Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Somedude

Real Name Somedude   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname jomisab
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 21, 2002, 13:50
Total Comments 242 (Novice)
User ID 13101

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ] Older >

News Comments > The Evil Within Released
1. Re: The Evil Within Released Oct 14, 2014, 09:41 jomisab

*Sigh*...looks like another fairly underwhelming release.

Here's hoping we see a lot of met or exceeded expectations next month with Far Cry 4, AC Unity, and DA:Inquisition.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 2, 2014, 12:36 jomisab

RoboNerd wrote on Oct 2, 2014, 10:57:
Re: Watch an intense new trailer for Christopher Nolan's 'Interstellar'

I keep seeing these trailer plugs for this movie pushing it as the greatest, most intense, movie ever and I just don't get it. Nothing I've seen moves me the least little bit. Right now it falls on my Redbox list when I have a free, or nearly free, code to use.

I'm guessing Nolan has a few twists and surprises in store that will ultimately make people see the movie in a much different light. The studio wants to build up as much hype as possible, but of course Nolan has to balance that with not making the trailer be a total cliffs notes version of the movie.

News Comments > Titan Falls: Blizzard Cancels Unannounced MMOG
42. Re: Titan Falls: Blizzard Cancels Unannounced MMOG Sep 23, 2014, 19:44 jomisab

Until the day comes that they can make an MMO that is not just another rehash of "Go fetch X of Y and return to Z" and that truly creates a dynamic, believable world, I have zero interest in the genre. Naturally, I'll probably be long dead by then. But there may be hope for my 8 year old son.  

News Comments > New GeForce GPUs & Drivers
27. Re: New GeForce GTX 980 & 970 GPUs & Drivers Sep 19, 2014, 14:05 jomisab

Verno wrote on Sep 19, 2014, 13:59:
I run at 1080p with at least 2xAA with a 570 but don't get 60fps in newer titles.
You're suggesting the 970 is an overkill upgrade?

Also, my MSI 570 OC runs pretty quiet until intense load. Might have to grab from MSI again

Well I mean its up to you of course but you can get 60fps from a lesser card in most titles, especially if you back off Ultra settings/detail maxes. There are of course outlier titles so its hard to account for everything. In general 1080p isn't very demanding and I'm sure there will be a 960 at some point too for 1080p configs. This kind of card is better for a 1440p+ type setup IMO.

Some people prefer to spend a bundle up front and not have to worry about it for 4 years though so to each his own. I'm grabbing a 970 to OC and drive a 1440p config but if it was just my old 24" 1080p Dell then I would just wait a bit and see what else pops up.

My biggest problem is a GTX 680 that only has 2GB VRAM. Honestly, 4GB will probably be an issue in a year or two as well. They should have released the cards with at least 6GB. I would be much better off if I had waited to purchase a 4GB 680, so perhaps my best course of action is to wait for a 6GB+ version of the 970 or 980.

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
6. Re: Hardware Reviews Sep 19, 2014, 12:28 jomisab

SirKnight wrote on Sep 19, 2014, 10:35:
I feel the same way about my GTX 680. Feels like I just got it and it was the best thing out at the time.

I'm waiting for the Maxwell based "Titan" level of card though, since I need good compute as well as graphics for some of my own projects.

I've had my GTX 680 for over 2 years now. Great investment, but unfortunately I have the 2GB version, so it puts up a fight when I want to pile on the texture detail (e.g. uber-modded Skyrim, Watch_Dogs).

So I'm seriously considering the GTX 980. $550 every two years isn't too bad.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online on Steam
24. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online on Steam Jul 17, 2014, 21:41 jomisab

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Jul 17, 2014, 19:44:
Not even if the subscription was 50% off would I touch this epic turd of a game.

Basically done with MMO's. Each new one is just a re-heated version of the same leftovers. No innovation. No imagination. Go to X and kill Y of Z....devolving into a never-ending arms race. Same formula. Nothing to show for it but all the wasted time that could have been spent on much more worthy pursuits. How many will look back on their lives and say: "You know, if only I spent more time playing MMOs..."?

News Comments > Project Eternity Backer Beta Next Month
8. Re: Project Eternity Backer Beta Next Month Jul 9, 2014, 22:42 jomisab

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jul 9, 2014, 20:35:
Avoiding this beta entirely. I expect the rest of you to fully test this game to the point of exhaustion/coma, however.

My thoughts exactly. Hell, I might even wait for a first patch. Splurged on the $250 backer level, and I want to maximize the experience.

News Comments > Watch Dogs DLC
3. Re: Watch Dogs DLC Jul 1, 2014, 20:39 jomisab

Guess I got kind of bored with WD already. Finally started playing Far Cry 3 recently (yes, for the first time), so now I'm hooked on that.

Hopefully they find ways to make the next WD game much more engaging and varied, but of course by then we'll all be playing GTA V.

News Comments > Watch Dog Patch Plans
4. Re: Watch Dog Patch Plans Jun 18, 2014, 21:40 jomisab

The Half Elf wrote on Jun 18, 2014, 19:46:
Still like to have the inclusion of buses, AI's that drive motorcycles, multi-npc's in cars, a jump button, all the really crappy invisible walls removed off stupid things like roofs that you can easily access but get stopped by invisible walls (also tons of them on the drive to pawnee), dedicated gameplay mode of team decryption, ability to not join people on 3rd world connections halfway across the solar system, a system to allow me to choose to actually look like the npc that the other players see me as instead of Aiden, ability to turn off invasions without loosing my online progress AND without having to have Uplay in offline mode.

Oh and a reason to actually buy the Season Pass that doesn't have a really simple head swap from camera's to cyborgs, or more stupid flower jumping digital trips.

How about including more than 2 boats as well. Oh, and helicopters too.

News Comments > Watch Dog Patch Plans
3. Re: Watch Dog Patch Plans Jun 18, 2014, 21:39 jomisab

"Fixed graphical glitches on Low & Medium settings."

Low and Medium textures in this game are pretty much graphical glitches unto themselves, lol. Even High quality textures are kind of every other games medium/low.

News Comments > Watch Dogs Patch Plans & Homebrew Visual Upgrade
27. Re: Watch Dogs Patch Plans & Homebrew Visual Upgrade Jun 16, 2014, 16:57 jomisab

HorrorScope wrote on Jun 16, 2014, 15:53:
NegaDeath wrote on Jun 16, 2014, 13:27:
Weirdly enough that graphics enhancement mod is also getting reports that it's fixing stuttering and improving performance for people. Makes you wonder wtf Ubi was doing.

Same shit happened with Skyrim, two community patches fixed long time issues they had with the engine.

OMG....the crashing...for TWO YEARS....and then a simple SKSE DLL....no more crashing. I guarantee there were programmers at Bethesda who knew full well what the problem was, and they may have even wanted to help, but Bethesda probably wouldn't let them. Literally no profit to be had in fixing it I suppose.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Steam Details
22. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Steam Details Jun 12, 2014, 13:16 jomisab

harlock wrote on Jun 12, 2014, 12:42:
Frags4Fun wrote on Jun 12, 2014, 11:32:
I've heard rumors that the next gen of video cards will have at least 6 GB of video memory as a standard. That's not exactly good news for those of us who have invested in SLI/Crossfire systems that may be obsolete in the near future.

this ties in to my conspiracy theory about why so many new games were delayed or held back until next year, right around when these cards will start shipping

on a side note, a 6gb gfx card sounds sweet as hell.. ive been waiting for the new stuff for a long while now, saving up and slumming it with my ancient 560ti

The 6GB version of the 780 is tempting, but I have 2 GB 680 now, and so I'll hold off for the 880.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V for PC This Fall
27. Re: Grand Theft Auto V for PC This Fall Jun 10, 2014, 10:48 jomisab

The first video I watched was the E3 announcement where only the PS4 was mentioned, and I thought "WTF, no PC?!"

This is going to be amazing. That video kicks so much ass I think it might make Chuck Norris jealous. Next-gen from frame #1.

Makes we wonder what Watch Dogs 2 will look like as GTA V will probably raise the graphical bar significantly over WD.

Finally, I can see this being responsible for a ton of new console sales, as well as new high-end GPU sales. The GTX 880 can't come soon enough!

News Comments > Watch Dogs Conspiracy! DLC Released
6. Re: Watch Dogs Conspiracy! DLC Released Jun 5, 2014, 14:07 jomisab

dj LiTh wrote on Jun 5, 2014, 13:57:
Hey, its almost like they had this ready to go from before launch, talk about conspiracy's

Would have been nice if they had better texture handling and PC optimization ready to go before launch. But...that doesn't really show up on the bottom line I guess.

News Comments > NVIDIA Enhancing Ubisoft PC Games
1. Re: NVIDIA Enhancing Ubisoft PC Games Jun 4, 2014, 13:21 jomisab

I sure hope the GTX 880 comes out soon. I'd like to hold out for that rather than upgrade to a GTX 780 6GB from my current 680 2GB.  

News Comments > Watch Dogs Claims Sales Record
7. Re: Watch Dogs Claims Sales Record Jun 3, 2014, 14:55 jomisab

<CONSPIRACY_THEORY>

In other news, nVidia is reporting a significant bump in recent sales of video cards with at least 3GB of VRAM. In fact, the newly released GTX 780 6GB variants are practically flying off the shelves.

</CONSPIRACY_THEORY>

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation May 29, 2014, 08:45 jomisab

"filmic look"...lol

Maybe Ubisoft should say they've made the "High" textures in Watch_Dogs look like ass to give the game more of a 90's vibe.

News Comments > Watch Dogs Sets One-Day Sales Record
4. Re: Watch Dogs Sets One-Day Sales Record May 28, 2014, 20:17 jomisab

Might have been better PR to announce how they are aggressively working to resolve launch issues.  

News Comments > The Sims 4 Trailer
1. Re: The Sims 4 Trailer May 28, 2014, 12:12 jomisab

I've never played a Sims game, but I have to admit that does look cool.  

News Comments > Watch Dogs Videos
12. Re: Watch Dogs Videos May 23, 2014, 11:34 jomisab

Was browsing Twitch last night and wandered into the GTA V channel. At the top of the list was somebody named "WatchDogz" or something to that effect. Anyway, I started watching, and it quickly became apparent they were streaming Watch Dogs. Probably watched for a half hour. Looks like fun.  

242 Comments. 13 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo