Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Beaver

Real Name Beaver   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Muscular Beaver
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 28, 2002, 23:21
Total Comments 1781 (Pro)
User ID 12928

User comment history
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

News Comments > GOG.com Re-launch Tomorrow [Updated]
65. Re: GOG.com Re-launch Tomorrow [Updated] Sep 22, 2010, 17:36 Muscular Beaver

Pyloff wrote on Sep 22, 2010, 17:30:
I admit I enjoy your posts, but this one was generic and tired. Come down off that mountain.

1. I dont post here enough to have fans.
2. The comprehensive view up here is quite nice. Im not coming down, but I invite others to come up here and look at it from here.

If you think its arrogance, so be it.

EDIT: alright, got it, wasnt directed at me.

This comment was edited on Sep 22, 2010, 17:44.

Oh that is so lame... You will PAY for your use of inappropriate dialogue!
- Mojo Jojo
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

59. Re: GOG.com Re-launch Tomorrow [Updated] Sep 22, 2010, 17:26 Muscular Beaver

Kajetan wrote on Sep 22, 2010, 17:20:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Sep 22, 2010, 17:13:
Come on... seriously...
Yes ... seriously! You dont have to agree, you dont even have to "get it". Just drop that arrogance and respect the fact, that some people are angry at GOG for that PR stunt.

I dont respect what I see as useless rage.
Even if it was a joke, albeit a bad one, why the fuck would you flip out like that? People here are reacting as if they tried to kill their children...

Somehow I wish this did happen with Steam. Maybe, just maybe some people would have come to their mind then. But I guess if it was Steam, all would be laughing.

BAD GOG! BAD! Knife

- Mojo Jojo

51. Re: GOG.com Re-launch Tomorrow [Updated] Sep 22, 2010, 17:13 Muscular Beaver

Kajetan wrote on Sep 22, 2010, 17:06:
Are you one of those people, who cannot be offended? Who stay calm all the time, never a loud word, being zen and such? Are you a monk?

There are people, customers who feel offended by this campaign. You are not. Thats okay. But denying them their feelings (you are not allowed to feel offended. If so, you must be stupid as i am smart) is disrespectful and arrogant.

Ill ignore your insult, because I guess youre still in senseless rage about... whatever.

I am offended by Publishers who pack DRM in their games, cut features and do bad ports. You should notice that I am pretty easily offended from my post history.
However, I dont see a reason here, since, as I said, they hinted multiple times that it wasnt a full closure but rather a redesign.
I mean I would understand such a hysteria if Ubisoft came out and said they now want a $15 rent for each 5 hours you play their games, because they already have a very bad reputation and it wouldnt really be surprising to hear something like that from them. But GOG?
Come on... seriously...

- Mojo Jojo

44. Re: GOG.com Re-launch Tomorrow [Updated] Sep 22, 2010, 16:58 Muscular Beaver

Dunno whats is up with you guys. Need your weekly hysteria and senseless bashing?
It was pretty obvious right from the beginning that this was either a misunderstanding or planned that way. They gave enough hints that it wasnt a full closure.

GOG closing with such short notice while they have Witcher 2 around the corner? Yeah right.

Nice that they have BG1 now. Im not sure if I should buy it. I still have the original here which runs great on Windows 7, even with the Widescreen patch.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Arma 2 Mission Editor Tutorial
1. Re: Arma 2 Mission Editor Tutorial Sep 18, 2010, 09:04 Muscular Beaver

Haha, I still havent tried it again. I made some very nice coop missions back in the OFP times, and so I know how much time it involves to make a good mission.
Anyway, this isnt just a mission editor. You can even make movies with this.
I just wish I could get some good voice talents for free and I would start making missions again.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Supreme Commander 2 Patched
2. Re: Supreme Commander 2 Patched Sep 16, 2010, 08:39 Muscular Beaver

I wish the first part would have gotten so much attention patch-wise. It would have needed em much more than this dumbed down console RTS.  

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Blizzard on Cheating
22. Re: Blizzard on Cheating Sep 15, 2010, 14:50 Muscular Beaver

Verno wrote on Sep 15, 2010, 08:57:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Sep 15, 2010, 08:03:
Actually its because of buying PC games that cut features, freedom and customer rights while increasing prices.

People should definitely deny themselves enjoyment to make a political statement about a hobby just because you do.

Nope, but those people should just STFU about features being cut, support being shitty, more draconic DRMs being implemented and content being "ported" to DLC or "2 more parts". Because when they buy games that do just that, they directly support such practices and have no right to whine unless they want to make a complete and utter idiot out of themselves.

- Mojo Jojo

17. Re: Blizzard on Cheating Sep 15, 2010, 08:03 Muscular Beaver

Verno wrote on Sep 15, 2010, 06:44:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Sep 15, 2010, 04:33:
You guys want pity for buying this POS? You deserve what you got. Its people like you who help killing PC gaming.

Yes, you monsters are killing PC gaming through your continual purchases of PC exclusive franchises!! You should be ashamed of yourselves for buying games you enjoy!!!!1 Wait a min....

Actually its because of buying PC games that cut features, freedom and customer rights while increasing prices.

- Mojo Jojo

13. Re: Blizzard on Cheating Sep 15, 2010, 04:33 Muscular Beaver

You guys want pity for buying this POS? You deserve what you got. Its people like you who help killing PC gaming.

Anyway, so I guess this game will be on the Top 10 for years aswell. Just because cheaters have to buy new games all the time. Look at CS:S.
I wouldnt be surprised if Blizzard planned this. In fact, if I look at the 10+ year old cheat that is still possible, even with their new Super Duper Hyper Go Go Samurai Perma-Internet Battle Net, I am pretty sure they did.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Oblivion Film TM
4. Re: Oblivion Film TM Sep 13, 2010, 11:06 Muscular Beaver

What will it be about? Running hours through dead and sterile countrysides?  

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Neverwinter Interview
4. Re: Neverwinter Interview Sep 10, 2010, 12:05 Muscular Beaver

WTF, I thought its an MMO. Where did I get that idea?
Are they serious? Singleplayer only online possible?
What were they smoking? Ubi-weed?

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Dragon Age Witch Hunt DLC Released
23. Re: Dragon Age Witch Hunt DLC Released Sep 8, 2010, 08:00 Muscular Beaver

Dr. D. Schreber wrote on Sep 8, 2010, 06:42:
itt people don't understand cost nor time of development cycles. Some DLC is a blatant rip-off, some is blatantly done before release day, but the idea that something like this one (as much as it still may be overpriced, if not by nearly as much as the anti-DLC brigade likes to pretend) should've been "part of the original game" is absurd.

Yeah, uh well...
I like DLCs when they are like the BAF DLC from Bohemia.
All others Ive seen so far are blatant ripoffs and also instead of keeping me playing, they force me to buy the game about 1 year after release when they stopped releasing DLC, because it simply destroys the immersion in the game. I dont want to play the game once a month for 1 hour after I have played through already, neither do I want to play through it again every time a DLC is released. I want to enjoy it fully with all the content possible when I want. Not when the Publisher wants.
Thats where normal expansions were MUCH MUCH better. They offered a whole new story and lots of content in addition to the original game. DLC only adds small minor fragments to the original game, which arent even a whole expansion if you put em together, but cost up to twice as much.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > ArcaniA: Gothic 4 Demo This Month
29. Re: ArcaniA: Gothic 4 Demo This Month Sep 6, 2010, 09:20 Muscular Beaver

Slashman wrote on Sep 6, 2010, 09:05:
no tangible benefit

Objectively looking at it, THAT must be it. Mad

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > ArcaniA: Gothic 4 Demo This Month
27. Re: ArcaniA: Gothic 4 Demo This Month Sep 6, 2010, 07:49 Muscular Beaver

If all you're trying to do is promote your anti-Steam campaign, you'll have to find supporters elsewhere.

Some people really tick off fast if their holy grail is criticized...

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > H.A.W.X. 2 Launch Trailer
4. Re: H.A.W.X. 2 Launch Trailer Sep 5, 2010, 05:47 Muscular Beaver

ForgedReality wrote on Sep 4, 2010, 04:49:
Could be really fun if you like arcadey flight games. Wish they'd improve the graphics though. At least they have the (canceled) f-22...

Did anybody else notice the inconsistency in the video near the beginning....? It shows the tail end of a jet preparing for take-off, but instead of being like a jet engine in real life, where the ports CLOSE to increase thrust, they're opening. Completely opposite to the way physics work as we know them. But then, so is everything else about this game. I guess it's not such an inconsistency afterall in that perspective.

Would be nice if it was just an arcadey flight sim. I used to love those. But this is just some Shoot Em Up with no ties to a simulation whatsoever.

I dont know for sure if those ports open wide when under higher thrust, but they DO open wide when the afterburner is activated.

Oh and its an Ubisoft game, so no buy, even if it was a real simulation.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Dungeon Siege III Trailer
12. Re: Dungeon Siege III Trailer Sep 4, 2010, 13:55 Muscular Beaver

StingingVelvet wrote on Sep 4, 2010, 11:51:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Sep 4, 2010, 04:03:
Too bad, I really liked DS. But I am already used to epic IPs that get raped with consolisation, childish graphics and dumbed down gameplay.

Because Diablo clones are the height of intelligent gameplay.

Uhm, thats the point. Why dumb those down even further??
I mean DS had no story and the gameplay was extremely simple, but it had an awesome atmosphere because the graphics, the sound and the scenery felt mature. It even had a few innovations.
Now look at that. Looks like its a game for the PSP.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > DNF ShakyCam Footage
19. Re: DNF ShakyCam Footage Sep 4, 2010, 13:53 Muscular Beaver

StingingVelvet wrote on Sep 4, 2010, 13:15:
Consoles killed my babies!

Really?
Sounds more like a lot of your brain cells.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > DNF ShakyCam Footage
8. Re: DNF ShakyCam Footage Sep 4, 2010, 07:27 Muscular Beaver

I have to agree with ForgedReality. The fact that they only showed the console version really makes me shiver. Some little shaky cam doesnt bother me nearly as much.

Oh well, if this turns out to be console gameplay on the PC, it will be the biggest fail in gaming history (prolly not from the financial viewpoint, since there are enough console kids that will "buy" this unreflected) and will probably mark for even the dumbest and blindest the end of PC gaming.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Dungeon Siege III Trailer
8. Re: Dungeon Siege III Trailer Sep 4, 2010, 04:03 Muscular Beaver

And here I thought Obsidian was the new Black Isle.
This looks like a japanese console action RPG for children.

Too bad, I really liked DS. But I am already used to epic IPs that get raped with consolisation, childish graphics and dumbed down gameplay.

This comment was edited on Sep 4, 2010, 04:09.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever Complete?
21. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Complete? Sep 2, 2010, 12:38 Muscular Beaver

I would still be interested, but times change and now it will most likely be a dumbed and cut down console shooter.
No thanks.

- Mojo Jojo

1781 Comments. 90 pages. Viewing page 24.
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo