Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Beaver

Real Name Beaver   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Muscular Beaver
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 28, 2002, 23:21
Total Comments 1781 (Pro)
User ID 12928

User comment history
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

News Comments > World of Warcraft Patch, Hotfix
9. Re: World of Warcraft Patch, Hotfix Feb 9, 2011, 18:34 Muscular Beaver

Verno wrote on Feb 9, 2011, 15:18:
Endo wrote on Feb 9, 2011, 15:17:
It was super nice of Blizzard to finally make it so easy to quit WoW. With this last patch, I finally have no desire to play whatsoever. Thanks Blizzard!

Paper thin troll but it's surprising how many people I've been hearing that from recently.

Troll?
Well I guess I am one too then, because I also quit because of this fail of a patch. Reasons have been stated here already and in previous news about WoW.

Oh that is so lame... You will PAY for your use of inappropriate dialogue!
- Mojo Jojo
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Dead Space 2 Key Remap Patch Plans
7. Re: Dead Space 2 Key Remap Patch Plans Feb 8, 2011, 11:50 Muscular Beaver

People already criticized this in the first part. Yet there a disabled person has to complain about it before they change it...
Maybe we should use this more often. Like more PC games because there are no disabled-friendly input devices on consoles.
Or lets get a study started that console games actually decrease intelligence of people and real PC games increase it since they are much more complex.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Call of Juarez: The Cartel Announced
11. Re: Call of Juarez: The Cartel Announced Feb 7, 2011, 17:43 Muscular Beaver

Well, the second game was already a console shooter with autoaiming and simple and short gameplay, so the logical way would be to make the third part even worse. So far they are on track. GJ!

Seriously though, its a real shame what happened to this franchise. Perfect example what the console hype does to a very nice and memorable PC game.

This comment was edited on Feb 7, 2011, 17:48.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Dragon Age II DRM Explained
46. Re: Dragon Age II DRM Explained Feb 1, 2011, 09:02 Muscular Beaver

Golwar wrote on Feb 1, 2011, 06:46:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Feb 1, 2011, 06:39:
Why should pirates complain? They have DRM-free software in any case.

Who said that pirates are reasonable?
More or less PvtPoopy said that pirates are quite often trolls too and I share that conclusion.

And yes, I also don't see anything wrong with that DA2 DRM - if it is just as explained.

Just because you say pirates arent reasonable, it doesnt make you or him reasonable.

- Mojo Jojo

36. Re: Dragon Age II DRM Explained Feb 1, 2011, 06:39 Muscular Beaver

Why should pirates complain? They have DRM-free software in any case.  

- Mojo Jojo

34. Re: Dragon Age II DRM Explained Feb 1, 2011, 06:07 Muscular Beaver

Paketep wrote on Jan 31, 2011, 21:01:
Much better than the usual shit (the non Steam DRM).

Bravo for EA. No DRM at all would be just as effective and even much better for consumers, but hey, let's applaud this giant step in the right direction.

See, Ubi?. Do that, and we'll go back to buying your games (if they're good). Keep your shitty DRM and it'll keep being no money for you.

Wow, how peoples standards have declined in the past years... Just because it isnt as unbelievable as the Ubi one, its suddenly super duper!

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > World of Warcraft PTR Patch
10. Re: World of Warcraft PTR Patch Jan 30, 2011, 08:24 Muscular Beaver

The Half Elf wrote on Jan 30, 2011, 02:16:
Considering how much content, equipment, etc Blizzard keeps adding to WoW, would you rather they keep balancing things, or have things out of balance?

Right now they have an extremely unbalanced game and are only making it worse with these changes.
Also they dont add much content. Considering every expansion actually makes huge parts of the game useless, it doesnt add much at all.
Cataclysm was the shortest expansion ever. I was bored of it after 2 weeks, however I stayed a bit longer because of friends and I leveled another char to 85.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Operation Flashpoint: Red River Trailer
1. Re: Operation Flashpoint: Red River Trailer Jan 29, 2011, 12:41 Muscular Beaver

*crickets*  

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > World of Warcraft Hotfixes
12. Re: Metal Gear Solid: Rising on PC Jan 28, 2011, 07:23 Muscular Beaver

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Jan 27, 2011, 21:32:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Jan 27, 2011, 17:15:
I played healer before, only because I had lots of responsibility and could often compensate for other peoples mistakes.
I guess you never played in vanilla. Because you couldn't compensate for players then either. Healing was hard, harder then it is now. But honestly it feels 'off', and that's the best way I can put it. Wrath sucked without question, but I will say that TBC had just about everything right.

Really if you didn't care, you wouldn't have posted what you did either. So there's some part of you that still does.
I did heal back then. Healing was only hard because there was no spellpower at first, which Blizzard corrected a little later. If you had a good equipped group, healing was easy back then too, hell we even had a healing/tank hybrid druid in the guild back then, who actually healed himself when running 5-mans, LOL. You should actually remember...

Nope, I dont care anymore. I only care about Blizzards stupidity and ignorance which I have a high interest in. I will still read all their patch notes because I want to know if they learn or not. Judging from the next patch notes, they dont at all.

- Mojo Jojo

8. Re: Metal Gear Solid: Rising on PC Jan 27, 2011, 17:15 Muscular Beaver

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Jan 27, 2011, 13:44:
Jurio wrote on Jan 27, 2011, 11:00:
world of queuecraft, where you pay us $15/month to sit in a queue for 40 minutes only to join a fail dungeon
Well you could always play a healer or a tank. But I guess that requires too much thinking then mashing 3 buttons. I don't think I've ever waited longer than 5mins on my healer, most of the time it's under a minute.

The queue problem lies directly at the feet of 'too many dps(cuz dps is ez), and not enough tanks and healers'

And then? I played a healer, it was hard with the new changes and crappy gear at first, but after the 2nd heroic I got the hang of it and was healing like a champ. I played healer before, only because I had lots of responsibility and could often compensate for other peoples mistakes. That time is over and as a healer you get blamed far more often than the DPS or tank, since people still dont grasp that healing isnt what it used to be. I was tired of it quickly, but I also got my full heroic gear (346+) FAR, FAR faster than in any expansion before, so the sense in doing heroics wasnt there anymore anyway.

Anyone who calls those heroics hard, needs to play BC heroics again. Cata heroics are a joke actually and become boring very, very quickly. The groups I was in the last few weeks almost all ran through them without CC, as if they were WotLK heroics with level 245 gear. And the tanks mostly only have around 340 ilvl.
Gotta love their class balance now too. They are even buffing already immensely overpowered classes and nerfing the weak or average ones with huge cuts to their abilities they had for years. Typical Blizzard stuff...
Oh well, I dont care anymore, Im done with it. Never stopped playing so quickly after an expansion before.

- Mojo Jojo

2. Re: Metal Gear Solid: Rising on PC Jan 27, 2011, 11:25 Muscular Beaver

BG queues are not much better either. Especially rated BGs. I love spending 2 hours to get one together only to notice that the queue is as long.
Quit the game a few days ago since there is simply nothing to do anymore for people who dont raid.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Operation Flashpoint: Red River Q&A, Diary
4. Re: Operation Flashpoint: Red River Q&A, Diary Jan 27, 2011, 09:48 Muscular Beaver

That arrogance is astonishing. Looks like they really think their customers are complete idiots...  

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > PC Gaming Alliance Interview
11. Re: PC Gaming Alliance Interview Jan 21, 2011, 18:55 Muscular Beaver

Cutter wrote on Jan 21, 2011, 17:40:
Dirwulf wrote on Jan 21, 2011, 17:06:
StingingVelvet wrote on Jan 21, 2011, 17:02:
The expansion of who gamers are means Farmville, in case anyone couldn't read between the lines there.

Making games is a business, not a sport, or something you do for fun. If you want to make money, you need to find the biggest audience. That means casual games. As a hardcore gamer, a game developer and a captalist pig, I have no problem with this.

There is the happy medium too. Not everyone who does a job in every industry is all about the greenbacks, including gaming. However, on this subject the economics is what we're discussing. Regardless of whatever the major publishers choose to do it behooves Microsoft to get off their asses and pimp the shit out of PC gaming if they want to continue making OS' and have people, you know, actually buy them. I find it laughable when people say the PC is on the way out. No, it's not. For a great many people, and I'd suspect that number is still growing it's their central hub in their home. They work on it, they play on it, it's their stereo, and in some cases TV and DVD player too. Piracy is such a non-issue that's laughable too. You can spin facts and figures all kinds of ways with it, when it really comes down to if you percieve it as tom-ayto or tuh-mato. We still see that good, or popular, games and franchises on the PC can sell through the roof, nevermind all the other apps that keep people employed which will never apply to a console. What's good for the PC is good for developers and publishers too.

It surely wasnt all about money a few years back. PC games were actually considered art. But what do you expect from stock-corporations that have a long history of killing/raping good developer teams? Killing PC gaming and thus devolving gaming to Nintendo 64-like gameplay is just another step. 2 birds with one stone actually. Their so called arch enemy, the pirates, will be killed, or so they think, and games need far less content, only simple gameplay and thus cost far less money.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > World of Starcraft Modder Gets Job Offer
7. Re: World of Starcraft Modder Gets Job Offer Jan 20, 2011, 06:39 Muscular Beaver

Hahaha. Blizzard, the savior of PC gaming...  

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Cataclysm Sells 4.7M in One Month
52. Re: Cataclysm Sells 4.7M in One Month Jan 11, 2011, 06:47 Muscular Beaver

Been playing since release and cant really say that the game was worth it.
It was really fun to level since the new zones and quests are very well made this time, but when you reach 85 and you got every reputation to the max and also have the best equipment you can get from heroics or justice points, then is kinda game over. I got to that point in 1 month with 2 chars. Now I am bored to death and only do some profession dailies and the daily random to get my valor points.

PvP is a joke too. Not only is the balance completely borked, but Blizzard also decided to nerf and buff the completely wrong classes and issues. They are making things far worse. Even though I have full PvP gear, I cant get myself to regularly PvP. Before Cata I was a PvP junkie, doing at least 10 BGs every day.
Oh well only 1 month left on my game time card anyway.

I just wish they would add more 5-man content and would release content patches every month. I simply cant get myself to raid because of the time and having to deal with idiocy and greed. Also because of resilience my reasons to raid have vanished pretty much. Why should I get better PvE gear? Just so I can hit NPCs better that are balanced around my gear? What if I get a good guild and in another month I have full raid equipment? What then? Whats the point? Boring and stupid.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > World of Warcraft Changes and Plans
18. Re: World of Warcraft Changes and Plans Dec 28, 2010, 20:26 Muscular Beaver

I actually played my druid 3 years in a row. Looks like its coming to an end finally again...
Thanks Blizztard for fucking classes every now and then. But this time I wont reroll, this time I will quit, assholes.
Gotta love how they say druids are hard to root or slow. How about letting them go against a frost or arcane mage and see how "awesome" their shifting ability can help them when they are slowed and/or rooted again the second they are done powershifting.

People just whine while there is no way to accurately get a viewpoint of balance since everyone still has lots of crappy gear and PvE gear, while other cracks are almost fully arena equipped already...

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Windows 8 and Gaming
61. Re: Windows 8 and Gaming Dec 23, 2010, 23:33 Muscular Beaver

What? Seriously? They are going to kill their Shitbox and GFWL for good when W8 comes out?
Hallelujah!

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Arma II Patches
8. Re: Arma II Patches Dec 22, 2010, 15:22 Muscular Beaver

SirKnight wrote on Dec 22, 2010, 12:23:
Oh boy another 4GB download from STEAM. I like Arma 2 and all, but the way BIS handles STEAM sucks. Every time there's a new patch, you have to download the whole game all over again. BAH!

But at least they give free maps/missions. Something very few devs are willing to do any more. BIS is one of the very few true PC devs left.

Ive said it before: Trying to play a real PC game like ArmA 2 over steam is like trying to drive a car with square wheels. No sympathy from me.

Btw, ArmA 2 also loves SSDs. Fast ones even more. Its unbelievable how much of a performance boost it is. Even better than switching from a dual core to a quad core (which I also did).

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > More World of Warcraft Hotfixes
1. Re: More World of Warcraft Hotfixes Dec 17, 2010, 04:31 Muscular Beaver

Really nice that they have such a list now. However, that doesnt change the fact that its still buggy as hell and has been for 2 months.  

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Cataclysm Sells 3.3m in 24 Hours
11. Re: Cataclysm Sells 3.3m in 24 Hours Dec 13, 2010, 12:19 Muscular Beaver

I gotta say (for the first time) they deserved it. This expansion is by far the best one of them all. It sucks that its only 5 levels (I got them in 2 days), but the zones and quests are simply awesome and this time actually deliver an RPG-worthy atmosphere and immersion. I honestly never thought I would say that.  

- Mojo Jojo

1781 Comments. 90 pages. Viewing page 21.
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo