Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Beaver

Real Name Beaver   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Muscular Beaver
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 28, 2002, 23:21
Total Comments 1785 (Pro)
User ID 12928

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > ARMA 3 Announced
54. Re: ARMA 3 Announced May 21, 2011, 04:07 Muscular Beaver

eunichron wrote on May 20, 2011, 14:39:
Jerykk wrote on May 20, 2011, 04:27:
It seems to me that the primary distinction between the games is that ArmA is much more realistic than CoD/BF. When you say ArmA is not realistic, do you mean it is not realistic at all or it just isn't a perfect representation of reality?

The primary distinction is intent. CoD/BF try to be realistic in aesthetics only, ArmA tries to be a good representation of reality (I'm not going to say perfect because short of virtual reality that would just be impossible anyway). ArmA's problem is that in its attempt to be as close of a representation as possible, it misses the mark entirely and becomes unrealistic. It's exacerbated by the civilian players who think it is a perfect representation of reality, because they saw on the Military channel once that the Army uses the same technology to train (because obviously, when you're dealing with life and death situations you want to use video games to prepare [that's sarcasm btw]).

I'm not going to say it's impossible for a game to be a good representation of reality, but ArmA is not it.

Oh come on...
Of course ArmA is nowhere near completely realistic - BECAUSE ITS STILL A GAME!!!
Even me as a realism-nut wouldnt want a completely realistic game because you would need a 2 year training for that.
If you want more realism (but still not that realistic that your own sweat might make you slip and kill yourself), play with ACE2, which is actually developed by actual military members of different countries. Everyone knows that vanilla ArmA isnt super realistic, but its still far more realistic than anything else out there, especially in tactics, strategies, weapon systems, communication and AI, yes AI.

If you want the most realism, go play Warfare on an ACE2 server, and even better yet, join a clan so you will have the most realistic teamwork and combat you can have of any game out there.

Oh that is so lame... You will PAY for your use of inappropriate dialogue!
- Mojo Jojo
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > ARMA 3 Announced
53. Re: ARMA 3 Announced May 21, 2011, 03:53 Muscular Beaver

fatguy wrote on May 19, 2011, 14:35:
*please have good pvp multiplayer this time*

???
Ever played Warfare?
Of course ArmA sucks on those maps that try to simulate CoD or CSS. Has been forever and always will. Never understood why you want to play such maps in ArmA anyway... Thats like wanting to drive the towing tug on the airfield instead of the fully loaded and ready to fly AH-64.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > ARMA 3 Specs
8. Re: ARMA 3 Specs May 21, 2011, 03:41 Muscular Beaver

2 GB of RAM only? So again no 64 bit I guess...  

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Premium WoW Cross-Realm Play
44. Re: Premium WoW Cross-Realm Play May 19, 2011, 00:23 Muscular Beaver

WyldKat wrote on May 18, 2011, 22:07:
Seems like this should be included in the normal subscription costs to KEEP players.

Agreed. And that means they will lose more players soon. That in return means that the number of accounts for sale will rise aswell. So better sell your account while you still get a good price!

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Premium WoW Cross-Realm Play
21. Re: Premium WoW Cross-Realm Play May 18, 2011, 14:05 Muscular Beaver

bhcompy wrote on May 18, 2011, 13:33:
nin wrote on May 18, 2011, 10:38:

And the monetization of WOW continues...

This is what happens when you're a publicly owned company reporting to shareholders instead of your customers
You communist you!

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Diablo III Interviews
26. Re: Diablo III Interviews May 14, 2011, 20:23 Muscular Beaver

Yifes wrote on May 14, 2011, 12:30:
Muscular Beaver wrote on May 14, 2011, 06:42:
Quite the opposite. Diablos graphics were very well made in each game for its time. Just the resolution was too low after a few years. Have you played D1 or D2 with widescreen mods? They look absolutely fantastic, even today.

To be honest, a lot of the tilesets used to randomly generate the maps in D2 look terrible for that era, even at a higher resolutions. And most of the enemies, such as the brightly colored shamans, looked very cartoony. Seriously, my Sorc had a bright purple shield FFS. I remember this after all these years because I spent the entire time thinking just how ridiculous it looked. The only things that looked good were the unique structures and environments, and that is only because they are essentially hand drawn 2d paintings. The same difference can be seen when Bioware switched over to 3d. Baldur's Gate 1 and 2, and the old infinity engine games had gorgeous hand painted backdrops that look fantastic even today. When they went to 3d, with NWN, KOTOR, Jade Empire, etc, the 3d graphics looked absolutely shit in comparison.

So yeah, D3 is 3D now. You can keep on whining and bitching about it, or get over it. I can't help but imagine the ppl bitching about D3 not being dark enough as bunch of angsty goths who shop at hot topic and still live in their mother's basements. "ZOMG THERE AREN"T ENOUGH PENTAGRAMS SO ITS NOT SUPER COOL ANYMORE!!!!!!!" Rolleyes

And yeah sure, it's not Blizzard North anymore. It's now Leonard Fucking Boyarsky of Fallout fame. You can't get better than that.

Well I'll ignore your offtopic BS and get to the only 2 points you had in there:
I never said I dont like 3D. 3D games nowadays can look far better (if they are not some console port crap) than the old 2D games. But D3 doesnt because it uses WoW style.
Hell, I even liked Dungeon Siege back then, even though it was one of the first 3D HnS games. It had virtually no story to tell, but it looked awesome, had good controls for a 3D game from that perspective and the graphics created an extremely dense atmosphere and made you feel like youre in the first fairy tale your grandma told you as a child.
D3 just doesnt look like Diablo anymore. Yes, Diablo had some glowing monsters and weapons here and there, but they didnt look out of line unless you had your brightness turned all the way up, in which case it indeed looked more like a my little pony game in bright daylight...

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Diablo III Interviews
23. Re: Diablo III Interviews May 14, 2011, 06:42 Muscular Beaver

eunichron wrote on May 13, 2011, 16:03:
Clearly, all of these people ranting about how Diablo 3 looks like WoW have never played a Diablo game before. It's not about immersion and flashy graphics. It's about spamming your spells to kill the 90194 bad guys that are trying to kill you, and picking up loot, then doing it all over again against harder enemies for better loot.

The graphics are fine. The gameplay will be fine. There's not many ways you can fuck up hack and slash.

Quite the opposite. Diablos graphics were very well made in each game for its time. Just the resolution was too low after a few years. Have you played D1 or D2 with widescreen mods? They look absolutely fantastic, even today.
Ive played WoW since release and thus know very well what WoW graphics look like. When I look a D3 screenshots I always have to think about WoW. Even some models seem to be ported directly into D3 from WoW.
Diablo was immersive, but that was mainly due to the very dark and realistic design. D3 doesnt look nearly as dark or realistic. It looks cartooney, just like WoW. No wonder, this isnt Blizzard North anymore (what most fanboys dont know either).

But I have aready learned that Blizzard fanboys are amongst the worst, so dont feel obligated to answer to this post because you will only support my opinion.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > WoW Subscriptions Down 5% Since 10/10
33. Re: WoW Subscriptions Down 5% Since 10/10 May 10, 2011, 16:31 Muscular Beaver

Everyone who ever worked in a PR department, especially for a corporation, knows that these "5%" are actually much higher.
I would guess 10-20%.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever Shrinkage Trailer
14. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Shrinkage Trailer May 7, 2011, 09:31 Muscular Beaver

I can live with the not so great graphics, but wtf do they still have this instagib crap when squishing things or when shooting the rats? Looks like it was copied 1:1 from the 1996 game...  

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > ARMA 2 ARG?
14. Re: ARMA 2 ARG? May 3, 2011, 11:48 Muscular Beaver

Very nice. Would be cool if it was something like OFP, just in the 60s or so.  

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Station.com Intrusion
36. Re: Station.com Intrusion May 2, 2011, 16:27 Muscular Beaver

Beamer wrote on May 2, 2011, 14:12:
I'm thoroughly happy about this.

I'm sure you'd be ecstatic if your credit card had thousands of dollars of fraudulent purchases and your SSN was stolen all in the name of sending a message to "corporate spooge monkeys."

You probably don't have a PS3, though, so your information is safe. Which, then, makes me wonder why you really care about Sony's actions at all.

Are there any reports of credit card fraud yet? My friend canceled his CC on the day it was announced they were hacked and didnt have any damage.

Anyway, I dont have a PS3 either, and Ive stopped buying Sony products like 2 years ago. I am also very happy. Why I care? Because I love when arrogant and ignorant corporate suits learn the hard way. Should be MUCH more common these days.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > World of Warcraft 4.2 Previews
4. Re: World of Warcraft 4.2 Previews May 1, 2011, 04:59 Muscular Beaver

Might wanna go back to school and learn history again. Lots of people using/supporting stuff, is no indication of it being good/right.  

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > World of Warcraft 4.2 Previews
2. Re: World of Warcraft 4.2 Previews Apr 30, 2011, 06:31 Muscular Beaver

A preview of the next patch right after the newest content patch gives me the impression of slight desperation.
Looks like they really lost quite a few subscriptions since Cata. Not that its surprising.

Anywya, what I see in that preview makes me even more sick of WoW because it looks and feels like it has been there before a million times.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > WoW Patched
11. Re: WoW Patched Apr 28, 2011, 09:35 Muscular Beaver

Sempai wrote on Apr 27, 2011, 05:49:
Thank you Bliztard for winning the Fucktard of the year award.

I thought they won that after Cata, at the latest after 4.0.6 anyway?

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Fighting Game Fan Fights Lag
6. Re: Fighting Game Fan Fights Lag Apr 25, 2011, 05:15 Muscular Beaver

Dev wrote on Apr 24, 2011, 17:12:
Warskull wrote on Apr 23, 2011, 19:12:
If you are refering to FPS games, they utilize a prediction model. The predict where a player will be and utilize client side hit detection.
SERVER side hit detection. Which is why a lot of times you think you hit someone and it doesn't actually hit them. As well, if you think you got around a corner and then die.
You never want to trust a client for anything, that just helps cheaters.

I rather have a few cheaters than a shitty netcode like that.
But I guess laggy, clunky but extremely simple gameplay is the new trend these days...

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 Screenshots
17. Re: Mass Effect 3 Screenshots Apr 21, 2011, 08:50 Muscular Beaver

JayDeath wrote on Apr 21, 2011, 08:34:
Looks great! ME2 is in my top 5 of greatest games ever played. I'm very excited for this one.

Mass Effect 1 was the biggest disappointment since 15 years or so for me, because it was over after 10 hours and I thought I would have at least 30 more hours to go, not to mention the console gameplay.

ME2 was better gametime-wise (or maybe not since I paid attention extremely well that I do every single side mission before I start with the main story line), but it was dumbed down even more.

So my hopes for ME3 arent really optimistic.

Still, the story and music is one of the best.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > ArmA: Armed Assault Patch
3. Re: ArmA: Armed Assault Patch Apr 10, 2011, 06:30 Muscular Beaver

LittleMe wrote on Apr 9, 2011, 18:56:
Woooooooow!

Yep, pretty nice for a 5 year old game.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Free Mass Effect 2 for Dragon Age II Owners [Updated]
29. Re: Free Mass Effect 2 for Dragon Age II Owners Apr 6, 2011, 02:45 Muscular Beaver

Doc4 wrote on Apr 5, 2011, 23:21:
Teddy wrote on Apr 5, 2011, 22:25:
Or you could just, you know, say hey, they're giving away a fairly recent game for free to people who purchased DA2. If it was just about getting sales, it would only be for new purchases rather than being retroactive. Something they certainly didn't have to do.

So yeah, thank you Bioware and EA for the free game. I'm one of the few that have yet to try Mass Effect (1 or 2).

+1

Thank you, Teddy. I always like seeing the rare, positive post online.

Tom / Doc4

You can get those on most of the other games website (especially for consoles). So, go there and hump your fanboy jabbering positive posts there.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Crysis 2 DirectX 11 Patch Debunked
20. Re: Crysis 2 DirectX 11 Patch Debunked Mar 29, 2011, 13:30 Muscular Beaver

Oh come on, do you seriously still think WinXP is the main reason for publisher/devs not supporting DX10 & 11?  

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Crysis 2 DirectX 11 Patch Debunked
11. Re: Crysis 2 DirectX 11 Patch Debunked Mar 29, 2011, 07:02 Muscular Beaver

Jerykk wrote on Mar 28, 2011, 23:21:
I wouldn't go so far as to say "tons" but there are a decent number of console ports that support DX11.

"Tons" is laughable, but "a decent amount" is almost as funny.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_games_with_DirectX_11_support
And most of them only have minor DX11 components and not even close to full support.
Jerykk, I am dissapoint.

This comment was edited on Mar 29, 2011, 07:11.

- Mojo Jojo

1785 Comments. 90 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo