Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Stolk

Real Name Stolk   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Stolk
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 27, 2002, 02:26
Total Comments 482 (Amateur)
User ID 13170

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > BioShock Activations Upped, Widescreen Patch Planned
65. Re: So... Aug 24, 2007, 03:29 Stolk

It makes sense to those who have a brain and know how to use it. For the rest, I will spell it out:

By giving money to game companies that use DRM/copy-protection systems like this in their games, you are making them successful and encouraging them to continue the practice. So, to reverse the popular metaphor, you are feeding (financially supporting and rewarding) the hand (game companies) that bites you (includes restrictive DRM that prevents you from playing the game you bought).

Get it now?

Not sure. So you are feeding a hand? And it bites.

I'm so confused...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > More on BioShock Activation
9. Re: No subject Aug 22, 2007, 14:42 Stolk

That's a pretty fucking stupid. Raise your hand if you uninstall all of your software before doing a OS reinstall.....oh that's right no one does.

I raised my hand.

News Comments > BioShock Demo
106. Re: So this is the Unreal3 engine? Aug 21, 2007, 04:17 Stolk

this is not making sense. why are we supporting PC gaming again? how come we're okay with spending thousands of dollars on dual core processors + 2GB of high quality RAM + a $500 graphic card to get a decent framerate when a $350 xbox 360 does the same thing smoothly?

Wow I was rolling my eyes at this thread 10 minutes ago... before I tried the demo. The Xbox 360 demo was amazing. This, unfortunately, is a mess. Unplayable with mouse and graphic problems. What a let down.

I seriously may disregard my PC preorder and just get the Xbox version.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
19. Re: No subject Jun 11, 2007, 18:05 Stolk

As for JfC -- sorry, won't watch it. He screwed us with Deadwood, so why support him with his next project, only to have him flit to a shiny new toy a couple seasons in?

I never have been quite clear on the fate of deadwood. I was under the impression that it was cancelled. Is the maker of this John show the one the cancelled it?

Also, I tell anyone that says they haven't seen Battlestar Galactica, at least rent the miniseries before giving it a pass. Miniseries + the first 2 seasons is gold. Last season was not quite up to par, but still better than most.

7. Sopranos Jun 11, 2007, 13:42 Stolk

I loved the ending. Rather than give anyone what they wanted, they gave no one what they wanted. I laughed out loud. It was perfect.

edit: sopranos of course, not john. Although I did like that show.

This comment was edited on Jun 11, 13:49.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Tomb Raider: Anniversary
24. Re: Boob Raider Jun 6, 2007, 18:44 Stolk

The franchise already has its integrity back; Legend was a very fun game.

Now, do you see how this is fun?

21. Re: Boob Raider Jun 6, 2007, 18:19 Stolk

Tired and old 3rd person jumping puzzle game, it may look better "teen age boys like this" but game play is dated un-installed the demo in 10 minutes flat lame.

So there you go. Bone43 has driven it home once again. Anniversary will not, sadly, bring integrity back to the franchise.

19. No subject Jun 6, 2007, 18:05 Stolk

It's flattering that you give my words such importance that it's worth debating over such arbitrary interpretations, but really...

Then you went on to say other stuff. Personally I was not giving your words much importance. I was just enjoying a fun yet meaningless argument that I read regarding your original post and what was inferred. But, I will joyfully stand by my quote to your quote that I quoted, that your quote says that Anniversary may indeed bring integrity back to the franchise also says that Legend didn't. Obviously all of our opinions on games are opinions, including those opinions by reviewers on review sites. But, the overall opinion from what I've seen says that Legend did.

15. Re: No subject Jun 6, 2007, 16:36 Stolk

Yes, it does. More defined by this quote:

Looks like they've done a nice job on this, and have a good shot at restoring integrity to Tomb Raider

So the guy is right, in that the OP ignored the fact the Legend was a pretty good game and did enough to restore the integrity.

News Comments > WoW Patch
29. Re: No subject May 22, 2007, 16:59 Stolk

For those that replied... Actually I'm referring to the 4 new outdoor quest zones, not Black Temple. They'll turn into a grind as well, but is indeed new content for the casual (yet 70) player. Obviously not many people will see the inside of the Black Temple.

And p.s. Imma Durid. So I have a cool little quest chain waiting for me when I get home.

This comment was edited on May 22, 17:04.

News Comments > WoW Patch
22. Re: No subject May 22, 2007, 15:57 Stolk

Translation of the PR message: Here's a huge update full of stuff that maybe 2% of the playerbase will ever get to see first hand. Enjoy!

lol wow. I've played games that had almost no new content after reaching max level. Bliz just added a lot of content and improvements to the already large amount of endgame content in the game. Yet, someone finds a way to say that the 98 percent of the people that play the game will never reach max level and the update contains no content for them? Aside from the all the content they already have that gets them to max level? I'm sorry if I misunderstood, but that's what I got out of your Hilarious translation.

This comment was edited on May 22, 15:58.

News Comments > Daikatana Deathmatch
20. Re: No subject May 9, 2007, 14:52 Stolk

Does anybody actually OWN the full version?

Yes, I. Actually installed it a few months ago out of nostalgia. There was a crash in the first level that I couldn't get past.

News Comments > BioShock: The Shooter
24. Re: No subject Apr 30, 2007, 15:40 Stolk

Can I quote you out of context on that?

News Comments > BioShock: The Shooter
18. Re: No subject Apr 30, 2007, 13:28 Stolk

It is not out of context, I said it was his first reaction and quoted it correctly. Do you know what out of context means?

You sure you know what a quote means?

News Comments > Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines Patch
5. Re: no wonder this failed Dec 1, 2006, 12:05 Stolk

huh?

News Comments > Star Wars Galaxies: The Complete Online Adventures Ships
7. Re: Okay... Nov 14, 2006, 15:19 Stolk

Let the SWG bashing commence!!!!

No matter how big the bundle is... the game still sucks. What do you get when you throw crap on crap? Crap.

5. mmmmmmm Nov 26, 2005, 16:07 Stolk

Turducken sandwiches...

News Comments > Battlefield 2 Demo
314. Re: Can't play Jun 11, 2005, 02:53 Stolk

Heh, same here....and I *still* tried playing right-handed =P Limited success, probably better than most righties can play left.

Well good. At least I know it's not just me.

This comment was edited on Jun 11, 02:56.

News Comments > Battlefield 2 Demo
309. Can't play Jun 11, 2005, 02:16 Stolk

Well, I'm left handed, and I can't set up my controls to play using the keypad. It refuses to let me set up those keys. I don't know, maybe I'm missing something. Oh well. Back to the Matrix.

482 Comments. 25 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo