Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Beaver

Real Name Beaver   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Muscular Beaver
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 28, 2002, 23:21
Total Comments 1781 (Pro)
User ID 12928

User comment history
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

News Comments > Why the Syndicate Remake is a First-Person Shooter
67. Re: Why the Syndicate Remake is a First-Person Shooter Sep 13, 2011, 10:50 Muscular Beaver

And another classic raped by consolisitis humping devs and publishers.  

Oh that is so lame... You will PAY for your use of inappropriate dialogue!
- Mojo Jojo
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > ARMA II Project Reality Beta
3. Re: ARMA II Project Reality Beta Sep 9, 2011, 01:20 Muscular Beaver

I dont see a reason for this mod. There is already ACE2, which is as realistic as it can get. Sometimes too realistic. Even if they finish PR, I doubt there will be many server running with it, much less servers with people on it.

Right now warfare is all I need anyway. Best large scale PvP Ive ever had in a game, even if the netcode has its hickups from time to time on slow servers. Thats something I can tolerate with 150 kmē and 54 players.

This comment was edited on Sep 9, 2011, 01:32.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > No GFWL for Batman: Arkham City?
38. Re: No GFWL for Batman: Arkham City? Aug 28, 2011, 09:01 Muscular Beaver

TurdFergasun wrote on Aug 28, 2011, 07:57:
Jerykk wrote on Aug 28, 2011, 06:09:

You don't honestly believe that M/KB is the ideal control scheme for every genre of game, do you? Some genres (like racing and fighting) are simply better suited to alternate controllers. Technically, you don't need to use a gamepad for any PC game. However, if you refuse to use anything but M/KB, you won't be getting the optimal experience in some genres.

fighting and sports games are the only type of games that benefit from a control pad. racing, if you have been behind the wheel of an actual vehicle (which if you haven't your opinion is useless to begin with) should be done with a force feedback wheel. There are some racing games, that are crap with either wheel, kbm, or control pad, but those are incredibly shitty games to begin with and should be shunned like poison.

Agreed 100%.
I tried racing games with a gamepad for a while and then I got sick of it. I tried a joystick and it was much better, but then I got a wheel and its fantastic.

Its all about how the developer gets the controls done. If its a cheap console port, the controls with M/KB will suck, even on a shooter. That wont mean I will ever use a controller instead, just because the developer/publisher were too cheap to make a proper PC version.

Oh and I sold my controller again as well. I simply dont have any games on the PC that justify it. And I wont buy em either.

This comment was edited on Aug 28, 2011, 09:08.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > No GFWL for Batman: Arkham City?
28. Re: No GFWL for Batman: Arkham City? Aug 28, 2011, 04:14 Muscular Beaver

I guess there are a few good news for gaming once in a while too!  

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Team Fortress Turns 15
27. Re: Team Fortress Turns 15 Aug 26, 2011, 04:27 Muscular Beaver

Hyatus wrote on Aug 25, 2011, 17:28:
I loved blowing the tunnel up into the yard of Rock with the detpacks...so satisfying.
Yeah, you could hide it near the pit and time it well so that people who came through that tunnel blew up with it.

- Mojo Jojo

24. Re: Team Fortress Turns 15 Aug 25, 2011, 14:31 Muscular Beaver

Tanto Edge wrote on Aug 25, 2011, 13:44:
omigod, I did totally forget about emp grenades!
They knocked out turrets, dispensers, and other players grenades.
So if you got caught in the blast while carrying any grenades, you became the fourth of July on legs. If friendly fire was on, this could be disastrous for your team and score (especially if you were a demoman on defense).

'nade spam was always a risk, but honestly, all the varied game play opportunities were nothing short of brilliant!
I'll take the occasional 'all out' dispersal, or suicide bomber, over a complete castration of a strategic element.

Haha yeah I loved em. They were quite effective against camping demomen too or snipers and others on the balcony in 2fort since they worked through walls. It was really funny when you blew em up with their own pipe bombs when they walked near em.
Ah well, so many funny situations. Hurts my heart to see it dumbed down that much.

This comment was edited on Aug 25, 2011, 14:49.

- Mojo Jojo

17. Re: Team Fortress Turns 15 Aug 25, 2011, 06:59 Muscular Beaver

Tanto Edge wrote on Aug 25, 2011, 04:46:
Nail Grenades, Cluster Grenades, Concussion Grenades, Fire Grenades.
But seriously, who remembers that stuff, eh?
I mean, who remembers a demoman that used demolitions packs (+detpack5)?

Yeah, lots of different (and funny) tactics were possible with grenades, spikes, conc jumps, feign death, tranq gun, det pack, etc, etc, etc.
But even the slightest complex gameplay is bad nowadays.

- Mojo Jojo

10. Re: Team Fortress Turns 15 Aug 25, 2011, 03:47 Muscular Beaver

Yeah, TF and TFC were so much fun. They were real PC games. Now TF2, is just a dumbed down console game. With a funny graphic style, I give em that, but still nothing compared to TF/TFC gameplay-wise.  

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > From Dust DRM to Change
39. Re: From Dust DRM to Change Aug 23, 2011, 10:52 Muscular Beaver

Shok wrote on Aug 22, 2011, 22:55:
Honestly, even if I had any interest in this game (which I don't), just the fact that it's published by UBI gave me reason to ignore it. I don't buy anything from that company any more because supporting their DRM gives it legitimacy leading other publishers to think it's OK to use something similar.

So you dont use Steam either?

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > EA Revival Possibilities
37. Re: EA Revival Possibilities Aug 18, 2011, 19:05 Muscular Beaver

Who the hell cares if it will be console ports.  

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > World of Warcraft Transmogrification Coming
10. Re: World of Warcraft Transmogrification Coming Aug 18, 2011, 04:30 Muscular Beaver

Another gaming magazine writes that it doesnt work with epic gear. So yeah... lol...  

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > World of Warcraft Real ID Party Feature Live
19. Re: World of Warcraft Real ID Party Feature Live Aug 18, 2011, 04:17 Muscular Beaver

nin wrote on Aug 17, 2011, 21:51:
They're trying to dictate to customers - and very rudely at that - instead of listen to them. That's not how you do business. Or at least that's not how you get mine or a lot of other people's money.

There's an upside to that, though. It's allowing indies to flourish, because they DO listen to their customers.

Let the dinosaurs lumber around as the indies run circles around them. We'll be ok.

Too bad all the good indies will be bought by the dinosaurs...

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Gabe Newell on EA vs. Steam
45. Re: Gabe Newell on EA vs. Steam Aug 18, 2011, 04:15 Muscular Beaver

Rattlehead wrote on Aug 18, 2011, 02:08:
Wow lots of butthurt towards Steam here. You do realize that publishers set the prices on Steam, not Valve? Do some research before you mouth off like a bunch of fucking retards.
Oh right, and Valve games are cheaper, huh? lol...

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > World of Warcraft Real ID Party Feature Live
3. Re: World of Warcraft Real ID Party Feature Live Aug 17, 2011, 11:41 Muscular Beaver

So they arent earning money with their subscription fees aand BS mount and pets anymore, but instead actually trade data.
Interesting.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Epic Working on 5 New Games, Unreal Engine 4, Has PC Plans
34. Re: Epic Working on 5 New Games, Unreal Engine 4, Has PC Plans Aug 17, 2011, 05:55 Muscular Beaver

^Drag0n^ wrote on Aug 16, 2011, 16:45:
Hump wrote on Aug 16, 2011, 15:19:
want to make profitable games? Don't go public. Don't answer to shareholders. Stop paying management far more money than those who do the actual work. Put managements offices in the same room as the work being done. Once you start building washrooms that are management only you are wasting money on a system of elitist assholes who are being paid far more than they're worth. Management shouldn't be above washing toilets or fetching coffee. In the end, a room full of management can't make anything other than paperwork. A studio full of artists, coders etc can organize enough to get a game made.

A agree pretty much up to the point where PM is deemed unnecessary overhead.

Having been on both sides of the line, all I can say is this: your perspective changes radically when you realize that the very livelihood of the people you have working on your project is, quite literally, in the hands of every decision you make as a producer or owner of a studio. You need to have a plan or structure, or you risk everyone's prosperity.

While it's noble to stick to your guns on artistic vision, that means very little when the project runs out of money because no one was bean counting. And that happens, whether your studio is private, co-op, or public.

A lot.

^D^

Of course there have to be organizing jobs. Nothing works without organizing and counting money. But thats no excuse to pay those people FAR FAR more than they are worth. What would work more likely? Workers without organisation so they have to start organizing themselves, or organisers without workers and they have to start working themselves?
Should be pretty much DUHey.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Will Require Origin
90. Re: Battlefield 3 Will Require Origin Aug 12, 2011, 03:00 Muscular Beaver

I would laugh my ass off it it wasnt so sad that you people are complaining about that they try to copy crap that you so willingly embraced.  

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Runic on Diablo III vs. Torchlight 2 RMTs and DRM
18. Re: Runic on Diablo III vs. Torchlight 2 RMTs and DRM Aug 11, 2011, 07:57 Muscular Beaver

Yeah I consider my Fiat 500 to be a Ferrari 458 too.

P.S. Thanks Rhett for that link. It hit me right in the face.

This comment was edited on Aug 11, 2011, 08:15.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > New NVIDIA WHQL Reference Drivers
8. Re: New NVIDIA WHQL Reference Drivers Aug 9, 2011, 14:57 Muscular Beaver

Optional nickname wrote on Aug 9, 2011, 13:46:
Luke wrote on Aug 9, 2011, 13:05:
Optional nickname wrote on Aug 9, 2011, 11:52:
are these drivers made to work with Diablo 3 beta?

No they will come later on the AH in D3

hmm perhaps they should stick to WHQL (whore house quality) instead of AHQL (auction house..)

looking forward to AMD 7000 series this fall, Nvidia will have nothing new to show for it until end of Q1 2012.

What makes you so sure about that? They already said they will also have a new one this year.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > World of Warcraft Hotfixes
6. Re: World of Warcraft Hotfixes Aug 7, 2011, 15:58 Muscular Beaver

People have put years into their chars and now Blizzard is just playing ping pong with em and everyone gets pissed that their class that they choose years ago isnt anything anymore what it once was.
Just look at the druid changes. It was like taking the the wheels off a Porsche and say "well, its only fair, because now everyone has a chance to beat you".

You cant just try harsh balance changes and then if it doesnt work, try to fix the mess with tiny bits all the time on live servers.
You need to betatest changes properly - that makes it much less likely to change things often.
I really dont know what rode them when they decided this new way. I can only guess it was some new young managers idea, who doesnt even know the product he is managing.

Worst thing they ever did to this game, and I was never really happy with this game.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > WoW Drops More Subs
44. Re: WoW Drops More Subs Aug 4, 2011, 17:22 Muscular Beaver

Not enough casual content anymore - or too easy casual content. I really liked the new 5 man instances, but they dumbed them down again, instead they should have been even harder, especially for DPS classes.
Cata didnt even keep me for 1 month. No expansion before that only kept me playing one month - and I even leveled 2 chars and brought them both up to like 354 gear level plus proper PvP gear.
Also the constant massive class changes they do are just too much. I seriously liked most of the changes until Cata. But in Cata and the patches after it they overdone it like never before.
Especially because of those class changes PvP (the by far biggest time sink for me so far) was suddenly completely uninteresting. Some classes were so ridiculously overpowered and others so fucking weak and laughable, that the only way to win was to have the perfect team combo and actually completely ignore some classes.

I noticed ALOT of players leaving at or around the same time like me, so I still doubt their official numbers.
I seriously hope they lose much, much more, until they realize what they did wrong.

- Mojo Jojo

1781 Comments. 90 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo