stolk

I have the same card and I had crashes to the desktop and some god awful sound problems, but doubt either have anything to do with the video card.

News Comments > C-S: Condition Zero Steam Preorders
8. Re: Somebody owes us an apologeeeeeee Mar 11, 2004, 19:34 Stolk

I don't really care what goes on at Valve, I just like games and stuff.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Maintaining equal time Mar 9, 2004, 10:03 Stolk

Well his readers had to be, so I guess he has to be right? Damn shame.

News Comments > Unreal Tournament 2004 Gold
129. Re: BF1942 vs Unreal Tournament Grudge Match Mar 6, 2004, 01:24 Stolk

"Well duh ... I'm not stupid; I mean it IS a valve url

It was a joke based on my own past experience in marketing research for games.... "

I wasn't talking down or anything. Just making a comment... you know, conversational.

96. Re: BF1942 vs Unreal Tournament Grudge Match Mar 5, 2004, 00:12 Stolk

"Wow. Some game studios would kill for that kind of demographic info, Stolk."

They don't have to, huh... Valve did it for them. I find this yet another neat function (that I didn't think of) of a content delivery system like Steam... even though it had its rough start.

Another interesting piece of info there is the amount of people using AMD processers. In the world of Half Life, it seems AMD and Intel are neck and neck.

Edit: sorry that this has nothing to do with Unreal, but I got sidetracked.
This comment was edited on Mar 5, 00:18.

91. Re: BF1942 vs Unreal Tournament Grudge Match Mar 4, 2004, 23:18 Stolk

Yeah, I'm sure. I think one could get that impression because people are constantly voting.

87. Re: BF1942 vs Unreal Tournament Grudge Match Mar 4, 2004, 22:56 Stolk

"Go vote right now. Everyone post this URL to other sites forum and lets get a grass roots effort to upset the bf1942 steamroller."

I've tried voting multiple times for Battlefield, but of course it won't let me. It is a tight race. I gotta give to Gamespy for coming up with a pretty neat little way to get down to the best voted game.

Also pretty interesting is the results of the Steam survey:
http://www.steampowered.com/status/survey.html

The amount of people that don't have XP sp1 strikes me as odd.

Edit: Again, I can't spell.
This comment was edited on Mar 4, 22:57.

News Comments > Oz "Dead in the Water"
6. Re: No subject Mar 3, 2004, 15:51 Stolk

"Dipshits."

Um... Beyond Good & Evil is a great game that didn't sell well. The end of the game gave way to a sequel, but in all likelihood there won't be a sequel, and I can't blame the publishers. Great games don't always sell, and bad games don't always bomb. There are some nutty consumers out there. If there's a fear that a game won't do well, there's no reason to screw yourself, let another publisher take a whack at it.
This comment was edited on Mar 3, 15:52.

News Comments > Spector of a New Tomb Raider?
39. Re: Good Feb 29, 2004, 20:35 Stolk

"The only people that had a truly "open mind" about IW were those that hadn't played DX1 and had no expectations. That sums up a lot of the Xbox crowd and the game didn't do well on that platform."

I played Deus Ex 3 times and I just finished IW and liked it quite a lot. So you can completely retract your comment.

And yes, I'm yet another person needlessly replying to something someone said about ths game as if I think it would actually make any difference. Sigh...

Edit: and of course the game being DE:IW, not the game this news item is about.

This comment was edited on Feb 29, 20:36.

News Comments > DX: Invisible War Patch
75. Re: No subject Feb 29, 2004, 01:06 Stolk

Like I said, I'm at 20. I guess that sums up my feelings. I was a bit worried at the beginning, but the gameplay kicked in and I've really liked it. I wouldn't blame someone for not liking it. The 'choices' in the game are a bit plastic. But I dumbed myself down a little bit. They are taking chances a lot of developers won't take. Once I lowered my expectations, the goodness of it came alive. It's a matter of taste. Not everyone will like the same thing.

News Comments > DX: Invisible War Patch
73. Re: No subject Feb 28, 2004, 23:55 Stolk

"Is it just me, or does the model of the scientist from 2 years ago, running on a 2002 cpu and graphics card look a lot better than any models in the game today? And the game seems to be running at a pretty good clip."

I've been playing the game throughout the last week. That looks like the same model I've seen about 200 hundred times so far... I wouldn't say it looks any better. But, I definitely admit that it is a bit strange that it does appear to be running very well, with all the shadowing included. It runs pretty well on my supermachine, but it really doesn't make sense how so many other people have had problems considering it had good performance way back then. Well... they must have added some features to the lighting system I guess.

[my version of ray] Wondering how reviewers said this is a 10 to 15 hour game when I'm probably at about 20 hours and counting.

Edit: can't spell.
This comment was edited on Feb 28, 23:57.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
30. Re: No subject Feb 20, 2004, 17:01 Stolk

"And you wont regret it. FireFox is bliss I tell you! Its just so much better than IE its just painful to even think how many people who going thru endless frustrations for years by avoiding this 10 mb download. I've only opened IE for testing purposes like 2 times the last year or so."

Endless frustrations? I have both Firefox and IE on my machine and use both for testing, and I honestly have no idea what you are talking about. IE 6 is a super-refined browser, with no frustrations to speak of. Firefox is nice too, and it has the tabbed browsing functionality over IE.

News Comments > Painkiller SP Demo
15. Re: Woo! Feb 16, 2004, 19:17 Stolk

"I think FarCry was a bit overhyped. Yeah its pretty etc, but its not the second coming ..."

Funny. I thought UT 2004 is a bit overhyped and not all that. I guess we all have our preferences. I loved Far Cry. Close to the second coming compared to what has been out.

News Comments > New ATI Catalyst Drivers
51. Re: No subject Feb 13, 2004, 14:14 Stolk

And to be a little more descritive... if you did figure out how to get rid of it, it will probably come back.

50. Re: No subject Feb 13, 2004, 13:58 Stolk

"It's part of a spyware program called gator. It's not supposed to be there. I've fixed my prob, you may want to checkout spybot Search and Destroy, free and it found lots of things on my sys."

No, it's on every XP installation. It completely lacks danger.

11. Re: Spyware / Adware? Feb 12, 2004, 16:16 Stolk

That folder is on all XP machines. I've never been able to delete it, but someone else may know how.

News Comments > Universal Combat Demo
16. not here Feb 10, 2004, 20:35 Stolk

No luck here because of technical issues. Tried it twice. After a minute of so it slowly begins to flake out until it finally crashes and causes a reboot. Damn. I hade high hopes.

News Comments > BREED Date
12. Re: No subject Feb 6, 2004, 19:04 Stolk

Good. Glad I was able to control this near catastrophe against Breed.

edit... yeah, yeah, I know. That's impossible.

This comment was edited on Feb 6, 19:04.

481 Comments. 25 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo