Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Somedude

Real Name Somedude   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname jomisab
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 21, 2002, 13:50
Total Comments 210 (Novice)
User ID 13101

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ] Older >

News Comments > GeForce Beta Drivers
10. Re: GeForce Beta Drivers Apr 7, 2014, 14:36 jomisab

Tim Collins wrote on Apr 7, 2014, 14:20:
"Up to 25% in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim"

This cannot be taken lightly.

"DirectX optimizations" could either mean they just found these out or they'v been sitn on this egg like a golden goose, chances are the goose theory wins because this behavior is typical of Nvidia optimizations when competition stiffens.

Would love to know the specific situations. Didn't expect to see Skyrim show up again in these lists, especially with such a vast increase.

But really, my biggest problem with Skyrim is running up against the 2GB limit on my GTX 680. I recently had to remove the default Skyrim HD textures in favor of the lower resolution variety. And even though the game still chews through that 2GB memory immediately, I guess it can swap a lot more textures in and out in the same amount of time, and I got a big boost in average fps outdoors.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Roberts: We Won't Sell Star Citizen
5. Re: Roberts: We Won't Sell Star Citizen Apr 1, 2014, 09:55 jomisab

Everyone has their price.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Re: Game Reviews Mar 29, 2014, 16:42 jomisab

Had to do a double-take at Undying being reviewed, lol.

Like so many other games of the past, it didn't get the recognition and sell-through that it really deserved, IMO.

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
2. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Mar 29, 2014, 16:37 jomisab

Here's hoping Aereo emerges victorious and Apple doesn't.

Love Aereo...great convenience...they're doing nothing wrong.

And as for Apple...eBook pricing in general frequently borders on the criminal, e.g. with Kindle prices being only slightly lower than the physical books in many instances, particularly with technical volumes.

News Comments > Michael Abrash Joins Oculus
46. Re: Michael Abrash Joins Oculus Mar 28, 2014, 19:57 jomisab

A lot of people seem to think the buyout of Oculus somehow spells doom and gloom for the technology. If anything, I think it's a validation that the age of VR is upon us. And I, for one, believe that PC gamers will ultimately be better off with the full faith and moolah of Facebook behind Oculus.

So I think Abrash's comments are spot on.

On a related note, I bet Abrash wishes he had climbed on sooner and perhaps acquired an equity stake.

P.S. Chief Scientist? I wonder what he'll contribute that Carmack doesn't. I think they're just inventing titles now...maybe next they'll hire a Grand Poobah.

News Comments > Watch Dogs Trailer
22. Re: Watch Dogs Trailer Mar 28, 2014, 08:56 jomisab

SpectralMeat wrote on Mar 28, 2014, 08:40:
Verno wrote on Mar 28, 2014, 08:35:
they should probably have an asterisk somewhere in the video that leads to *running on SLI GeForce 780s.
If it is than color me completely uninterested.
The very first gameplay trailer looks way better than anything they've showed after.

Perhaps they are just trying to better manage expectations across platforms and ultimately it will look even better than this on a high end PC?

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
1. Re: Evening Safety Dance Mar 27, 2014, 20:56 jomisab

Microsoft has been generous enough in the length of time they've supported XP. They can't and shouldn't be held responsible for the vast hordes of people too cheap/uninformed/lazy to upgrade to something with ongoing security patch support. All IMHO, of course.  

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Next Week: Early Access Details
2. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Next Week: Early Access Details Mar 26, 2014, 09:27 jomisab

nin wrote on Mar 26, 2014, 09:23:
Did we get a "F2P in..." consensus on this one yet?

I give it a year, at which point we'll also be told about the single-player project(s) most of us really care about.

News Comments > Facebook Acquires Oculus, Oculus Rift Minecraft Cancelled
19. Re: Facebook Acquires Oculus, Oculus Rift Minecraft Cancelled Mar 25, 2014, 20:58 jomisab

I wonder if Carmack negotiated an ownership percentage.  

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Rumor Extravaganza
18. Re: Far Cry 4 Rumor Extravaganza Mar 22, 2014, 10:31 jomisab

I'd probably be more excited about Just Cause 3 rumors.  

News Comments > Unreal 4 Engine Released; $19/Month Licensing
12. Re: Unreal 4 Engine Released; $19/Month Licensing Mar 19, 2014, 20:48 jomisab

Very nice/smart move on their part. Heck, I may plunk down the first $19 just to get the source and poke around.  

News Comments > Paradox Interactive to Distribute Pillars of Eternity
10. Re: Paradox Interactive to Distribute Pillars of Eternity Mar 19, 2014, 16:45 jomisab

Just as long as we aren't forced to buy Spell Effects Packs, Outfit Packs, Horse Packs, Banner Packs, Sound Effect Packs, Portrait Packs....

Love Paradox though...CK2 and EU4 are great games.

News Comments > NVIDIA Ending Support for DX10-Generation Cards in 2016
1. Re: NVIDIA Ending Support for DX10-Generation Cards in 2016 Mar 14, 2014, 09:44 jomisab

DX10...the API that time forgot.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Mar 13, 2014, 21:46 jomisab

Looking forward to some cloud storage price wars. Love Dropbox, but it's pretty expensive for only 100GB. Storage is nothing these days. Being able to charge $0.10/GB/month won't last long.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
11. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 13, 2014, 10:41 jomisab

nin wrote on Mar 13, 2014, 09:08:
Canceled mine, but I have it until July. We'll see if it elicits the same sort of response the last netflix price hike got.

As someone elsewhere posted, I'd rather just drop amazon streaming video from the package, to offset the price. Also, if they're going to charge for two day shipping, they need to stop using UPS smartpost, as those dumbfucks can't deliver shit.

I seriously doubt there will be any major backlash. The price has not increased in the 9 years since it launched. I think it's pretty unrealistic to assume it would never go up. And over 9 years, the $20 increase amounts to ~2.5% per year, which is in-line with the inflation you see on every other cost in your life.

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer
17. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Mar 6, 2014, 21:30 jomisab

Will definitely wait on reviews, but being that I'm an incorrigible graphics whore and this looks way better than my Skyrim installation with 150 mods, I'm guessing I'll wind up getting it even if metacritic is less than stellar.  

News Comments > Gone Gold - Titanfall
6. Re: Gone Gold - Titanfall Feb 27, 2014, 10:22 jomisab

Almost wish I gave a rat's posterior about games with no single-player component.

At the same time, I do understand that it's not always a good use of a studio's time to develop AAA single-player experiences that gamers run through in a matter of minutes.

News Comments > THIEF Reviews
2. Re: THIEF Reviews Feb 24, 2014, 12:05 jomisab

Had high hopes, but dumb, dumb, dumb...this is the very last time I ever pre-order a game. Going forward, if a publisher/developer wants to put together a crap title, fine, but the most they will ever get from me is a couple dollars on a Steam sale if the curiosity is really killing me.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $39M; Procedural Generation Goal Announced
10. Re: Star Citizen Hits $39M; Procedural Generation Goal Announced Feb 21, 2014, 20:52 jomisab

I'm waiting for Procedurally Generated Stretch Goals.  

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Crafting Video
3. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Crafting Video Feb 20, 2014, 09:47 jomisab

avianflu wrote on Feb 20, 2014, 08:49:
Glad I watched this vid. The combat is standard MMO stuff with everything on a timers. Total pass for me.

Exactly. It would seem MMO's will never change for the better until there is so much processing power and memory available that it's possible to build truly dynamic, malleable, persistent worlds. So maybe we're talking Star Trek holodeck level computing power.

210 Comments. 11 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo