Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Beaver

Real Name Beaver   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Muscular Beaver
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 28, 2002, 23:21
Total Comments 1786 (Pro)
User ID 12928

User comment history
< Newer [ 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ] Older >

News Comments > Raimi to Direct Warcraft
30. Re: Raimi to Direct Warcraft Jul 22, 2009, 12:34 Muscular Beaver

Have you ever actually read the WoW lore or know any of it? It's far more interesting than Diablo by far..

I read it more than enough times and its a fucking joke. So many childish story moments, for example when Arthas turns into the Lich King because he wants revenge at all costs. Reminds me of comic book stories without any logic or dramatically overdone human emotions. The whole Warcraft setting isnt really made for a good story.
However, their intro movies are fucking awesome and you could actually think that the games would reach that level when you first see them, but the games dont even come close to the awesomeness of their movies. The only games that came close to their intros and cutscenes were Diablo 1 & 2. And that was Blizzard Norths accomplishment (completely different development team than warcraft and starcraft). Go figure.

Yeah, its really superior to the mature and far more realistic Diablo setting and story (have you actually read the Diablo story that came with the first game and the novels?)...

This comment was edited on Jul 22, 2009, 12:37.

Oh that is so lame... You will PAY for your use of inappropriate dialogue!
- Mojo Jojo
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > No PC Dante's Inferno
23. Re: No PC Dante's Inferno Jul 21, 2009, 06:52 Muscular Beaver

Fuck that...it's gotten to the point where a developer can port a game from one platform to another without much derivation in gameplay. Frankly, I'm rather glad the era of PC-exclusives is more or less passed. There's no sense or point in it anymore.

WTF? Looks like the decline of intelligence is also getting worse and worse.
Seriously, stupid posts like that have been pretty common on BN lately...

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Valve on Community Funding
12. Re: Valve on Community Funding Jul 20, 2009, 18:13 Muscular Beaver

I wonder how many truly realize the irony when Gabe says 'copy-protection is a step in the wrong direction' while selling games on Steam... a service that is nothing more than a glorified, copy-protection, DRM platform.

Yeah, they already sound like politicians.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Remedy on Max Payne 3
14. Re: Remedy on Max Payne 3 Jul 17, 2009, 15:19 Muscular Beaver

Fixed.

LOL, I thought I know who wrote this. Typical childish mentality that is mostly found in the WoW forums. I remembered who I called that before and oh surprise, its indeed Verno.
Youre so predictable.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising in October
6. Re: Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising in October Jul 17, 2009, 11:52 Muscular Beaver

Yeah, this plays like the typical arcade console shooter. ArmA 2 has nothing to fear at all.  

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Remedy on Max Payne 3
6. Re: Remedy on Max Payne 3 Jul 17, 2009, 11:50 Muscular Beaver

lol, when I read Sam I thought they were talking about Sam Fisher, who looked almost identical to the new Max Payne in Double Agent.  

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > ARMA II Diary Movie
5. Re: ARMA II Diary Movie Jul 17, 2009, 07:09 Muscular Beaver

Lol, I like how he explains it for the people who never played a complex game like this.
"It's going to be very hard because, I'm alone against a large squad"
"I need to be extremely cautious"
"I'm continually using the alt key to scan the surrounding environment"
"Oh, I run into open field and they instantly killed me"
etc.
rofl...

I kinda have the feeling that he is trying to explain the complexity of this game to all the idiots who dont even closely understand the complexity and then come to the forums and whine about how many "bugs" the game has.

Anyways, the editor is indeed one of the best part of this game. When I am making missions with it I feel like a director and not like some generic map designer with very limited options in other games.

EDIT: Duh, at the end of the video he is even talking it out directly.

This comment was edited on Jul 17, 2009, 07:14.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > PC Alan Wake up to MS
97. Re: PC Alan Wake up to MS Jul 16, 2009, 11:31 Muscular Beaver

All these negative examples. Without complaining you guys would still sit in your caves and play with stones and your balls.
Also you can say that people who complain a lot and are "never" satisfied are the best directors and QA people. Ive learned it myself.
If youre the Uwe Boll type, then so be it. Actually quite fitting because youre as ignorant as him.

People who complain are there for a very good reason, and if people start to bash them just for that... sorry then Ill jump on your generalization bandwagon and say that they are the kind of people who would be the first to remove the right of free speech if they had the power to do so.
I know these kind of people very well. Zero tolerance, they think they are a superior being and are ignorant as fuck. And funnily, I see most of these attributes in your posts.
Good night.

- Mojo Jojo

92. Re: PC Alan Wake up to MS Jul 16, 2009, 09:43 Muscular Beaver

Time to find something new to do. I suggest knitting. Maybe fingerpainting.

Im not desperate for new hobbies because it doesnt mean that I dont get any joy out of a hobby if I criticize it. Dont need to be an ignorant fanboy/prick to enjoy something. I also already have my car that is pretty time and money consuming. I would still do something very different if I needed a new one. Like RC aircraft models or a dog or something like that. But thanks anyways for the suggestions that came to your mind.

This comment was edited on Jul 16, 2009, 09:48.

- Mojo Jojo

88. Re: PC Alan Wake up to MS Jul 16, 2009, 02:49 Muscular Beaver

Games are the only reason I use Windows and not Linux. Just keep going, MS.
Oh and no, I wont buy ANY console (and surely not an Xbox). I would rather stop playing games all together

This comment was edited on Jul 16, 2009, 02:52.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Max Payne 3 in 2010
5. Re: Max Payne 3 in 2010 Jul 14, 2009, 17:32 Muscular Beaver

Who cares. That game doesnt look like Max Payne anyways.
Max Payne was always about dark and depressing scenes in a major city. This looks more like the real FarCry 2 with John McClane or Tropico gone FPS.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Alpha Protocol Preorders: PC Screwed Again
15. Re: Alpha Protocol Preorders: PC Screwed Again Jul 11, 2009, 03:24 Muscular Beaver

No but keyboard + mouse + sofa = fail

You can use console controllers on the PC too. I have a xbox360 one that I rarely use. Only bought it for the unlikely situation that I want to play that crappy console port with fucked up PC controls at all costs.

This comment was edited on Jul 11, 2009, 03:24.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Alpha Protocol Preorders: PC Screwed Again
6. Re: Alpha Protocol Preorders: PC Screwed Again Jul 10, 2009, 19:54 Muscular Beaver

And when the sales are low on the PC, they are going to blame pirates again.  

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > New MechWarrior
22. Re: New MechWarrior Jul 9, 2009, 13:40 Muscular Beaver

space captain,
so whats that supposed to mean? If its a sim you can learn and master those skills yourself. Dont need some stupid RPG shit for that. Only if its going to be some dumbed down console crap with auto aiming and shit you would need something like that. Or if it would be a combat system like in MMOs.
Do you want a MW thats like that? I dont.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > German Counter-Strike LAN Ban
10. Re: German Counter-Strike LAN Ban Jul 8, 2009, 12:55 Muscular Beaver

Its getting worse and worse each day.
The funny thing is, in the same county the LAN should have happened, will be held a shooting match with 14 year olds, which of course will not be canceled. The LAN was adults only (18+). So they are actually saying that games are more dangerous to adults than guns to minors. Think about that...

Its also not just games, they are trying to censor and control everything harder, especially the Internet as a whole.
There have already been issued new laws to initiate that.

Personally I think they are afraid of their citizens and simply want to hold them as calm and as controlled as possible. Maybe after the elections, which are in September, they will stop, but I doubt it.
The worst thing though is that the majority of the people supports these ideas and laws.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > On Alan Wake 2 PC
43. Re: On Alan Wake 2 PC Jul 8, 2009, 04:49 Muscular Beaver

Yeah, you just need to look at the gameplay and everyone not as stupid as a rock instantly notices that its developed for consoles.
No real loss for the PC, though it could have been so much more if it was developed for the PC - like so many, many games nowadays.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > LucasArts Classic Rereleases
49. Re: LucasArts Classic Rereleases Jul 6, 2009, 17:18 Muscular Beaver

I would pay $500 for all those together if they were redone with just new engines. Especially The Dig, Loom and Indy 3 & 4 (would pay $1000 if the whole X-Wing series was included too).
But since I hope they will some day actually be remade, I wont play them with the old engine anymore. I want to remember them as they were. Such old games look horrible and not nearly as remembered on modern monitors.
Now, the Monkey Island remake I will gladly buy.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > StarCraft II Interview
13. Re: StarCraft II Interview Jul 4, 2009, 02:50 Muscular Beaver

Here in Europe you get a good gaming rig that is able to run Crysis in high settings on 1680x1050 for 500 Euros. I am willing to bet its about $500 in the US too, if not less. The prices have been very low for quite some years now.

I really dont accept the cost argument anymore because its simply not valid especially with console games costing more and consoles being optional while every household should have a PC anyways (and prolly already has one and thus saving up to a few hundred bucks because you dont need to upgrade every component).

This comment was edited on Jul 4, 2009, 03:02.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > ARMA II Diary Movie
26. Re: ARMA II Diary Movie Jul 3, 2009, 02:30 Muscular Beaver

Part of the problem with the Arma community is American players (some of the most selfish and childish gamers on the planet). As a general rule I recommend gaming with Brits, or other Europeans if you are looking for quality players. They generally are better team players and more polite and humble.

Thats a myth.
I have to play on European servers most of the time. While of course the ArmA/OFP community is far more mature than the say CoD4 community, its still much more filled with arrogant, elitist and idiot players than any American servers I join when I play with my friends in America.
Thats also the reason I ALWAYS chose American MMO servers. I had such bad experiences with European ones...

Brits and Germans (I am German) are the worst of all. Swedish guys and some other northern ones are actually ok.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Blizzard's Cataclysm TMs
39. Re: Blizzard's Cataclysm TMs Jul 2, 2009, 04:42 Muscular Beaver

LOL so you're one of those people.

Are you seriously judging people who dont like what you like?
And even if so, its obvious that its a huge break from the old style. Even you cant deny that.
I mean, just look at the screenshots, if you have played WoW for just a bit you should notice that at least the ground textures look almost exactly like those in WoW.

- Mojo Jojo

1786 Comments. 90 pages. Viewing page 38.
< Newer [ 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo