Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Somedude

Real Name Somedude   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname jomisab
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 21, 2002, 13:50
Total Comments 317 (Amateur)
User ID 13101

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Released
3. Re: Pillars of Eternity Released Mar 26, 2015, 13:21 jomisab

Verno wrote on Mar 26, 2015, 13:18:
Reviews have been stellar, can't wait to dig into it. Gonna be impossible playing this and Bloodborne at the same time but I'll manage!

Happy problems!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Released
1. Re: Pillars of Eternity Released Mar 26, 2015, 13:14 jomisab

Dropped $250 on the Kickstarter for this. Here's hoping...

P.S. I did not play the Beta. Didn't want to spoil anything.

News Comments > Morning Screenshots
11. Re: Morning Screenshots Mar 25, 2015, 13:50 jomisab

Leper wrote on Mar 25, 2015, 12:46:
If only it were playable at that (or any) resolution.

I'm actually pretty optimistic about performance, despite the catastrophe that was GTA4.

That said, if anyone's thinking they will be able to max out everything at high resolution and/or uber-AA on anything less than a killer rig (i.e. 970+SLI), they're probably just kidding themselves.

News Comments > Morning Screenshots
1. Re: Morning Screenshots Mar 25, 2015, 08:53 jomisab

<Flamebait>
OMG LULZ...PC MASTER RACE!!!
</Flamebait>

How was that?

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Jaws of Hakkon DLC Released
3. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Jaws of Hakkon DLC Released Mar 24, 2015, 13:59 jomisab

Let's not forget collecting herbs and rock samples as well.

They should have had a mechanism for sending minions to do such menial work for the Inquisitor.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
5. Re: Evening Tech Bits Mar 19, 2015, 09:01 jomisab

But they'll still cripple it, and everyone will be so impressed that it's a whopping 50% faster than a GTX980. If they were to release a new video card that came anywhere near a 10x increase over Maxwell, it would cost $10,000.  

News Comments > Star Citizen is Huge
38. Re: Star Citizen is Huge Mar 12, 2015, 12:20 jomisab

Good thing SSD prices keep falling. Upgraded my dedicated game drive recently to a 512GB MX100 for $190. Will probably see 1TB drives in that price range within a year or two, and by then 100GB games will likely be common. Shadow of Mordor is currently sucking up 55GB by itself.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
14. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 11, 2015, 19:40 jomisab

100 down / 35 up here with Cablevision for $60/month, and that's very consistent.

I just pray to all-that-is-holy they never get bought out.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
8. Re: Play Dragon Age: Inquisition free for six hours on Xbox One this week. Mar 11, 2015, 15:42 jomisab

Burrito of Peace wrote on Mar 11, 2015, 11:17:
And never make it out of the Hinterlands!

More like never make it out of the character creator.

News Comments > Unreal Engine 4 Cinematic
3. Re: Unreal Engine 4 Cinematic Mar 6, 2015, 14:09 jomisab

ForgedReality wrote on Mar 6, 2015, 13:45:
I love how they don't show the water not reacting at all when he steps/falls into it. I also like how someone at Epic clearly doesn't understand how kites work. At all. XD

That may have required a hex-SLI setup instead of just quad.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 5, 2015, 11:58 jomisab

Why would I want to pay $15/month for HBO streaming when I can pay Cablevision an extra $10/month, record stuff with my whole-house DVR, and get HBO GO capability as well? So basically, this is really only for the true cord-cutters.  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
3. Re: Evening Mobilization Mar 4, 2015, 21:03 jomisab

Didn't they learn anything from Tropic Thunder...you never go full consumer.  

News Comments > TITAN X GPU Unveiled
13. Re: TITAN X GPU Unveiled Mar 4, 2015, 20:57 jomisab

So what we're saying here is that a true mass-market, worthwhile VR experience that won't cost a vital organ is still several years away.  

News Comments > Dying Light DLC & Hard Mode Next Week
6. Re: Dying Light DLC & Hard Mode Next Week Mar 4, 2015, 16:14 jomisab

I wonder what they mean by "visual fidelity". This game looks incredible. What they have done with the environments and (especially) the lighting is amazing. I hope Fallout 4 looks this good.  

News Comments > Dying Light DLC & Hard Mode Next Week
2. Re: Dying Light DLC & Hard Mode Next Week Mar 4, 2015, 13:06 jomisab

Tim1_2 wrote on Mar 4, 2015, 12:22:
I pretty much never replay a game, but with Dying Light I might be tempted to do it all over again in Hard Mode. This is a really, really awesome game.

It is very awesome, although personally I don't ever have a burning need to ratchet up the difficulty level in any game. I like to progress through and experience content at a decent pace, never getting hung up on any part of it.

So really, it would have been nice for their DLC to have at least one new area to explore.

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Gameplay Footage
4. Re: The Witcher 3 Gameplay Footage Mar 4, 2015, 11:49 jomisab

Disappearing foliage, non-interactive foliage (at least it could have some basic interactivity like Far Cry 4), and that immersion-breaking, completely unnatural, metronome-like swaying of trees, plants, bushes, etc. Yeah, I'm picky like that.  

News Comments > Fallout 4 Announcement at E3?
11. Re: Fallout 4 Announcement at E3? Mar 2, 2015, 10:58 jomisab

Kris Redbeard wrote on Mar 2, 2015, 10:46:
As long as it is more like Fallout New Vegas, less like Fallout 3, I'd be happy enough.
Happier still if they stopped using highly-modified GameByro and shifted to <insert modern engine here>.

One thing to consider here is the modding capability everyone will naturally expect FO4 to have. What other engine offers that kind of granularity and flexibility for the community? We must have a thriving nexusmods subsite for Fallout 4!!!

News Comments > Fallout 4 Announcement at E3?
6. Re: Fallout 4 Announcement at E3? Mar 2, 2015, 10:32 jomisab

John wrote on Mar 2, 2015, 10:17:
Hope so! They should use the new Unreal Engine.

I'll be happy if it winds up looking as good as Dying Light.

News Comments > HTC's SteamVR Headset Revealed
15. Re: HTC's SteamVR Headset Revealed Mar 1, 2015, 17:46 jomisab

Looking forward to buying some kind of VR headset, whether it be from MS, Valve, Oculus, or another company altogether. For this kind of thing, I don't feel a burning need to be on the bleeding edge, be subjected to nausea-inducing gameplay, have less than stellar resolution, etc. I want my first experience with VR to be totally awesome, and I think one of these guys is going to pull that off in the near future.  

News Comments > GTA5 PC Delay
50. Re: GTA5 PC Delay Feb 24, 2015, 17:01 jomisab

wasteoid wrote on Feb 24, 2015, 16:58:
Cutter wrote on Feb 24, 2015, 14:11:
Mother...fucker.

Now I'm worried because this game sounds like an unfolding disaster. Ya really think 3 more weeks is going to make that much of a difference? Really? For realz yo? Cereal? Totes? Every logical fiber in my being tells me to cancel the pre-order, yet the GTA lover in me is all like 'Dudebro, been a long time since some GTA goodness, brah. It's all good in the hood, scro!' Arrrgh! Fuck a duck!

Agreed, less than a month of extra time doesn't seem like enough to make a difference.

How are breakfast food and luggage related to this? Also, women's undergarments, male genitalia, and bestiality.

"Free association is a technique used in psychoanalytic therapy to help patients learn more about what they are thinking and feeling. It is most commonly associated with Sigmund Freud, who was the founder of psychoanalytic therapy."

317 Comments. 16 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo