Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Stolk

Real Name Stolk   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Stolk
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 27, 2002, 02:26
Total Comments 482 (Amateur)
User ID 13170

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Metro Redux in August
7. Re: Metro Redux in August Jun 25, 2014, 02:00 Stolk

Burrito of Peace wrote on Jun 24, 2014, 20:19:
And what of those of us who already own the originals? Guess we get fucked.

You bought the games and never played them? Well that's just silly, they're solid games.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Titanfall 48GB Install is 35GB of Audio
47. Re: Titanfall 48GB Install is 35GB of Audio Mar 12, 2014, 02:19 Stolk

Simon Says wrote on Mar 11, 2014, 20:14:
That's total bullshit, winamp decodes AAC, FLAC and MP3 at less than 1% on one core, and that's on an old midrange cpu ( core i5 750 ) at a throttled down speed ( around 1.4ghz ).

And yes I know thats only "1 channel", but still.

So why couldn't their game do the same?

You can't handle the truth son! They don't want you to know it's not the audio, but you are exposing them! Keep up the fight! If the people find out it's something other than audio, and we know their lies, down with Respawn!

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - CONSORTIUM
9. Re: Ships Ahoy - CONSORTIUM Jan 9, 2014, 02:38 Stolk

Well hell, apparently this game is role-playing experience unlike any other. Now I'm totally pumped.  

News Comments > Steam Controller Announced
42. Re: Steam Controller Announced Sep 28, 2013, 02:08 Stolk

I was just thinking earlier today how much I love touchscreen analogue controls on smartphones and wishing there was a gamepad that would recreate this functionality for PC games. Mouse and keyboard and Xbox 360 controllers... hah! If only someone could come up with technology that would stream my Windows gaming to my smartphone. The pinnacle.  

News Comments > Two Final Mass Effect 3 DLC Packs Announced
16. Re: Two Final Mass Effect 3 DLC Packs Announced Jul 9, 2013, 01:05 Stolk

Stolk wrote on Feb 22, 2013, 03:16:
Brumbek wrote on Feb 21, 2013, 21:53:
GAME IS DEAD TO ME. Ending ruined it. Oh, and Origin=No play. May EA go out of business soon. That is all.

And may you get black eyed peas with ketchup on Fridays!

This is one of my funnier comments.

News Comments > Gearbox Teases New IP; More Borderlands 2 DLC
8. Re: Gearbox Teases New IP; More Borderlands 2 DLC Jul 9, 2013, 01:03 Stolk

Cutter wrote on Jul 8, 2013, 21:13:
Damn man, how much more milk is left in this cow?

I don't know. As much as people are willing to pay for maybe? Great question though. Super great.

News Comments > Two Final Mass Effect 3 DLC Packs Announced
9. Re: Two Final Mass Effect 3 DLC Packs Announced Feb 22, 2013, 03:16 Stolk

Brumbek wrote on Feb 21, 2013, 21:53:
GAME IS DEAD TO ME. Ending ruined it. Oh, and Origin=No play. May EA go out of business soon. That is all.

And may you get black eyed peas with ketchup on Fridays!

News Comments > TTimo: id "Lost Interest Towards the PC"
7. Re: TTimo: id Feb 6, 2013, 00:44 Stolk

The Half Elf wrote on Feb 5, 2013, 23:17:
Rattlehead wrote on Feb 5, 2013, 22:52:
Creston wrote on Feb 5, 2013, 22:00:
Hopefully Carmack will have tons of fun programming shitty-looking games for decrepit hardware.

Bye John!

Creston
You must be crazy or blind, because RAGE is one of the best looking games of all time, on console or PC.

Rattlehead

Unless you turn around really fast or look at things really close.

I imagine when id makes a detective game with a player character that makes surprise 180 degree turns, they'll adjust.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
21. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 20, 2013, 02:43 Stolk

Falcons Ravens.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
38. Re: Evening Tech Bits Dec 7, 2012, 01:30 Stolk

Dades wrote on Dec 6, 2012, 07:23:
Stolk wrote on Dec 6, 2012, 00:09:
If I didn't know better I'd think you knew what you're talking about!

If you knew better you could probably talk about any feature from Windows 8 in detail other than "file copy and task manager!" but no, the improvements people always mention are copy and pasted from reviews because they do not even understand what they're using actually using. I doubt any of you have even used storage spaces or know what they did to the memory heap, you're ratting off bullet points and regurgitated talking points to justify your personal upgrades. When they give me real reasons to upgrade from Windows 7, I will consider it. The os being cheap isn't a reason to upgrade.

- DADES - This is a signature of my name, enjoy!

Hey smartguy, I think you quoted the wrong person. "file copy and task manager" what? I simply pointed out that I am a perfectly happy Windows 8 user, then made fun of you. Please work harder on your comeback posts.

14. Re: Evening Tech Bits Dec 6, 2012, 00:09 Stolk

Dades wrote on Dec 5, 2012, 22:12:
Stolk wrote on Dec 5, 2012, 21:43:
A lot of people like it, including me. I usually leave it on the desktop and rarely see the new Windows 8 interface, but it is indeed a fast and surprisingly problem free OS, for me. This is just elitist tech geeks trying their best to give it a bad name.

You're using Windows 7 with an annoying tablet interface bolted onto it that you manage to ignore and very minor under the hood changes. Stop trying to deceive yourself that you're somehow blazing a new path that "tech elitist geeks" somehow don't understand. Of course it's problem free, its based almost entirely on Windows 7 which has years of stability testing. This is not an accomplishment! It has nothing to do with "hating", it's an operating system, not a band. Instead of people being elitist tech geeks maybe others just have really low standards.

- DADES - This is a signature of my name, enjoy!

If I didn't know better I'd think you knew what you're talking about!

7. Re: Evening Tech Bits Dec 5, 2012, 21:43 Stolk

Hellbinder wrote on Dec 5, 2012, 21:29:
I'm using windows 8 right now. I think its awesome. Its really and updated windows 7 with a new user interface and its faster that greased lighting.

I'm surprised people hate it so much. I like it more and more every day. in fact going back to windows 7 and the older style start menu and controls seems dated and old to me now.

I don't have a single bad thing to say about it.

A lot of people like it, including me. I usually leave it on the desktop and rarely see the new Windows 8 interface, but it is indeed a fast and surprisingly problem free OS, for me. This is just elitist tech geeks trying their best to give it a bad name.

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
7. Re: Saturday Mobilization Oct 27, 2012, 21:18 Stolk

Cutter wrote on Oct 27, 2012, 18:28:
Who cares? It's a fucking phone. Now if it were the cure for cancer, or a suitcase nuke or something, that would be newsworthy. This is up there with celebrity "news".

Because tech news often includes a cure for cancer.

News Comments > The Secret World Launches
29. Re: The Secret World Launches Jul 3, 2012, 17:33 Stolk

Steele Johnson wrote on Jul 3, 2012, 12:29:
All you have to do is watch the youtube gameplay videos, and it will convince you not to play it. Same boring story-driven, repetative combat crap that you've all played before. Sorry, A different theme and voice acting isn't enough (see kotr) to win over gamers who want a player-driven dynamic experience that next gen mmos are leaning towards. Funcom fails again, so don't be fooled by the early reviews.

Skip ahead to 5:48
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yE5MGysyfJM

Well fortunately for me I didn't watch any Youtube videos of it, so I'm having a great time with it.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
11. Re: matthew@welchkin.net Jun 8, 2012, 15:42 Stolk

Bodolza wrote on Jun 8, 2012, 12:30:
reisub wrote on Jun 8, 2012, 12:22:
How are circles better?

They're usable and intuitive. Circles don't feel tacked on like lists. It took me a long time to figure out how to even use lists. Google+ schema is based around your Circles. By default, you are just posting to the Circle.

I'm not worried about it going away. It's actually getting heavy usage in the professional areas.

What he said. If you use Google+ you know it's not going anywhere. The popularity with photographers alone is enough to justify its existence, but on top of that it makes a fantastic news stream once you've setup your Following circle.

News Comments > Diablo III Hotfixes
68. Re: Diablo III Hotfixes May 25, 2012, 01:10 Stolk

Wolfox wrote on May 24, 2012, 15:22:
Stolk wrote on May 24, 2012, 14:57:
Lots of complaints specifically regarding tool-tips not being changed yet. I continue to be surprised by things I see around the internet.

That's a big deal. First, because it's confusing. Second, because if ArenaNet updates tooltips every time a skill changes, then Blizzard should be able to do the same.

I know what you're doing. I will not be shocked again by this. The lunacy has already set in.

67. Re: Diablo III Hotfixes May 25, 2012, 01:07 Stolk

Beelzebud wrote on May 24, 2012, 16:00:
Okay, I'm not reading comments for any more Diablo 3 related stuff.

The PC gaming community has gone full retard.

I'm pretty satisfied with this comment. But please note, this did not happen recently.

31. Re: Diablo III Hotfixes May 24, 2012, 14:57 Stolk

Lots of complaints specifically regarding tool-tips not being changed yet. I continue to be surprised by things I see around the internet.  

News Comments > Portal 2 Test Results
6. Re: Portal 2 Test Results May 10, 2012, 22:38 Stolk

Yeah it's pretty obvious when you check it out, but 12 Angry Tests is a great place to start. And yep, straight from the creator, it was made with the Hammer editor rather than the new in-game editor. It's pretty darn polished. I look forward to checking out more once I complete it.  

News Comments > No PvP in Diablo III Launch
28. Re: No PvP in Diablo III Launch Mar 10, 2012, 02:06 Stolk

Icewind wrote on Mar 9, 2012, 21:57:
I doubt anyone remembers, but back in the old B.net community, I remember when it was announced that Diablo 2 would have a PvP toggle and that you could only PK players who had it effectively "turned on" and everyone shit a brick in Ogden's Tavern.

Still cracks me up to this day. A lot of the old farts stayed in D1, thankfully. Or moved to Ultima Online.

Diablo 3 looks like shit more and more every day though. It's like an inferior version of Torchlight.

I'd rather get Torchlight 2 or Grim Dawn. Both are basically what the gaming public expected Diablo 3 to be anyway.

I've played Torchlight and I've played the D3 beta. It's a cute comment but if you think Diablo 3 is inferior to Torchlight then you haven't played Diablo 3. But then you know how Torchlight 2 plays without playing it. Boggle.

482 Comments. 25 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo