Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Stolk

Real Name Stolk   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Stolk
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 27, 2002, 02:26
Total Comments 482 (Amateur)
User ID 13170

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Fallout: New Vegas Tools
31. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Tools Oct 20, 2010, 09:22 Stolk

The game ran horrible on first launch with consistant choppiness. I realized the launcher improperly set the graphic settings to ultra for my 3 year old computer. Changing this to high made all the difference. About 5 hours in and the game has crashed to the desktop once on me. Thankfully I had just exited a building and the game auto-saved. That aside, really enjoying the gameplay and exploration.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Mafia II DLC Released
14. Re: Mafia II DLC Released Sep 28, 2010, 17:07 Stolk

kimbambaman wrote on Sep 28, 2010, 14:44:
what+ever...the Borderlands DLC is out today! W00t!

Haven't seen anything about the PC version release though

News Comments > On the GOG.com Hoax
1. Re: On the GOG.com Hoax Sep 22, 2010, 22:30 Stolk

I'm so ANGRY I could SPIT.  

News Comments > BioShock Infinite Trailer
10. Re: BioShock Infinite Trailer Sep 22, 2010, 01:16 Stolk

You heard it here first! The very first gameplay trailer for BioShock Infinite was made entirely for presentation.

And yah, the game looks awesome. But, what if it's a bad console to PC port?

News Comments > GOG.com Tease
24. Re: GOG.com Tease Sep 21, 2010, 17:25 Stolk

killer_roach wrote on Sep 21, 2010, 15:18:
ochentay4 wrote on Sep 21, 2010, 13:21:
So much anger in this site!

It's the Internet, there's nothing better to do.

It is way more fun to make fun of angry people on the internet. There is a wealth of targets here.

News Comments > On APB Refunds, Epic's APB Interest, and RTW's Closure
26. Re: On APB Refunds, Epic's APB Interest, and RTW's Closure Sep 17, 2010, 17:28 Stolk

fujiJuice wrote on Sep 17, 2010, 17:16:
Stolk wrote on Sep 17, 2010, 16:34:
So you really don't understand what he means by referring to an MMO as a service and how it differs from a movie? And you don't really know what he means when he says MMOs have no endings? Or did you just get stuck in the one-upping mentality of internet forums and just can't let it go?

No, quite the opposite, which is why I gave reasons why I 'think' that he is incorrect. It is how debates work, he offers points, I offer counterpoints, I am perfectly willing to concede when I 'think' am wrong, which I have done before on this very site. If, however, I don't 'think' that I am incorrect I will defend my position, as anyone should. Except yourself of course, the very act of countering what I have just written will cause your initial accusations to be hypocritical.

At least now you're thinking. Much better than the previous. But, you answered the last question. I was really more interested in the first 2 questions answered. I just threw that last one in there for fun and good times.

23. Re: On APB Refunds, Epic's APB Interest, and RTW's Closure Sep 17, 2010, 16:34 Stolk

fujiJuice wrote on Sep 17, 2010, 15:57:
Beamer wrote on Sep 17, 2010, 15:30:
No, that's a terrible analogy.
A movie isn't a service, an MMO is.
A movie has an ending, an MMO doesn't. Especially this one.

A better analogy would be if you bought a ticket that allows you to see as many movies as you want in a month but the theater closed after two weeks.

Well around where I live they rarely if ever let you take the movie home from the theater so we have service theaters not sure what you have.

Also no MMO in past or future is going to last forever... "especially this one", so yes they do have endings.

So you really don't understand what he means by referring to an MMO as a service and how it differs from a movie? And you don't really know what he means when he says MMOs have no endings? Or did you just get stuck in the one-upping mentality of internet forums and just can't let it go?

13. Re: On APB Refunds, Epic's APB Interest, and RTW's Closure Sep 17, 2010, 14:04 Stolk

Wow. At least in Matrix Online we were able to play for a couple months after they announced it was going off-line. They even opened up the game free for anyone who ever had an account.

I don't feel that bad for the players though. At least you no longer have to feel the need to play this miserable game.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Jimmy's Vendetta for Mafia II
40. Re: Ships Ahoy - Jimmy's Vendetta for Mafia II Sep 8, 2010, 11:08 Stolk

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Sep 8, 2010, 01:48:
nin wrote on Sep 7, 2010, 21:40:
I've not bought it. And you don't have to, either.

Cry some more.
That's great because I didn't buy it either. I'm still wondering where this flood of tears is coming from nin, because all I hear is your whining over people who are pointing out the obvious.

He must have stock in the company, or something at stake.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Jimmy's Vendetta for Mafia II
19. Re: Ships Ahoy - Jimmy's Vendetta for Mafia II Sep 7, 2010, 17:51 Stolk

NKD wrote on Sep 7, 2010, 16:03:
Actually most peoples complaints are basically that it doesn't innovate enough from Mafia 1. It is basically the same game with a different story and better graphics.

Mafia 1 was short and with zip for side content too, but peoples expectations are a lot higher these days.

I am one of the people that do not like Mafia 2. Certainly I cannot speak for everyone else. But, when I stopped playing around chaptor 9 or 10, exited the game and deleted it from Steam, I was not thinking "You know, they just didn't innovate enough over Mafia 1 to keep playing". I find it hard to believe many people would think that as the primary factor on why not to like a game. What I did think was, "ENOUGH" 6 hours of playtime and maybe 10 minutes of fun and the rest spent playing connect the dots in which each dot is another movie that plays connected by a series of streets or easy shootouts. Bu-bye.

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever Press Release
52. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Press Release Sep 7, 2010, 14:56 Stolk

Jerykk wrote on Sep 3, 2010, 23:41:
And using magic things that provide automatic "health" make much more sense.

Way to miss the point. This isn't about realism, it's about the depth of the mechanic. Regenerating health has no depth. You get shot, you take cover for a few seconds, boom, you're fully healed. There's no long-term consequence for getting hit so the only hit that matters is the one that kills you. This utterly ruins the intensity of firefights.

Conversely, with finite health systems, every hit counts. Take too many hits in one fight and you'll be at a disadvantage in the next. This promotes the development of actual skill, as players have to either become better at avoiding enemy fire or killing enemies more quickly.

Regenerating health is just lazy on behalf of the designers and players.

Anyway, back on topic, it's good to see Duke back. However, it's not so great to see that 360 is apparently the lead SKU.

Way to think I missed the point. Also, way to be dismissive.

Anyway, what do health packs and you have in common?

News Comments > Borderlands Level Cap Raise Planned
17. Re: Borderlands Level Cap Raise Planned Sep 7, 2010, 13:02 Stolk

Bard wrote on Sep 7, 2010, 10:31:
Lord Tea wrote on Sep 6, 2010, 16:51:
Borderlands is the best FPS in a long time imo.

You must be playing some other version. I found it to be repetitive, clunky and a big disappointment.

Did they ever fix the net code so no firewall mappings and other fiddling is required?

TF2 is still the best multiplayer FPS out there. Simply a masterpiece.

He must be playing the same version I played. It was easily my favorite FPS shooter of last year. I enjoyed single player, didn't really care much for the mp experience though. My only negative was the menu system on the PC, but that didn't affect gameplay.

If I regarded Blue's News commenters as an entity, I would say the commenters here love Mafia 2 and dislike Borderlands. This is a very strange place.

News Comments > Project: MyWorld Sold
2. Re: Project: MyWorld Sold Sep 5, 2010, 15:06 Stolk

Good to know.  

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever Press Release
25. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Press Release Sep 3, 2010, 19:36 Stolk

jimnms wrote on Sep 3, 2010, 18:27:
tony wrote on Sep 3, 2010, 16:52:
I was having a great day until I saw regenerating health.
I know Duke is supposed to be a badass, but regenerating health ego is lame.

And using magic things that provide automatic "health" make much more sense.

News Comments > DNF Next Year
15. Re: DNF Next Year Sep 3, 2010, 14:59 Stolk

sliv wrote on Sep 3, 2010, 14:51:
I guess, if game actually is released, the big question will be what will everyone with all that pent up gamer angst use as a punching bag after next year.

Probably another Mafia game. God forbid.

News Comments > Analyst: Mafia II "Unlikely to Achieve Profitability"
53. Re: Analyst: Mafia II Aug 31, 2010, 09:34 Stolk

Lorcin wrote on Aug 31, 2010, 08:52:
It didn't really go anyway by the end of the game your still sleeping in a run down flat with no money. The main character makes a serious of really dumb choices which completely left me detached from him - case in point the family he joined after leaving prison, nobody in their right mind would follow the idiot Joe anyway.

Finally the last mission is no more difficult than the first just slightly longer.

All in all I was actually glad when the credits rolled on this one and if it hadn't been so short I would have quit.

Finally someone speaking some sense, except I didn't make it to the credits. This game felt more like a series of movies tied together by moving from point A to point B.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
13. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 29, 2010, 20:13 Stolk

Mafia 2 blows. 10 chapters done and I can't take it anymore. I'd rather play any game I like again than play Mafia 2 once.

I bought it off Steam. So ya, I'm part of that number one. And ya, again, it blows.

News Comments > On Sale
3. Re: On Sale Aug 14, 2010, 17:16 Stolk

except that it includes all 5 add-ons. If you haven't played it now would be the time.  

News Comments > Mass Effect 2 DLC & Weapons Pack
10. Re: Mass Effect 2 DLC & Weapons Pack Jul 25, 2010, 18:04 Stolk

Jerykk wrote on Jul 25, 2010, 18:00:
If they eventually release all the ME2 and DAO DLC in $15 packs, I'll bite. However, I'm not going to pay more than that.

good to know.

News Comments > Mafia II DLC Plans
3. Re: Mafia II DLC Plans Jul 16, 2010, 22:41 Stolk

2K Games just announced they don't care.  

482 Comments. 25 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo