Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Xil

Real Name Xil   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Xil
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Apr 29, 2002, 19:42
Total Comments 450 (Amateur)
User ID 12935

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ] Older >

News Comments > Psychonauts 2 Funded
7. Re: Psychonauts 2 Funded Jan 7, 2016, 08:42 Xil

Cpmartins wrote on Jan 7, 2016, 03:49:
Gaming journalism, by non-gaming journalists
Enough fucking said I say.

Saw that a while ago, its does not really change the fact the game is funded and if that funding is enough or not.

However it does make you think twice (or even more often I hope) about Fig and what it sort of promesses

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition for Linux & OS X
16. Re: Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition for Linux & OS X Dec 25, 2015, 04:38 Xil

WaltC wrote on Dec 24, 2015, 15:47:
I can't understand why anyone with more than a purely casual, take-it-or-leave it attitude about games would voluntarily confine himself to OS X or a Linux distro.

I kicked Windows out of the house about 6 years ago and been running opensuse on all systems at home.

As a gamer I have to agree it was difficult but often I get pretty far using Wine and I come to live with the fact that big AAA games simply won't come out and thus I get them on the PS4 if I really want them.

I got to admit I also no longer have the erge -like when I was younger- to get every game when it comes out so I had no big issue waiting for DoS. I got 304 Linux games under Steam out of the 442 in total I have on Steam. They all run and I do wonder if those 140 windows only once still work under windows 10 as they where all bought in the WinXP era. So personally I don't see any need to go back to windows.

Not sure why you mention second-rate ports, DoS what this thread is about is far from that and I am pretty sure I got the same experience you got, albeit a bit later. But in general there are bad ports, but you learn to avoid them quite easly

As for the GPU drivers, the Nvidia drivers are pretty damn good under linux as they share a big code base with the windows drivers, with Vulkan around the corner it will only get better.

For none game-ing people its a lot easier, if I look at my mother (78) she is running it on her laptop and browses/email/libre office away like she does not know any better, she loved KDE5, prints via Wifi to her HP5520 and I see no issue there to ever install windows there either.

So to each it's own I guess, like you can't understand why people would game under linux I can't understand why people are windows fanboys, but hey such is life.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 23, 2015, 11:37 Xil

The Juniper VPN backdoor- Buggy code with a dose of shady NSA crypto.

best case against government backdoors ever

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Dec 11, 2015, 11:36 Xil

ldonyo wrote on Dec 11, 2015, 09:46:
James Comey is an idiot. It doesn't matter what you call them or what they look like, back doors are back doors. If they are present, the FBI won't be the only ones that use them. Hell, they won't be the first ones to use them and the black hats that do will probably be able to keep the FBI out for good. This whole idea is just plain bad.

Governments and Terrorist both use fear to push their agenda thru.
Each time something bad happens and the general population is in shock there are people on government levels will go "we can ride this wave...." /sad

News Comments > Thanksgiving Consolidation
8. Re: Thanksgiving Consolidation Nov 27, 2015, 11:54 Xil

30 mil units so far  

News Comments > Star Citizen Status Update
25. Re: Star Citizen Status Update Oct 19, 2015, 11:52 Xil

Razumen wrote on Oct 19, 2015, 10:12:
Honestly, anyone that tries to argue that this game is a fraud is just a blatant troll at this point.

What do you call something that will never reach what was promised ?

My english is not good enough but I am sure there is a word for it.

Forget about kickstarter, forget about donations, virtual ships for 100 of dollars, simply look at what was promised, the whole list and if you got a bit of sense you know it won't all make it into the game. Sad part is they already sold all those promises to their backers.

News Comments > Styx: Shards of Darkness Announced
6. Re: Styx: Shards of Darkness Announced Oct 14, 2015, 12:16 Xil

NetHead wrote on Oct 14, 2015, 11:09:
I enjoyed the first one, it wasn't perfect but was fun and satisfied the stealth itch.

totally agree

5. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 7, 2015, 12:03 Xil

umm what worried me the most about that article where the comments underneath it.... is there some sort of special group of people who read the washington post or am I missing something here ?  

News Comments > CIG Demands Escapist Retraction; Threatens Lawsuit
53. Re: CIG Demands Escapist Retraction; Threatens Lawsuit Oct 5, 2015, 11:55 Xil

MasaIV wrote on Oct 5, 2015, 11:42:
Is it just me, or have people already decided one way or another whether they think Star Citizen will succeed or fail? It seems like every time there is "news" like this posted, both sides see it as evidence they are right.

Not sure, what would be interesting is a checkbox behind some people's name to see if they are a (big) funder of the game or not, that would put some comments in perspective I would think

Either way, it would be cool if the project would succeed and it probably could have if they had stopped at (wild guess) the 10 million dollar stretch goal and not piled up more and more.

As it is now I can not believe they can deliver the game, nobody in their right mind can really believe this list will really be completed 1 one big game in this decade.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
1. Re: Morning Interviews Sep 28, 2015, 11:39 Xil

am looking forward to this one, maybe because I always had so much fun playing a group of dwarves in Myth.... wonder if The Dwarves has satchels  

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
3. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Sep 26, 2015, 11:59 Xil

another good reason to never start on facebook.

ps: don't ever send a in an email to australia either, just a warning

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
2. Re: Saturday Metaverse Sep 26, 2015, 11:54 Xil

Cutter wrote on Sep 26, 2015, 11:12:
What a spineless, selfish idiot. And when Sonic goes out of business because of assholes like him then Comcast will just go right back to F'ing him in the A.

yup pretty shortsighted but that is how people are and what Comcast counts on....

1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 25, 2015, 10:52 Xil

noble, but no nation will sign up  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 25, 2015, 10:50 Xil

made me smile  

News Comments > Source 2 Running on Vulkan
2. Re: Source 2 Running on Vulkan Sep 24, 2015, 10:03 Xil

Vulkan works on Win7,8 and 10, Android, Linux, Mac and seems the console makers Sony and Nintendo are also intrested as Nintendo joined the group in the past weeks.

I guess if its as powerful as DX12 (and why not, both Vulkan and DX12 are about low level) then its gives developers a very easy way to makes something for more then just windows.

News Comments > SOMA Trailer
1. Re: SOMA Trailer Sep 18, 2015, 10:27 Xil

avoiding anything and everything about this game as to not spoil my play through  

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin II Announced
6. Re: Divinity: Original Sin II Announced Aug 12, 2015, 10:09 Xil

nin wrote on Aug 12, 2015, 10:04:
Never got the last one, so if they offer it as a reward, I'll probably be in...

got the last one... well on paper, still waiting for the linux release, so atm I doubt I will back nr 2

News Comments > The Witcher III Patch Notes
11. Re: The Witcher III Patch Notes Aug 1, 2015, 10:40 Xil

just finished it, done all the ?, hunts, side quests and gear searches, about 120 hours and got the ending I feel happy with.

What a brilliant game despite the glitch here and there.

ps: not fell down a single cliff with or without horse

News Comments > GOG.com & Windows 10
8. Re: GOG.com & Windows 10 Jul 29, 2015, 12:58 Xil

descender wrote on Jul 29, 2015, 12:41:
Gotta agree with Krovven here... I originally read this as "we didn't actually have to do anything to make 85% of our library work in Windows 10".

Still a difference with Steam as they won't test and just leave it up to the developer/dont care. GoG seems to at least test the games and if needed try to get them working. That is about 100% more effort then Steam.

News Comments > Smedley Leaves Daybreak
5. Re: Smedley Leaves Daybreak Jul 23, 2015, 11:54 Xil

wtf_man wrote on Jul 23, 2015, 11:36:

Uh... that was more Brad McQuaid. Everquest got way easier after Brad left... but it took time, and competition to force them to do it.

That crack smokin' moron is STILL trying to make a hardcore group only game that will never sell in any commercially significant amount.

True, but looking though my nostalgic coloured glasses I had the best EQ times in those hard and unforgiving days

Grouping took time and you remember the good players and asked them again, friends lists had a purpose These days they self join for a quest, say hi if your lucky, finish quest, disband.

450 Comments. 23 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo