Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Nashville, TN 02/27

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Xil

Real Name Xil   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Xil
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Apr 29, 2002, 19:42
Total Comments 391 (Amateur)
User ID 12935

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 27, 2015, 10:14 Xil

if you get 185 changes a day from a massive amount of contributors (4171 in past 15 months making 83000 changes) I do agree he is better of venting his frustration so people know how to not contribute then to be all nice and soft and gentle. In the end your contributing to a pretty cool piece of software and not having x-mas dinner with him.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Sid Meier's Starships Next Month
5. Re: Sid Meier's Starships Next Month Feb 26, 2015, 00:32 Xil

Creston wrote on Feb 25, 2015, 23:17:

PC gamer's preview today said there was still quite a bit of depth to it, even if it was a cheaper game.

I'm pretty interested in it, it looks pretty promising so far, and for $15...

A dutch site, (tweakers.net) had a preview/hands on with the game but where only allowed to play 3 turns, after reading that I had the idea it would take at least another 6 months to get a good game out (they where allowed 250 moves with beyoond earth preview)

News Comments > Morning Interviews
1. Re: Morning Interviews Feb 26, 2015, 00:29 Xil

took me roughly 21 hours to finish the book of unwritten tails 2, still has a few spot that could be polished up but overall it was a good fun adventure that made me laugh more then a few times. Am looking forward to nr 3  

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Feb 24, 2015, 10:26 Xil

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Feb 24, 2015, 09:54:
What the hell is this BS? That guy was never a figurehead anymore than I am. That would be like claiming Blue is a member of the inner circle of the RNC, or Cutter is the secret man behind Obama. What a piece of shit article.

Editorial standards? Nope. Yellow journalism? Yep.

wth Cutter is not the secret man behind Obama ?

News Comments > Op Ed
2. Re: Op Ed Feb 23, 2015, 10:58 Xil

eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 23, 2015, 10:18:
If by fine you mean less than 0.05% of the global gaming market.. then sure

Personally I would really like if the people in charge would get their head out of that cloud and start working towards making Linux an actual gaming OS, with proper API support, binary blobs, auto updating of drivers etc.

• point of linux really is that nobody is in charge, the kernel has Linus yes but that is not the whole OS, the rest is lose parts, you can add them as you please and basicly that is what the distro's do, also its weak point.

• binary blobs, a touchy subject for some, but if you want then you can get them, nobody stopping you, specially the nvidia blobs are pretty good

• autoupdate, thats there and been there for ages, any good distro got it repositories and it will update anything you got from them, not just OS releated. Even novice users can keep a up to date system this way without having to do or know much

• api, that is pretty broad, but its getting there, systemd is working towards a good base system, opengl next might do the trick gfx wise and input wise libinput is going the correct path

• None the less, its a long way from being mainstream, and I use it daily as I am window-less so to speak.

Without steam os it will go back to what is was 2-3 years ago, that is for sure

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
    2. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Feb 22, 2015, 13:13 Xil

yup, lets take a page that promotes your games, makes no profit from them and shut it down........ /sigh  

News Comments > Book of Unwritten Tales 2 Released
    5. Re: Book of Unwritten Tales 2 Released Feb 21, 2015, 01:02 Xil

Been playing it since yesterday, I can't help but compare it to double fine's adventure and what these guys did is so far beyond that, it's brilliant  

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
    2. Re: Evening Safety Dance Feb 20, 2015, 09:40 Xil

because of certificates they place in the middle you could log into a fake bank site thinking its your own but its all green in firefox/IE/Chrome because the certificates match.

this is scary and bloody stupid

News Comments > Out of the Blue
    5. Dogs Can Sense Emotion. Feb 18, 2015, 13:03 Xil

sorry but you don't need a study for that, most people who have a dog will tell you that the dog knows your mood, when and how to approach you and when not.  

News Comments > Anachronox & Other Square IP Pitches Sought
    15. Re: Anachronox & Other Square IP Pitches Sought Feb 17, 2015, 12:21 Xil

I was like weeeeeee we gone get a anachronox 2 kickstarter... then I read all the negativity here... bah :/  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
    16. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 16, 2015, 11:56 Xil

nin wrote on Feb 16, 2015, 09:28:
    The Order: 1886 Leaks to YouTube in Full, Playthrough is Five Hours Long.

There seems to be a lot of debate as to if he was basically speedrunning it - people specifically say he was just running from checkpoint to checkpoint w/ little to no stopping. Also that he played on the easiest setting...going to wait and see more impressions.

lets hope so, I so want this to be good/fun

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
    3. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Feb 16, 2015, 11:52 Xil

Zyrxil wrote on Feb 16, 2015, 11:43:
    That Edge of Eternity project looks like a joke. $44k for a team with no experience, desperately naming dropping Japanese Composers for promotion. These guys are going to make a complex 3D JRPG? Anyone funding this completely deserves the inevitable turd that will be churned out.

well you can download a demo of it already, thats a lot more then most kickstarters.
    They seem to use it more as an impulse to continue/finish it then as funds to start from 0

News Comments > Saturday Interviews
    1. Re: Saturday Interviews Feb 14, 2015, 11:54 Xil

I guess they smelled blood... the guy has his flaws and the RPS article clearly showed that and most older gamers know it, but not sure if going after him like this by all internet media is needed.... maybe I am to soft

This comment was edited on Feb 14, 2015, 13:40.

News Comments > Peter Molyneux's Vows of Silence
    28. Re: Peter Molyneux's Vows of Silence Feb 14, 2015, 02:11 Xil

took me ages to read the RPS article, they did not go gentle on him and at times I thought he would totally break or something....  

News Comments > Valve on the Future of High Performance Graphics
    27. Re: Valve on the Future of High Performance Graphics Feb 4, 2015, 13:53 Xil

SpectralMeat wrote on Feb 4, 2015, 13:23:
    I wonder what will be a complete released product from those things they are working on.
    By the time Steam OS is ready for prime time we will be using Windows 18 and Steam boxes will be on the shelf with Onlive and the phantom console.

It almost feels like they bring up these ideas to see if there is any interest. If there is, they start up the project with some minimal effort then they throw it out to people "here you finish it"
    I don't know how much progress SteamOS made since it's beta release 2013 Dec.
    Were there any significant updates or features added to it since then?

if SteamOS is ever gone happen for real (in stores and such) no idea, but the impact they had on linux gaming has been huge already, time will tell if its a lasting thing but for now I am happy

News Comments > Valve on the Future of High Performance Graphics
    20. Re: Valve on the Future of High Performance Graphics Feb 4, 2015, 13:06 Xil

openGL 4.x can do basicly the same as direct3D its just a lot more work to use and not really a same way for all platforms.

A good GLNext with an easy/direct3d like API the same on all platforms would be a good thing in the long run, but time will tell I guess.

News Comments > Underworld Ascendant Kickstarter
    9. Re: Underworld Ascendant Kickstarter Feb 4, 2015, 13:00 Xil

I was like yes yes yes yes!! went to the site.... linux stretch goal with no remark of same day release....nope :/  

News Comments > etc.
    4. Re: etc. Jan 27, 2015, 11:53 Xil

Jivaro wrote on Jan 27, 2015, 11:27:
    That Starship Titanic story is pretty cool.

somehow I totally missed this game, but found it just now on abandonware site in france, nothing on GOG, just requests

Time to fire up wine

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
    1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jan 23, 2015, 10:12 Xil

Google drops three OS X 0days on Apple.

should really be

After 90 days of not providing a fix Google drops three OS X 0days on Apple.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
    4. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 23, 2015, 10:10 Xil

nin wrote on Jan 23, 2015, 09:44:
    xXBatmanXx wrote on Jan 23, 2015, 09:31:
    Words marked.

Yeah, we're going to hold you to that. Bookmarked!

Assuming I'm alive, I mean.

Else put it in your will.... "only if you hold Blue on 01/23/45 will you get anything !!"

391 Comments. 20 pages. Viewing page 1.
    < Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo