Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Beaver

Real Name Beaver   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Muscular Beaver
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 28, 2002, 23:21
Total Comments 1786 (Pro)
User ID 12928

User comment history
< Newer [ 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ] Older >

News Comments > Ubisoft: DRM Not Cracked
52. Re: Secure? Mar 4, 2010, 20:53 Muscular Beaver

I dont think its all pirates. Look at the German test on gamersglobal.de for example. They gave it 3/10 points mainly because of the bugs.  

Oh that is so lame... You will PAY for your use of inappropriate dialogue!
- Mojo Jojo
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ubisoft: DRM Not Cracked
49. Re: Secure? Mar 4, 2010, 17:24 Muscular Beaver

Putting in such checks hurts their sales even more than some DRM.

Hearsay spreads fast and if many people cant play the game because they think its full of bugs, they will tell that other people and they wont buy it because they think its buggy as shit.

Its extremely stupid to put in such checks. But Ubi knows best anyway, right? Right???

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Ubisoft DRM Titles Confirmed
36. Re: Ubisoft DRM Titles Confirmed Feb 27, 2010, 05:23 Muscular Beaver

Not buying any Ubisoft games from now on goes without saying (would at least have bought SH5, SC:C and GR).
But I would really like to see a sales number comparison between the last Prince of Persia without DRM and the new one with this rectal ex... err "copy protection".

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Natural Selection 2 Lerk Reveal
2. Re: Natural Selection 2 Lerk Reveal Feb 26, 2010, 16:05 Muscular Beaver

I really cant wait for this game. PHJF remembered me how funny it sometimes was. Owning marines as a gorge, the funny noises it made, the onos blocking everything and wiping the whole alien team because noone could escape, a whole wall of defense towers etc. It was awesome. I just hope they keep the original gameplay, and maybe take it a bit further.  

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > More Supreme Commander 2 Unit Trailers
9. Re: More Supreme Commander 2 Unit Trailers Feb 26, 2010, 05:52 Muscular Beaver

LittleMe wrote on Feb 26, 2010, 01:53:
Creston thanks for your insights. Yeah, too bad really. Consoles won this round.

They are winning the war.

Anyway, I didnt test the demo yet, but if what Creston says is even remotely true, I wont be buying it.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Rebellion Wants to do AvP Sequel
24. Re: Rebellion Wants to do AvP Sequel Feb 24, 2010, 07:24 Muscular Beaver

Uhm, you guys actually like the controls???
Jesus...

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Silent Hunter 5 and Gold Edition Preorders
26. Re: Silent Hunter 5 and Gold Edition Preorders Feb 22, 2010, 18:34 Muscular Beaver

Ubisoft announces preorders are now being accepted for Silent Hunter 5: Battle of the Atlantic and Silent Hunter 5: Battle of the Atlantic Gold Edition

*crickets*

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Ubisoft DRM Interview
59. Re: Ubisoft DRM Interview Feb 22, 2010, 11:05 Muscular Beaver

Did you even bother to read my posts?
"Sheesh"

Oh and btw, inflation here in Germany is almost 0% now since the 90s.
Games still got a bit more expensive.

This comment was edited on Feb 22, 2010, 11:12.

- Mojo Jojo

56. Re: Ubisoft DRM Interview Feb 22, 2010, 10:35 Muscular Beaver

kanniballl wrote on Feb 22, 2010, 10:20:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Feb 22, 2010, 06:52:

Maybe return to the old PC-road and simply charge more money for PC games? I personally would glady pay up to $30 more for a properly done PC game.
I don't know.

Newly-released PC games aren't that cheap anymore. Sure they go on sale and/or hit the bargain bin fairly quickly but at release a $50 USD price tag is common.

I'd have a very hard time justifying spending $80 USD on a game; I've only done that a couple of times in my life. Once or twice for a big special edition of the game (which I later regretted) and the lifetime subscription to Champions Online.

Publishers really care about the sales during the openining weeks, and rightfully so. That's when the hype is at its max and the game is as shiney as it's ever going to be. Raising regular prices to $80 would kill sales near launch, which of course would dissuade further PC game development.

Now, if the money was spread out over time, like SiN Episodes was supposed to be then I'd be alright with it: $20 here, $20 there, sure. I'm less enthusiastic about Star Craft 2's plan, but if each campaign is large enough then I might deal with it.

To clear it up a little, I wouldnt pay $80 for MW2, even if its graphics, controls and gameplay were directly developed for the PC. Now, if it had a singleplayer campaign 5-10 times as long, too, dedicated servers, LAN, great modablility, no GFWL or similar crap, then I would consider it.

I wont pay $80 for a console port that plays just the same on the PC and only has better graphics and mouse support.

They should just pick up where they left off and do real PC games again. But its kinda hard to explain what a real PC game is when many people forgot how real PC games were and how they should be today if the console wouldnt have killed em.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > No C&C4 LAN or Dedicated Servers
37. Re: Game Reviews Feb 22, 2010, 08:41 Muscular Beaver

Yeah have fun with that.  

- Mojo Jojo

50. Re: Ubisoft DRM Interview Feb 22, 2010, 06:52 Muscular Beaver

Bad, bad piracy! BAD!

How about you start asking yourself why pirating is a problem (if it really is)?
Maybe its the DRMs and similar that make people think that a game isnt worth their money with all the hassle?
Maybe its the lackluster console ports that cant be called PC games because they are so extremely dumbed down, simple and most of the time dont even have a proper control system?
Maybe its the implementation of "features" that no one wants and that are only a hassle?
Maybe its the curtailment of freedom that the PC was once known for?
Maybe its because people notice that PC gaming has actually regressed/stood still?

Seriously, they cut all the freedom from PC gaming, dumb games down, cut down content, deliver shitty controls, laughable console-graphics and then they wonder why their games are pirated more than ever before?
Why do they think they can do that to such an open and powerful platform, that is the PC, without consequences?
They ARE stupid.

Maybe return to the old PC-road and simply charge more money for PC games? I personally would glady pay up to $30 more for a properly done PC game.

- Mojo Jojo

35. Re: Game Reviews Feb 22, 2010, 06:17 Muscular Beaver

BobBob wrote on Feb 22, 2010, 06:10:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Feb 22, 2010, 06:08:
It prolly isnt doomed. There will always be browser games, MMOs and maybe console ports. But PC gaming, as it once was is already as good as dead. There are only very few games left that have the complexity, options, gameplay, graphics, etc. that PC games were once known for.

Commercialized, yes. Open Source, there is a lot on the table.

Yeah and such games will be very rare. Not enough to keep PC gaming being my hobby.
Also I highly doubt that those will be very good games since there simply wont be enough money to make quality games. PC games cost a lot of money, even more so if you want good quality and no game that is over after 5 hours.

This comment was edited on Feb 22, 2010, 06:23.

- Mojo Jojo

33. Re: No C&C4 LAN or Dedicated Servers Feb 22, 2010, 06:08 Muscular Beaver

Narf2029 wrote on Feb 21, 2010, 21:52:
Gaming is never doomed. Seems like every other year it's doomed and it's still around. It may be doomed for the big publishers today, though. As long as there's money to be made on the PC someone is gonna try to make it, and as long as there are PC gamers who want to spend money someone is gonna give them something to buy. If the big publishers aren't going to give us what we want, someone else will.

It prolly isnt doomed. There will always be browser games, MMOs and maybe console ports. But PC gaming, as it once was is already as good as dead. There are only very few games left that have the complexity, options, gameplay, graphics, innovations, etc. that PC games were once known for.

- Mojo Jojo

4. Re: No C&C4 LAN or Dedicated Servers Feb 21, 2010, 12:32 Muscular Beaver

I like how they always try to present completely useless things, like they are super-innovative and everyone always wanted shit like that.

Anyway, I am sorry, but I still use LAN to play in my house with friends or my family, and if a game doesnt have LAN, it wont be bought. If it needs a constant internet connection, even in singleplayer, then the review of that game isnt even read, much less is it bought. The only thing I will check is what developer and publisher the game is from, so I can avoid those properly in the future.

Seriously, what are those guys thinking all of the sudden?
Do they really want to kill PC gaming? Because thats the only thing they accomplish with such unbelieveable stuff. Its so obvious and unbelieveable at the same time, that I start to think that Microsoft is paying publishers to screw up their PC games (sorry, I mean console ports) and make them so annoying, so that people will switch to the XBox in frustration.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > More on Ubisoft DRM
19. Re: More on Ubisoft DRM Feb 20, 2010, 18:09 Muscular Beaver

Was prolly some relative of the CEO or so that thought he had a great idea with this system.

Lets hope everyone involved will learn their lesson.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Supreme Commander 2 Specs
8. Re: Supreme Commander 2 Specs Feb 19, 2010, 05:40 Muscular Beaver

Oh, it DOES run smooth like silk. FPS numbers are very nice. But the game speed still slows to a crawl after 30 mins if you fight a few AIs.
1 second is about 5 seconds realtime then, even with +10 speed.
That is on a 3.8 GHz Quadcore and GTX 260.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > On Ubisoft's Online DRM
43. Re: On Ubisoft's Online DRM Feb 18, 2010, 05:21 Muscular Beaver

RoboRay wrote on Feb 18, 2010, 01:31:
This problem is easily solved by simply not buying any more Ubisoft products and making sure the word gets out to everyone else to do the same.

Done and done.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > EA Server Shutdowns
9. Re: EA Server Shutdowns Feb 17, 2010, 04:49 Muscular Beaver

Im just waiting for their DRM servers to shut down. Will be nice when I cant install Bioshock anymore, for example.  

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > No Further Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising DLC
9. Re: No Further Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising DLC Feb 17, 2010, 04:42 Muscular Beaver

I have never been that disappointed by a development team before. They promised so much PC awesomeness, complexity, realism, nice graphics, PC controls, etc, but we only got another dumbed down console shooter that ruthlessly exploited the IP name. And still, in their arrogance, they openly made fun of ArmA 2 players by calling them "ArmAteurs" in (only?) German magazine ads and only got off their "this is going to be a revolutionary military sim" attitude just before the release of the game.
I wont forget that, Codemasters, ever.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - EverQuest II Sentinel's Fate
4. Re: Ships Ahoy - EverQuest II Sentinel's Fate Feb 17, 2010, 04:28 Muscular Beaver

NKD wrote on Feb 16, 2010, 20:04:
Really under-rated MMO. Kinda got stuck in WoW's shadow. A shame because it has a lot more content and enjoyability, especially for people who aren't big into raiding or PvP.

Funny how SOE can manage to push so much more content than Blizzard despite having a player base so much smaller.

I agree from what I saw when I last played it. It felt much more like a high quality game. But I just didnt like the class system because classes werent as distinct from each other like in EQ1. Most were actually almost the same with just a few different spells/abilities.
Also I didnt like linked mobs. Either a full blown killer train, if youre too stupid to pull, or single targets only, but not some patronizing linked mobs. That was just stupid.
Did they fix those things?

- Mojo Jojo

1786 Comments. 90 pages. Viewing page 31.
< Newer [ 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo