Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Beaver

Real Name Beaver   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Muscular Beaver
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 28, 2002, 23:21
Total Comments 1781 (Pro)
User ID 12928

User comment history
< Newer [ 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ] Older >

News Comments > No PC Dead Space 2
64. Re: No PC Dead Space 2 Feb 9, 2010, 05:24 Muscular Beaver

True gamers own all the platforms. You're only hurting yourself.

True PC gamers dont have a console, because they are smart enough to know that consoles are hurting PC gaming.

Oh that is so lame... You will PAY for your use of inappropriate dialogue!
- Mojo Jojo
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > F.E.A.R. 3 Spoilers?
14. Re: F.E.A.R. 3 Spoilers? Feb 4, 2010, 21:10 Muscular Beaver

OMG FEAR 3!
Oh wait, last one was a predictable console kids (so they dont get too scared?) game with glowing enemies and an UI for complete idiots. Not even full mouse support.
So uh... whatever.

This comment was edited on Feb 4, 2010, 21:13.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > PC Return to Ostagar for Dragon Age Released
22. Re: PC Return to Ostagar for Dragon Age Released Jan 31, 2010, 05:32 Muscular Beaver

Fion wrote on Jan 30, 2010, 17:35:
It's yet another symptom of publishers trying to consolize the PC. They should fucking know it will never work.

No worries, you swallowed Steam like stupid sheep, you will also make it happen that PCs are getting consolized.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > BioWare Making Dragon Age II "Visually Super Hot"
32. Re: BioWare Making Dragon Age 2 Jan 31, 2010, 05:19 Muscular Beaver

Its funny how seriously Bioware takes the criticism about the graphics. Would they just have released the game when it was finished and not 1 year later, there wouldnt have been such complaints. But noooo, first they had to sell themselves to EA and then they had to wait for the console kiddies, so they dont feel left out if *they* have to wait for a game for a change.

Anyway, I seriously doubt DA2 will be made for the PC like DA1 was. Will just be a simple console port.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Mass Effect 2 ATI Hotfix
11. Re: Mass Effect 2 ATI Hotfix Jan 30, 2010, 15:54 Muscular Beaver

Ignorance is bliss.  

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Mass Effect 2 ATI Hotfix
9. Re: Mass Effect 2 ATI Hotfix Jan 30, 2010, 11:01 Muscular Beaver

Your conspiracy theories are all cute and stuff, but AA isnt officially possible with Nvidia cards either. Only thing I found and that works is to install nHancer and use custom profiles with compatibility tags.

Oh and ForgedReality:
There are several comparisons between Nvidia and ATI cards that show that they are pretty similar in AA quality but Nvidias AF is much better, if configured properly.
Google is your friend.

This comment was edited on Jan 30, 2010, 11:09.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > On AC2 Releases
12. Re: On AC2 Releases Jan 23, 2010, 04:39 Muscular Beaver

Yeah, if you would make such a stance switching control scheme for any game, I guess you would only need 3 buttons for everything. And thats the point, if you didnt get it.  

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > On AC2 Releases
10. Re: On AC2 Releases Jan 22, 2010, 19:31 Muscular Beaver

The PC version worked flawlessly with a m/kb or controller.

It was still a dumb console-ported control scheme. Guess they were too lazy to make a real one for the PC, that doesnt need you to switch stances all the time.

Anyway, that wasnt the worst. The horribly boring and repeating missions and scenery made me quit after a few hours. I surely wont buy this one because it looks like AC1 with a new paint job. Yuck.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Chris Taylor Optimistic About PC Gaming
24. Re: Chris Taylor Optimistic About PC Gaming Jan 22, 2010, 08:22 Muscular Beaver

I really want to hope that PC gaming will recover and continue where it left off a few years ago, but with GFWL, Steam, Social Club, DRM and other trash, I really dont see it happening. It will just become a more complex console, which complexity wont be utilized (except to even more boss around the honest customers). Actually I see more and more people jump to consoles frustrated, because they have so many issues with mentioned Software and just want to play their game without any hassle (like it was a few years ago).

And I can understand them very well. For many people the normal compatibility problems of the PC are enough of a reason already to switch to consoles, so this added bloatware and semi-malware doesnt really help.

And even people like me and many of my friends, who are PC pros, are starting to surrender to consoles, because they try to keep their PC clean, fast and stable, but with all this added software that needs to run while playing, its getting harder and harder each day. Just yesterday a friend of mine finally bought a console, because he found out that GFWL is causing hiccups in his graphic performance, similar to loading stutters.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Aliens vs. Predator Specs
13. Re: Aliens vs. Predator Specs Jan 21, 2010, 06:33 Muscular Beaver

Will be a direct console port with these "requirements".
Ill wait for videos and reviews before I buy it, especially since I now know Rebellion's recent history.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > BioShock 2 DRM and GFWL Info
39. Re: BioShock 2 DRM and GFWL Info Jan 20, 2010, 14:33 Muscular Beaver

I always return my games that turn out to be GFWL or other crap infected. For example, I really wanted to play Batman AA, but once I saw the installer trying to install this GFWL disease, I instantly aborted the installation and returned it to the shop. Thank god thats still possible here in Germany, albeit only in a few shops.

Good to know they announce their GFWL infected crap now (as if they dont want people to buy their games), that will save me a lot of time and hassle.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Rockstar San Diego Revolt
32. Re: Rockstar San Diego Revolt Jan 9, 2010, 11:48 Muscular Beaver

Admirable that they get together and set up a letter like this.
I bet my left hand that there are lots more of similar bad working conditions out there, but people just take it and never say a word because they fear consequences.

I know it happens quite commonly here in Germany nowadays.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Blizzard Discouraging WoW Account Restorations, Considering Mandatory Authenticators
10. Re: Blizzard Discouraging WoW Account Restorations, Considering Mandatory Authenticators Jan 8, 2010, 15:54 Muscular Beaver

I doubt its always people who get on phishing sites or similar.
What I noticed far more often in the support forums is that people share their account info with friends and family and sooner or later someone is mad at them and messes around in their account for revenge.

Also there was this Allakhazam trojan, which installed itself when you visited Allakhazam (a trustworthy website until then) because it was implemented in some banner by hackers. My friend got it and his account was wiped clean.

Oh and a few months ago I got a tell from someone named "Blizzardusa", or something like that, in-game that told me that there was an issue with my account and that I would be disconnected now and I should visit a website that sounded very similar to Blizzards sites.

Normally I wouldnt have bothered, but there was an incident with Blizzard a few weeks before that. They banned my account and gave me a final warning without any reason. Took me 4 weeks to finally get my issue forwarded to a supervisor and all actions were canceled instantly.

So I was extremely frightened that something similar might have happened again and in the first few seconds I really thought about going there, but I got to my senses soon enough to notice that there was no Blizzard icon with his name.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Bethesda Pitched a Star Trek RPG
14. Re: Bethesda Pitched a Star Trek RPG Jan 8, 2010, 09:22 Muscular Beaver

slaka wrote on Jan 7, 2010, 20:52:
Am I the only one who doesn't like Bethesda games? To me they lack soul.

Youre not. I dont like a single one of them. Though, I still tried most of them because they were hyped so much all the time. I couldnt play em for more than 3 hours though. You said it very well... they lack a soul, they feel extremely sterile.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Why Shooters Need Dedicated Servers
5. Re: Why Shooters Need Dedicated Servers Jan 5, 2010, 12:17 Muscular Beaver

As if the publishers/devs care, its all about keeping your third Porsche these days anyway....

That smartass down in the comments said it already. Even gamers like him dont know/care anymore that games were art once.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > EA Server Shutdown Plans
13. Re: EA Server Shutdown Plans Jan 3, 2010, 18:07 Muscular Beaver

"It doesnt affect me, so its not a problem."

And youre calling people like us mouthbreathers? Speechless

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > WoW China Follow-up
6. Re: WoW China Follow-up Jan 1, 2010, 21:09 Muscular Beaver

The myth is that any country besides Switzerland has true democracy. Its more like the communism in Russia was. It was never true communism (nor in any other country that claimed to be communistic).

Because of the events in the recent past, even the most numb people should have noticed that by now. Its only going to get worse from now on.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > ARMA II Hotfix
22. Re: ARMA II Hotfix Dec 25, 2009, 17:46 Muscular Beaver

Im not directly comparing them, I am talking about PC games in general. They mostly have been dumbed down console ports in the last few years. ArmA 2 being a real PC game again with lots of content, complex gameplay and visuals that actually raised the bar again (Crysis being the last in 2007). If you look at Dragon Age and compare it to what we got 10 years ago, it hasnt evolved much, and has actually devolved in many regards. ArmA 2 has evolved in almost all areas.  

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > ARMA II Hotfix
17. Re: ARMA II Hotfix Dec 25, 2009, 09:58 Muscular Beaver

Going to try this game again. There were a few issues that really bothered me, but funnily they all seem to be fixed with the latest patch. That really surprised me.

Anyways, it has great potential and IMO, even though it has huge issues, it should still be Game of the Year for the PC. There simply are no comparable PC games anymore, not even Dragon Age.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > More WoW In-Game Cutscenes
12. Re: More WoW In-Game Cutscenes Dec 4, 2009, 16:47 Muscular Beaver

I dont? So, they had 2 years of time and LOTS and LOTS of funds.

Guess thats not enough for Blizzard to add another short CGI movie.
But youre right, if I read your comments, I guess they actually did well. Why should they put so much money into it when they can sell cheap stuff like that for the price of a full game to people like you?

This comment was edited on Dec 4, 2009, 16:53.

- Mojo Jojo

1781 Comments. 90 pages. Viewing page 32.
< Newer [ 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo