Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Somedude

Real Name Somedude   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname jomisab
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 21, 2002, 13:50
Total Comments 404 (Amateur)
User ID 13101

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ] Older >

News Comments > Hearthstone Adds New Standard Mode
10. Re: Hearthstone Adds New Standard Mode Feb 3, 2016, 09:49 jomisab

nin wrote on Feb 2, 2016, 20:44:
It's my understanding they're phasing out old adventures from being purchased? If so, I'm not a fan of that at all.

Adventures and Expansions that are not part of the Standard format will no longer be available for purchase from the Shop—this year, that includes Naxxramas and Goblins vs Gnomes.

Hmmm...maybe they'll introduce an auction house at some point.....nah, they would never do anything that silly...again.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Far Cry: Primal Specs
1. Re: Far Cry: Primal Specs Jan 8, 2016, 11:32 jomisab

And if you plan on enabling nVidia Hairworks for all those lovely beasties and get any kind of decent framerate, you better have Titan SLI or wait for Pascal. I guess they forgot to mention that.  

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Egypt Setting Rumored
13. Re: Assassin's Creed Egypt Setting Rumored Jan 4, 2016, 21:14 jomisab

At first I thought this might have something to do with the film coming out next December, but then I saw the other rumor that Watch Dogs 2 might appear this year, so who knows.

Oh, and it seems the Black Flag team is probably working on the next AC, which can only be a good thing.

This comment was edited on Jan 4, 2016, 21:55.

News Comments > Cyberpunk 2077 Next Year?
14. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Next Year? Dec 8, 2015, 13:20 jomisab

NegaDeath wrote on Dec 8, 2015, 11:55:
After how well Witcher 3 turned out I'd love it to be true, but I simply can't see them having enough resources to work on both at the same time and have 2077 that far along already,

True. If it were Ubisoft, they would make sure the game is released in November 2016, ready or not. And they'd have a separate team working on the next disappointing annual installment for fall 2017.

News Comments > New GeForce Drivers
1. Re: New GeForce Drivers Dec 1, 2015, 12:08 jomisab

And buried in the release notes is this little nugget:

Added or updated the following SLI profiles:
•Fallout 4 - SLI profile added

I wonder if this will require a game patch.

But no matter...SLI works just fine currently with the right bits set in nVidiaInspector.

News Comments > Just Cause 3 Specs
2. Re: Just Cause 3 Specs Nov 24, 2015, 10:24 jomisab

Hmmm...no mention of Windows 10.  

News Comments > Just Cause 3 Video Diary
4. Re: Just Cause 3 Video Diary Nov 24, 2015, 08:58 jomisab

Rhett wrote on Nov 23, 2015, 20:18:
Here's an hour long gameplay on PC (Giant Bomb and some developers/QA people).. it looks pretty fun!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0Ry_nbyCGk

Nice, thanks for the link. If that's what they consider a "quick look", I wonder how long a deep dive would be for them, lol.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Syndicate Released
7. Re: Assassin's Creed Syndicate Released Nov 19, 2015, 11:13 jomisab

Creston wrote on Nov 19, 2015, 11:04:
Kxmode wrote on Nov 19, 2015, 10:54:
- Graphical glitches on high end cards (go figure)
- Intro defaults to low quality 4k (if that's even a thing?) without ever prompting user to make changes
- Several instances of "ACS.exe has stopped working"
- Lower than expected framerate (~40)
- Opening intro cannot be skipped

A framerate of ~40 isn't a big deal breaker for me but I can totally see how it would be for a gamer with a beast of a rig.

Ubisoft Kiev's incompetence strikes true again. I wonder if anyone in that studio actually even HAS a PC.

Perhaps they only have Steam Machines.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Released
4. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Released Nov 17, 2015, 09:29 jomisab

Fantastic graphics. Too bad it's multiplayer...ugh. How about a reboot of Knights of the Old Republic using this engine?  

News Comments > Fallout 4 Shipped 12M on Day One
40. Re: Fallout 4 Shipped 12M on Day One Nov 13, 2015, 13:09 jomisab

HorrorScope wrote on Nov 13, 2015, 12:12:
BobBob wrote on Nov 13, 2015, 12:06:
Who is stupid enough to purchase any single player game when it first comes out? Always wait at least a year to buy it - after it is patched, polished, and, of course, when the price drops significantly.

Well... I'd say that is wise remarks if you need to be frugal with your money. There are people that will pay 32k for a ship ya know. If you like Bethesda games (12 million do) you know at $10 or $60 you are getting your moneys worth.

QFT. And if you're playing on PC and into mods, this game will be a 2-3 year proposition at least.

News Comments > GeForce Drivers for Fallout 4, Legacy of the Void, & Battlefront
8. Re: GeForce Drivers for Fallout 4, Legacy of the Void, & Battlefront Nov 10, 2015, 09:49 jomisab

HoSpanky wrote on Nov 9, 2015, 22:56:
So they're saying you can force SLI to the ...ugh, I forget. There's like 4 options, it's the last option, something like alternate render 2 or something. Sorry I can't be more exact.

Anyway, people are saying FO4 runs quite well with that. There was a thread earlier today where people were in a pissing match over whether or not SLI is a good thing. More power is always a good thing for a gaming rig, when did THAT stop being true? And when did you all become afraid of editing .ini files?

Instructions here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmkZ_JkJibU

News Comments > Fallout 4 GeForce Tweaking Guide
50. Re: Fallout 4 GeForce Tweaking Guide Nov 9, 2015, 16:59 jomisab

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Nov 9, 2015, 16:45:
You clearly haven't used SLI because it certainly isn't 'garbage'. In fact for the vast majority of titles it's excellent. It's only when you have shit developers like Bethesda that there is an issue. Skyrim supported SLI, so it's something they've actually managed to break. Before my GTX 970 SLI setup I had a HD 5970 dual-GPU card with Crossfire and that also worked great nine times out of ten and that was six years ago.

There is no excuse for a AAA game not support SLI at launch, especially not when earlier titles in the series supported it. Stop defending bullshit business practices. When I bought my 30" 2560x1600 display SLI was the only way I could power it, as no single card was fast enough. Bethesda should be working with nVidia and AMD to ensure SLI / Crossfire support for launch.

Exactly. Those who say SLI is garbage have zero clue what they are talking about. I have had my 970 SLI setup since the card was released, and it's been nothing but awesome. GTA V. Witcher 3. Dying Light. Shadow of Mordor. etc. etc. 100% worth the price of admission. Butter smooth, totally jag-free gameplay on a 27" screen at 60fps/1440p and everything maxed.

News Comments > Fallout 4 GeForce Tweaking Guide
4. Re: Fallout 4 GeForce Tweaking Guide Nov 9, 2015, 10:12 jomisab

No SLI support...wth?

Honestly, that right there will probably make me wait to play this until either: (a) SLI support is available, or (b) I can buy a next-gen nVidia card that's as fast as my current 970 SLI setup.

But waiting wouldn't be so bad. By next spring, most bugs will be worked out, and there should be a ton of good mods available.

News Comments > Morning Screenshots
9. Re: Morning Screenshots Nov 3, 2015, 11:13 jomisab

Ultra graphics? A lot of low-res textures in those shots.

*sigh* I guess there will be a "high res texture pack" released a month or two down the line.

News Comments > Leaked Fallout 4 Footage
15. Re: Leaked Fallout 4 Footage Nov 2, 2015, 12:23 jomisab

Task wrote on Nov 2, 2015, 12:08:
I can't click on it anyways. Currently busy 'working.' , but Blue's post says it triggered their antivirus thing, false positive maybe? Gotta admit though, that would be the perfect troll thing to do since millions are losing their minds trying to get any info possible for that game.

Yep, "working" here too....but it is my lunch hour, so I have an excuse.

Didn't see anything in these videos that would qualify as a spoiler, but YMMV.

Didn't see any virus/malware issues with that site, either.

Graphics wise, it looks fine. I just hope that on the PC we don't have to go through a lot of trouble getting things to look great on large vistas, e.g. having to wait on LOD mods etc. After games like GTA V, Witcher 3, and Dying Light have shown us amazing draw distances and the ability to scale everything dynamically/convincingly with great performance, you'd think Bethesda might be on the same train as well now.

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Review Flags Removed
10. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Review Flags Removed Oct 29, 2015, 12:56 jomisab

I have a feeling if they removed the old reviews entirely, the new aggregate would be worse than Mixed. Leaving the old reviews in is probably in WB's favor.  

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight PC Re-release
3. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight PC Re-release Oct 28, 2015, 15:45 jomisab

And re-released without proper SLI support....wtf?!  

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition Released
9. Re: Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition Released Oct 28, 2015, 10:21 jomisab

Darks wrote on Oct 28, 2015, 10:12:
I played a little over an hour last night. Played the new mage class and it was a lot of fun. the game feels so much different with all of the new voiced characters. it was defiantly a much more interesting game with all the voice overs.

I defiantly like all of the new changes.

Unfortunately, one thing that didn't change is the painfully slow movement, especially given the sizes of a lot of the areas. Once again, I'll have to wait for a speed mod before diving in. Time is valuable, after all.

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Rerelease Wednesday
19. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Rerelease Wednesday Oct 26, 2015, 08:18 jomisab

jdreyer wrote on Oct 25, 2015, 18:12:

Batman: Arkham Knight comes out of Early Access.

LOL, nice.

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Rerelease Wednesday
18. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Rerelease Wednesday Oct 26, 2015, 08:17 jomisab

Creston wrote on Oct 25, 2015, 16:17:
Now, get out there and Be The Batman!

When the game reaches 5 bucks, I will.

I think at some point you could have picked it up for $5 on G2A. Right now it's $20.

404 Comments. 21 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo