Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Xil

Real Name Xil   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Xil
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Apr 29, 2002, 19:42
Total Comments 352 (Amateur)
User ID 12935

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

News Comments > U.K. Sales Charts
14. Re: U.K. Sales Charts Nov 25, 2014, 11:36 Xil

Creston wrote on Nov 24, 2014, 13:11:
siapnar wrote on Nov 24, 2014, 11:06:
Creston wrote on Nov 24, 2014, 10:48:
There is so much to do in it that I feel overwhelmed at times.
Maybe it's just because I'm getting older, but this kinda thing really turns me off.
I'd rather have a more focused, compact experience than have too many things to do.
I don't mean COD levels of linearity, but I'd rather only have 3 or so objectives to accomplish at one time, including the main story mission.

Obviously it's good to have a lot of content, and many players (especially younger) love dumping hours upon hours into a game... but I just can't do it anymore

You CAN just focus on the main missions, btw. I don't think they outlevel you, or if they do, not by very much. You can safely ignore all the side stuff.

@Xil, the crafting system is actually fairly simple. Basically every item you craft has slots for a certain type of material. Ore, cloth, leather, etc. Depending on what type of Ore (or cloth, or leather) you put into it, the properties of the item you craft will change. The bonuses the different items give are listed underneath them in a list of 4, and that's the bonus they give if they are in that particular slot.

So for example, if you were to craft an armor with Iron as its main component, it'll have an Armor Class of say, 100, because Iron gives Low armor class when used as a main ingredient. If you were to use, for example, Obsidian, that same armor would probably have an AC of 118 or so, because Obsidian is a better material to craft the armor from.

Similarly for the other slots. If you use Iron as the secondary material as well, it may give you +4 Strength as a bonus, whereas if you used Obsidian in that slot, it would give you +6 Strength as a bonus. Basically, the rarer the material, the better the item you're crafting.

Other than that, you can mix and match whichever ores/leather etc you want. It's just a matter of maximizing the bonus, or getting the combination you prefer. (Tip: When you get Skyhold, there is a merchant near the main gate who sells unlimited supplies of "Something Something Glass", which is a pretty awesome crafting material. I always buy a hundred or so and go to town crafting some new stuff for my party.)

@Fion, I think the Hinterlands are the best place to farm Elfroot, but you can also put it in Skyhold's garden, and it'll grow a few every <unknown> amount of time. I think sometimes a merchant will sell some as well.

thank Creston

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > U.K. Sales Charts
8. Re: U.K. Sales Charts Nov 24, 2014, 11:50 Xil

Creston wrote on Nov 24, 2014, 10:48:
DA:I deserves it. Awesome game. It is insane how much content they packed into the game.

There is so much to do in it that I feel overwhelmed at times. I think I have 9 actual missions open on my war map, about 20 odd adviser missions, I have no clue what to actually go do next, and so far I've seen 3 of the 12 zones.

I estimate I have roughly 19000 hours of stuff left to do.

100% agree, its an amazing game so far, still not sure why the war map is split into 2, might as well just scroll through it. crafting system confuses me still but will get the hang of it

News Comments > Out of the Blue
15. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 21, 2014, 12:00 Xil

Blue, would http://www.patreon.com/ not be more to people's liking ? Us regulars would simply set it up to donate X amount a month automaticly  

8. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 21, 2014, 10:51 Xil

Happy Birthday !  

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Re: Game Reviews Nov 17, 2014, 11:55 Xil

I know I posted this before, but if your even a wee bit into dungeon master/eye of the beholder stuff from the past then get Grimrock II, its well worth it, good fun, high on my best of 2014 list  

News Comments > Goat Simulator Free MMO Expansion Thursday
8. Re: Goat Simulator Free MMO Expansion Thursday Nov 17, 2014, 11:50 Xil

beigemore wrote on Nov 17, 2014, 11:13:
Endo wrote on Nov 17, 2014, 11:00:
Looks cool, but I don't see anything in the video that remotely resembles an MMO.

I saw them click the MMO check box though.

and don't forget they selected fantasy settings !!

News Comments > Morning Patches
1. Re: Morning Patches Nov 11, 2014, 11:47 Xil

Legend of Grimrock is fulfilling all my DungeonMaster/Chaos strikes back craving, 12 hours in now and loving every minute of it  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
6. Re: Evening Consolidation Nov 11, 2014, 11:36 Xil

@Banner Saga, how about you fulfil your linux promise.... getting ridiculous  

News Comments > System Shock 2 Community Patch
5. Re: System Shock 2 Community Patch Nov 11, 2014, 11:32 Xil

nin wrote on Nov 11, 2014, 08:38:
JESUS...just the phrase "system shock" made me do a triple take!

some games are burned in our gaming memory and SS2 is one of those for sure

News Comments > Transistor Released for OS X & Linux
1. Re: Transistor Released for OS X & Linux Nov 9, 2014, 01:22 Xil

I loved bastion, especially the audio part and this one sounds a good. But not sure if I should get this on linux or on my ps4, getting the controller to work right still is an issue  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. The $9 Billion Witness: Meet JPMorgan Chase's Worst Nightmare Nov 7, 2014, 11:05 Xil

after reading that...../sigh, unbelievable  

News Comments > Knights of Pen and Paper Haunted Fall Expansion
1. Re: Knights of Pen and Paper Haunted Fall Expansion Nov 7, 2014, 10:43 Xil

I had a good time with it (the original) but after many hours it became to repetitive and not sure why but I found the level gap between my encounters and my party growing to big and that sort of removed the fun.  

News Comments > The Witcher III Free DLC Plans
6. Re: The Witcher III Free DLC Plans Nov 6, 2014, 14:21 Xil

glad I pre-ordered!  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 3, 2014, 11:57 Xil

Cutter wrote on Nov 3, 2014, 10:59:
Like why not cheaper and better internet for everyone? Like everyone's been asking for all along? Like, a nationalized and regulated service because it's too important to be left to a handful of megacorps now?

omg cutter, you don't see the bigger picture, its much more complex !!!

/endsarcasm

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Oct 31, 2014, 12:58 Xil

that was a good read, never really thought about what happened before the big release, it was more like "ooh he send a ton of papers to several journalist".  

News Comments > Golden Joystick Winners
9. Re: Golden Joystick Winners Oct 25, 2014, 04:37 Xil

Most surprising fun game in association with .. umm.. me
Styx: Master of Shadows

13. Re: Morning Safety Dance Oct 20, 2014, 11:53 Xil

nin wrote on Oct 20, 2014, 09:10:
Beware: Never Download “Codecs” or “Players” To Watch Videos Online.

Amazed people still do that shit.

you got to admit some of the pages out there are wel made -as in doing a good job to confuse people with popups and buttons and stuff..... people want to watch something, see a popup with stuff, you want to watch click yes...... I can see it happen

News Comments > AitD Creator Crowdfunding 2Dark
1. Re: AitD Creator Crowdfunding 2Dark Oct 20, 2014, 11:48 Xil

little big adventure...... god I loved that, despite that crazy controls lol.

but never heard of ulule..... hmmmmm

12. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 19, 2014, 02:41 Xil

nin wrote on Oct 18, 2014, 21:27:
Alamar wrote on Oct 18, 2014, 21:10:
I love honest trailers, and that one was great too ; )

Yeah, it pretty much sums up exactly why I have zero interest in that series.

never seen one before, but made me laugh as it reminded me of all the times I died

Nin, you given Styx a try yet ? loving the hell out of it, sure the gfx might not be 2014 but the game play..... brilliant

4. Re: Morning Safety Dance Oct 15, 2014, 11:49 Xil

openSSL is broken beyond repair with all its legacy code and self made stuff which should be handles by the OS, only 1 group is doing the correct thing and that is the openBSD group who are cleaning all the crap out under the name libreSSL yet the big parties like google, ms, facebook poor money into openSLL to "fix" it..... /sigh

352 Comments. 18 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo