Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Beaver

Real Name Beaver   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Muscular Beaver
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 28, 2002, 23:21
Total Comments 1793 (Pro)
User ID 12928

User comment history
< Newer [ 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >

News Comments > World of Warcraft Patch
46. Re: World of Warcraft Patch Jun 23, 2010, 13:07 Muscular Beaver

Krovven wrote on Jun 23, 2010, 12:53:
Right, cus taking all day to run 5-man dungeons is what people want...

Back then, there was no random dungeon finder, there was no battlerealm instances. You either were in a guild and could get people to run instances if they felt like it, or you spammed chat for an hour trying to find a group. Hoping then once you got that group, spent the next 20min getting there (as people died in transit) then finally getting started, that someone didn't leave, or the group wiped, disbanded, or you didnt just do one section of a dungeon that didn't have loot for your character....RIGHT, FUN TIMES THAT WAS!
Speak for yourself. Pre-expansion WoW was the most fun for me.

As for some people comparing how Vanilla/BC dungeons were hard compared to WoTLK dungeons...it's all gear relative. WoTK Heroics were not easy when the expansion first came out, nor were Naxx or Ulduar, all of which are easy now because there has been what, 3 or 4 tiers of gear since the expansion launched?

Uhm, so you are admitting that you never played WoW a lot because you always quit when you reached max level and then you want to tell me stuff about how hard heroic instances were?
Sorry but do I have to take you seriously?
WotLK Heroics were FAR FAR easier at the start than any heroic in BC at the start. I remember very well running both Heroics with always horribly geared chars and friends. That was far harder in BC heroics than it was in WotLK. I actually remember very well how I thought "these are supposed to be heroics?" when I first tried them in WotLK.

Oh that is so lame... You will PAY for your use of inappropriate dialogue!
- Mojo Jojo
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > On OnLive Game Prices
106. Re: On OnLive Game Prices Jun 23, 2010, 11:08 Muscular Beaver

Elessar wrote on Jun 22, 2010, 10:40:
I must be missing something, because all of you seem to be making an apples to oranges comparison when it comes to bitching about pricing. OnLive is completely different from buying your own rig and your own games. For those of you that seem to miss the point, their big selling point is that you don't need to buy or build a gaming PC.

Normally, most of you make intelligent posts and counter points. But this thread misses the point of this service entirely.

Disclaimer: I'm not an advocate of the service, I've never tried or used it. I'm just an advocate of a fair comparison which this thread lacks.

If I have to pay $10-$20 more for each game plus the subscription fees, I would be able to maintain a quite nice gaming rig for that money instead AND actually OWN those games... Aside from all the other advantages.

Your argument is the same ill-conceived stuff that console guys always spew out when its PC vs. Console. But yeah, if they want to catch the typical console players with this service, they can go right ahead. They might actually be successful.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > 70% of Activision Profits Non-Console
8. Re: 70% of Activision Profits Non-Console Jun 23, 2010, 10:57 Muscular Beaver

Especially MMOs like that one.  

- Mojo Jojo

44. Re: World of Warcraft Patch Jun 23, 2010, 04:04 Muscular Beaver

MattyC wrote on Jun 22, 2010, 19:07:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Jun 22, 2010, 17:42:
MattyC wrote on Jun 22, 2010, 16:16:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Jun 22, 2010, 16:10:
Still no new 5 man content?
Im sick of raiding...

It is a short onyish/voaish instance. And they just added 3 new 5 mans with ICC, so not sure what you mean by still.

Just? Thats over half a year ago and those 3 were extremely short and not really challenging (except the third one, if you were grouping with idiots).
Short or not, I simply dont like raiding anymore.

I really hope there will be lots of new 5 mans with Cataclysm that are at least as challenging as the ones in BC, or even better, like in vanilla.

That was the last content patch. It isn't like they have been releasing raids in the mean time. I also am not sure what you mean by challenging 5 mans in vanilla. Which one was hard? They were all very easy as I recall. The only hard 5 man I can ever really think of was the original pre-nerf heroic MGT in BC. And it wasn't really so much 'hard' as it was stupidly tuned. That trash pull before kael was harder than any boss in any 5 man in WoW. Unless you had say 2 mages and a lock for DPS. Then it became the easiest heroic in all of WoW.

Cata will have lots more 5 mans for leveling content, I am sure. I doubt you will see many new ones at max level though. Their isn't much reason anymore. They take too long to develop and people blow through them in a day. They made raiding easily puggable to fill that gap. They were never really able to roll out 5 mans. I mean in vanilla they had what...? Mara and then a million years later DM. Then TBC really just had MGT. The ICC ones were the ones for Wrath.

Vanilla 5-mans being easy? Maybe when you were level 70 or 80. But at the start of WoW those were really challenging for quite some time.
There were lots of challenging instances in BC and vanilla. Wipes were totally normal.

But since WotLK instances are extremely easy, quick and not very challenging (maybe the first time you run em). Sure, its nice to see PUGs not wiping anymore, but its just a stupid grindfest now.
Actually I found myself running the 3rd ICC 5-man only, because that one was one of the more challenging ones. Of course you had to have bad players to make it challenging, but me as a tank and healer could compensate that very well. That was my personal challenge... to make a bad group good. But that got boring quickly too because people got geared extremely fast. Even bad players got good equipment so that they wouldnt be as much fail anymore.

Youre right, there werent many 5-mans in vanilla. Scholomance, DM, Stratholme, BRD, LBRS. BUT they were huge. One run could take a whole day. Normaly you only ran a small section of that instance because everything would have taken too long.

Why shouldnt there be proper 5-man content? WoW has been going the casual way for quite some time now. That includes 5-mans.
Is it too much to ask to make 5-mans challenging again? Is it too much to ask to release a 5-man along with new raid instances?
I mean Blizzard make boatloads of money still. I would like to see some of that put into content, if they are not able to put it into balancing.

- Mojo Jojo

32. Re: World of Warcraft Patch Jun 22, 2010, 17:42 Muscular Beaver

MattyC wrote on Jun 22, 2010, 16:16:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Jun 22, 2010, 16:10:
Im sick of raiding...

It is a short onyish/voaish instance. And they just added 3 new 5 mans with ICC, so not sure what you mean by still.

Just? Thats over half a year ago and those 3 were extremely short and not really challenging (except the third one, if you were grouping with idiots).
Short or not, I simply dont like raiding anymore.

I really hope there will be lots of new 5 mans with Cataclysm that are at least as challenging as the ones in BC, or even better, like in vanilla.

- Mojo Jojo

27. Re: World of Warcraft Patch Jun 22, 2010, 16:10 Muscular Beaver

Im sick of raiding...

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > OnLive Launches Thursday, New Details
61. Re: OnLive Launches Thursday, New Details Jun 16, 2010, 04:02 Muscular Beaver

NewMaxx wrote on Jun 15, 2010, 18:13:
Really hard to believe we live in a country of pioneers sometimes when everybody just whines about everything.

Huh? Im no American, but even I learned that people went to the "New Land" because they complained a lot about things elsewhere.
Also when I was a little child I learned that complaining and criticism is a crucial part of democracy.

I could be horribly wrong on both parts, though.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Mass Effect 2 Overlord DLC Released
11. Re: Mass Effect 2 Overlord DLC Released Jun 16, 2010, 03:53 Muscular Beaver

Acleacius wrote on Jun 15, 2010, 16:39:
It's becoming more and more obvious as gamers we need to wait a year after release, so the game is finally fully patched and completed, not to mention the PRICE would be much more reasonable after a year.

Thats exactly what I have been doing for some time now.
I bought Mass Effect 2 right away, because I didnt think DLCs would be released that long and often (I wont buy ME3 until its stopped releasing DLC, though), but I still havent bought Dragon Age, because I am waiting for them to finish their DLC crap.

Man, those were nice times when you could buy an expansion 6 months after release, enjoy another 20-50 hours of gameplay and would be immersed again. Now you can only get like 1-2 hours of gameplay out of this DLC crap (if at all), and dont feel immersed at all because you cant really build up immersion again after such a short time. Most of the time.
Oh well, one more curse of the consoles...

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > OnLive Launches Thursday, New Details
14. Re: OnLive Launches Thursday, New Details Jun 15, 2010, 12:23 Muscular Beaver

If youre ok with the extreme input and output lag, sure why not.
I wont be touching it, though.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Dead Space 2 PC Control Improvements
10. Re: Dead Space 2 PC Control Improvements Jun 14, 2010, 13:07 Muscular Beaver

I hope that means fully customizable mouse buttons. I was so angry that I couldnt change the right mouse button to my control scheme. Fortunately I bought a mouse that has an awesome driver that could still let me customize the buttons and be assigned to the Dead Space exe.
Sensitivity/mouse lag was a problem too, but not really that bad.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Rockstar: No Current PC Red Dead Redemption Plans
55. Re: Rockstar: No Current PC Red Dead Redemption Plans Jun 12, 2010, 05:35 Muscular Beaver

If they make Social Club, GFWL or other similar crap requirement again for the PC, I really dont care if they port it or not.
I didnt buy GTA4 because of this, and I wouldnt buy this one either.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Gold - ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead
31. Re: Gold - ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead Jun 8, 2010, 14:29 Muscular Beaver

Well, who cares? If someone is that stupid to fall for Steam, he doesnt deserve better. No sympathy from me whatsoever.

Using ArmA 2 in Steam is like trying to drive a Ferrari Enzo with square wheels.

This comment was edited on Jun 8, 2010, 14:35.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Why Didn't You Buy GSB?
48. Re: Why Didn't You Buy GSB? Jun 6, 2010, 02:33 Muscular Beaver

Because I dont pay for flash games that also have a sterile atmosphere. This one even offers less gameplay than the simplest flashgame. I rather play Gemcraft or something like that...

Call me spoiled from the 90s, I dont care. If this is what PC games you have to pay for are becoming, I rather switch my hobby.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > World of Warcraft CTF
12. Re: World of Warcraft CTF Jun 6, 2010, 02:11 Muscular Beaver

Nightmares of hourlong WSG's?
Yeah I had those too once, but right now its nightmares about 8 hour long BG queues. Actually I stopped playing this game because of that.
Normally I played a lot of PvP and casually entered BGs before for a quick game, but after switching to horde because of friends it was just horrible. Even waiting for a WSG, AB or AV to pop up took 30 mins to 2 hours. Entering the SotA queue was completely pointless, because even after you got into a game after hours, Alliance players were never enough and the game was ended automatically. That mentioned 8 hours is no joke either. Happened every single day in the IoC queue (it was slightly better at weekends, but not much).

Judging from all the whining in the forums its not better in different Battlegroups either. Horde to Alliance ratio is just completely fucked since they added faction transfers. I really hope the next expansion fixes that, but since Alliance doesnt get any elves, I doubt that.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Natural Selection 2 Jetpacks
14. Re: Natural Selection 2 Jetpacks Jun 1, 2010, 03:18 Muscular Beaver

Razumen wrote on May 31, 2010, 22:18:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on May 31, 2010, 20:42:
NS1 was pretty fun, if completely imbalanced.

Was it? I remember battles used to go on for hours in some games, that's how balanced it was. Well, that was until the latest updates where the devs made changes to make the rounds go faster, which ironically actually made the game much less tense and exciting - and more unbalanced.

Yeah it was quite balanced at the start and a lot of fun with games lasting up to 4 hours. But after a few patches it was horrible.
Games were as fast as CS rounds and if marines had a semi-competent commander and a few people who followed his orders then aliens had no chance at all. Even Onos and Fades were mowed down like nothing all of the sudden.

I really hope it will be more like the first few months of NS1.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Natural Selection 2 Jetpacks
2. Re: Natural Selection 2 Jetpacks May 31, 2010, 15:45 Muscular Beaver

Well, I just hope they balance all this new stuff well. Balance wasnt the strength of NS at the end, though.  

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Ubisoft DRM Analysis
54. Re: Ubisoft DRM Analysis May 31, 2010, 04:32 Muscular Beaver

So thieves complain about games they dont pay for and that dont include draconian DRM, and legitimate customers dont complain about such things because they pay for being dragged through dirt after paying for their games?
That sounds... logical? Knife
Well, at least if you want totalitarian and unfair conditions, its logical, I guess.

I would really like to see people, who listen to opinions like that, to be confronted with PC sales that are nonexistent.
Too bad with all the bad news about this topic, there are still more than enough people who actually buy games like that.
In Germany its like the 9th week in a row with 3+ perma-internet connection requiring single player games in the Top 10 (most of them in the Top 5). Even more in the Top 20.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Shogun 2: Total War Revealed?
15. Re: Shogun 2: Total War Revealed? May 28, 2010, 18:36 Muscular Beaver

Divebomb wrote on May 28, 2010, 14:24:
still going to use steamworks I guess. not bothered

Doesnt Empire also use GFWL?
lol...

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Blizzard on DRM
16. Re: Where have you people been? May 27, 2010, 04:40 Muscular Beaver

Ahnteis wrote on May 27, 2010, 02:28:
This isn't news -- they've announced that online validation would be required to play SP long ago. It sounds like it'll be a one-time check (unlike the UBI method where a hiccup kicks you out of your game) but it's still a pain. Of course, Blizzard is more likely, than UBI IMHO, to change it if it's a problem for a lot of customers.

Cant wait for my Internet to fail for a whole day again. I will still have SC2 to get the time over with in singleplayer!
Oh wait...

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Total War Countdown
22. Re: Total War Countdown May 26, 2010, 05:13 Muscular Beaver

Its now at 1870. Guess its counting back to a timeframe they want to use for a new game.
I really hope it stops at like 500 BC.

- Mojo Jojo

1793 Comments. 90 pages. Viewing page 28.
< Newer [ 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo