Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Stolk

Real Name Stolk   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Stolk
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 27, 2002, 02:26
Total Comments 482 (Amateur)
User ID 13170

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Valve's Mac Plans Announced
32. Re: Valve's Mac Plans Announced Mar 8, 2010, 16:20 Stolk

MMORPGHoD wrote on Mar 8, 2010, 16:13:
killer_roach wrote on Mar 8, 2010, 15:45:
It's not like Valve's games are system-intensive or anything... even a two-year-old Mac should be able to run L4D2 without much hassle. Is it the best of solutions? Probably not, but if Valve thinks it's worth doing, more power to them.

Oh it's not the few and far between valve games I was thinking of. It's all those other games over steam.. Bioshock 2, CoD:MF2, Mass Effect 2, BF:BC2 .. and on and on. I would be frustrated to look at my games list on my mac and see how many of them I can't run on it. By the time they do end up porting those games to the mac, I've moved on. Maybe it's a step towards making Macs more game friendly, meh probably not. But I suppose it can't hurt.

By the way, where can you even get a list of new game releases on the mac? Amazon doesn't seem to make it easy at all to see a mac game list, although I do see ME2 is now only $30.. for the PC of course ;).

Err, I doubt they would show PC only games in the MAC client.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > BioShock 2 DLC Next Week
12. Re: BioShock 2 DLC Next Week Mar 8, 2010, 12:09 Stolk

Overon wrote on Mar 5, 2010, 18:38:
I have a widescreen monitor as well though and don't see any distortion when set to the proper resolution in game, and the silly widescreen issue with the Bioshocks never has bothered me.
If you are running in using a 16:10 aspect ratio then you have distortion.

Some facts. I have a widescreen monitor. I don't have distortion in Bioshock 2. I pay Bioshock in widescreen. I am at work so can't get any further facts. Done with the game anyway. Very good ending as far as endings go.

News Comments > BioShock 2 DLC Next Week
5. Re: BioShock 2 DLC Next Week Mar 5, 2010, 15:26 Stolk

I did notice that mouse speed setting issue. For me it goes from too slow to too fast in one increment but I dealt with it. I have a widescreen monitor as well though and don't see any distortion when set to the proper resolution in game, and the silly widescreen issue with the Bioshocks never has bothered me.

I'm nearing the end I think and I've really enjoyed it, more so than the first game. The first game's atmosphere was a bit more chilling though. To each his own.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 17, 2010, 10:47 Stolk

Whew...! I thought that was saying Nicholas Cage was done doing thrillers.  

News Comments > Aliens vs. Predator Trailer
7. Re: Aliens vs. Predator Trailer Oct 16, 2009, 22:24 Stolk

Yay! Let's hope for more than 2 quick saves every frustrating map!!!  

News Comments > Gold - Borderlands
13. Re: Gold - Borderlands Oct 9, 2009, 22:41 Stolk

Dead flowers and moonlight.  

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Beta Applications
43. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Beta Applications Sep 29, 2009, 14:52 Stolk

Pretty flowers and sunshine.  

News Comments > WoW Faction Changes Begin, Race Changes Planned
25. Re: re: Sep 3, 2009, 13:53 Stolk

Reitsuki is the only person here that has posted an intelligent comment to this.

No, the guy that said he quit the game was the most intelligent person I saw

News Comments > Champions Online Discount Subs Return
28. Re: CO Discount Subs Return Aug 27, 2009, 21:53 Stolk

The open beta ended on the 24th, although they left the servers up for another two days. They shut them down for the wipe yesterday evening. Yes, it's a Bill Roper plot.

Actually the wipe will occur tonight. Servers were up for a few hours tonight and finally closed for real a little over an hour ago. So while people were typing on blues news comments about not everyone able to get in beta, open beta was open.

News Comments > Champions Online Discount Subs Return
8. Re: CO Discount Subs Return Aug 27, 2009, 13:48 Stolk

Wow, you folks have really been traumatized by Bill Roper. Maybe you should seek counseling.

I was thinking along the same lines. Wasn't sure how to put it into words. But yes, a peculiar group here.

News Comments > WoW Cataclysm Videos
6. Re: WoW Cataclysm Videos Aug 21, 2009, 19:18 Stolk

teehee. How many addicted fans have said the same thing...  

News Comments > id Software Interview
8. Re: id Software Interview Mar 10, 2009, 02:26 Stolk

No, Hollenshead said it WOULD be released this year. Blue misheard or misinterpreted what he said.

"But we're probably looking at this for next year, right? Not this year?"
TH: "Uhhhh, no we'll be out this year."

Ya that's what I heard to. I played it over and over about 5 times to make sure I was hearing it right. I'm not the only one.

News Comments > Duke Nukem Movie Plans
14. Re: I'd rather see Sep 8, 2008, 23:39 Stolk

Been working on Max Payne for 10 years now? Color me confused.

News Comments > Spore Login Problems
13. gg Sep 5, 2008, 21:08 Stolk

You made me laugh out loud blue.

News Comments > Limbo of the Lost Pulled
62. Re: limbogate Jun 13, 2008, 07:03 Stolk

That's basically what I said but in 3 big paragraphs instead of a tiny sentence. This is a game that no one cares about. I can't blame you guys though, you just like a good story

News Comments > Limbo of the Lost Pulled
52. Re: limbogate Jun 12, 2008, 20:39 Stolk

http://www.limbogate.com/

So I went ahead and registered the domain. It's parked for now until I can get WordPress up and running.

I felt this story is huge and interesting enough that it probably needs an entire site dedicated to just tracking the progress, and ultimate outcome. Tracking the list of games and films that were ripped off is going to be interesting.

Yes I agree. A game called Limbo of the Lost just screams huge story.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
14. Re: sigh Apr 21, 2008, 18:06 Stolk

In this case Epic is totally right though

That does it. Case settled.

News Comments > World of Warcraft Patch
10. Re: How is this news? Oct 9, 2007, 17:45 Stolk

They do include the patch notes when you log in, but as Bundy pointed out, some people like to read about patch notes before they install it.

A fun game could be, 'what will that zeph dude say next'. In response to the above post, it could be something like:

"If people want to read the warcrap patch notes every week before they install it why not just go to the website. And if the update is automated, what does it matter if you read the notes before you install, since you have to install the patch anyway? This isn't news."

It could go on and on!

News Comments > BioShock Activations Upped, Widescreen Patch Planned
106. Re: Bioshock Aug 24, 2007, 12:00 Stolk

if your annoyed, blame the pirates, its them who drove them to do this.

Nah, I'll blame those actually responsible for implementing retarded copy-protection schemes and pissing off most of their customers.
Both wrong. Blame the people willing to use the illegal versions.

All of you are wrong. Blame Keith.

News Comments > BioShock Activations Upped, Widescreen Patch Planned
67. Re: Maybe research first. Aug 24, 2007, 03:32 Stolk

The fact that whether or not an x1300 is "better" than an X700, X800, or X850 depends upon semantics. For example, an X1300 has only 4 pixel pipelines. An X700 have twice that many (8) as that, and an X850XT has four times as many (16). So, from a performance standpoint, an X1300 is certainly NOT better than an X700 or any of the X800 series cards.

I bet you argue in your sleep, don't you.

482 Comments. 25 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo