Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Beaver

Real Name Beaver   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Muscular Beaver
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 28, 2002, 23:21
Total Comments 1790 (Pro)
User ID 12928

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Path of Exile Patched
5. Re: Path of Exile Patched Feb 13, 2013, 13:10 Muscular Beaver

I really like this game, so much better than Diablo 3.
Does it really have no gold?

However, yesterday when playing it I got the first bluescreen in 2 years.

Oh that is so lame... You will PAY for your use of inappropriate dialogue!
- Mojo Jojo
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Diablo III Community Q&A - Patch Tomorrow
23. Re: Diablo III Community Q&A - Patch Tomorrow Feb 12, 2013, 11:11 Muscular Beaver

I also tried PoE after you guys mentioned it so often here. All I can say is, I am amazed. This and a Diablo theme, and it could have been the true Diablo 3.
When I took a look at the skill tree, I almost fell off my chair, then I zoomed out and I laughed out in joy and then I scrolled down and almost had a heart attack because of joy.
Leveling gems, much more responsive controls, the way to find groups, the music, the graphics, wow...
This shows so well how much of a fail Diablo 3 really is.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Steam Top 10
25. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 22, 2013, 08:27 Muscular Beaver

Dmitri_M wrote on Jan 22, 2013, 08:13:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Jan 22, 2013, 06:45:
This DayZ hype is really starting to benefit ArmA 2.
Much more players on normal ArmA 2 servers now. The effect that I feared that there would be much more cheaters because of this, has not been true. However there are much more teamkillers and other griefers on servers now.
There will be a brief spike in players. The sorts of players who complain about the game or require endless help and then quit. Few will stay for the non Day-Z content.

This has actually gone on for months. There are quite a lot of regular players, who are pretty good, and they dont seem to be quitting anytime soon. Even some providers of DayZ server have started to add Warfare servers or similar.
From what I hear those are actually people who couldnt stand DayZ anymore because of the game breaking bugs. These bugs dont affect the normal ArmA 2 gamemodes nearly as much.

This comment was edited on Jan 22, 2013, 08:32.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
18. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 22, 2013, 07:04 Muscular Beaver

Brin wrote on Jan 22, 2013, 00:04:
Even someone does like it, I'd challenge the practicality and ease of use in comparison to a long-used and familiar tool that already existed.

Well, it's all a bit subjective isn't it? Some people claim that command line tools are more practical and versatile than some graphical UI and that is because they know how to use it.

For example, I was excited when Microsoft announced a change in the UI. I am still extremely pleased with it! The result of this, I can't help but think, is that I was rather open to learning to use it and so I agree with the poster that you quoted: I find it to be a significantly faster OS to use than windows 7 (in the sense that I can access 'notes.txt' within my My Documents folder faster; I can't comment on milliseconds saved when opening said file), and I really liked W7. Is it perfect? Nope, and I wouldn't even claim W7 was perfect. Is it an improvement in my life over Windows 7? Yes.

But, I am reasonably suspicious of your disdain for W8 since, not only do you argue that YOU dislike it (the only reasonable stance) but you go further to try to 'objectively' prove that it is a worse OS. Even more distasteful is that you try to use YouTube videos to prove your point. There are YouTube videos suggesting that the end of the world is nigh, that people faked the moon launch, that the Illuminati rule the world, etc. YouTube is not an authoritative source

Anyways, if you could show me how many users of Windows 8 use programs like Start8 or Pokki, I'd be interested. For example, is it 80% of Win8 users using these startmenu replacements? Is it 50%? 10%? You don't know either.

Ultimately, in a world where I gave more shits, I'd ask why you are so angry over Windows 8. Perhaps you fear change on some deep level. I can't help but think: Get the fuck over it.

In a world where you would actually read criticism, you would know why many people hate this try of an OS.
A few little hints: The power of Microsofts monopoly, free software.

Oh and btw, I really wanted to like Windows 8, because I use a touchscreen in my car connected to a PC. But thanks to another of Microsofts smart decisions, I cant use it there because it requires a minimum resolution of 1024x768. One of the biggest markets of PC touchscreens and they didnt think of that.
Anyway, thats just one of my personal reasons. There are many more, and reading a little, would make you realize that too.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
17. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 22, 2013, 06:56 Muscular Beaver

Alamar wrote on Jan 21, 2013, 23:25:
Prez wrote on Jan 21, 2013, 23:07:
DDI wrote on Jan 21, 2013, 23:00:

I've actually no idea how good Windows 8 is, since the tile system is so unpopular no one even gets as far as talking about anything else. That's a pretty big fail right there.

Or people are too busy using it to comment but I'll take a moment. The new tile system is far faster to find, launch and organize applications than the old Start Menu.

Everyone just used shortcuts on the desktop though didn't they? I know I did, and still do.

Now that I launch 95% of my games through Steam, it's more moot, but I put shortcuts to everything else I want, on my Desktop, then make my bar double height, and put the desktop on the bottom half... Even with 4k resolution, having to find shit on the desktop (under a pile of windows) would be a pain... And in the end, it's not all that different from using the quick launch bar, but I like it this way : )

-Alamar

Thats why you can easily change the size of the icons (ctrl + mousewheel)... Text size is also easily adjustable... Oh, and on the far right of your double height taskbar is a nice button to hide all the windows.

Guess some people need a new OS for that. lol

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Steam Top 10
22. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 22, 2013, 06:45 Muscular Beaver

This DayZ hype is really starting to benefit ArmA 2.
Much more players on normal ArmA 2 servers now. The effect that I feared that there would be much more cheaters because of this, has not been true. However there are much more teamkillers and other griefers on servers now.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Gone Gold - Aliens: Colonial Marines
30. Re: Gone Gold - Aliens: Colonial Marines Jan 17, 2013, 03:36 Muscular Beaver

You know its a shitty console game, when people dont need to mind hitting their teammates in coop.
Never seen a more boring game in this franchise.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Diablo III Inadvertent PvP to be Fixed
21. Re: Diablo III Inadvertent PvP to be Fixed Jan 9, 2013, 05:09 Muscular Beaver

I dont get it.
Exploit it to avoid death?
"QUICK EVERYONE VOTE ME OUT SO I CAN SURVIVE"
What?

Excuse my ignorance, but I havent played this game since June last year.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > World of Warcraft 5.2 Trailer
3. Re: World of Warcraft 5.2 Trailer Jan 8, 2013, 09:07 Muscular Beaver

Oh man, now they have also copied Dino Riders.  

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > The War Z at War
35. Re: The War Z at War Jan 4, 2013, 22:20 Muscular Beaver

Creston wrote on Jan 4, 2013, 15:51:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Jan 4, 2013, 15:06:
Why should I care what some kids feel about a game that was obviously a scam from day one, and who only spend their parents money anyway?

It was only obviously a scam from day one if you happened to know about Day Z. And even then, this seemed to be a fully functional stand-alone game, with tons of features. It wasn't until about a week later when everyone who was playing said "hey, wait a second... None of this shit they promised is actually IN here."

Harsh to tell people who bought the game for Christmas "Well, you got suckered, and now you can't play it anymore."

Creston
Well, if you care for your money, you always check first. If you dont, then you dont care about the money.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > The War Z at War
25. Re: The War Z at War Jan 4, 2013, 15:06 Muscular Beaver

jdreyer wrote on Jan 4, 2013, 12:49:
nin wrote on Jan 4, 2013, 10:31:
ASeven wrote on Jan 4, 2013, 10:27:
You reap what you sow and these guys sure are reaping a plentiful harvest of nastiness.

Pretty much. I can't say I feel pity for them, after everything that happened.

Just because Sergey is a dick, doesn't mean that players who paid for software and have a right to play it should be prevented from doing so. This attack is just wrong on so many levels. If a man wrongs you, you don't kick his children.

If these children dont listen and have to touch the hotplate to learn, then so be it.
Why should I care what some kids feel about a game that was obviously a scam from day one, and who only spend their parents money anyway?

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Bans
28. Re: Guild Wars 2 Bans Jan 4, 2013, 14:59 Muscular Beaver

Creston wrote on Jan 4, 2013, 12:49:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Jan 4, 2013, 12:24:
Creston wrote on Jan 4, 2013, 11:52:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Jan 4, 2013, 09:17:
(managed to level 3 chars to 80 before burning out). But its over too quickly

I'm going to hazard a guess that leveling 3 classes to 80 took you around 200-240 hours? Does that really deserve the "it's over too quickly" label?

creston

I havent counted the hours, but for a MMO it was pretty short. Want me to tell you my time invested in EQ, EQ2, UO or WoW?

In all those, you paid a monthly fee. That'll drive you to play them longer because you feel (maybe even subconsciously) that you have to get your money's worth.

You paid 60 bucks for GW2 and got 240 hours out of it. That's pretty damn good the average game nowadays, I'd say.

(Plus, of course, if you want to go back a year from now, you just download the updates and voila presto, you're back in the game.)

Creston
Nah, I always had a 1 month subscription and I often had breaks in between. I only played when I had fun, and that was more easy in those games since there was always something to accomplish. In WoW there was always PvP (main reason I played it anyway), in EQ there was always AAs and levels to do, etc.
GW2 felt like I hit a wall at 80. With every single char. Then I started a new one because I wanted to keep playing, because over all, this game is more mature than WoW. But the I noticed I actually need a little bit of a grind for character improvement because otherwise I dont see a reason to go on. In WoW for example I always played for better equipment, even in PvP. In EQ for better equipment and levels, but in GW2 there was nothing you could achieve that actually helps your char. Maybe replace a yellow with an orange item, but that didnt do much of a difference anyway. When I found out that legendaries are just fashion items, I thought I was being trolled, because I simply couldnt believe that there is NOTHING to do (not that I would have kept playing only for a legendary that takes months and months to get)!

Im not going to start doing jumping puzzles or achievements, because I never did that in any MMO. I find those pointless. But the endgame of GW2 is ONLY THAT.
I mean the dragon events were a nice touch the first 20 times, but then got boring too, after I got proper equipment from the TP. The dungeons dont offer anything either at endgame, so I didnt even run every one of them.

As I said, the quests when leveling were really great, the story was nice too. The whole world feels so much more alive than any MMO I ever played (even more alive than some single player RPGs *cough*bethesda*cough*), but when theres nothing to do at 80, then theres nothing to do!

I actually tried really hard to keep playing this game. I even tried the frustrating sPvP for a long time, but as I said, for me it was only dumb team deathmatch, because everything is so small and capping works so fast and a stupid team is more frustrating than anywhere, because you cant even get your own little accomplishments, since there will always be someone who jumps in, if youre doing a 1 vs 1.

WvWvW was kinda nice, if you were lucky to find your team and didnt get picked off on the way to them and you didnt die for 2+ hours after that. But there was no goal to that either. I want to win something, I want to improve.
If I just want to play for competition sake, I will play a (tactical) shooter, just because of the much better responsiveness of the controls alone.

- Mojo Jojo

23. Re: Guild Wars 2 Bans Jan 4, 2013, 12:24 Muscular Beaver

Creston wrote on Jan 4, 2013, 11:52:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Jan 4, 2013, 09:17:
(managed to level 3 chars to 80 before burning out). But its over too quickly

I'm going to hazard a guess that leveling 3 classes to 80 took you around 200-240 hours? Does that really deserve the "it's over too quickly" label?

creston

I havent counted the hours, but for a MMO it was pretty short. Want me to tell you my time invested in EQ, EQ2, UO or WoW?

- Mojo Jojo

19. Re: Guild Wars 2 Bans Jan 4, 2013, 09:17 Muscular Beaver

Yeah, regrettably no proper endgame.
The dungeons are boring, its annoying just to grind for fashion only items and PvP is either too frustrating (extremely long travel times in WvW(vW)) or simply too much of a dumb teamdeathmatch due to the small size of the maps (PvP). And even in PvP you dont have anything to work for. There simply is no better gear. And the gameplay isnt anywhere good enough to keep me playing alone.

I found leveling-PvE quite enjoyable. Some classes were really challenging leveling to 80 and a lot of fun (managed to level 3 chars to 80 before burning out). But its over too quickly and the zones become boring fast, not only because there are so few, but also because their themes are extremely similar to each other. Oh and I just hate killing Risen... not that those crab thingies were less annoying on that pirate isle...

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > World of Warcraft Patch on PTR; To Include MOBA?
6. Re: World of Warcraft Patch on PTR; To Include MOBA? Jan 3, 2013, 13:13 Muscular Beaver

nin wrote on Jan 3, 2013, 10:00:
I miss wintergrasp. But that's about all I miss of wow...

I miss their crappy PvP balance. I mean the one right after release.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
7. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jan 1, 2013, 19:07 Muscular Beaver

Julio wrote on Jan 1, 2013, 17:50:
Fion wrote on Jan 1, 2013, 15:52:
Somewhat off subject, WTF is up with the train wreck that is Mass Effect 3 winning all these GotY titles? There were so many amazing games that completely overshadowed ME3.

It is PC Gamer after all. The same guys who gave a review in the high 90s to DA2. Take a look around their offices for big brown envelopes from Bioware.
Its rarely about money. Its about getting games early, so they can test them earlier (than others). If they would give bad ratings, they wouldnt get them anymore "in time".
Thats how most gaming sites work nowadays. Nobody wants to wait for the release date to start testing a game, because that would mean massive losses.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines Story Trailer
20. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Story Trailer Dec 28, 2012, 21:25 Muscular Beaver

Not impressed. Looks like a generic console game. The models are horrible, the scenery looks extremely limited, the textures look laughable and the animations look like they are from 2004.
Sick of console ports.
Just watched an older gameplay video from August. What a joke... "Alien kill +$100", "Achievement unlocked!", "Challenge complete!", "DOUBLE KILL!".
W T F ???

This comment was edited on Dec 28, 2012, 21:31.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > The War Z Trademark Issue
19. Re: The War Z Trademark Issue Dec 25, 2012, 12:58 Muscular Beaver

Checked it in Photoshop and it looks pretty genuine.  

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > etc., etc.
15. Re: etc., etc. Dec 22, 2012, 02:42 Muscular Beaver

NegaDeath wrote on Dec 22, 2012, 01:14:
D4rkKnight wrote on Dec 21, 2012, 22:37:
In other news, the NRA is recommending armed guards in elementary schools as a solution to the problem.

And as a result would ramp up the sales of the gun manufacturers backing the NRA. Classy.

Kosumo wrote on Dec 22, 2012, 00:05:
I blame the lack of killer ED-209 robots in every school. The NRA are a bunch of tree hugging, missiory style hedgehog loving poofs!

ED209? Pathetic, it can't even do stairs and gets taken out easily with a rocket launcher ya commie liberal traitor. What you really need is an army of Batmen.
Batman is a pussy liberal, ya marxist!

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Star Trek: The Video Game in April
17. Re: Star Trek: The Video Game in April Dec 21, 2012, 19:28 Muscular Beaver

The Half Elf wrote on Dec 21, 2012, 12:04:
If I win the lottery I swear I'm personally funding another Bridge Commander game. Why no one has ever duplicated their damage modeling of ships baffles me.

If I win the lottery I'll buy out Abrams and give the franchise to someone else. Hell, even Boll would almost be a better choice.

- Mojo Jojo

1790 Comments. 90 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo