Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sho

Real Name Sho   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Sho
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 26, 2002, 23:49
Total Comments 491 (Amateur)
User ID 13167

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Torment: Tides of Numenera Kickstarter Passes $2MM
8. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera Kickstarter Passes $2MM Mar 8, 2013, 09:39 Sho

FTL is an example of a KS breakout success that's already been released, but I'm guessing you mean big KS games. I think the first one to release is Broken Sword: The Serpent's Curse in September (which was a no-brainer for me, big adventure fan and fan of the series, and these guys know what they're doing).  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Torment: Tides of Numenera Kickstarter Passes $2MM
5. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera Kickstarter Passes $2MM Mar 8, 2013, 09:34 Sho

I really enjoyed their first video update as well. One thing that made me a bit reluctant to back initially (before they actually launched and their pitch blew me away) is that I felt the, well, entertainment value of the post-campaign Wasteland 2 process hasn't been as high as with some other projects I've backed. Yes, yes, I know, these teams are primarily supposed to deliver us great games, not to put on a show, but watching the Double Fine Adventure web series or the Project Eternity updates - it's just fun. With DFA I feel that even if the game were to turn out badly, I'd already have gotten my money's worth. So I'm rather happy the Torment team seems to want to broadcast more.  

News Comments > Torment: Tides of Numenera Kickstarter Live
106. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera Kickstarter Live Mar 6, 2013, 17:22 Sho

Creston wrote on Mar 6, 2013, 17:18:
Sho wrote on Mar 6, 2013, 17:13:
So, is this the fastest Kickstarter comment thread to reach 100 posts?

I dunno, the Obsidian one was literally on fire!

Fun read, that one:

nin wrote on Sep 15, 2012, 13:00:
Just got up...they've crossed a million in around 24 hours. That's astounding...I honestly thought the KS craze was starting to wind down a little, so this is a nice surprise.

101. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera Kickstarter Live Mar 6, 2013, 17:13 Sho

So, is this the fastest Kickstarter comment thread to reach 100 posts?  

99. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera Kickstarter Live Mar 6, 2013, 17:08 Sho

I commented a little on the Numenera setting along with posting some concept art earlier, to me it pretty quickly went from "hmm" to "this is actually a selling point!"

It's like getting the best of both worlds, ideally - the depth and overall approach of PS:T, but still essentially an original IP instead of a nostalgia rehash. Big reason this is a compelling pitch.

92. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera Kickstarter Live Mar 6, 2013, 16:45 Sho

Kickstarter confirms that Torment beat OUYA as the fastest project to reach 1 million in pledges: https://twitter.com/kickstarter/status/309409958817050624  

90. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera Kickstarter Live Mar 6, 2013, 16:32 Sho

I don't understand this whole "funding options for non-Americans" business. Amazon Payments accepts credit cards that are widely available outside America. Yes, fewer Europeans might have credit cards because they can usually get away with debit cards during daily life, but this is still a silly meme ...

Edit: And yeah, bonayou.com sells pre-paid MasterCard credit cards via PayPal, with no additional fee or shipping costs. The business model is that as long as the card is just sitting around a monthly fee is deducted from the pre-loaded amount, but if you know the amount you're going to spend and that you'll use it up immediately, it's basically a free PayPal-to-CC converter that just involves waiting on physical delivery.

88. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera Kickstarter Live Mar 6, 2013, 16:29 Sho

I'm also kind of hoping they're in contact with Obsidian on the tech side (considering Obsidian/Avellone is consulting on Wasteland 2, it's not far-fetched). Wasteland 2, Torment and Project Eternity are all being built on Unity and have obvious similarities, so exchanging knowledge could benefit all of them.  

84. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera Kickstarter Live Mar 6, 2013, 16:13 Sho

Creston wrote on Mar 6, 2013, 16:08:
Just out of curiosity, Sho, how much did you donate to Dreamfall? (It's just a question, feel free to ignore or tell me to mind my own damn business. )

Creston

I'll shoot you a mail, don't like to talk numbers in public.

76. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera Kickstarter Live Mar 6, 2013, 15:46 Sho

Torment is my seventh Kickstarter and my second-highest pledge so far (the money I threw at Dreamfall Chapters was far in excess of this one; Dreamfall is still the only video game that ever made me cry).  

74. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera Kickstarter Live Mar 6, 2013, 15:40 Sho

Video of the inXile team hitting the funding goal: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eq4X0AdTiSw  

72. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera Kickstarter Live Mar 6, 2013, 15:30 Sho

From a friend: "Fun fact: This game was funded in less time than it takes to play through a Call of Duty game!"  

71. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera Kickstarter Live Mar 6, 2013, 15:27 Sho

Quick, someone take this xkcd strip and edit in "Torment is being pitched on Kickstarter" ...  

49. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera Kickstarter Live Mar 6, 2013, 14:32 Sho

I always go for the all-digital tiers on these things now, physical crap just sits around collecting dust ...  

43. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera Kickstarter Live Mar 6, 2013, 14:14 Sho

I wonder if Chris Avellone will be a stretch goal ... they had him as one on Wasteland 2 I think, and the FAQ teases with "planned Stretch Goals include adding more writing talent (including some names you may find familiar)".

Maybe Chris should put "Kickstarter stretch goal" on his card, if true?

40. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera Kickstarter Live Mar 6, 2013, 14:08 Sho

Actually that sort of explains why day 1 and 2 are always so disproportionally big on Kicktraq; it's really just a one-day bump but their date line falls smack into the US day I guess.  

38. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera Kickstarter Live Mar 6, 2013, 14:05 Sho

AFAIK Kickstarter uses EST/EDT, so it's a lot more than four hours?  

28. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera Kickstarter Live Mar 6, 2013, 13:36 Sho

Another thing: As a Linux-when-possible gamer I was really happy to see them advertise Linux support from the outset, instead of making it a stretch goal.

I mean let's face it, the main reason "Linux support" and "Kickstarter game" correlate so much is because the Humble Bundle showed, via Linux buyers paying the highest average price, that Linux gamers are an attractive mobilization target because they like to show off their strong commitment to their favorite platform by reaching more deeply into their wallets. And yeah, that applies to me as well - but I was also starting to build up a little bit of resentment for having the Linux carrot dangled before me again and again. That they've committed to Linux support right from the get go contributed to me feeling good about this one (and making it a stretch goal would have made me feel extra-bad since they're advertising tech sharing with Wasteland 2 as a risk-reducing advantage in their pitch, i.e. it wouldn't have really added up to a coherent story).

25. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera Kickstarter Live Mar 6, 2013, 13:31 Sho

Well, I actually meant the record in terms of hours-to-funding-goal, whatever the goal might be :). But I think they'll do pretty well on the day 1 total too ...  

21. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera Kickstarter Live Mar 6, 2013, 13:25 Sho

I think that would set a new record actually - Double Fine Adventure needed 8 hours to reach their goal (which was just 400k).  

491 Comments. 25 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo