Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Beaver

Real Name Beaver   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Muscular Beaver
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 28, 2002, 23:21
Total Comments 1781 (Pro)
User ID 12928

User comment history
< Newer [ 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ] Older >

News Comments > Mass Effect Pinnacle Station DLC Live
11. Re: Mass Effect Pinnacle Station DLC Live Aug 25, 2009, 16:11 Muscular Beaver

Why wouldn't Bioware want a huge mod community making great mods for their game?

Because it was a fucking console port.

Oh that is so lame... You will PAY for your use of inappropriate dialogue!
- Mojo Jojo
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Mass Effect Pinnacle Station DLC Live
1. Re: Mass Effect Pinnacle Station DLC Live Aug 25, 2009, 12:10 Muscular Beaver

The last one was "1 1/2 hours" and actually lasted only 30 mins. So this one will last 1 hour max.
Woohoo...

Seriously, if they do this kind of crap in ME2 (side missions all look the same and only DLC adds a few unique places to it), they can kiss my ass.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > EA VP: Germany Should Drop USK "Censorship"
22. Re: EA VP: Germany Should Drop USK Aug 25, 2009, 09:04 Muscular Beaver

If people dont react on actions (no matter if good or bad - because we learn from both, but especially from bad things) then the species will stagnate and die too.

You obviously dont understand that we need to analyze such things to understand them. Just looking at the result and the nearest cause and reacting to that might be good enough as a 3 year old child in the sand box or for the lion thats hungry and runs off to kill something, or a man that beats his wife because she didnt make him dinner in time, but surely not for a social and complex species like us as a whole.

Bad things are a part of this world, and we learn from them by analyzing them thoroughly. If we dont, they will repeat themselves over and over again. If we keep let that happen, we dont have the right to call us an intelligent and adaptive race.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > EA VP: Germany Should Drop USK "Censorship"
16. Re: EA VP: Germany Should Drop USK Aug 25, 2009, 06:09 Muscular Beaver

Godwins law is thick in this thread.

Godwins law doesnt tell you if something is justified or not. Many Nazi comparisons are justified. By ignoring them completely with a childish "OMG OMG OMG Godwins law, losers!", youre only showing your own inability to think for yourself.

Mashiki Amiketo,
nice to see someone looking at things more objectively. We cant just blame the guy who started all this because bad things are bad. We also have to look at the causes that made him (and many others) do that.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > StarCraft II LAN Still a Possibility
29. Re: StarCraft II LAN Still a Possibility Aug 24, 2009, 06:00 Muscular Beaver

No, it didnt scale much (if at all) on Delta.
Crysis' AI really is horrible. Sure it was sometimes hard if you got flanked by a squad that you didnt notice in all that green, but all in all the AI was very bad. If I would see someone vanish right in front of me, I would just spray and pray. They didnt do that at all. They just kept going in your direction and waiting to get their head shot etc without even taking cover or suppressing fire on their way...
And if the helos really had IR, they would see you through leaves of trees and bushes. But they dont.
The AI was so bad that I actually never tried to use all the terrain for tactics, because I knew it would be overkill anyways.

Still I thought it was entertaining, albeit far too short.

Believe it or not, some people like Crysis and Mass Effect, because we don't feel the need to crucify everything solely because it's a console port or because it doesn't meet some nostalgia-filter-colored bias about how much better gaming supposedly was X number of years ago.

Oh, I DO know that there are lots of such people. But thats the problem, my friend. Thats the problem.
People like those drag down the quality of PC games. Crysis was far too short, didnt nearly use its potential and Mass Effect was an extremely dumbed down RPG and very justified called a typical console port. Even the levels and enemies all looked the same and it barely had 1/3 of the duration of KotoR (if you could actually keep playing all the side missions and didnt die of boredom while doing so).

If more people would criticize those points they would actually be fixed. But as along as there are people who swallow everything as shallow as a puddle, as long as it has a Blizzard, Bioware or Crytek tag, it will only get worse.
Its not nostalgia, as so many ignorants try to call it. Its fact that many, many game that are 10 years old have far more content, more challenging gameplay and still the same (if not better) gameplay than modern games.
Thats the sad part. If you look at games like Baldur's Gate and then think about games that were there 10 years before it, you wont come to the conclusion that there were better games.

Progress in PC games (gameplay and quality-wise) has halted. Its simply not getting any better. It actually got worse.

This comment was edited on Aug 24, 2009, 06:21.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Sell Your StarCraft II Maps
27. Re: Sell Your StarCraft II Maps Aug 23, 2009, 04:14 Muscular Beaver

Aside from all this bullshit, maps would be the least of all I would pay money for. Not because all of them arent worth it but because every time I download maps for RTS games, only like 5% are really worth keeping the thing on my hard drive. You simply cant judge if a map is good just by some screenshots.

I also read somewhere else that Blizzard is going to keep the majority of the money. Only a very small portion is going to the creators of the maps.
FU Blizzard.

This comment was edited on Aug 23, 2009, 04:40.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > New Battle.Net Details
26. Re: New Battle.Net Details Aug 23, 2009, 04:02 Muscular Beaver

Oh my, thanks for the laugh. If Blizzard games aren't good enough for you anymore, it's time to stop calling yourself a PC gamer and move on to other hobbies.

PC gaming is in a decline, if you havent noticed. And if you havent noticed the vast decline of Blizzard (guess you didnt play WoW and havent read many news lately), then I cant really do anything else to make you see it.
Ignorance is bliss, I guess. Seriously, I wish I was that ignorant.

So you'll put up with Live, Steam, and Social C, but Blizzard is not good enough for you? Man you're messed up.

Yes I am really messed up because I have a different taste than you.
I should really kill myself for not being on your "level".

This comment was edited on Aug 23, 2009, 04:17.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > New Battle.Net Details
14. Re: New Battle.Net Details Aug 22, 2009, 09:54 Muscular Beaver

So these are the super mega uber features that are so innovative and awesome that LAN becomes obsolete and everyone will only want to play over the Battlenet 2.0?

Stuff that was free before and now costs something and everyone is happy about it, while Blizzard is getting fees for every sold map?
Suuure... Unbelievable how audacious Blizzard has become since WoW...

Right now I have to battle with Social Club, Steam and Games for Windows Live to play certain games and you want me to use another one of those bloated POS?
Sorry, I (and my PC) wont deal with something like this again. Your games are not good enough anymore to warrant another of those annoy-wares, Blizztard. Not even if its implemented in every title.

Go release your games on the consoles if you want something like that.

This comment was edited on Aug 22, 2009, 09:55.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Blizzard Release Plans, SC2 Beta This Year
9. Re: SC2 Beta This Year Aug 21, 2009, 18:18 Muscular Beaver

A game that looks like THAT in 2011??

Yeah, right.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > New Mass Effect DLC?
1. Re: New Mass Effect DLC? Aug 21, 2009, 04:34 Muscular Beaver

Nice, another 30 mins of gameplay that makes me keep that game on my HD for ages and then just causes disappointment and makes me lose the connection to my char.

Oh wait, I already sold this pos DRM infested console port anyways.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > More on Natural Selection 2
5. Re: More on Natural Selection 2 Aug 21, 2009, 04:27 Muscular Beaver

I liked the differing RTSesque styles between Marines and Aliens...

I agree completely. Its a shame they are doing it this way.

But I guess it was due to balancing issues. The last versions of NS1 were horribly balanced.
On the other hand I doubt highly that they are going back to the game style that caused games to last for hours and marines really had to wait quite a while before they got upgrades and started to plow through aliens.
They are prolly getting upgrades very soon and start owning aliens right away, like in the later versions.
That would suck.

However, its nice to see that they stay close to the old art style. It was perfect already. Felt a bit like youre in the Alien universe, and still was very funny without taking away parts of the atmosphere.

This comment was edited on Aug 21, 2009, 04:31.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > On Modern Warfare 2 Pricing
28. Re: On Modern Warfare 2 Pricing Aug 19, 2009, 04:01 Muscular Beaver

Doesnt surprise me at all. If you looked the crap Activision Blizzard pulled in the last few years, you should have come to the conclusion that they can press any politics on their gamers without fearing much, because they have so fucking many zombie fanboys that even defend such harsh moves and provide free and lots of hype.

This game will still go like hot cakes.

This comment was edited on Aug 19, 2009, 04:03.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Elder Scrolls 5 Reassurances
14. Re: Elder Scrolls 5 Reassurances Aug 18, 2009, 03:13 Muscular Beaver

Actually I wonder why they never made a MMO out of it.
The atmosphere was always sterile and couldnt keep me playing because of that (except in dungeons and similar).
That low atmosphere and open world however is perfect for a MMO.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > ARMA II Mod Tools
12. Re: ARMA II Mod Tools Aug 14, 2009, 19:16 Muscular Beaver

These games are some of the most modded titles ever. Hundreds of units, vehicles, missions, scripts released. For the fans the mod tools are about as important as the game itself.
Its no wonder. Its really fun to make missions and feel like a director because of all the possibilities. Ive never seen missions that needed so much beta testing like those made with BIS games. Not because of the bugs, but because of the fucking 200 ways to finish them. And thats also why I understand they will never be able to make a relatively bug free game with such a small team.

Its also awesome to see your own created aircraft or vehicles in such a beautiful environment. I would love to recreate some nice places in Germany as island for ArmA 2, but I just cant find proper topographical info for free, and it would be a fucking huge project, since I dont do half-assed things and would want to recreate even the smallest details.
Still, I think some day I will do it.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > ARMA II Operation Arrowhead Announced
24. Re: ARMA II Operation Arrowhead Announced Aug 13, 2009, 17:04 Muscular Beaver

Even with my mid-sized rig (4 GHz E8400, GTX 260, 4 GB) I can play that game fine at almost all settings on high. I have post processing disabled because I dislike it on most games, but every else is pretty much on high IIRC. At 1680x1050.
Might wanna try adding these parameters to the executable:
-cpucount=2 (or 4 if you have a quad core) -nosplash -noCB -maxmem=2047 -winxp
Most people get up to 33% more FPS with those.

This comment was edited on Aug 13, 2009, 17:13.

- Mojo Jojo

13. Re: ARMA II Operation Arrowhead Announced Aug 13, 2009, 14:20 Muscular Beaver

They added the fixes with a patch and even added some vehicles and weapons for free. But no sane fan would have missed Resistance anyways, because it had so many improvements and content.  

- Mojo Jojo

10. Re: ARMA II Operation Arrowhead Announced Aug 13, 2009, 13:59 Muscular Beaver

Looks like people here never played Resistance. Resistance was an expansion, but it fixed so many bugs that OFP was finally 100% enjoyable. So maybe you guys will notice that making an expansion doesnt mean that you dont keep fixing things. People should really know BIS by now...

No DRM, no DLC and awesome support. One of the last few true PC developers left, even though they dont have lots of money and manpower, they are still trying their best.
Cant wait for this expansion. Hopefully it wont be the last and hopefully one of them can top Resistance. Would be cool to get a graphics update in a few years, just like in Resistance. Though, I dont really know what you could improve in that aspect.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Natural Selection 2 Animation [Updated]
5. Re: Natural Selection 2 Trailer Aug 7, 2009, 03:44 Muscular Beaver

Its prolly going to be very good at the start, but I fear that it will be "balanced" to death like the first part.  

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Manual ARMA II Patch
6. Re: Manual ARMA II Patch Aug 6, 2009, 15:08 Muscular Beaver

ROFL. This game is by far the best PC game for quite some time IMO. It actually deserves the title PC game. The servers are frequented very well and there is no fucking sign whatsoever that this game is dead or whatever.

Gotta love those "I dont play it, so it must be dead and bad" comments. Pure ignorance and arrogance. Thanks for letting us know.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > X-Wing, TIE Fighter Teases
1. Re: X-Wing, Tie Fighter Teases Aug 4, 2009, 13:00 Muscular Beaver

WHAT?
*heartattack*

- Mojo Jojo

1781 Comments. 90 pages. Viewing page 36.
< Newer [ 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo