Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Beaver

Real Name Beaver   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Muscular Beaver
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 28, 2002, 23:21
Total Comments 1785 (Pro)
User ID 12928

User comment history
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

News Comments > Arma 2 Patch
14. Re: Arma 2 Patch Mar 23, 2011, 19:37 Muscular Beaver

Darks wrote on Mar 23, 2011, 18:27:
Beaver, youíre just like Verno, your making an assumption ok. Heres a clue back: first off I own it on Steam, so itís ALWAYS up-to-date with steam. Two years past? Dude, we just tried playing this game about 2 months ago with all the issues I outlined.

Persoanally I dont like to argue with people, but Verno pissed me off to no end.

Dude, what you said are exactly the bugs that have been fixed LONG ago. Stop making an absolute jerk out of yourself. Buy OA, enjoy it or just STFU and play your console crap.

Oh that is so lame... You will PAY for your use of inappropriate dialogue!
- Mojo Jojo
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: Arma 2 Patch Mar 23, 2011, 17:14 Muscular Beaver

Im not going to argue with you, youve shown enough times that theres no point in that, instead Ill give you a friendly clue: Patch your game and dont base your "facts" on things that are almost 2 years past.
Youre just showing your ignorance.

- Mojo Jojo

7. Re: Arma 2 Patch Mar 23, 2011, 16:35 Muscular Beaver

PunkiBastardo wrote on Mar 23, 2011, 14:14:
this game is awesome, one of the most fullfiling multiplayer experiences I've had, missions may take a while to get to their culprit, but oh boy, when it gets tense, it's unbelievable.
Also, I have to mention that I haven't had any noticable bugs myself, so... following the logic of some of the posters here, everyone else who says that has them just doesn't care about the poor developers. Also worth mentioning that I started playing well after it was released, so it was pretty patched up already

Dont mind Darks, I dont know where he came from but he posts his bullshit everywhere lately.

Im also still playing it. It has its flaws, but if anyone remembers real PC gaming, that was nothing unusual at all. The fun ist still overwhelming. I played domination for a long time, but now Im playing warfare, which is just pure fun. I hope they are doing another expansion pack this year.
And Bohemias support is just awesome. They are such a small developer and still care so much for their playerbase. When all other corporation publishers and developers are releasing crappy console ports after console ports, Bohemia will still be the light in the tunnel and the one and only game I will still upgrade my PC for.

This is one awesome video too:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_41u9dQuI8

This comment was edited on Mar 23, 2011, 17:01.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Operation Flashpoint: Red River & GFWL
24. Re: Operation Flashpoint: Red River & GFWL Mar 22, 2011, 18:12 Muscular Beaver

Darks wrote on Mar 22, 2011, 17:50:
^Drag0n^ wrote on Mar 22, 2011, 17:33:
Overon wrote on Mar 22, 2011, 17:28:
GFWL? No thanks.

Ditto. Epic fail, Codemasters. Epic fail.

^D^

This is the point I was trying to make, OK, so just because it has GFWL that constitutes a no buy? You got to be kidding me. Iím not just talking about this game, this goes for any game that uses GFWL.

The game hasnít even come out but you all have made a conscious decision to not buy the game. To me thatís just absurd. How do you all justify your comments on a game thatís not even released? Just because it doesnít have a feature that you all like? You all donít have any clue how this game will play but you all made a decision to not even try it. Sometimes I wonder if people are saying what they do just to go along with what others are saying or agreeing upon.

This is the point I was making about how people make blind decision on a game that no one has even played yet. And just because it has GFWL is not a valid excuse to not purchase a game. Now if there were a lot of reviews out and the game sucked, OK I understand that but to make a claim about something thatís not out yet is plain absurd.

Kinda hard to grasp, huh?
I also dont buy fuel thats made by deforesting the rain forest, even though its fuel. I also wouldnt buy a car that can only be driven with one certain brand of tires, even though it would be a car.
Some people still have principles, and those people dont support bullshit like that and thus always have a clean conscious when it gets worse (and it WILL get worse, my friend, if more like you just consume without thinking even a bit).

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Operation Flashpoint: Red River & GFWL
6. Re: Operation Flashpoint: Red River & GFWL Mar 22, 2011, 13:31 Muscular Beaver

StingingVelvet wrote on Mar 22, 2011, 11:26:
Gotta love how they don't have the balls to ask why they are using GFWL when everyone hates it.

Critical questions? Where do you live?
If they start asking such questions they wont be getting the next interview.
Yes, its that simple and unbelievable.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Dragon Age II SecuROM Follow-up
48. Re: Dragon Age II SecuROM Follow-up Mar 21, 2011, 08:49 Muscular Beaver

avianflu wrote on Mar 21, 2011, 08:27:
The point is that software copy protection is all about protecting sales of newly released software because that is when unit sales are greatest.

Its not. Its about giving investors and shareholders a feeling of security, since most of them dont even remotely have any idea about software. They only hear about the bad pirates and how they supposedly hurt sales a lot.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > WoW Patch Plans
6. Re: WoW Patch Plans Mar 16, 2011, 06:07 Muscular Beaver

I checked the forums yesterday and it seems the huge outcry about last patch has settled and people actually often acting like it never happened (suggesting to roll feral druid for PvP for example).
I wish I had millions of stupid customers like those.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Steam User Loses Almost $1800 in Games Due to Ban [Updated]
45. Re: Steam User Loses Almost $1800 in Games Due to Ban [Updated] Mar 15, 2011, 09:02 Muscular Beaver

Agreed. Its his own fault. Not because he tried to sell the account but because he used Steam in the first place.  

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Dragon Age II Beta Patch
54. Re: Dragon Age II Beta Patch Mar 13, 2011, 21:16 Muscular Beaver

Jerykk wrote on Mar 13, 2011, 21:07:
Those I mentioned work in DX9. DA2 suddenly looks almost exactly the same on consoles as the PC DX9 version even though dozens of other DX9 games (incl. Bioware games) always looked better on the PC?

Color me confused. Yes, PC versions of multiplatform games almost always look and perform better on PC. This is because the PC versions offer higher resolutions, higher AA, higher AF and higher framerates. However, the actual assets are exactly the same between console and PC 99% of the time. DA2 is actually pretty unique in that it offers a whole bunch of unique visual features for the PC version, in addition to the usual benefits. What was the last port that offered hi-res textures? Or new lighting effects? Or tesselation? When you play DA2 at the highest detail settings, it looks very clearly better than the console versions. Make no mistake, X360 was the lead platform for DA2 but Bioware did put a decent amount of effort into the PC port. More effort than most ports get.

I am not talking about the highest settings! I am talking about implementing DX9 worse than it should/could be! Of course it looks better in DX11 on the PC (but not that much)!

ME2 had higher resolution textures (most of the time at least) and any other "higher standard" game I can remember that was ported from the console (again: Im talking about DX9 PC ports).

Yes, its nice to have some DX11 features, but limiting features that DX9 also can do to DX11 only is NOT how it should be.

- Mojo Jojo

49. Re: Dragon Age II Beta Patch Mar 13, 2011, 21:00 Muscular Beaver

Dirwulf wrote on Mar 13, 2011, 20:44:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Mar 13, 2011, 20:37:
Dirwulf wrote on Mar 13, 2011, 20:28:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Mar 13, 2011, 20:21:
Jerykk wrote on Mar 13, 2011, 20:15:
For anyone criticizing DA2 based on the mindless combat seen in the demo, it should be noted that the combat is exponentially harder on Nightmare difficulty. You have to plan carefully and micromanage your party, otherwise you'll get destroyed. Granted, there's still a lot of filler combat and most of the combat encounters aren't particularly well-designed, but it's definitely not mindless.

For anyone thinking people are only talking about the combat: Its the whole game that makes you think youre sitting in front of a console. Just look at the repeating scenery and dumbed down content and controls.
I wont even start about the audacious way of implementing DX11.

What Audacious way of implementing DX11? You mean the Hi-Res pack? Ever heard of little game called Lord of the Rings Online? Did you know they do the same thing? They have a hi-res version of the game and a low res version. Why? Because not everyone has a friggin' video card that can handle DX11. So why waste the space and time if you can't use it?

Because the resolution of textures has nothing to do with the game running in DX9 or DX11. Its not only the textures, its also AF, shadows, particles and more. DX9 doesnt equal a slow graphics card, especially in the age of shitty console ports.

But interesting you mention an MMO. It almost felt like an extremely simple MMO actually. Something I would never thought I would feel in an BioWare game.

What? This game uses technology that DX9 doesn't support. Why add it to the game if you can't use it?. If you have a card the supports the DX11 technology used, you can install a graphics upgrade. That's the same logic behind the the Hi-res version of LOTRO, although with LOTRO its DX9 to DX10 technology difference.

You dont get it, huh?
Those I mentioned work in DX9. DA2 suddenly looks almost exactly the same on consoles as the PC DX9 version even though dozens of other DX9 games (incl. Bioware games) always looked better on the PC?
Ohhhkay.

Tired of this, literally. Good night.

- Mojo Jojo

46. Re: Dragon Age II Beta Patch Mar 13, 2011, 20:45 Muscular Beaver

Teddy wrote on Mar 13, 2011, 20:30:
For anyone thinking people are only talking about the combat: Its the whole game that makes you think youre sitting in front of a console. Just look at the repeating scenery and dumbed down content and controls.

The repeating scenery has already been brought up, but that's hardly a "console" issue. It's no more prevalent there than it has been in PC games. It's lazy and cheap just as Jerykk pointed out, but trying to add that into your 'consolized' argument doesn't make any sense. That sort of thing has existed in PC games for ages as well.

Im not going to start with you on the controls since you already proved in your second sentence that it doesnt make sense to talk about that with you.

So, repeating scenery was there in PC games, yes. But that was decades ago because PC games actually evolved for a time (not anymore) Just now it seems to be coming back - with console ports. Remember, we are talking about a BioWare game (not that that means anything anymore).

- Mojo Jojo

44. Re: Dragon Age II Beta Patch Mar 13, 2011, 20:37 Muscular Beaver

Dirwulf wrote on Mar 13, 2011, 20:28:
For anyone criticizing DA2 based on the mindless combat seen in the demo, it should be noted that the combat is exponentially harder on Nightmare difficulty. You have to plan carefully and micromanage your party, otherwise you'll get destroyed. Granted, there's still a lot of filler combat and most of the combat encounters aren't particularly well-designed, but it's definitely not mindless.

What Audacious way of implementing DX11? You mean the Hi-Res pack? Ever heard of little game called Lord of the Rings Online? Did you know they do the same thing? They have a hi-res version of the game and a low res version. Why? Because not everyone has a friggin' video card that can handle DX11. So why waste the space and time if you can't use it?

Because the resolution of textures has nothing to do with the game running in DX9 or DX11. Its not only the textures, its also AF, shadows, particles and more. DX9 doesnt equal a slow graphics card, especially in the age of shitty console ports.

But interesting you mention an MMO. It almost felt like an extremely simple MMO actually. Something I would never thought I would feel in an BioWare game.

- Mojo Jojo

37. Re: Dragon Age II Beta Patch Mar 13, 2011, 20:21 Muscular Beaver

- Mojo Jojo

30. Re: Dragon Age II Beta Patch Mar 13, 2011, 20:09 Muscular Beaver

Dirwulf wrote on Mar 13, 2011, 19:37:
JoeNapalm wrote on Mar 13, 2011, 19:34:
Teddy wrote on Mar 13, 2011, 18:25:
It's also well known in the industry that gamers behave like children who will post metacritic reviews having never played the game. Better still are the idiots who post reviews that they LOVE the game top to bottom and give it a 1 because they can't figure out the website.

Regardless of what the whiners say, the game is good. It's not as good as the original in my opinion, but that doesn't automatically make it a 2/10 game. That's the true idiocy of gamers today, if it doesn't live up to what THEY expected from the game, all of a sudden it's the worst game of all time. If they'd had no expectation and it was a new IP that they tried, they'd give it a 7 or 8 instead.

Pure idiocy. A game sequel isn't scored according to how much you liked the original more, or what you were expecting from it. It's scored based on what it is. That's what gamers never seem to grasp about reviews and that's why official review scores typically vary so much from anonymous gamer review scores, particularly when involving a sequel.

It's pure idiocy to think that players aren't going to look at a sequel in comparison to the original.

While DA2 might have been a decent action game, it's the sequel to a well-liked RPG. The people who are trashing it in their ratings are rating it as a sequel to DAO.

The simple fact is the Bioware/EA decided to cash in for the quick money and broad demographic, just like they did with ME2 - but what those wonks don't realize is, they're doing irreparable harm to Bioware's reputation.

Sure, they can make big money in the short term, but they've cooked the goose that was laying the golden eggs. The asshats responsible don't care, though - they can probably live in style for the rest of their lives, and let the IPs what we all enjoyed wither and die.

I liked it better when gaming wasn't "mainstream"...It's gotten way too Hollywood.

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

So wait, now that its no longer catered to a hard core audience, and more people than ever are enjoying and buying it, its going to die? Hardly. If they keep this formula, the 3rd will outsell the second, which is surely to outsell the first.

And still if I play games like that I feel like I am losing IQ points every minute.

More people like it that way? Look at all the user ratings! More people bought it maybe, but like it?
Sure, if I ask console players if they liked it, most of them will say yes, but if you want to play such games, consoles were there for those people in the past. BUT we are f*****g talking about the PC here!

If you like such games, go play on your console and stfu or post on console sites. Dont think for a second games on PC have to be that way too.
People are pissed because BioWare, which was raised by PC people who enjoyed complex RPG games like BG, IWD, etc are now turning their backs on them by consolifying "the spiritual successor of Baldurs Gate" and you guys think its unjustified, even if many of them actually have FACTS to back up the claim of an inferior game? WTF is wrong with you?

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > BioWare on Dragon Age II DRM
33. Re: BioWare on Dragon Age 2 DRM Mar 12, 2011, 10:41 Muscular Beaver

Overon wrote on Mar 12, 2011, 10:19:
Maybe someone should take the time to compare and contrast dragon age 2 with dragon age 1 to list everything that is wrong with dragon age 2.

Look at Marvin below you. People like him dont care. And all the rest knows what a shitty game DA2 is. Its just sad that many had to buy it first to learn it.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > SecuROM in Dragon Age II?
6. Re: SecuROM in Dragon Age II? Mar 11, 2011, 16:38 Muscular Beaver

Well, they also said DA2 wouldnt be affected by console limitations on the PC and much more. Who cares now about some lied about DRM? They are already liars and after tying unnecessary stuff to DX11, I wouldnt expect anything less of them anyway. They have been assimilated by EA quite well, they might even surpass their master.  

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > MS on Improving GFWL
45. Re: MS on Improving GFWL Mar 11, 2011, 16:15 Muscular Beaver

All of you Steam Fanboys STFU. You had this coming the day you accepted Steam. And it WILL get worse.  

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Sony's Move.Me for PC
2. Re: Sony's Move.Me for PC Mar 3, 2011, 01:48 Muscular Beaver

After what they have done the past few weeks, they can kiss my hairy ass.  

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Operation Flashpoint: Red River in April
9. Re: Operation Flashpoint: Red River in April Feb 17, 2011, 19:21 Muscular Beaver

Techie714 © wrote on Feb 17, 2011, 18:57:
Wildone wrote on Feb 17, 2011, 18:07:
Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising has NOTHING to do with ArmaII, in fact its a complete abomination. Arma II is alot more realistic and frustrating (in a kinda good way) you just cant rambo your way around.

Oh believe me I know I have at least 60 hours clocked in on ARMA II. I mean bring on more ARMA II "Type Games"

OFP < ARMAII

WHAT!
OFP = ARMAII!
This game is not even close Operation Flashpoint. Whats next? They selling Ladas with Ferrari stickers on it and calling it a Ferrari?

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > More WoW Hotfixes
9. Re: More WoW Hotfixes Feb 15, 2011, 18:56 Muscular Beaver

I tried playing yesterday again before my subscription runs out and I was greeted with crap everywhere again. Not only is the balance totally borked now in PvP (was horrible before, but now they nerfed and buffed the complete opposite of what they should have done), but also fire mages were supposed to get a DPS buff since they dont have lots of single target DPS. I tried that and after noticing that the afk bug STILL exists I noticed that I actually do 1-2k dps less now while an enchancement shaman with 17 less ilvl outdpsed me by 2k and a hunter with 20 less ilvl did also almost 2k more dps than me. Before that I could pull 11k no problem and that time I had to work extremely hard to even get to 9k.

Nope, my subscription will not be renewed. I hope they loose LOTS of players and their stocks drop dead because of this shit they are pulling right now.

- Mojo Jojo

1785 Comments. 90 pages. Viewing page 20.
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo