Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Stolk

Real Name Stolk   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Stolk
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 27, 2002, 02:26
Total Comments 482 (Amateur)
User ID 13170

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
32. Re: No subject Apr 6, 2005, 15:28 Stolk

I'll be damn. I didn't even notice the site was back to normal until half way through reading this. Good to see it back.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > New Psychotoxic Demo
9. Re: I will... Feb 12, 2005, 10:46 Stolk

Naw, it's bad. And I usually feel I'm the most forgiving on these boards.

News Comments > New Psychotoxic Demo
3. Re: Wow Feb 12, 2005, 03:53 Stolk

I did. It's pretty bad.

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Das Roboss
34. Re: Feb 11, 2005, 23:00 Stolk

Or hey, what the hell, watch a Kate Winslet movie.

This comment was edited on Feb 11, 23:00.

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Das Roboss
32. Re: Das Roboss ass Feb 11, 2005, 19:53 Stolk

Ummmm please don't spoil? Too late for me, though. Jeez.

I only caught the first couple of words before I realized it would be a spoiler, so I'm only half spoiled.

News Comments > Game Movies
21. Re: Laughs Feb 7, 2005, 03:17 Stolk

Mr. MeatFarts... that was funny. Good job.

News Comments > Take-Two Swings for MLB
7. Re: A decent idea Jan 19, 2005, 15:47 Stolk

I don't like this exclusivity bullshit anymore than the next guy, but I'd rather see Take-Two with this than EA.

Not me. It was a shame EA got the NFL rights, but I didn't care that much because I'm not into the football games. But I heavily prefer MVP Baseball over other baseball games.

This comment was edited on Jan 19, 15:47.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Re: Prime outperforms Echoes Jan 14, 2005, 19:01 Stolk

Whatever the case, it's a shame. A bunch of people are missing out on a very fine game (or series of games for that matter).

News Comments > Source Update
1. Still Better Jan 10, 2005, 20:10 Stolk

While results are not perfect, things continue to get better with each update that addresses this stuttering issue. This seems better than the last one, and the last one made things a lot better as well. I still feel this game has issues that other games don't have and the problems probably go a lot deeper than any quick update could resolve. While the first level was noticably better, the audio during the first teleportation (attempt) still has pretty bad stuttering during every scene change.

Edit: I said the audio has a lot of stuttering during the teleporation. I meant to say the 'game' has lot of stuttering. It's not just the audio, but the entire game that stutters.

This comment was edited on Jan 10, 20:52.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. PSP Jan 10, 2005, 20:10 Stolk

God, I hate to say this, but if the GTA game is a 3d game, I may end up getting the PSP over the DS. That machine is just looking so impressive. This coming from a Nintendo and only Nintendo owner.

News Comments > Morning Previews
9. Re: MXO Jan 7, 2005, 20:24 Stolk

The $$$ going into these companies and the crap product they are putting out just doesn't make sense. I would like to see the Balance Sheets of the businesses that have these games. They are taking in millions per month, yet their product doesn't seem to be worth it.

If people are willing to pay, it is clearly worth it to them.

News Comments > Quake IV Screenshots
55. Re: No subject Dec 28, 2004, 15:45 Stolk

If you want to walk through the large areas, put yourself on GOD, then NOCLIP. Goto the area, turn NOCLIP off, then walk around.

51. Re: No subject Dec 28, 2004, 14:37 Stolk

...Doom 3 engine ... handle large open spaces

I thought Doom 3 handled large open spaces pretty well with the areas seen when riding the train. Those areas were quite large and looked quite good.

7. Re: Q4 / D3 - how can I tell the difference? Dec 27, 2004, 22:06 Stolk

Yeah, same here.

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Stutter Fix
5. Re: Finally Dec 22, 2004, 22:01 Stolk

Holy Jesus it is fixed. There is still a slight occasional lag in graphics, but nothing out of the ordinary. But when that happens, the sound doesn't skip.

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Stutter Fix
1. Finally Dec 22, 2004, 21:46 Stolk

Now let's see if it works.

News Comments > GTA: San Andreas PC Date, Xbox Plans
20. Re: No subject Dec 16, 2004, 23:04 Stolk

MAFIA had this years ago.

Well, yeah, Mafia did have it. But there was very little to do in the environment, and moving at 30 miles an hour made racing through the countryside a little not exciting.

But I did love the game, and the countryside did add to the atmosphere of the city. Imagine the same thing with GTA, but with a ton of different things to do in it.

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Updates
17. Re: Err Dec 10, 2004, 21:19 Stolk

Done: http://www.webster.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?book=Dictionary&va=value

And this is from Gamespot:
Value
For the most part, a game's value score is an indicator of the game's longevity. It represents how long you'll be able to both play and enjoy the game, and it also signifies how much replay value you'll get out of it. Breadth of gameplay options and overall volume of content both weigh heavily into this score. The retail price of a game can also figure into the value score, as can the presence or lack of similar, competitive products in the market. Finally, the overall quality of the game has some impact on its value, so, for instance, a bad game that's extremely long is still probably not worth playing.

Now what was the point again?

This comment was edited on Dec 10, 21:24.

15. Re: Gamespot Dec 10, 2004, 20:58 Stolk

I'm guessing that is because of the short time to complete, yes? I certainly wouldn't call that the most important thing.

13. Re: Riddick vs HL2 Dec 10, 2004, 20:51 Stolk

Edit: Gamespot just gave riddick a 9.3. Higher than 9.2 for HL2. Hmmmm...

Gamespot is in the habit lately of overthinking big name games, and they are absolute suckers for a suprise hit. I'm sure Riddick is good, but I'll be suprised if I think it is better than Half Life 2. I really don't think anything can beat Valve's subtle telling of the Half Life story through gameplay. But hey, if Riddick is better, all the happier!

This comment was edited on Dec 10, 20:55.

482 Comments. 25 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo