Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Beaver

Real Name Beaver   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Muscular Beaver
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 28, 2002, 23:21
Total Comments 1776 (Pro)
User ID 12928

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Croteam on Windows 8 Issues
150. Re: Croteam on Windows 8 Issues Nov 19, 2012, 02:03 Muscular Beaver

Fibrocyte wrote on Nov 18, 2012, 11:17:
DukeFNukem wrote on Nov 18, 2012, 11:10:
Zetler wrote on Nov 18, 2012, 10:52:
Right, we should fight Windows 8 because Steam is not a walled garden at all and represent freedom am I right folks? LOL. There's much irony in this.

No one is forcing you to download and use Steam. Windows 8 is stripping away freedom, choice, and power, in more ways than just one.

I don't understand why all the people who love Windows 8 don't just go out and buy themselves a tablet. What makes Windows 8 so much more compelling than Windows 7. "It boots faster". Okay, get a tablet. They boot even faster. "Its more secure". Ok, get a tablet. Its more secure than Windows 7. There is virtually no compelling reason for Windows 7 users to upgrade to Windows 8. Yet there are many reasons to avoid this catastrophe. The stripping away of choice, freedom, flexibility, and power are many of the reasons I will not even look at Windows 8 lest I begin puking.

"It boots faster." You keep saying that. Is that really the only advantage you're aware of? Hell, even in this cess pool of comments there are a few more called out.

All I'm saying in tone down your tantrum until you've educated yourself a little or you're going to end up looking as bad as ASeven.

Its supposed to work with touch devices. Specifically designed for them, they say so proudly. I was excited when I heard that, since I am using a car pc. I tried it and guess what? MINIMUM RESOLUTION 1024x768. Useless for any car pc, unless its in a huge van or truck with like a 10" screen. 800x480 is standard there, because everything bigger doesnt make sense.

Also I was excited about the new UVC standard. Yay, finally no more CPU usage when recording from a webcam that uses an internal encoder.
Tried it. Doesnt work. Black picture as soon as you start recording. Guess some fucking retarded way of DRM.

I also hoped they would learn from their mistakes in Vista and 7, by going back to the sound system in XP, or at least to something that had the features of it, like playing the same source simultaneously over 2 outputs, since so many people complain about it. Nope. Nothing. Still the shitty system they used before. Not even sound quality has improved, you still need to use ASIO or similar if you want proper quality.

I could care less about a little better multi monitor support (actually worse in some aspects) or better virtualization, and you know VERY WELL that most people dont either.

Oh that is so lame... You will PAY for your use of inappropriate dialogue!
- Mojo Jojo
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

130. Re: hmmmm Nov 18, 2012, 09:38 Muscular Beaver

Shataan wrote on Nov 18, 2012, 09:36:
I game primarilly.

Is Win 8 optimized for PC gaming???? If not, I`ll stick with Win 7.

Vista arrived, I stuck with WinXP. No loss there. Ya know, I saw tons of peeps who didn`t like WinME. Dunno why. It was a system you could easilly tweak for performance. I had no problems with it at all.

Ya dude, I liked especially the nice blue desktop it had, though I hated the bug when that desktop was almost always in the foreground and you couldnt do anything anymore!

- Mojo Jojo

129. Re: Croteam on Windows 8 Issues Nov 18, 2012, 09:36 Muscular Beaver

Fibrocyte wrote on Nov 18, 2012, 09:28:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Nov 18, 2012, 09:23:
Fibrocyte wrote on Nov 18, 2012, 09:15:
ASeven wrote on Nov 18, 2012, 07:53:
I suppose there were apologists, fanbois and shills who defended WinME so seeing them do the same on Win8 is hardly surprising.

1/10 ... your mention of WinME gains you that one point.

Oh, and if you were being serious then you're incredibly obtuse.

Someone asking if that was serious or not, obviously is one of the guys he mentioned... lol

LOL! Oh Beaver... you're the wittiest!

Thanks for confirming me!

- Mojo Jojo

125. Re: Croteam on Windows 8 Issues Nov 18, 2012, 09:23 Muscular Beaver

Fibrocyte wrote on Nov 18, 2012, 09:15:
ASeven wrote on Nov 18, 2012, 07:53:
I suppose there were apologists, fanbois and shills who defended WinME so seeing them do the same on Win8 is hardly surprising.

1/10 ... your mention of WinME gains you that one point.

Oh, and if you were being serious then you're incredibly obtuse.

Someone asking if that was serious or not, obviously is one of the guys he mentioned... lol

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Jailed Bohemia Interactive Devs Denied Bail
7. Re: Jailed Bohemia Interactive Devs Denied Bail Nov 17, 2012, 02:39 Muscular Beaver

Unless they would be turks I dont see a reason for this to be that serious.
Greece seems to want to show their (albeit rotten) teeth, since they dont have anything else to show anymore...

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Linux Diablo III Bans Follow-up
19. Re: Linux Diablo III Bans Follow-up Nov 15, 2012, 16:38 Muscular Beaver

Nothing new from the Blizztards.
Not too long ago, I was banned for 72 hours from WoW and received a final warning - for reasons unknown, so I couldnt know what I did wrong and because of that the final warning was as good as a soon to be permanent ban.
After a few days of talking with different GMs, one told me it was due to account sharing. I did not share my account, only my IP addresses change often, due to different locations and different PCs. So I told them that, but they still didnt listen. After 4 weeks I finally got a reply from a supervisor, who said he could confirm the stuff I claimed and that the final warning was canceled.

Now, I couldnt play for 4 weeks, since I feared they would permanently ban the account, if my IP changed again. That makes one wasted subscription month. It was never reimbursed. Not even the 72 hours of ban I got were reimbursed. The final mail from the supervisor also had not even a slight hint of an apology.

So this guy got very lucky that he got his second game refunded. But I guess only because he went public.
Oh, and shortly after that they implemented an automatic IP-change-checker. The nice thing about that was, that I had to go through their moronic password change system every time my IP changed. Quite some time later they finally got it right and it saved the IPs that are frequently used. Billions well spent!

This comment was edited on Nov 15, 2012, 16:47.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Win8 Exclusive DirectX 11.1?
60. Re: Win8 Exclusive DirectX 11.1? Nov 12, 2012, 22:12 Muscular Beaver

John wrote on Nov 12, 2012, 15:58:
Yeah, or just install something like StartIsBack for Win8 and you can bypass the Metro Start screen completely. At first I didn't like Win8 either because of the whole Metro thing, but once I found that it is basically just another desktop window which can be bypassed, I didn't mind it so much.
It allows you to directly start the computer to the desktop?

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Diablo III Bans
22. Re: Diablo III Bans Nov 9, 2012, 16:03 Muscular Beaver

So now nobody plays the game anymore?  

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Massive Event Teased
21. Re: Guild Wars 2 Massive Event Teased Nov 3, 2012, 14:22 Muscular Beaver

Creston wrote on Nov 3, 2012, 11:12:
I liked the Halloween event, though I didn't partake in much of it. Tried the whole "Thorn's minions vs villagers" thing once, and I spent ten minutes just running around a (seemingly) empty maze, and got terribly bored of it. I'm sure the guys who got to hunt the villagers had more fun, but in general people don't really like playing a fucking rabbit. (or at least I don't.)

And I suck at the jumping puzzles, so I skipped the clocktower thing after seeing a video. That would have given me an aneurysm for sure.

But the mad king mini-dungeon was cool, and the scavenger hunt was pretty fun too. All in all, for something they released absolutely for free, it was awesome.

2 characters at 80 now! Woot!

Creston

What I found was that the classes are so massively different from each other, that they either make or brake your experience. My Elementalist was kinda stressing and after reaching level 80, I really did not want to continue. But then I made an engineer and had more fun than ever. My Mesmer is also really nice, after I understood how it works. I tried a warrior and deleted him at level 15 because he was simply too boring.
It is really hard to find the right trait spec. Everything needs different stuff if you want to be really good at it. sPvP, WvW, WvWvW, dungeons, solo PvE, group PvE, group of mobs, etc, etc, etc. Not only different traits, but also different abilities, different gear and different weapons.

Everyone says something different too, if you try to find help on the net. I like this, but I understand that on the start (and I mean the first 2 months) this can be frustrating. WoW vanilla wasnt much different though, just not that massive gameplay-wise.

I love this game, and I actually like that it doesnt have a subscription. With WoW I spend every second I could spare in it, because I felt like I was in some kind of race. But here, I sometimes dont play it for days, but I dont feel the fun declining at all. Actually its getting better and better each time I play, because there is still some much to explore and grasp.

The only thing I dont really like is the lack of zones. I could use much more zones. Especially level 80 zones. I hope they will fix that with their monthly events.
Bug fixing could go a little faster too, but I never have been angry at anything in this game, like I was in WoW from day one. My keyboard didnt have to feel my fist even once yet.

- Mojo Jojo

14. Re: Guild Wars 2 Massive Event Teased Nov 3, 2012, 10:54 Muscular Beaver

Acleacius wrote on Nov 3, 2012, 10:38:
True but that's sort of the point. You can't even see what other items look like to change it too, unless you buy them sight unseen too. For example my Elementalist had a sort of school girl starter outfit, which I've basically kept the look all the way to 78 (in theory up 80). Unless I found a better looking drop or have gotten lucky when blindly buying upgrade gear.

She has been sitting at level 78 (90% to 79) for a month. Because I know my level 80 gear is going to be expensive and I don't have a clue how they will look. At a minimum I will be spending 15 gold, now maybe you guys have that to throw around but this is my first (main I guess) toon.

Obviously this doesn't even get into buying a good Dyes, which are 2g to 6g each. Why shouldn't we be able to see what we are buying before spending 15g, probably more. Why is that too much to ask in GW2.

Dyes have a color preview.
I dont really know what the problem is. If youre close to level 80, you have seen most armor looks anyway. Theres not much choice. If you liked your old armor so much, why didnt you keep it? You can even use transformed items to transfer their looks to the next one. Paying a few silver really isnt an issue at level 78. Honestly, I dont like the looks of most high level items, so I need to transform them in any case.
But generally, I agree that tehre should be a preview, I just dont understand how this keeps you from playing.

- Mojo Jojo

10. Re: Guild Wars 2 Massive Event Teased Nov 3, 2012, 09:00 Muscular Beaver

Acleacius wrote on Nov 3, 2012, 00:47:
I really had fun playing the game and was looking forward to getting several toons to eighty. Now I've gotten so frustrated in the fact we still can't preview in the TP, haven't played in a month. Cry

Ninety percent of the money we spend is in the TP. It's so stupid we can't see an armor piece or weapon or dye, without buying it first. Obviously it gets worst the higher the level, where each item costs at least one gold and at most several hundred. If it's not what we wanted, then we are forced to turn around and sell it. Hoping someone else is stupid enough (just as we were) to buy it without seeing it.

Well, I kind of agree, but then I dont. You can transform those item's looks into any other item's look. So if you dont like the looks, just buy another one for a few copper or silver and take the looks from it.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > World of Warcraft Hotfixes
2. Re: World of Warcraft Hotfixes Nov 2, 2012, 15:55 Muscular Beaver

Yes, please.
But please post some Guild Wars 2 hotfixes and patch notes. Its pretty hard to find them actually.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Free Weekend
9. Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Free Weekend Nov 1, 2012, 22:32 Muscular Beaver

Must have been 8 years since I last played Counter Strike or any similar game regularly. I took quite some time to get back into it, also because aiming is a bit harder and no more hitboxes (graze his ear and its a headshot). But now I am as good as before. I just miss a lot of maps. I simply cant stand dust, dust2, office, italy or train anymore.  

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines Patch
5. Re: Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines Patch Oct 31, 2012, 23:43 Muscular Beaver

Kobalt wrote on Oct 31, 2012, 19:59:
It's still hilariously buggy at times. Decided to replay it a few months ago and got stuck in the elevator in the tutorial and had to restart.

Yeah, they only patch scripts it seems.
I never got around to play it, because of the many technical bugs like completely distorted sound or graphics.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Natural Selection 2
9. Re: Ships Ahoy - Natural Selection 2 Oct 31, 2012, 17:45 Muscular Beaver

Good thing I just bought a 660.
When I am fed up with GW2, Ill try it.
Hopefully its not patched broken until then, like NS1 was.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Iron Sky: Invasion Delay
13. Re: Iron Sky: Invasion Delay Oct 29, 2012, 16:43 Muscular Beaver

netnerd85 wrote on Oct 29, 2012, 11:42:
nin wrote on Oct 29, 2012, 11:18:
fawker wrote on Oct 29, 2012, 11:14:
To call Iron Sky a bad movie is making it obvious you didn't "get it". It was supposed to be a hilariously bad movie. I believe it held up to those expectations.

Not only that, but I don't mind seeing America getting made fun of for once. You have to be able to laugh at yourself.

Oh I got it, it just wasn't funny. Hell I was drinking at the time and still wanted my two hours back. Oh look, we turned a black guy white and reenacted the hitler bunker scene. How funny!

You are not European, you didn't get it. They have a different sense of humour to Americans.

I am European, actually German, and I didnt find it funny at all. There are much better movies out there, that make fun of the US, in a much smarter way. The jokes in that movie felt like they were from the 90s, because you have seen or heard them dozens of times before - that is actually typical German humor.

Even Chuck Norris in Expendables 2 telling an old Chuck Norris joke was funnier than the whole Iron Sky movie.

This comment was edited on Oct 29, 2012, 16:49.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Diablo III Patch & World of Warcraft Hotfixes
4. Re: Diablo III Patch & World of Warcraft Hotfixes Oct 27, 2012, 06:52 Muscular Beaver

Alamar wrote on Oct 26, 2012, 21:50:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Oct 26, 2012, 14:37:
How about some Guild Wars 2 patch notes, Blue?

But stories/posts should be reserved for games that matter... : )

-Alamar
I see what you did there!

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Diablo III Patch & World of Warcraft Hotfixes
2. Re: Diablo III Patch & World of Warcraft Hotfixes Oct 26, 2012, 14:37 Muscular Beaver

How about some Guild Wars 2 patch notes, Blue?  

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > WoW Hotfixed; PTR Patch Notes; Free Character Moves
2. Re: WoW Hotfixed; PTR Patch Notes; Free Character Moves Oct 25, 2012, 06:57 Muscular Beaver

If all this sounds enticing

(Skritt voice)
No.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Diablo III Patched
6. Re: Diablo III Patched Oct 17, 2012, 05:43 Muscular Beaver

Kosumo wrote on Oct 17, 2012, 04:31:
Is this the patch that makes this Auction House a Game?
Its an ARPG!
Auction role playing game!

- Mojo Jojo

1776 Comments. 89 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo