Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Beaver

Real Name Beaver   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Muscular Beaver
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 28, 2002, 23:21
Total Comments 1794 (Pro)
User ID 12928

User comment history
< Newer [ 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ] Older >

News Comments > PC Modern Warfare 2 Resurgence Pack Released
9. Re: PC Modern Warfare 2 Resurgence Pack Released Jul 7, 2010, 03:09 Muscular Beaver

ASeven wrote on Jul 6, 2010, 17:51:
StingingVelvet wrote on Jul 6, 2010, 16:37:
Kobalt wrote on Jul 6, 2010, 15:28:
I love how this shot to the top seller on steam. No dedicated servers and it's still the most played on steam. DLC just eaten up. Guess pc players liked being screwed.

That's why its hard to tell publishers they are wrong on DLC, DRM and other such things... people eat it up.

And as long people eat up shit, the companies will sell them shit to eat.

Thats the wonder of new things. New things are always cool, even if they are actually crap.
Thats the consumer how it was wanted and was drilled for ages.

Oh that is so lame... You will PAY for your use of inappropriate dialogue!
- Mojo Jojo
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > More on Blizzard's Real ID
49. Re: More on Blizzard's Real ID Jul 7, 2010, 02:27 Muscular Beaver

PropheT wrote on Jul 6, 2010, 16:52:
Maybe they should just moderate their forums instead.

This is a dick move by Blizzard.

You mean actually use the billions they made from WoW? How can you dare to ask for that!

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Natural Selection 2 Hydra Trailer
4. Re: Natural Selection 2 Hydra Trailer Jul 3, 2010, 15:51 Muscular Beaver

Cant wait for it. I really, really hope they dont fuck this up.
So far it looks like NS1 with better graphics, and thats good enough for me.
Better balancing than the predecessor would be the icing.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Epic on PC Gaming
17. Re: Epic on PC Gaming Jul 2, 2010, 02:05 Muscular Beaver

So this games lead und developing platform is the PC?
If not, please stop lying so blatantly. Yeah I know all developers do that nowadays, but that doesnt make it right.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead Shipped, Patched
8. Re: ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead Shipped, Patched Jun 30, 2010, 05:55 Muscular Beaver

Yes, its not perfectly realistic, but its far more realistic than anything else out there. And if thats not enough, you can simply install ACE2, which is another huge step in realism (too much for some) and a very high quality mod with lots of servers that are running it.

BTW: You still havent answered me in that other thread concerning your inability to install a mod properly in this game. At least youre not blaming the game here again... Well, you do, but in another sense.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > More on MS and PC Gaming
10. Re: More on MS and PC Gaming Jun 29, 2010, 13:12 Muscular Beaver

If that means a new "improved" version of GFWL, they can go to hell.  

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Steam ARMA II Patched
6. Re: Steam ARMA II Patched Jun 29, 2010, 02:45 Muscular Beaver

DangerDog wrote on Jun 28, 2010, 23:32:
I'll put up with the disc checks because BIS will eventually remove them in a patch.

They have been removed with a patch a long time ago.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Jane's Advanced Strike Fighters
11. Re: Jane's Advanced Strike Fighters Jun 29, 2010, 02:39 Muscular Beaver

Oh man, I actually saw PC gaming renewed when I read this title... But then I saw "Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3".
If this is gonna be a real flight sim, I'm Bill Gates...
I really wonder how they got the IP. Yeah money, but how desperate can Jane's be...

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > ARMA 2 Patch
22. Re: ARMA 2 Patch Jun 27, 2010, 16:55 Muscular Beaver

LittleMe wrote on Jun 27, 2010, 05:37:
Cryptically, like this one. That's a message for Sherlock Holmes to decipher.
Is it? Did you notice they all include "ace"?
Been playing too much on consoles?

I see lots of ACE in there, but that server does not show in the browse list when I launch ArmA2 with ACE enabled as the instructions on this page show. I said this before.
Then you did something wrong. Servers dont just stop showing unless you change the filter, your connection to them sucks or they go offline.

There's a reason the browse list shows very few players. Stuff like this pushes people away.
Funny, during the WM soccer game today I checked that and I saw around 600 players. You should check your filter. Oh, and I filtered out all servers that I had a ping of over 150 ms to.

Yes I installed the program/script to keep ACE2 updated. It updated, but servers required additional content or optional ACE2 content that the script didn't install.
Some servers need additional addons like isles, which are being listed when you connect to them.

Yes I did also try to connect to a domination server and that failed. Maybe the server was running the mod for client 1.05 and the new 1.07 patch broke Domination. Not sure, as the game just locked up and I had to alt-tab out and terminate the application manually. More fail. :(
Seriously, youre screwing around with addons, not knowing what you are doing (not even knowing what you need) and then you blame the game? How about trying out the normal game first before doing such experiments? Wall2

Oh and Muscular Beaver that was a very mean post with flat-out-false personal attacks and your advice wasn't helpful because as I said in my first post, I did install ACE2 but you apparently got so upset at my opening sentence you posted in anger instead of acknowledging the truth - many servers are running custom mod content that requires custom installing, which Danger Dog fully acknowledged.
After your first 2 attempts at trolling (and spamming?), did you really expect people to kiss your ass?

Servers with mods need the client to have those mods properly installed. Duh.

You are mistaken, when connecting to a server running mods the game does not clearly say what mod content is needed, but just gives cryptic package names (sometimes well over fifteen) and drops back to the server browser.
As I said, did you notice the "ace" in that "cryptic" message? When so many addons are missing, that all incluse "ace". how about looking for faults on your side? Your addon is obviously not properly installed or loaded.

The instructions on the ACE2 website are pretty straight forward for people who know how to handle Windows Explorer. Maybe you didnt read that ACE2 has a few optional addons, that most servers need and that you should install aswell?
Maybe you havent noticed yet, but ArmA 2 is a very complex and very open game. There are thousands of addons for this game and even admins sometimes loose overview.
If you think the server you are on has too many mods installed (all named "ace" Pokestick ) then send them a message how much they are "fail". However, I have never seen such a server before even though I only use 3 to 6 addons and certainly play this game far more often than you do.

Last night I noticed at least half of the resonably populated servers are password locked which is understandable for server admins, but for players it's not friendly at all.
Uh, theres a button at the bottom of the screen that says "filter". If you click on that one you will find several options to filter servers (duh). That includes an option to filter passworded servers (duh).
Have you ever played games with a server browser before? Wall2

If there isn't a decent quantity of well populated servers running the base game or a easy-to-install mod, then that is fail in my book.
There are plenty, no matter if youre using ACE2 or not. Its getting thin if you have lots of addons installed, though. Not all servers allow all addons there are...
Youre just too dense to find them or your ArmA folder is already that fucked up that no server will accept you anymore.
And that is pristine and IMO unbelievable fail right there.

Since the game so openly embraces modding, it needs to handle mod content in multiplayer more gracefully. I don't know.. Maybe a torrent+crc download system.
Feel free to suggest that in the BIS forums. They are one of the very few PC developers left who actually listen to their playerbase.
But I dont really think they will take you seriously, since you obviously have never heard of readme.txts nor have you ever installed mods.
Its not BIS' fault, if administrators do with their ArmA 2-servers what they want or that players are too ignorant to read instructions.
This is no fucking console game. Get over it or GTFO. Trollbashing

This comment was edited on Jun 28, 2010, 03:43.

- Mojo Jojo

18. Re: ARMA 2 Patch Jun 26, 2010, 03:21 Muscular Beaver

Sounds more like you are full of fail. Youre trying to connect to servers that need installed addons and you are not able to install them properly.
Every time you connect to a server, it tells you what you need. Also its written in the server name. If it says ACE2 somewhere, it means you need ACE2. If you still need it, even though it isnt anywhere in the server name, then take a look at the map name, it also almost always tells you what mod is needed.

Maybe a little google search about ACE2 installing would have helped, or connect to a server that doesnt need any addons... Wall2

Oh well, people like you are no loss anyways. Go back to your console, will ya. Too much complexity and need to think for yourself here...

The Half Elf:
Because its simply not what you claim it to be? Neither ArmA 1 nor ArmA 2 are bugridden anymore. The patch support is fucking awesome compared to other developers out there (especially when considering the size of BIS). These guys actually listen to their customers.
Also I will say it again: ArmA 2 is a very good successor to ArmA 1. There is simply no need to develop ArmA 1 any further.
But maybe you can tell me what youre missing in ArmA 2 that ArmA 1 offers, since the other guy just wanted to troll and still hasnt posted an answer to that question.

- Mojo Jojo

7. Re: ARMA 2 Patch Jun 25, 2010, 19:34 Muscular Beaver

I asked you why and you only answer with insults...
Ill ask again: What was promised and wasnt delivered and why should they keep developing ArmA 1, if 2 is a much improved version?
This is not like FEAR 1 vs FEAR 2 or Supreme Commander 1 vs Supreme Commander 2. ArmA 2 is a very, very good successor. With Arrowhead you even get deserts back.

BTT:
I just tried the new version. The performance is again a lot better than before. I dont even need to use a RAMdisk anymore. Also LoD trashing is as good as gone. Gotta test it more tomorrow once more servers switched over, but so far it looks awesome.
I also read something about z-fighting being fixed when zoomed in, didnt check it though.

This comment was edited on Jun 25, 2010, 19:43.

- Mojo Jojo

4. Re: ARMA 2 Patch Jun 25, 2010, 18:46 Muscular Beaver

Donkey_Punch wrote on Jun 25, 2010, 18:41:
Finish Arma 1 for fuck's sakes.

Why? ArmA 2 is in almost every aspect far superior (except the maximum possible visibility range). They never finished the final patch for OFP either. Nobody cared about that either.

- Mojo Jojo

1. Re: ARMA 2 Patch Jun 25, 2010, 18:29 Muscular Beaver

If I read it right in the forums, they slapped 64 bit support (more memory used) in with a patch. Gotta love those guys.  

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > APB Audio Ads
17. Re: APB Audio Ads Jun 25, 2010, 13:39 Muscular Beaver

Nice. Whats next? Blizzard charging $5 per month extra if you dont want to have any goldseller spam anymore?  

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Splinter Cell: Conviction Patch
9. Re: Splinter Cell: Conviction Patch Jun 25, 2010, 09:14 Muscular Beaver

CJ_Parker wrote on Jun 25, 2010, 08:35:
Paketep wrote on Jun 25, 2010, 06:10:
It still is a spit in the faces of their customers.

I'm a customer of theirs and I don't feel spat at so it'd be great if you would kindly shut the fuck up kthx .

Some people like it wet and soggy I believe.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > BioWare on PC Gaming
52. Re: BioWare on PC Gaming Jun 24, 2010, 14:25 Muscular Beaver

Eldaron Imotholin wrote on Jun 24, 2010, 14:15:
PropheT wrote on Jun 24, 2010, 13:31:

I loved old PC RPG's, but going back to play them again now makes you wonder how you ever used to get into them so much. GoG.com is a great way to find out that nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

Nostalgia is possibly the greatest of the lies that we all tell ourselves. It is the glossing of the past to fit the sensibilities of the present. For some, it brings a measure of comfort, a sense of self and source, but others, I fear, take these altered memories too far, and because of that, paralyze themselves to the realities about them.

How many people long for that "past, simpler, and better world," without ever recognizing the truth that perhaps it was they who were simpler and better, and not the world about them?

Oh well. Anyway, nostalgia is a necessary thing, I believe, and a way for all of us to find peace in that which we have accomplished, or even failed to accomplish. At the same time, if nostalgia precipitates actions to return to that fabled, rosy-painted time, particularly in one who believes his life to be a failure, then it is an empty thing, doomed to produce nothing but frustration and an even greater sense of failure.

Even worse, if nostalgia throws barriers in the path toward evolution, then it is a limiting thing indeed.

I agree to some extend. I always notice that when I play old C64, Amiga or DOS games. They were nice in the past but now I simply cant stand em anymore.
However, PC games from like 10 years ago (and a little more) are still awesome most of the time. The really sad part is that many of them still offer more content and more complex gameplay than modern games.
Its not all blind nostalgia, even if some people think it is.
Not all things in the past were better, but there is no denying that some simply were. Younger people who dont believe that will find it out for themselves sooner or later.

- Mojo Jojo

49. Re: BioWare on PC Gaming Jun 24, 2010, 14:19 Muscular Beaver

Icewind wrote on Jun 24, 2010, 13:54:
the only "True" PC RPGs I've played in the last three years were Drakensang, The Witcher, and Risen. Everything else has, in some way, been watered down for the slope-headed console playing troglodytes.

I liked NWN2 and its first Expansion quite a lot. Oh wait, that was 3.5 years ago...
But the expansion was still in that 3 year period!

- Mojo Jojo

46. Re: BioWare on PC Gaming Jun 24, 2010, 14:07 Muscular Beaver

PropheT wrote on Jun 24, 2010, 13:31:
I loved old PC RPG's, but going back to play them again now makes you wonder how you ever used to get into them so much. GoG.com is a great way to find out that nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

Im actively doing that. Every few years or so I play Icewind Dale 1 & 2, BG 1 & 2 and other RPGs that are classics. Sure, I use a widescreen patch for the Infinity-Engine games, but aside from that, they are still almost as fun and immersing as when I played em the first time. I say almost because I already know the story, so the replay value isnt that great anymore (hence I wait years before playing em again).
Right now I am playing Nox and Age of Wonders. AoW is a RPG/TBS hybrid, but still one of the best PC games. Those dont have 3D graphics. They still look very nice because they are 2D Games.

- Mojo Jojo

26. Re: BioWare on PC Gaming Jun 24, 2010, 12:19 Muscular Beaver

Oh well. I cant say much about Dragon Age, because I am still waiting for the DLC flood to stop, but I played ME2 and from minute 1 it was obvious (as in part 1) that it was made for consoles.
If PC would have been the lead platform on that, it could have been pure epic. Baldur's Gate in space if you will.
Designed for consoles it was fun, but could not come even close to old PC RPGs.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > World of Warcraft Patch
50. Re: World of Warcraft Patch Jun 24, 2010, 05:36 Muscular Beaver

Krovven wrote on Jun 23, 2010, 13:58:
Uhm, so you are admitting that you never played WoW a lot because you always quit when you reached max level and then you want to tell me stuff about how hard heroic instances were? Sorry but do I have to take you seriously?

Obviously you want to be a dick...shocker I know, based on your post history.

Ah, there we go. Personal attacks because I showed you a huge flaw in your credibility. Mature.
Same can be said about yourself, if you didnt notice. Guess interpretation and point of view is everything, as you very well know, since you abuse them so much.

As you can't comprehend the simplest of things, I'll spell it out for you. Spending hours going through the process of finding a group, traveling to the dungeon, having people drop group, group wipes then disbands, only doing small portions of dungeons...all of this taking up hours and hours of time with nothing being accomplished...this was not fun for me. Questing basically ended at max level, thus my enjoyment ended as the dungeon system and end-game at the time was not fun. It was not fun for the majority of people. Blizzard has been very vocal about how they recognized this, and have made the changes over the years to fix exactly these problems.

I understood it the first time. What is there more to argue? I said speak for yourself.
I and my friends enjoyed that time a lot. I ran PUGs and guild 5-mans and 5-mans and raids with my friends with part PUGs. They were almost always enjoyable, and all veteran players I still know agree.
Sure there were the loners that never ran with friends, nor had any, and they whined a lot in the forums why they are being left behind.
As you may know the ones who whine the loudest in the forums most of the time get their will. It doesnt matter if it is the right thing to do. I remember the time when the rogue class was about to get a percentage calculated expose armor and people started to whine that it wouldnt help as much on cloth armor as the old form. Blizzard listened to them. Perfect example.

I remember very well running both Heroics with always horribly geared chars and friends. That was far harder in BC heroics than it was in WotLK.

I disagree. The dungeons I did do in BC, were no more difficult than WoTLK dungeons at the same time in the life of the expansion. Near the end of BC expansion, people were walking through Heroic instances, just as they are now in WoTK. As for raids, I can't compare very much, but of what I have seen, there are plenty of WoTLK raids that are very challenging, even when overgeared, due to the unique and imaginative designs of the mechanics. Hard mode raids in ICC easily trump the difficulty of old world raids.

Alright you disagree even though you stopped playing as soon as you reached 70.
I remember wiping all the time in BC heroics. Even on the simplest pulls, not to mention bosses that needed more skill than the wussies in WotLK. I also had to work far longer in normal instances before I tried to seriously run heroics. People were far more concerned about equipment in heroics in BC and they instantly kicked people with bad equipment. Why? Because the 5-man instances were harder.
I also remember seeing boatloads of whining on the chat channels about how crappy PUGs are on heroics and people suck so much. Ive seen whines like that in WotLK, but never even close to the amount as it was present in BC.

But ok, tanking and healing was made far easier with WotLK, but still BC instances were no more difficult. Sure.
You obviously never ran heroics as a healer or tank in BC (oh well, ok maybe as a paladin).

As for raids, I never talked about raids. I dont like them, I dont have much experience in them (except with the 20 & 40 mans in vanilla), so I dont talk about them.

This comment was edited on Jun 24, 2010, 05:53.

- Mojo Jojo

1794 Comments. 90 pages. Viewing page 27.
< Newer [ 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo