Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Nashville, TN 02/27

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Somedude

Real Name Somedude   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname jomisab
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 21, 2002, 13:50
Total Comments 301 (Amateur)
User ID 13101

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

News Comments > Fallout 4 Announcement at E3?
11. Re: Fallout 4 Announcement at E3? Mar 2, 2015, 10:58 jomisab

Kris Redbeard wrote on Mar 2, 2015, 10:46:
As long as it is more like Fallout New Vegas, less like Fallout 3, I'd be happy enough.
Happier still if they stopped using highly-modified GameByro and shifted to <insert modern engine here>.

One thing to consider here is the modding capability everyone will naturally expect FO4 to have. What other engine offers that kind of granularity and flexibility for the community? We must have a thriving nexusmods subsite for Fallout 4!!!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Fallout 4 Announcement at E3?
6. Re: Fallout 4 Announcement at E3? Mar 2, 2015, 10:32 jomisab

John wrote on Mar 2, 2015, 10:17:
Hope so! They should use the new Unreal Engine.

I'll be happy if it winds up looking as good as Dying Light.

News Comments > HTC's SteamVR Headset Revealed
15. Re: HTC's SteamVR Headset Revealed Mar 1, 2015, 17:46 jomisab

Looking forward to buying some kind of VR headset, whether it be from MS, Valve, Oculus, or another company altogether. For this kind of thing, I don't feel a burning need to be on the bleeding edge, be subjected to nausea-inducing gameplay, have less than stellar resolution, etc. I want my first experience with VR to be totally awesome, and I think one of these guys is going to pull that off in the near future.  

News Comments > GTA5 PC Delay
50. Re: GTA5 PC Delay Feb 24, 2015, 17:01 jomisab

wasteoid wrote on Feb 24, 2015, 16:58:
Cutter wrote on Feb 24, 2015, 14:11:
Mother...fucker.

Now I'm worried because this game sounds like an unfolding disaster. Ya really think 3 more weeks is going to make that much of a difference? Really? For realz yo? Cereal? Totes? Every logical fiber in my being tells me to cancel the pre-order, yet the GTA lover in me is all like 'Dudebro, been a long time since some GTA goodness, brah. It's all good in the hood, scro!' Arrrgh! Fuck a duck!

Agreed, less than a month of extra time doesn't seem like enough to make a difference.

How are breakfast food and luggage related to this? Also, women's undergarments, male genitalia, and bestiality.

"Free association is a technique used in psychoanalytic therapy to help patients learn more about what they are thinking and feeling. It is most commonly associated with Sigmund Freud, who was the founder of psychoanalytic therapy."

47. Re: GTA5 PC Delay Feb 24, 2015, 16:23 jomisab

Axis wrote on Feb 24, 2015, 15:28:
Doesn't matter to me when it's released, I'll check the reviews/forums/comments to see if it's a shit port and if it is I won't buy it.

However, I'm hoping it'll be done "PC Right" first thing out of the gate as I'd quite like to enjoy the game.

Besides... I was wondering how to juggle that with Pillars of Eternity.. and now I can!

You'll probably be juggling it with Witcher 3 as well, lol.

22. Re: GTA5 PC Delay Feb 24, 2015, 13:27 jomisab

Bludd wrote on Feb 24, 2015, 13:08:
son of a ....

Maybe I'll pick up GTA from G2A a few weeks after whenever it launches and the first patch or two is in the bag.

News Comments > NVIDIA GTX 970 Lawsuit
56. Re: NVIDIA GTX 970 Lawsuit Feb 23, 2015, 20:00 jomisab

Redmask wrote on Feb 23, 2015, 19:12:
No one is buying 2 970s to do playable 4k unless they're uninformed. Anyone sensible who wants to game at 4k is just plain waiting, the hardware for playable specs with detail toggles just isn't there unless you make some sacrifices somewhere or play really old shit.

AMDs rebadged shit on a new process doesn't exactly get my juices flowing either, especially with hot and loud their shit tends to run. I wouldn't buy reference anyway but I'm sure Nvidia will answer. HBM looks promising but I'll wait for the details.

There are some promising 1440p monitors coming with 120hz, IPS panels and freesync very soon so that's going to be where the market goes for the time being. 4k mainstream is still a ways off thanks to the shitty console market anyway.

I have (2) GTX 970's, and my main monitor is 1680x1050. I use DSR with most things, but even with this setup, I'm hesitant to primarily game on a 2560x1440 monitor (which is the res of my 2nd monitor). I've kept my ancient 226BW just to make sure I can max pretty much everything at some multiple of 1680x1050.

33. Re: NVIDIA GTX 970 Lawsuit Feb 23, 2015, 13:28 jomisab

I wonder if verifying full accessibility and performance of all onboard memory will become a thing in product reviews going forward.  

31. Re: NVIDIA GTX 970 Lawsuit Feb 23, 2015, 13:05 jomisab

jdreyer wrote on Feb 23, 2015, 12:55:
Once NVidia loses the lawsuit:

"All plantiffs in the class action lawsuit are entitled to receive the following:
- A type-written form letter from NVidia apologizing for the marketing error.
- A $5 coupon good toward the purchase of any NVidia card."

And one free Ubisoft title of their choice.

3. Re: NVIDIA GTX 970 Lawsuit Feb 23, 2015, 09:53 jomisab

And here I bought two of them. Have not yet run into issues that are not general issues experienced by everyone with certain games or configurations (i.e. SLI). But I am sure at some point I will, when games start using/requiring close to 4GB.

Miscommunications between engineering and marketing are not valid excuses for products not meeting the technical specifications everyone legitimately expects.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
15. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 19, 2015, 12:41 jomisab

Fantaz wrote on Feb 19, 2015, 12:23:
nin wrote on Feb 19, 2015, 10:03:
SpectralMeat wrote on Feb 19, 2015, 10:00:
"40 percent more PlayStation 4s in use than Xbox Ones by 2019"
That will largely depend on available games for the system. Exclusives sell consoles not hardware specs!

Man, The Order is getting beaten the hell and back. Sad. It looked to have a lot of potential, but just didn't deliver.

Maybe I'll grab it at $30...

Alien Isolation and Dying Light got rated poorly but both are very good games imo. i don't even pay attention to reviews anymore lately.

Those games got 81 and 79, respectively, which is not poor. As far as game reviews go, I would not consider the difference between a 65 and an 80 to be strictly linear. 65 is pretty bad, and I think the user reviews will likely follow suit. It takes a really bad game for Gamespot to give it a 50, or at least one that is far from worthy of the asking price.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 17, 2015, 13:51 jomisab

Cutter wrote on Feb 17, 2015, 10:19:
So it really is like 4-5 hours.

Being a PC-only gamer, this is the kind of title I wait for at least half-off, either through a Steam sale or from G2A.

News Comments > Mass Effect 4 Multiplayer Revealed
12. Re: Mass Effect 4 Multiplayer Revealed Feb 13, 2015, 11:14 jomisab

SlimRam wrote on Feb 13, 2015, 10:34:
Because Mass Effect was always about multiplayer...

I guess it's just a must-have ingredient in games these days. If someone came out with a new take on Solitaire, it would probably have a multiplayer component.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Physical Rewards Vote
1. Re: Pillars of Eternity Physical Rewards Vote Feb 12, 2015, 09:17 jomisab

The last time I installed a game from a physical disc was probably around the time of Morrowind, so could honestly care less if they ship the rest of my stuff without it.  

News Comments > Medieval Engineers Early Early Access
1. Re: Medieval Engineers Early Early Access Feb 11, 2015, 13:37 jomisab

Pretty soon developers will be selling early access to a private stream where you can watch them start to program a game.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
3. Re: Eurogamer Feb 10, 2015, 11:09 jomisab

Now if we could only get everyone to stop pre-ordering games and wait to see if a finished product is actually worth the money. I think that dropping review scores is fine, but at the same time it's somewhat of a boon to publishers who should (in an ideal world) always be fearful of releasing a title in a half-assed fashion.  

News Comments > Techland Reconfirms Dying Light Mod Support
8. Re: Techland Reconfirms Dying Light Mod Support Feb 2, 2015, 13:14 jomisab

Darks wrote on Feb 2, 2015, 12:39:
HorrorScope wrote on Feb 2, 2015, 12:31:
eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 2, 2015, 12:08:
More than the silly noise is there any way to actually disable the on-screen BLUR effects (blood, water) and the horrible looking lense distortion? It's like the char had a camera lense rammed into his skull.

There is a mod that handles a bunch of gfx tweaks, the one your asking for is on the list.

This mod does everything you need to configure your graphics.

http://www.nexusmods.com/dyinglight/mods/18/?

Interesting bit they added to the GeForce tweak guide about the changes in the 1.2.1 patch.

Dying Light Graphics & Performance Guide

"Investigating these changes, we have discovered a significant reduction to the maximum View Distance range, decreasing the amount of detail rendered, thereby improving performance. The catalyst for this change appears to be a vocal minority who expect max settings in PC games to run flawlessly on every system, and decry games that fail to meet this standard as "unoptimized". By reducing the view distance, performance has been 'fixed' and the vocal minority placated, as can be seen in many a Dying Light forum thread."

Fortunately, they also document a workaround to restore the old level of detail.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
2. Re: Evening Mobilization Jan 28, 2015, 23:23 jomisab

[VG]Reagle wrote on Jan 28, 2015, 20:40:
2010: 7.46 million (two quarters)
2011: 32.39 million
2012: 58.31 million
2013: 71.04 million
2014: 67.99 million
2015: 21.42 million (one quarter)

So IPad sales will be 85 MM?

Probably not. This past quarter is always their biggest by far because of the holidays. Current projections are for less than 10m iPad sales in the March quarter.

News Comments > Dying Light Dawns
7. Re: Dying Light Dawns Jan 27, 2015, 14:30 jomisab

Fion wrote on Jan 27, 2015, 13:39:
Yea I don't trust the whole 'nobody got review copies until the day of release' what so ever.

I won't be buying the game until I see a review from TB or Angry Joe.

Precisely my modus operandi going forward, especially after Ubi's "three strikes and you're out" 2014 with Watch Dogs, Far Cry 4, and (especially) AC Unity not having (and STILL not having) proper SLI support. As Hardocp noted in their recent performance review of Far Cry 4, for any developer to not have 100% working SLI support out of the gate these days is simply inexcusable. They also said that gamers just have to stop all the pre-ordering. We only have ourselves to blame for games being released half-assed.

News Comments > Roberts: Star Citizen Will "Probably" Pass $100M; Release Schedule Expanded
2. Re: Roberts: Star Citizen Will Jan 22, 2015, 09:15 jomisab

It's not about the money? Uh....right.

Couldn't help notice the amount of money they raised so far is what Notch paid for his house.

301 Comments. 16 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo