Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Somedude

Real Name Somedude   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname jomisab
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 21, 2002, 13:50
Total Comments 346 (Amateur)
User ID 13101

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Patched
8. Re: The Witcher 3 Patched May 21, 2015, 12:24 jomisab

"Improves performance especially in cutscenes and gameplay"

I just had a little chuckle over that. Where else would performance be improved? The menus?

P.S. Then I noticed there is actually a separate item for the menus.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > CDPR on Witcher 3 Graphics Downgrades
33. Re: CDPR on Witcher 3 Graphics Downgrades May 21, 2015, 11:03 jomisab

Joss wrote on May 21, 2015, 10:43:
From seeing a couple of HD video play-throughs, CDPR is just not impressive. Water shaders, grass & leaf cards look like shit.

GTA V (Rage Engine) has impressed me the most with all shaders & lighting.

Yes, it is true that the trees/vegetation and water leave a lot to be desired. Leaves are just simple bitmaps that intersect to give the illusion of depth. And why is the wind ALWAYS blowing? It's weird and makes the metronome motion of the vegetation particularly immersion-breaking.

News Comments > CDPR on Witcher 3 Graphics Downgrades
4. Re: CDPR on Witcher 3 Graphics Downgrades May 21, 2015, 09:17 jomisab

I can understand it being difficult striking a balance between generating anticipation, realizing a vision, and being realistic about hardware capabilities, and I appreciate the things CDPR said in that article. It wouldn't surprise me if they redo the game for DX12 and release it as a free upgrade.  

News Comments > More NVIDIA Gameworks Controversy
25. Re: More NVIDIA Gameworks Controversy May 19, 2015, 13:27 jomisab

HoSpanky wrote on May 19, 2015, 12:56:
My logic on using Nvidia isn't based on being a fanboy. Their cards, more often than not, are the best-supported in games. That's all the reason I NEED to stick with them. I use an Intel processor because AMD still can't touch an early I5's performance. Competition is good, it keeps prices from getting completely out of hand, but AMD currently isn't competing. As someone else said on here (I think it was Cutter?), AMD only reacts, they're not proactive whatsoever. They aren't NEARLY as focused on getting with devs early on in a project to make sure it's being built to take advantage of their hardware.

Exactly. When was the last time AMD had game-ready drivers on release day? Or even a month later for that matter?

For me, AMD's existence is only important to keep nVidia in line.

Looking forward to AMD releasing its R9 390X with HBM, and I hope it totally kicks nVidia's ass in benchmarks so that my next nVidia card will be that much better for it.

News Comments > DOOM Reveal at E3
7. Re: DOOM Reveal at E3 May 18, 2015, 14:19 jomisab

Ward wrote on May 18, 2015, 13:57:
oh NOOOOOOOOOO

this i hope is not the BIG reveal??????????

its not Fallout 4 or the next TES??

another Doom reboot?? are you fing kidding me???

I doubt very much Bethesda would plan their first-ever E3 conference just to announce a new Doom game. I'm sure that will be far from the highlight of the event.

News Comments > NVIDIA Drivers for The Witcher 3
3. Re: NVIDIA Drivers for The Witcher 3 May 18, 2015, 09:33 jomisab

Do these also restore the visual fidelity implied by the screenshots still on the Steam store page? Or the greater fidelity clearly evident in earlier gameplay trailers? lol...sorry, couldn't resist. I'm sure it's going to look amazing regardless.  

News Comments > Oculus Rift Specs
2. Re: Oculus Rift Specs May 15, 2015, 19:23 jomisab

None of this should come as a surprise. If you want to display good-looking, non-puke-inducing images on screens that are right up to your eyes, that has to be done at high resolutions and at high framerates.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue May 13, 2015, 09:22 jomisab

Wow is right....but at least there's really no quicker way to go. Much preferable I'm sure to spending any time in their labor camps. We need North Korea to do something that really pisses off China and alienates them.  

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Syndicate Announced
22. Re: Assassin's Creed Syndicate Announced May 13, 2015, 08:41 jomisab

Nothing in this is really new. Oooh, a grappling hook! So innovative...thanks, but I've already played Just Cause 2 and Dying Light.

Please, in the name of all that is holy, stop pre-ordering!

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Preloads Confirmed; Release Schedule
11. Re: The Witcher 3 Preloads Confirmed; Release Schedule May 12, 2015, 10:18 jomisab

Whoa....perfect 10:

http://www.gamespot.com/reviews/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-review/1900-6416135/

This comment was edited on May 12, 2015, 10:23.

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Passes 1M Preorders; Preloads Underway?
38. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Passes 1M Preorders; Preloads Underway? May 12, 2015, 09:14 jomisab

Verno wrote on May 12, 2015, 08:26:
Redmask wrote on May 12, 2015, 07:07:
I like the CD Projekt guys, they have great ideals for gaming in general...but they release buggy as fuck games. Witcher 1 and 2 took months to fix. I will wait and see on this.

Totally editing this out because I thought there was a review embargo, but now Gamespot just came out and gave it a perfect 10.

Going to be interesting.

This comment was edited on May 12, 2015, 10:21.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Reveal Next Week
7. Re: Assassin's Creed Reveal Next Week May 7, 2015, 19:42 jomisab

I'd be happier if they revealed a patch for Unity that fixed the performance issues.  

News Comments > Oculus Rift in Q1 2016
7. Re: Oculus Rift in Q1 2016 May 6, 2015, 09:44 jomisab

We'll see how things shake out with the Valve/HTC solution as well. Going to be very interesting.

One thing I'm actually looking forward to with this technology is an evolution of the ASMR experience, and some popular ASMR creators on YouTube are already starting to experiment with VR.

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood
1. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood May 5, 2015, 09:11 jomisab

Last hurrah of the inadequate, underperforming Rage engine? One would hope Doom 4 (or whatever it winds up being called) will at least support SLI.  

News Comments > Watch Dogs 2 Clue?
25. Re: Watch Dogs 2 Clue? Apr 30, 2015, 14:01 jomisab

bhcompy wrote on Apr 30, 2015, 13:27:
EricFate wrote on Apr 30, 2015, 13:23:
Who would be the target audience for this? I appreciate that they want to keep the IP alive, but the game was absolute garbage on every level. No amount of hype could possibly get them the kind of return necessary to cover the development cost of a sequel.

Eh, they don't need to rework an engine, which is a huge part of the work. The game was good, it was a moderate success, and it has room to improve. I don't see the problem. Consider Assassins Creed received the same type of reception and where it's gone since then.

And yet look at AC:Unity, which still runs like garbage compared to something like GTA V. The best engine Ubi has is Dunia. We'll see how the Snowdrop engine turns out...hopefully it won't turn into Teardrop.

News Comments > Wolfenstein: The Old Blood Preloads; Specs
2. Re: Wolfenstein: The Old Blood Preloads; Specs Apr 30, 2015, 09:15 jomisab

I bet a lot of people will skip this if it doesn't support SLI, as would be expected since it's still using IdTech5.  

News Comments > Watch Dogs 2 Clue?
1. Re: Watch Dogs 2 Clue? Apr 30, 2015, 09:12 jomisab

And how are they going to make people want to play WD2 after everyone has experienced GTAV?

Personally, I will never again buy a Ubi game until I know:
1. SLI is working flawlessly, as it always should. No excuse for any game to be released these days without proper SLI support
2. The performance is where it should be. For example, Unity still runs like shit, even on 970 SLI. GTAV, on the other hand, runs wonderfully, with massive draw distances. No excuse Ubi, no excuse.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
4. Re: Morning Interviews Apr 28, 2015, 12:53 jomisab

So all transitions between indoors/outdoors as well? Didn't see that specified.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $80M; Accepting Subscription Contributions
1. Re: Star Citizen Passes $80M; Accepting Subscription Contributions Apr 27, 2015, 19:04 jomisab

Wow, now we can regularly contribute to something else that will be ready for us by retirement, just like with our 401Ks!  

News Comments > Steam Launches Paid Mod Support
100. Re: Steam Launches Paid Mod Support Apr 23, 2015, 23:37 jomisab

jacobvandy wrote on Apr 23, 2015, 23:26:
jomisab wrote on Apr 23, 2015, 23:06:
jacobvandy wrote on Apr 23, 2015, 22:40:
jomisab wrote on Apr 23, 2015, 22:21:
First off, Steam taking 75% is just insane, insulting, indefensible, and I'm sure a lot of other in- words.

It's a good thing they're not taking 75% then, huh?

Perhaps I should have worded it differently? How about "the content creator only getting 25% is just insane..."

You knew what I meant...

Well, no, that's a different statement entirely. We don't know how much Valve is getting, just that Bethesda chose to give the modder the standard rate (established previous to this whole thing) of 25%.

I'm pretty sure everyone else knew what was meant. And perhaps you'd like to do a quick Google on "steam mods 75%"...every gaming news org terms it that way (i.e. "Steam is taking"), because from the perspective of the mod makers (which is all that really matters), it's 75% they're not getting.

346 Comments. 18 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo