Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Beaver

Real Name Beaver   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Muscular Beaver
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 28, 2002, 23:21
Total Comments 1790 (Pro)
User ID 12928

User comment history
< Newer [ 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ] Older >

News Comments > On Modern Warfare 2 Pricing
28. Re: On Modern Warfare 2 Pricing Aug 19, 2009, 04:01 Muscular Beaver

Doesnt surprise me at all. If you looked the crap Activision Blizzard pulled in the last few years, you should have come to the conclusion that they can press any politics on their gamers without fearing much, because they have so fucking many zombie fanboys that even defend such harsh moves and provide free and lots of hype.

This game will still go like hot cakes.

This comment was edited on Aug 19, 2009, 04:03.

Oh that is so lame... You will PAY for your use of inappropriate dialogue!
- Mojo Jojo
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Elder Scrolls 5 Reassurances
14. Re: Elder Scrolls 5 Reassurances Aug 18, 2009, 03:13 Muscular Beaver

Actually I wonder why they never made a MMO out of it.
The atmosphere was always sterile and couldnt keep me playing because of that (except in dungeons and similar).
That low atmosphere and open world however is perfect for a MMO.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > ARMA II Mod Tools
12. Re: ARMA II Mod Tools Aug 14, 2009, 19:16 Muscular Beaver

These games are some of the most modded titles ever. Hundreds of units, vehicles, missions, scripts released. For the fans the mod tools are about as important as the game itself.
Its no wonder. Its really fun to make missions and feel like a director because of all the possibilities. Ive never seen missions that needed so much beta testing like those made with BIS games. Not because of the bugs, but because of the fucking 200 ways to finish them. And thats also why I understand they will never be able to make a relatively bug free game with such a small team.

Its also awesome to see your own created aircraft or vehicles in such a beautiful environment. I would love to recreate some nice places in Germany as island for ArmA 2, but I just cant find proper topographical info for free, and it would be a fucking huge project, since I dont do half-assed things and would want to recreate even the smallest details.
Still, I think some day I will do it.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > ARMA II Operation Arrowhead Announced
24. Re: ARMA II Operation Arrowhead Announced Aug 13, 2009, 17:04 Muscular Beaver

Even with my mid-sized rig (4 GHz E8400, GTX 260, 4 GB) I can play that game fine at almost all settings on high. I have post processing disabled because I dislike it on most games, but every else is pretty much on high IIRC. At 1680x1050.
Might wanna try adding these parameters to the executable:
-cpucount=2 (or 4 if you have a quad core) -nosplash -noCB -maxmem=2047 -winxp
Most people get up to 33% more FPS with those.

This comment was edited on Aug 13, 2009, 17:13.

- Mojo Jojo

13. Re: ARMA II Operation Arrowhead Announced Aug 13, 2009, 14:20 Muscular Beaver

They added the fixes with a patch and even added some vehicles and weapons for free. But no sane fan would have missed Resistance anyways, because it had so many improvements and content.  

- Mojo Jojo

10. Re: ARMA II Operation Arrowhead Announced Aug 13, 2009, 13:59 Muscular Beaver

Looks like people here never played Resistance. Resistance was an expansion, but it fixed so many bugs that OFP was finally 100% enjoyable. So maybe you guys will notice that making an expansion doesnt mean that you dont keep fixing things. People should really know BIS by now...

No DRM, no DLC and awesome support. One of the last few true PC developers left, even though they dont have lots of money and manpower, they are still trying their best.
Cant wait for this expansion. Hopefully it wont be the last and hopefully one of them can top Resistance. Would be cool to get a graphics update in a few years, just like in Resistance. Though, I dont really know what you could improve in that aspect.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Natural Selection 2 Animation [Updated]
5. Re: Natural Selection 2 Trailer Aug 7, 2009, 03:44 Muscular Beaver

Its prolly going to be very good at the start, but I fear that it will be "balanced" to death like the first part.  

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Manual ARMA II Patch
6. Re: Manual ARMA II Patch Aug 6, 2009, 15:08 Muscular Beaver

ROFL. This game is by far the best PC game for quite some time IMO. It actually deserves the title PC game. The servers are frequented very well and there is no fucking sign whatsoever that this game is dead or whatever.

Gotta love those "I dont play it, so it must be dead and bad" comments. Pure ignorance and arrogance. Thanks for letting us know.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > X-Wing, TIE Fighter Teases
1. Re: X-Wing, Tie Fighter Teases Aug 4, 2009, 13:00 Muscular Beaver

WHAT?
*heartattack*

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines Patch
4. Re: Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines Patch Jul 31, 2009, 11:49 Muscular Beaver

Did they ever fix the sound bugs?  

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Ultima Online Free Expansion and Free Trial
6. Re: Ultima Online Free Expansion and Free Trial Jul 29, 2009, 18:42 Muscular Beaver

Haha UO was awesome. I remember being stripped clean by thieves while standing at the bank, PKed until I had no equipment left to put on, killed by guards for defending myself and one time when I went to my girlfriend for a few days and came back my fucking house was gone and all my items lay on the ground, mostly already picked up by passing people.

Still, I loved that game. In a lot of aspects the freedom and possibilities are still unsurpassed.

This comment was edited on Jul 29, 2009, 18:42.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > WoW Sales Wow
10. Re: WoW Sales Wow Jul 29, 2009, 15:54 Muscular Beaver

Never thought I would say it, but I agree with you Verno.

I notice on me and my friends when we play an MMO, we wont ever buy or play any other game while we still have fun with that MMO.
I actually missed quite a few good games in the last 5 years because of that and I am still trying to find all of them.

This comment was edited on Jul 29, 2009, 15:56.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > WoW Sales Wow
3. Re: WoW sales Wow Jul 29, 2009, 14:16 Muscular Beaver

In January [2008], Blizzard said it had more than 2 million subscribers in Europe, 2.5 million in North America and approximately 5.5 million in Asia.

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/20081223/world-warcraft.htm
They sold 8.6 million and only 2.5-3.5 million still play?

This comment was edited on Jul 29, 2009, 14:19.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Ubisoft's Anti-Piracy Plans
41. Re: Ubisoft's Anti-Piracy Plans Jul 28, 2009, 14:13 Muscular Beaver

(except keeping the redneck boy without Internet in Oklahoma from copying his friends DVD

Hey!

nin, are we taking this? We're not taking this, are we?

:-fumes-:

You have no friends, so I am not talking about you.

This comment was edited on Jul 28, 2009, 14:13.

- Mojo Jojo

31. Re: Ubisoft's Anti-Piracy Plans Jul 28, 2009, 13:24 Muscular Beaver

1. take a course on corparate finance
2. check the 5y stock performance on any large game company
i.e
http://finance.yahoo.com/echarts?s=ERTS#symbol=ERTS;range=5y
http://finance.yahoo.com/echarts?s=UBI.PA#symbol=UBI.PA;range=5y
3. get a f....ing clue.

Are you implying that that huge drop last year was caused by pirates?
Please dont.

- Mojo Jojo

30. Re: Ubisoft's Anti-Piracy Plans Jul 28, 2009, 13:17 Muscular Beaver

I honestly dont think publishers are that stupid to not see that copy protections dont do shit (except keeping the redneck boy without Internet in Oklahoma from copying his friends DVD.
Its the investors that need to be calmed with something like that. I think most publishers have a huge fear that investors and shareholder could jump off when they would all of the sudden announce that they dont protect their games anymore.

- Mojo Jojo

17. Re: Ubisoft's Anti-Piracy Plans Jul 28, 2009, 11:21 Muscular Beaver

Nobody wants arty games anymore, because nobody remembers how awesome they can be.
I actually wanted to be a game developer some time ago, but honestly, right now I cant really imagine being creative with such restrictions. It would probably be like hell dreaming about the perfect game and then suddenly getting a hammer on the head by the publisher.

This comment was edited on Jul 28, 2009, 11:22.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Dead Space Trilogy?
3. Re: Dead Space Trilogy? Jul 27, 2009, 11:12 Muscular Beaver

I think I read somewhere that the following Dead Space games wont be released for the PC.  

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > ARMA II Diary Movies
19. Re: ARMA II Diary Movies Jul 27, 2009, 10:28 Muscular Beaver

I played single player and will again if they release an expansion or some good player made missions will be released.
But right now only multiplayer and the mission editor are all I need.

I saw some bugs, but after 1.02 most of them are gone and they were never really severe before that (the worst was that I had to reload or restart a mission because, as in ArmA and OFP, some script messed up or an AI didnt take the route that he was probably supposed to take. Some of them were also caused by me because for example I thought the AI wouldnt be that smart (they can also hear and communicate with each other and dont always stand there around the corner and wait for you to shoot em).
Most of those bugs actually reminded me of other games that people claim to be polished. So, I really dont see what the fuss is all about.

Of course its not polished well, but seriously, how many that complex games have you played in the recent past? Developed by such a small developer?
Normally I am a perfectionist, but here I cant understand at all why so many people whine about it. I guess they never played OFP or ArmA and never liked those either. ArmA 2 is actually far more polished than OFP or ArmA were at their release. So to say that they didnt learn is nothing more than ignorant bashing. As I said before in some thread, people seem to be too used to dumbed down console ports with overly simple controls, AI that is completely predictable and then expect all that from a simulator like ArmA2. I remember one guy from my last LAN that instantly uninstalled it after being shot in the back while sprinting over a field without cover. His exact words were "WTF this shit game is cheating".
One of them even whined about the random aspects the game had. He failed one mission and then tried to outflank the AIs that killed him before, but they were randomly placed and were at a different position than last time and he died again to them because he tried to play this game like a generic shooter. God was he mad at the game for that...

Arma2 is what.. the 3rd iteration of the same product, on the same code base - by now it should be rock solid.

More ignorance. It was rewritten and only parts were imported, and if you ever had something to do with software, you would know that even importing parts of old software and use it in new versions can be a disaster and needs much work to run properly.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > ARMA II Diary Movies
3. Re: ARMA II Diary Movies Jul 26, 2009, 15:37 Muscular Beaver

This game is really awesome. IMO the best game since 2 years. Actually more because I finally found a game again that I can play regularly in multiplayer.
The bugs are overhyped and that "argument" is really getting old...

- Mojo Jojo

1790 Comments. 90 pages. Viewing page 37.
< Newer [ 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo