Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Beaver

Real Name Beaver   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Muscular Beaver
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 28, 2002, 23:21
Total Comments 1776 (Pro)
User ID 12928

User comment history
< Newer [ 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Hardware Survey Results
33. Re: Steam Hardware Survey Results Sep 1, 2009, 17:00 Muscular Beaver

Real PC gamers use CRTs because they have higher refresh rates and no shitty resolution scaling

I recently switched back to CRT from several TN and S-PVA screens and all I can say is wow... Seriously, I can actually see things around me happening again because I dont have that stupid LCD motion blur. And black is an actual black again!
Oh yeah, and I can play with vsync enabled with 100 fps! Woot! Its so fucking smooth. I doubt I will switch to LCD again.

This comment was edited on Sep 1, 2009, 17:02.

Oh that is so lame... You will PAY for your use of inappropriate dialogue!
- Mojo Jojo
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Blizzard on the Business of Battle.net
21. Re: Blizzard on the Business of Battle.net Aug 31, 2009, 14:27 Muscular Beaver

Well you don't like having multiple platforms, you said it yourself. The alternative is having a single platform in that case. Something tells me you wouldn't like that side of things either if you have a problem with a company like Blizzard who provides plenty of value for their consumers. I guess my point is to be careful what you wish for.

Damn, and I thought the PC was a single platform.
You got me there! I run out and buy me a console now! Later!

- Mojo Jojo

19. Re: Blizzard on the Business of Battle.net Aug 31, 2009, 14:15 Muscular Beaver

The alternative is an Xbox 360 or PS3. I thought PC gamers liked having choice. Just admit that you're cheap and move on with your life. God forbid someone charge for their hard work, geez the box sale should let me play online for eternity! Look at how well that works out with EA games online.

Your definition of alternative is flawed I think.
And I dont think I ever said that I want to play online for just the box sale. I wouldnt be playing an MMO for $15 a month if I did, I think.

CRITICS ARE BAD! We have to love and eat everything thrown at us!

- Mojo Jojo

17. Re: Blizzard on the Business of Battle.net Aug 31, 2009, 14:09 Muscular Beaver

I'm looking forward to Google's OS tho.
But Blizzard games dont run on it.

- Mojo Jojo

13. Re: Blizzard on the Business of Battle.net Aug 31, 2009, 14:03 Muscular Beaver

Gotta do things the hard way son!! Who needs integrated game joining and all of that new generation laziness? In my day we walked our packets back and forth to each other across the tundra, ravaged by wolves and tribal warriors who stole our 30 digit ICQ numbers. You youngsters, paying for your convenience and value, didn't momma teach ya everything on da PC be 4 free? Rolleyes

Indeed. I love having zillions of Steam-like platforms. Too bad that they cant communicate with each other. Oh man, maybe we will get the publishers to all work together and get us our beloved super duper hyper go go platform so we dont need anything at all! A unified publisher OS would be even cooler than a Blizzard OS! We would never have to switch tasks again! No more having to see the stupid desktop! Fuck Firefox and Email. Only commercial banners! Game worlds! OMG! Ultimate gaming platform!

- Mojo Jojo

10. Re: Blizzard on the Business of Battle.net Aug 31, 2009, 13:56 Muscular Beaver

Some people like to play in full-screen mode.
Yeah and with the new improved battlenet I still have to switch tasks for a webbrowser and normal IMs (if you have friends outside WoW, D3, SC2).
But maybe if you grovel long enough they will add that too and some day we might even have a Blizzard OS! That would be cool, wouldnt it?

- Mojo Jojo

5. Re: Blizzard on the Business of Battle.net Aug 31, 2009, 13:37 Muscular Beaver

I have only positive things to say about Battle.net. I like the cross-game communication system letting you talk to friends in Diablo 3 from WOW, or StarCraft 2. You say "hi!" from WOW to your friend in Diablo 3. Your friend replies, "Hey man! I need help with this boss. Want to help?" You reply "Sure!" and you switch over to your friend's location. Very cool stuff.

OMG! Youre right! I couldnt do that with [enter random IM name here]!!!
Now I can finally uninstall that stupid [enter random IM name here]!!!
Oh wait, I have friends outside of Blizzard games, too. Woot, who cares, I like having a bazillion IMs on my PC.

This comment was edited on Aug 31, 2009, 13:38.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising Co-op Trailer
29. Re: Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising Co-op Trailer Aug 31, 2009, 13:30 Muscular Beaver

Oh, Im sorry.
Next time Ill remember to add the context a few times just for you.
But yeah you still can do that. Black against a black sky is kinda what the predator does, Verno. But if Arnold had a radar, the Predator would have been dead meat in the first few mins of the movie. Now, that wouldnt have been nice, would it?

This comment was edited on Aug 31, 2009, 13:31.

- Mojo Jojo

27. Re: Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising Co-op Trailer Aug 31, 2009, 11:06 Muscular Beaver

Not too long ago NATO was bombing Serbia into submission, when apparently a random AA shell downed a F-117 Stealth Fighter

An AA shell? It was a missile. And It wasnt random at all. The "fighter" was located through very long radar wavelengths (normally obsolete since the 60s).
Stealth technology doesnt make you completely invisible.

But I am getting your point.

Even if he killed that helicopter with an M249, if helicopters get shot down, the rotors dont suddenly stop from one second to another in the air. Much less if the pilot is sniped.

This comment was edited on Aug 31, 2009, 11:19.

- Mojo Jojo

22. Re: Evening Consolidation Aug 31, 2009, 02:58 Muscular Beaver

OMG born2whine you are so full of yourself you make me sick.
to cater to the 12yr old tea baggers.

Looks like someone hit the nail on the head.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Massive Ad Deal
32. Re: EA's Massive Ad Deal Aug 30, 2009, 06:35 Muscular Beaver

and then account for inflation, we should be paying 90 dollars a game or so right now (what Europe and other areas are paying actually).

We dont pay that much here... yet. We pay like $60-70.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising Interview, Movie
11. Re: Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising Interview, Movie Aug 27, 2009, 10:58 Muscular Beaver

Oh, I am sure you will like it. Its even worse than BF2.

Sorry to hear that ArmA killed your hamster/girl friend/mother/ego.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising Interview, Movie
9. Re: Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising Interview, Movie Aug 27, 2009, 03:35 Muscular Beaver

Apparently we have DangerDog the famous psychic visiting the website. He can gaze into his crystal ball and make uninformed guesses that are right 42% of the time.

You know, there was recently something called Gamescom where they showed the game. Even if youve only seen the videos, you should have noticed that this wont even nearly be the promised military sim. Maybe, just maybe, it will be a shallow tactical shooter, if they work really hard in the last month before release.

Ones for sure already: It will be the typical lackluster console port.
But even for a console game it looked really bad.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > BioWare: Dragon Age Lasts Over 120 Hours
20. Re: BioWare: Dragon Age Lasts Over 120 Hours Aug 25, 2009, 16:35 Muscular Beaver

NO ONE goes all 120 hours, there isn't a game around that can keep you interested for 120 hours unless its an MMO.

Im pretty sure I had almost that much in Baldur's Gate and it was nowhere near being boring.
Still I doubt that they will reach games like BG again. I am pretty sure, if the 120 hrs are really the case, then its probably lots of repeating crap.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > New Qtracker
1. Re: New Qtracker Aug 25, 2009, 16:16 Muscular Beaver

How I wish PC MP gaming would have stopped right here.
Now we have bloatware from each and every publisher/developer. Blizzard being the newest...

It was so cool and easy to just start my ASE/GS3D/QTracker and choose the game I want to play and be on the chosen server 10 secs later...

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Mass Effect Pinnacle Station DLC Live
11. Re: Mass Effect Pinnacle Station DLC Live Aug 25, 2009, 16:11 Muscular Beaver

Why wouldn't Bioware want a huge mod community making great mods for their game?

Because it was a fucking console port.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Mass Effect Pinnacle Station DLC Live
1. Re: Mass Effect Pinnacle Station DLC Live Aug 25, 2009, 12:10 Muscular Beaver

The last one was "1 1/2 hours" and actually lasted only 30 mins. So this one will last 1 hour max.
Woohoo...

Seriously, if they do this kind of crap in ME2 (side missions all look the same and only DLC adds a few unique places to it), they can kiss my ass.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > EA VP: Germany Should Drop USK "Censorship"
22. Re: EA VP: Germany Should Drop USK Aug 25, 2009, 09:04 Muscular Beaver

If people dont react on actions (no matter if good or bad - because we learn from both, but especially from bad things) then the species will stagnate and die too.

You obviously dont understand that we need to analyze such things to understand them. Just looking at the result and the nearest cause and reacting to that might be good enough as a 3 year old child in the sand box or for the lion thats hungry and runs off to kill something, or a man that beats his wife because she didnt make him dinner in time, but surely not for a social and complex species like us as a whole.

Bad things are a part of this world, and we learn from them by analyzing them thoroughly. If we dont, they will repeat themselves over and over again. If we keep let that happen, we dont have the right to call us an intelligent and adaptive race.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > EA VP: Germany Should Drop USK "Censorship"
16. Re: EA VP: Germany Should Drop USK Aug 25, 2009, 06:09 Muscular Beaver

Godwins law is thick in this thread.

Godwins law doesnt tell you if something is justified or not. Many Nazi comparisons are justified. By ignoring them completely with a childish "OMG OMG OMG Godwins law, losers!", youre only showing your own inability to think for yourself.

Mashiki Amiketo,
nice to see someone looking at things more objectively. We cant just blame the guy who started all this because bad things are bad. We also have to look at the causes that made him (and many others) do that.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > StarCraft II LAN Still a Possibility
29. Re: StarCraft II LAN Still a Possibility Aug 24, 2009, 06:00 Muscular Beaver

No, it didnt scale much (if at all) on Delta.
Crysis' AI really is horrible. Sure it was sometimes hard if you got flanked by a squad that you didnt notice in all that green, but all in all the AI was very bad. If I would see someone vanish right in front of me, I would just spray and pray. They didnt do that at all. They just kept going in your direction and waiting to get their head shot etc without even taking cover or suppressing fire on their way...
And if the helos really had IR, they would see you through leaves of trees and bushes. But they dont.
The AI was so bad that I actually never tried to use all the terrain for tactics, because I knew it would be overkill anyways.

Still I thought it was entertaining, albeit far too short.

Believe it or not, some people like Crysis and Mass Effect, because we don't feel the need to crucify everything solely because it's a console port or because it doesn't meet some nostalgia-filter-colored bias about how much better gaming supposedly was X number of years ago.

Oh, I DO know that there are lots of such people. But thats the problem, my friend. Thats the problem.
People like those drag down the quality of PC games. Crysis was far too short, didnt nearly use its potential and Mass Effect was an extremely dumbed down RPG and very justified called a typical console port. Even the levels and enemies all looked the same and it barely had 1/3 of the duration of KotoR (if you could actually keep playing all the side missions and didnt die of boredom while doing so).

If more people would criticize those points they would actually be fixed. But as along as there are people who swallow everything as shallow as a puddle, as long as it has a Blizzard, Bioware or Crytek tag, it will only get worse.
Its not nostalgia, as so many ignorants try to call it. Its fact that many, many game that are 10 years old have far more content, more challenging gameplay and still the same (if not better) gameplay than modern games.
Thats the sad part. If you look at games like Baldur's Gate and then think about games that were there 10 years before it, you wont come to the conclusion that there were better games.

Progress in PC games (gameplay and quality-wise) has halted. Its simply not getting any better. It actually got worse.

This comment was edited on Aug 24, 2009, 06:21.

- Mojo Jojo

1776 Comments. 89 pages. Viewing page 35.
< Newer [ 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo