Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Beaver

Real Name Beaver   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Muscular Beaver
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 28, 2002, 23:21
Total Comments 1786 (Pro)
User ID 12928

User comment history
< Newer [ 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ] Older >

News Comments > Natural Selection 2 Buoyed by Pre-Sales
2. Re: Natural Selection 2 Buoyed by Pre-Sales Nov 2, 2009, 12:51 Muscular Beaver

Need to know if its NS1 classic gameplay or fucked up patched NS1 gameplay.
Aliens having a commander doesnt sound good at all.

Oh that is so lame... You will PAY for your use of inappropriate dialogue!
- Mojo Jojo
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > WoW Dungeon System Plans
6. Re: New WoW Dungeon System Plans Oct 29, 2009, 12:10 Muscular Beaver

?
PuGs have vastly improved since WotLK. Well they probably didnt, but the instances got a lot easier so even the idiots can complete them now without problems. And if you still have problems, roll a healer. Its the only class with the best possibilities to turn a crap group into a good one.

I kinda like the idea since I always spend at least 30 mins to find a group (most of the time 2+ hours). Maybe then I can finally run a dungeon when I want to.

I just hope they thought about the possible griefing.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Gold - Dragon Age: Origins
34. Re: Gold - Dragon Age: Origins Oct 24, 2009, 09:59 Muscular Beaver

Wait until you get to the ending. I won't spoil it, only to say that it is epic.

Indeed its epic. Epic quickly reached. Unless you are that desperate and and do every single side mission (if youre lucky) before starting the final mission. I tried that once and it felt like a MMO, because everything was the same.
I was unlucky (or lucky?) enough to just do all the main missions after another without being aware of it that that would be the whole game. I always thought "uh, this looks awfully like its going to end soon, but I doubt BioWare would be that stupid to not link side missions with the main story and make this game end after a few hours".
Yeah well, after 2 more hours it was over and I was incredibly annoyed and sad because it had LOTS of potential.

This comment was edited on Oct 24, 2009, 10:00.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Diablo III Mana Replacement Plans & Q&A
22. Re: Diablo III Mana Replacement Plans & Q&A Oct 20, 2009, 08:21 Muscular Beaver

They can because they can.

And at the same time they cut support and QA drastically.
Blizzard - Because We Can!

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > No MW2 Dedicated Server
98. Re: No MW2 Dedicated Server Oct 19, 2009, 02:48 Muscular Beaver

that's evolved considerably.

Nice one Beamer. Really needed that laugh.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Aliens vs. Predator Trailer
17. Re: Aliens vs. Predator Trailer Oct 17, 2009, 05:45 Muscular Beaver

Looks promising, but the animations (still?) look too stiff.  

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > First Borderlands DLC Announced
32. Re: First Borderlands DLC Announced Oct 16, 2009, 04:33 Muscular Beaver

I think we pretty much all concur with that sentiment exactly. This sort of nonsense is indeed ridiculous. Now I hope this game does fail, if only to teach them and other developers a lesson about this sort of nonsense and arrogance.

No worries, the idiot console players will compensate for the sane people who wont support shit like this.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > WoW Accounts to Battle.net Next Month
13. Re: WoW Accounts to Battle.net Next Month Oct 15, 2009, 08:41 Muscular Beaver

So their authenticators for WoW will also be useless after this merge?  

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Dragon Age: Origins Trailer
16. Re: Dragon Age: Origins Trailer Oct 13, 2009, 07:34 Muscular Beaver

That was a Dragon Age trailer? Really?
I thought it was some 300 and LotR scenes mixed together.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Dead Space 2 in Preproduction
4. Re: Dead Space 2 in Preproduction Sep 30, 2009, 11:06 Muscular Beaver

The controls were horrible. I somehow managed to get the controls I want using my very customizable mouse driver.

However, I read somewhere that DS2 wont be released for the PC.
So fuck em.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising Gold, Demo Delay
31. Re: Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising Gold, Demo Delay Sep 26, 2009, 08:31 Muscular Beaver

Then give me a counter-opinion.
Tell which one is better?

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising Gold, Demo Delay
27. Re: Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising Gold, Demo Delay Sep 25, 2009, 03:51 Muscular Beaver

One thing I noticed with such situations is that people always bash the game that is too hard for them.
ArmA 2 is the best military sim out there. Thats a fucking fact no single person out there can deny.
But when you look at posts like here or other forums its always the same troll-arguments. Its funny and very interesting that with BF2 PR its the same thing. People are bashing it for no apparent reason. Just some things they heard somewhere or minor problems that they turn into an elephant. The worst thing is that developers sometimes try to please even these guys. And that means dumbing down gameplay by a lot.

This comment was edited on Sep 25, 2009, 04:03.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Steam Top Ten
8. Re: Steam Top Ten Sep 20, 2009, 14:29 Muscular Beaver

People are still buying Counterstrike Source? Why then, if there are a steady influx of noobs to that game, do I get owned so completely whenever I log on?

Nah, its cheaters that get banned and have to buy a new one.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Diablo III Interview
12. Re: Diablo III Interview Sep 20, 2009, 04:14 Muscular Beaver

They just have the biggest zombie army of fanboys. Even more so since WoW.

This "endless iteration" is poison for good gameplay in WoW, btw. There will never be even a nearly good balance in PvP because of it. They put things in, even though in theory they already fail. No, they have to "test" it for months on live servers anyways, then see it indeed fails, remove it again after a year (or leave it in there and remove/nerf other approved things), then add other bullshit like it and so start the cycle again.
Not only do classes change a lot and many people at some point feel that it isnt the class anymore that they choose at the beginning, but also there will always be classes that completely dominate most of the other classes because of this crap.

But I could also imagine very well that they do that on purpose to keep people switching classes in frustration. They know very well how addicted and uncritical many of their players are and that they will rather switch classes all the time than quit the game.

This comment was edited on Sep 20, 2009, 04:32.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Red Faction: Guerrilla
37. Re: RF: Guerrilla Ships Sep 19, 2009, 10:02 Muscular Beaver

I havent played it but judging from videos I would say its a cheap FarCry 2 on Mars plus 3rd person and reinforced concrete-destroying sledgehammer. I wanted to buy it, but as soon as I saw those videos, I removed it from my "games to buy" list.  

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > ARMA II Patch
17. Re: ARMA II Patch Sep 16, 2009, 12:47 Muscular Beaver

I call bullshit.

And my machine is a reasonably high end PC and I have no performance issues with any other game. I made some tweaks to make ArmA2 perform better and now it looks borderline ugly but tolerable I guess, if only the net code wouldn't make other players jerk around and zip forward and backward as they do, apart from the lockups.

Call it what you like. Doesnt make you right.
I had a similar experience once. All games (Prime95 and Memtest too) ran fine without a problem but WoW crashed a lot. I changed my DRAM settings in my BIOS and it ran as stable as other games. Similar thing with ArmA 2 btw. I had problems too at the beginning, but some games (especially complex non-console port crap) are simply very sensitive to some configurations. I tweaked my RAM settings again and all ran well after that.
Blaming a game alone just because your "uber rig" runs everything else without problem, just shows your ignorance and arrogance.
Check your system. And choose good servers. I generally filter out everything above 100 ms.

I *dont* have any problem with the netcode. Its a little jerky when you are the side-gunner of a helicopter and makes it harder to aim when the helicopter changes direction, but its nothing serious.

It is amazing what people consider "good" from BIS and are happy to achieve. Keep dropping your standards.
LOL!
Thats a nice statement, especially the last sentence.
Maybe you noticed that PC gaming has degraded in the last few years and that there are mostly only crappy, boring, short and simple console ports out there. So playing a real PC game that thats very complex, needs lots of thinking while playing and has a very steep learning curve makes us drop our standards?
ROFL!
I should make that one my signature.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > More Natural Selection 2 Details
2. Re: More Natural Selection 2 Details Sep 16, 2009, 12:42 Muscular Beaver

For some weird reason I have the feeling that this game gets axed before release or the support shortly after.
I would really be disappointed if that would happen because I cant wait for it.

- Mojo Jojo

13. Re: ARMA II Patch Sep 16, 2009, 05:37 Muscular Beaver

That statement needs a lot of qualifying. After patching to 1.04 I connected to a 50 player server and after no less than one minute there was a 45 second lockup and then everything went fast-forward and I was dead for an unknown reason. This is the typical experience and is not the exception. The net code in this game is truly and completely a steaming pile of shit.

Looks like your connection or the servers you are using are the steaming piles of shit. I have no issues with the netcode whatsoever. Even when I was still using my 128kbit connection I had no issues aside from long connection times.

BF2 PR is much more fun to actually play, for me. Performs great, far more variety of settings, vastly better squad VOIP teamwork, etc etc etc..
Thank god thats relative.
But I really dont know what you have smoked to say it has more variety. And I guess you have never seen true teamwork in ArmA2, no wonder if you have such issues with your stuff that you cant even play properly. But I wonder why you talk shit like that then, if you dont have the experience to do so.

The AI is the best you can get right now. Stop talking shit about it.

This comment was edited on Sep 16, 2009, 05:39.

- Mojo Jojo

11. Re: ARMA II Patch Sep 16, 2009, 05:30 Muscular Beaver

I dunno about the Harrier..who needs to taxi with that?! (it goes straight up!) Im talking about the A10

Yeah, you ARE using the mouse.

- Mojo Jojo

3. Re: ARMA II Patch Sep 15, 2009, 15:44 Muscular Beaver

Fix the damn turning radius of the jets whilst on the ground, they have the handling of a broken buick..I often have to jump out and get a humvee to push the plan around because it cant turn tight enough on the tarmac..

???
I just tried that today with an AV8B and the turning is very good, unless youre steering with the mouse or are too fast.

- Mojo Jojo

1786 Comments. 90 pages. Viewing page 34.
< Newer [ 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo