Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Beaver

Real Name Beaver   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Muscular Beaver
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 28, 2002, 23:21
Total Comments 1790 (Pro)
User ID 12928

User comment history
< Newer [ 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ] Older >

News Comments > LucasArts Classic Rereleases
49. Re: LucasArts Classic Rereleases Jul 6, 2009, 17:18 Muscular Beaver

I would pay $500 for all those together if they were redone with just new engines. Especially The Dig, Loom and Indy 3 & 4 (would pay $1000 if the whole X-Wing series was included too).
But since I hope they will some day actually be remade, I wont play them with the old engine anymore. I want to remember them as they were. Such old games look horrible and not nearly as remembered on modern monitors.
Now, the Monkey Island remake I will gladly buy.

Oh that is so lame... You will PAY for your use of inappropriate dialogue!
- Mojo Jojo
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > StarCraft II Interview
13. Re: StarCraft II Interview Jul 4, 2009, 02:50 Muscular Beaver

Here in Europe you get a good gaming rig that is able to run Crysis in high settings on 1680x1050 for 500 Euros. I am willing to bet its about $500 in the US too, if not less. The prices have been very low for quite some years now.

I really dont accept the cost argument anymore because its simply not valid especially with console games costing more and consoles being optional while every household should have a PC anyways (and prolly already has one and thus saving up to a few hundred bucks because you dont need to upgrade every component).

This comment was edited on Jul 4, 2009, 03:02.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > ARMA II Diary Movie
26. Re: ARMA II Diary Movie Jul 3, 2009, 02:30 Muscular Beaver

Part of the problem with the Arma community is American players (some of the most selfish and childish gamers on the planet). As a general rule I recommend gaming with Brits, or other Europeans if you are looking for quality players. They generally are better team players and more polite and humble.

Thats a myth.
I have to play on European servers most of the time. While of course the ArmA/OFP community is far more mature than the say CoD4 community, its still much more filled with arrogant, elitist and idiot players than any American servers I join when I play with my friends in America.
Thats also the reason I ALWAYS chose American MMO servers. I had such bad experiences with European ones...

Brits and Germans (I am German) are the worst of all. Swedish guys and some other northern ones are actually ok.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Blizzard's Cataclysm TMs
39. Re: Blizzard's Cataclysm TMs Jul 2, 2009, 04:42 Muscular Beaver

LOL so you're one of those people.

Are you seriously judging people who dont like what you like?
And even if so, its obvious that its a huge break from the old style. Even you cant deny that.
I mean, just look at the screenshots, if you have played WoW for just a bit you should notice that at least the ground textures look almost exactly like those in WoW.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > StarCraft II LAN Dropped Due to Piracy
145. Re: Everyone rise up Jul 1, 2009, 14:01 Muscular Beaver

One thing I would really like to know is how the Korean forums look like after this announcement.
Can anyone read Korean?

- Mojo Jojo

102. Re: StarCraft II LAN Dropped Due to Piracy Jun 30, 2009, 15:24 Muscular Beaver

1. You seemed to care enough and didnt read properly.
I only went on because I expected you knew what I meant, what you obviously didnt. Now you wasted my time.

2. Youre putting words in my mouth again.

3. READ FFS! Its all there! I only said what I did. You started to argue about it - because you didnt read properly. Not my fault, but regretfully my time. Cant believe I even made you a fucking screenshot.

Wasted more than enough on you. Im off for real this time.

- Mojo Jojo

99. Re: StarCraft II LAN Dropped Due to Piracy Jun 30, 2009, 15:16 Muscular Beaver

In other words, you were wrong, got called out on it, got proven wrong and are now upset. Fair enough.

ROFL youre unbelieveable. Funny thats the same I thought about you.

More like facts and logic but hey you need to save face somehow right?

What facts? What logic? You cant even read properly, trolling is no logic and putting words in my mouth doesnt give you facts.

- Mojo Jojo

98. Re: StarCraft II LAN Dropped Due to Piracy Jun 30, 2009, 15:11 Muscular Beaver

I most of us would agree that a company has a reasonable expectation of being able to display advertisements for their own products on their own websites. He was trying to stretch that to say that Battle.net 2.0 will be plastered with ads and blah blah blah even though there is no precedent for that and in fact evidence to show the opposite. In the end we wasted a page and a half on it when he's referring to non-third party ads, LOL.

Youre very good at trolling, man!

1. I never said it would be anything else then Blizzard stuff. Maybe a mouse with WoW franchise or something similar.
2. I never said it would be plastered with ads. I only said that ads are the only plausible reason I see right now, because I dont believe them caring about piracy that much all of the sudden.
3. I never said it would be 3rd party ads. I always said it was WoW only on their website. Does your ignorance even prevent you from reading properly?

- Mojo Jojo

95. Re: StarCraft II LAN Dropped Due to Piracy Jun 30, 2009, 15:05 Muscular Beaver

we've all been mentioning from the start. Thanks for wasting everyone's time.
You completely downplayed them and "you all" are only Dagok and I honestly doubt anyone can waste the time of a troll like yourself. Youre actually provoking it, so I doubt it even bothers you.

But yeah, theres the ignorance again.
Should have known better. Even if I posted the 4 there would have been the same ignorant response.
Told you you would beat me in experience.

In your previous posts, you implied that there were more than Blizzard related product ads, and said "lots and lots of them". I don't consider 4 ads to be "lots and lots".

I never said that. I actually said its all WoW crap. Read again.
With lots and lots of them I actually meant when there were ads in the news section. As I said, look in the history. They are still there.

Uhhm, there are 4 there, the same 4 I see on my computer. Embedded Rotating flash ad, WoW Trial, Blizzard Store and the Statue ad. All Blizzard related products, and none are intrusive.

If you consider that an ad, then it was 5. There was another one of those big ones on the right side.
I never said intrusive. Stop putting words in my mouth.

This comment was edited on Jun 30, 2009, 15:07.

- Mojo Jojo

87. Re: StarCraft II LAN Dropped Due to Piracy Jun 30, 2009, 14:53 Muscular Beaver

"Only" 3 now after I loaded it again. Tried reloading a few times to see if turns up again but it wont.

Wasnt so easy and fast, since I only have 64kbit at this computer...
http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/3347/unbenannthzx.jpg

Still looks pretty loaded. You should see it when they announce new gaming cards, figures or whatever. Some of it can still be seen in the "news"-history.

We will see how much ads Bnet2 will have.

- Mojo Jojo

78. Re: StarCraft II LAN Dropped Due to Piracy Jun 30, 2009, 14:29 Muscular Beaver

My computer is clean, my friend. Its only WoW ads. Why should Blizzard put their adware on my computer? Or are you implying they would even do that?
Why should I lie? Everyone can check it for themselves.
On Blues I only see 3 ads. Weird, given that he prolly needs the money to finance the website.

This comment was edited on Jun 30, 2009, 14:31.

- Mojo Jojo

74. Re: StarCraft II LAN Dropped Due to Piracy Jun 30, 2009, 14:22 Muscular Beaver

I see 4. Maybe its because its regional ads. Im in Germany. But I am a lot on that website, and trust me there are that much and even more pretty often.  

- Mojo Jojo

73. Re: StarCraft II LAN Dropped Due to Piracy Jun 30, 2009, 14:21 Muscular Beaver

You just called me all of those names, pot kettle, etc.
I didnt call you names, I only called you that what you admitted before.
But even if not: Tit for tat.
Dont act surprised or superior. Im only a human too and my tolerance and patience ends somewhere.
Until next time.

- Mojo Jojo

68. Re: StarCraft II LAN Dropped Due to Piracy Jun 30, 2009, 14:10 Muscular Beaver

Guilty as charged but you failed to mention your own ignorance and paranoia too.

Paranoia? Ignorance? I wouldnt be good at my job if I had those attributes.
But you go hide in insults and ignorance. Prolly best for you anyways.
Anyways, this is below my level and you will prolly "beat me with experience". Logging out here.

Last thing:
What a load. I'm looking at it right now with Adblock Plus and I see two ads for the Blizzard store and BlizzCon. With adblock off I see those same ads and a spot featuring 10 day trials of WoW itself. Oh those money grubbing bastards!
I see 2 flash adds and 2 normals ones. Normally theres also a few "news items" about new products like figures, game cards etc.
Maybe your browser isnt showing them.
Anyways, its much more than like 2 or 3 years ago.

You act like people have no free will.
As I said, you dont have a clue about suggestion.

This comment was edited on Jun 30, 2009, 14:16.

- Mojo Jojo

66. Re: StarCraft II LAN Dropped Due to Piracy Jun 30, 2009, 14:08 Muscular Beaver

Most of the ads are to Blizzard related materials or information about the game, wrong again.
You should visit their website more often. Even with my adblock on I see lots and lots of them.

Oh brother, what's next? Blizzard is brainwashing us! They already gave their reason, no one is saying it's a good reason but this bizarre need for it to be some deeper evil is just strange. Have fun with that.
Oh come on, you act like suggestion is something new and is not being used by many industries.

- Mojo Jojo

63. Re: StarCraft II LAN Dropped Due to Piracy Jun 30, 2009, 14:05 Muscular Beaver

The reason of trying to maximize their profits by cutting out pirated copies as much as possible wasn't scumbag enough for you? They basically admit "hey we're being shitheads and trying to make more money by dicking over pirates because we know they will want to play our games online". That's seriously not a good enough reason but the piddly money they make on ads is somehow relevant?

As I said before, if they wanted that they could just add a multiplayer version for LAN play that cannot be used for Bnet or singleplayer. It would even be a form of advertising for that game because people could test it on LANs and say "omg, this game is so cool, I want to play it at home too".

You go on and play Internet detective then sir. Find some underlying conspiracy that reaches all the way to the presidency. Please let us know what you uncover Deepthroat. I bet Rob Pardo is actually a relative of Nixon.
Oh there it is again, the ignorance, arrogance and general snootiness. I knew you couldnt hide it for long, and I didnt even give you a reason.

- Mojo Jojo

60. Re: StarCraft II LAN Dropped Due to Piracy Jun 30, 2009, 13:59 Muscular Beaver

When Blizzard release Starcraft it was a relative unknown, not really a valid comparison.
Why not? Youre only talking about 1 game.
Didnt you notice how they added ads in Diablo 2's Bnet? It was never there in Diablo 1. So, the next step is...?

That's the website. You aren't forced to view the website every time you play. Again not a valid comparison. Even the client loader's single ad usually featuring Blizzard related content isn't valid considering you can load the .exe file and see nothing except the game launch.
I think you're seriously over estimating how much money they make on ads. In-game advertising is extremely limited right now, you can look at other games featuring them for examples of how few advertisers are attracted to them. I'm referring to big franchises like Battlefield, not just free to play MMO's or something. Basically there is Intel and.....not really anyone else.
Lately I noticed that they rather post up their website address in the status window rather than updating that said window.
Weird, huh?
I think you are underestimating the money they get from franchises for WoW products and how many there are. Of course they want to sell them. Fan products always give a lot of money. Placing ads for them thus mean more money.

Nope, that's not fair. You are never forced to view the website, it is always optional. It is not required to launch the game at any time.
Suggestion is reason enough. Never learned about the power of suggestion?

- Mojo Jojo

54. Re: StarCraft II LAN Dropped Due to Piracy Jun 30, 2009, 13:46 Muscular Beaver

Regardless, the advertising is generally WoW product related. If you can't handle the very non-invasive advertising that Blizzard does on the Launcher, their website and in BNet 2.0...you may as well just destroy your TV's, radio's and computers right now. Also, make sure to never buy a newspaper or magazine ever again and good lord, don't walk down a city street because you know, you might see an ad in a product you have already paid for.

Thats not the point. Were trying to find out whats the real reason. We doubt its piracy.

This comment was edited on Jun 30, 2009, 13:50.

- Mojo Jojo

42. Re: StarCraft II LAN Dropped Due to Piracy Jun 30, 2009, 13:20 Muscular Beaver

Again, Blizzard historically makes very little money on ads.
Blizzards games historically had LAN support. Blizzard historically never cared a lot about piracy.

If Blizzard were all about the ads then you would be overloaded with them in WoW which is a much better opportunity for ad exposure.
No, that would be too shameless to put it into a game that you pay $15 monthly and its expansions costing as much as a full game.
But did you look at the WoW website? Given its all WoW crap only, but theres always tons of ads with T-Shirts, figures, cards, cookbooks, whatever. That site is loaded with em.

The piracy reasoning is extremely stupid and I doubt highly its the real reason. If they wanted they could just make it so that you have a multiplayer version that you can play with on LANs and need a full version for Bnet and single player. But they didnt. They WANT people in Bnet. Why? I dont know exactly, but the ads are the best reason I can see right now.

EDIT: Oh yeah they also added a lot of information of the game to their own website over the past 2 years and still add even more, even though there were dozens of other websites already that did that. Why? After almost 4 years its even finally stable on tuesdays during their server down. Why? They want people on their website. Why? Go figure that out on your own.

Cutter:
I dont remember seeing any ads in the WoW client ever. But they often put their website address into their MOTD or in the login screen, and since that website is so loaded with ads, I guess you could call it advertising in the client.

This comment was edited on Jun 30, 2009, 13:35.

- Mojo Jojo

25. Re: StarCraft II LAN Dropped Due to Pira Jun 30, 2009, 12:42 Muscular Beaver

Here in Germany LAN Parties are still very popular. Not only the huge ones but also small ones with friends. Since DSL is mostly all we get here in Germany I doubt any LAN Party will have the upload that is needed for multiple games over Bnet (DSL only has a very low up stream here). Also Ive never heard of many LANs actually have internet access.

If that all doesnt make sense to you: Germany is one of the biggest market for PC games. The biggest in Europe IIRC.

- Mojo Jojo

1790 Comments. 90 pages. Viewing page 39.
< Newer [ 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo