Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jeremy Dunn

Real Name Jeremy Dunn   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Undead Scottsman
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 23, 2002, 22:19
Total Comments 563 (Apprentice)
User ID 13142

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > DoD: Source News
16. Re: No subject Jun 18, 2005, 17:53 Undead Scottsman

...and yet they had no problems releasing Half Life: Source. *blech*

Half-Life: Source was a quickie bonus intended primarily for Valve to test the waters and see how well porting HL1 content to the Source engine would be. It was never intended as a full retail game which is why it was never sold as a full retail game. DoD:S on the other hand...

I feel no pity for all the idiots who overpaid through Steam. I knew it wasn't worth it then, and it never will be. What did you people get? A half assed port of Half Life which you will never play, a really long pain in the ass download and install, and a half hearted promise at best that you'll see the rest of your investment delivered.

It was quite worth it, IMO. I play HL1 all the time still, and the source engine works with my 3D card better than the HL1 engine did; plus the ragdolls rock. HL:Source alone was worth the five extra bucks. (Half-Life 2 was, and still is, 55 bucks at my local store.)

Also could not lower the price on Steam due to their contract with Vivindi. Hopefully when it expires in August we'll see some price drops. Doesn't really matter to me though; it was either get to play it the second it comes out for 60 bucks, plus a bunch of extras, or wait a few days for it to come to my town and by it with no extras for 55 bucks.

This comment was edited on Jun 18, 17:55.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Blizzard vs BnetD
14. Re: Blizzard boycott Jun 17, 2005, 16:27 Undead Scottsman

I think the more important question is, what does Blizzard have on ther horizon that looks good? I can't think of a damn thing...
Uhh, last time I checked, they only had one announced thing "on the horizion." Everything else is under wraps at the moment, including whatever Blizzard North is working on.

News Comments > Wow! 2M Playing WoW!
55. Re: This game is too successful! Jun 14, 2005, 20:17 Undead Scottsman

I think this number is BS. Even if it were true - which I seriously doubt it is - I know for a fact that they're also losing a lot of customers. After 3 months (6 at the outside) there's absolutely no point in playing anymore.

Battlegrounds just came out last tuesday, which prompted a lot of people to reregesiter their accounts, as well as a lot of new people to start up accounts now that the big PvP thing is in there.

News Comments > Day of Defeat: Source News Coming
30. Re: No subject Jun 12, 2005, 20:55 Undead Scottsman

Considering that the announcement also brought up two new mods and HLDM: Source, it cracks me up that you choose to focus on the "We'll have some DOD:S news coming up soon"

News Comments > Day of Defeat: Source News Coming
26. Re: No subject Jun 12, 2005, 18:43 Undead Scottsman

I'm losing faith in Valve.

People still have faith in Valve to make release dates? Other than the weekly updates and a few of the large patches, Valve hasn't made a single release date in like... ever. Half-Life? Delayed by a year. TFC? Delayed by several months. Half-Life 2? Diddo. TF2? The DNF of multiplayer. Lost Coast? Was due out last month.

Valve is just plainly not good with release dates; period.

News Comments > Half-Life (1) Patch
27. Re: FULL OF CHEATERS Jun 9, 2005, 07:30 Undead Scottsman

As part of the next version of VAC, which is currently in testing, the Linux game server now must have GLIBC 2.3.2 or above installed.

News Comments > Half-Life (1) Patch
11. Re: Hmmm Jun 7, 2005, 23:05 Undead Scottsman

what happened to that black mesa project?you know hl in hl2 engine?
You mean the mod Black Mesa: Source? It's still being worked on.

News Comments > Source Rollback
31. Re: Undead Scottsman May 23, 2005, 02:31 Undead Scottsman

Nice to know that you care

28. Re: May 21, 2005, 23:29 Undead Scottsman

2005: Steam is good.
2006: Steam is good.
2007: Steam is good.
2008: Steam is good.
2009: Steam sucks, man this game is costing me an arm & a leg the way they are delivering it to me in little chunks like this. I think I've paid $150 for a game that should have cost $49 all because of how subtle these little patches and parts of the game are. You never know its charging your credit card to download them until its too late. What fucking moron set Steam to autodownload/autocredit. Both those features should be defaulted to off, but I guess that there are so many stupid people in the world that they would have bitched about not being able to update their games. I've been suckered & so have a million gamers by this cheap ass episodic release plan of Valve.
2010: Valve is sued for illegal usage of credit cards, fraudulent practices and moronic decisions; also sued is one Zephalephelah for setting up this truly stupid scenerio.

13. Re: No subject May 20, 2005, 23:01 Undead Scottsman

Well, ultimatly in these games, if you don't have the latest version you can't play on servers that do have it. Similar to battle.net, really.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
23. Re: It's nice to know Microsoft May 19, 2005, 19:39 Undead Scottsman

Ironically, this comes from a company that has NEVER been into backwards compatibility.
The current Gameboy Advance is backward compatible all the way back to the original 4 color games. Even the DS can play GBA games.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
22. Re: It's nice to know Microsoft May 19, 2005, 19:37 Undead Scottsman

Not to mention that whole "brain" thing Nintendo keeps mentioning, plus the fact that Reggie himself registered www.nintendoon.com
Which is a dead give-away that it's a hoax. Reggie wouldn't have his name on the website; it'd either be "Nintendo Inc", the name of the webmonky company Nintendo hired, or a fake name/company.

yet it links to IGN, and IGN has yet to give a Revolution section even though there's a 360 and PS3 section. No nr.ign.com
Again, that says to me that whoever made the website really did a poor job. I would have linked it to Nintendo.com, not ign. (As for IGN, there's almost nothing known about the revolution, whereas the PS3 and Xbox360 both have finalized specs and games shown. Not much of a reason to put up a revolution page at this moment.)

Also, Reggie confirmed the "Nintendo On" video as fake today, IIRC.

News Comments > Site Seeing
18. Re: No subject May 18, 2005, 04:32 Undead Scottsman

Try eight. 1997 was the first year when we beheld glorious Quake Engine screenshots of Prey
Prey was running on it's own engine, I thought.

This comment was edited on May 18, 04:34.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
34. Re: No subject May 18, 2005, 04:29 Undead Scottsman

I don't think it would have taken a lot to upstage Microsoft's hideously shitty MTV "Special" anyways

I keep seeing this, even though it should have really no bearing on the 360 vs PS3 E3 presentation argument. The MTV special was to appeal to the mainstream chowderhead that made Halo2 such a success. It was not intended to appeal to hardcore gamers and geeks, nor was it intended to impress investors and reporters. That's what E3 is for.

Remember, the mainstream chowderhead doesn't care about who has the most terraflops; he just cares that his console is cool, and having rappers gush over it is apparently "cool" to said chowderheads.

This comment was edited on May 18, 04:29.

News Comments > Nintendo Announcements
17. Re: A NEW HOPE!!!! May 17, 2005, 20:51 Undead Scottsman

If that's the video I'm thinking of (Nintendo On) then it's faker than a three dollar bill.

As for sale figures, last time I checked it was
PS2: 80+ Million
Xbox: 20 million
GCN: 18 million

However, the Xbox sells horribly bad in Japan to the point where it's almost non-existant in that market. This is why Nintendo keeps near the Xbox's numbers.

This comment was edited on May 17, 20:53.

News Comments > Blizzard Acquires Swingin' Ape
12. Re: No subject May 16, 2005, 18:58 Undead Scottsman

And Blizzard is a bit of a joke these days. Much the same way as id software. Both are one trick ponies, it seems.
Funny, the most successful american MMORPG of all time seems to disagree with that statement. Blizzard is only a joke to elitests who wait and pray every night for a chance to say something popular sucks. Did they screw up a bit with WoW? Yes they did because they acted exactly the same as they did with every other game they released; which for a MMORPG is a big no-no.

This comment was edited on May 16, 18:59.

8. Re: No subject May 16, 2005, 17:37 Undead Scottsman

Blizzard sucks nows. All the real talent jumped ship last year. It's more than obvious with the POS called WoW which only gets worse every day.
Please do research before you comment. The people who "jumped ship" were all working for Blizzard North, who had nothing to do with World of WarCraft. Additionally, over half of the original coreteam (and five out of the eight members of the strike team) for StarCraft are still at the company.

All the real talent jumped ship my ass.

Wasn't NIHILISTIC the developer on this??
Where have you been? Apparently Nihilistic wasn't making the game Blizzard wanted (I've heard both that Nihilistic was making it too much like an action-game or that it was just plainly a mediocre effort) and once their contract was up Blizzard took it out of their hands and gave it to Swinging Ape.

This comment was edited on May 16, 17:37.

5. Re: No subject May 16, 2005, 16:52 Undead Scottsman

Say what now?! Blizzard acquired another company? Man, you don't hear about developers acquiring developers every day.
Hilariously enough though, this seems to be standard practice for Blizzard. Blizzard North originally started as a seperate company called Condor Interactive. They came to Blizzard with the idea of Diablo and eventually they became a sub-company of Blizzard.

I wrote off SC Ghost the day it was announced. It'll be a disaster reminiscent of Brotherhood of Steel and Invisible War. At least the guys at Blizzard realized this and decided to bury the damn thing.
You obvioisly have no idea how Blizzard works. If it was crap it would have gotten CANCELED; just like WarCraft Adventures. Instead of canceling it when they had a chance, they transferred production of it to a new company. Doesn't sound like burying to me.

Anywho, this can be a good thing, IMO, because if Blizzard feels Swinging Ape is capable of putting out Blizzard quality product, then it just means more Blizzard games down the pipeline.

This comment was edited on May 16, 16:54.

News Comments > CS: Source Maps Next Week
8. Re: Aftermath? May 7, 2005, 01:23 Undead Scottsman

Lost Coast is probably easier to make a demonstration out of, since it has very specific features they would want to show off. Aftermath, on the other hand, is more Half-Life 2. We've already seen Half-Life 2's major features, so the only thing left to show for Aftermath is spoilers.

News Comments > Steam Updates
18. Re: I don't like their update scheme May 6, 2005, 20:18 Undead Scottsman

Which is exactly the same as any other multiplayer game.

Indeed, Battle.net has been doing mandatory patches since Diablo. Diablo, StarCraft, Brood War, WarCraft II BNE, Diablo II, Lord of Destruction, WarCraft III, and Frozen Throne ALL require you to have the latest patch in order to play through battle.net; if you don't have it, it will be downloaded automatically if you try to log into B.net.

563 Comments. 29 pages. Viewing page 18.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo