Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Beaver

Real Name Beaver   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Muscular Beaver
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 28, 2002, 23:21
Total Comments 1785 (Pro)
User ID 12928

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > More on WoW Changes
6. Re: More on WoW Changes Nov 13, 2011, 09:04 Muscular Beaver

What do you expect? They are normalizing every class. Already almost every class can stun and run fast. Not anymore only those who really needed it because they were squishy.
Its only getting worse. Too much whining by kids who dont have a clue about classes and balance and Blizzard actually listening to them, thus they have no clue either.

This comment was edited on Nov 13, 2011, 09:14.

Oh that is so lame... You will PAY for your use of inappropriate dialogue!
- Mojo Jojo
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > On Take On Helicopters DRM; Demo Plans
58. Re: On Take On Helicopters DRM; Demo Plans Nov 11, 2011, 03:43 Muscular Beaver

Dades wrote on Nov 11, 2011, 00:20:
Spaced wrote on Nov 11, 2011, 00:03:
I don't have to prove myself or my expertise to you and I won't be baited into it either. You've chosen what you want to do with the facts and have decided to go down a path of speculation and assumption. It would be pointless to try and continue proving something to you that has already been proven. You're riding on speculation and arguing against problems that don't exist and haven't happened. I'm happy to sit back and watch you argue with yourself over unrelated issues and speculation? lol

Indeed, how dare I bait you to support your opinion with something other than vague assurances and a forum post. I don't need to speculate on anything because I'm not the one dealing in absolute certainty. When you make absolute assertions it's not to everyone else to prove you wrong. I'm more than happy to entertain many possibilities but there is so much precedent for DRM systems affecting legitimate owners that it cannot be ignored just to help you save face. They can't add a version increment and remove all of that risk. Obviously to you it's acceptable but to the rest of us who don't hate other human beings for downloading software it's not, particularly when many of us are customers ourselves.

Oh come on, shut it already.
Yes, Bohemia was always kind enough to say it CAN be a pirated copy if something like that occurs. Because well, who wants to make fun of his own potential customers (as unlikely as they may be)?
The facts speak a different language. There was never a post where someone said that hes a legit customer, unless he bought a game that has already been opened and the the key used (happens quite often in Germany for example, but has nothing to do with their DRM not working correctly), and that was cleared by Bohemia very fast.
Do you have 10 years of experience in their community and with their games? No? Then dont try to argue about such things that are complete bullshit to people who know their stuff. Its like you trolling into a Porsche forum saying that you know for a fact that there are some cases where Porsche customers found out that theres a 50 HP VW engine in their car.

And no, I am no DRM advocate, I hate DRM, but this DRM works and has no detrimental effects on legit customers. Its much better than having to insert a disc all the time, having some bloatware like Steam that drives other publishers to make similar, even worse stuff like that, or always on Internet DRM, or account forced bullshit.

As said before OFP sold 2 million times and even the posts where pirates claimed this game was buggy, were only a few. No difference in all the other Bohemia games since then.

Oh yeah and also, Bohemia always removed disc checks from their games via patches a few weeks after release. That trying to remove the cd check by pirates was the main cause for "Fading" to happen. Only idiot pirates who still used the no-cd cracks after that, had fading, because they used the outdated no-cd crack. If they would have just used a cd key generator they wouldnt have had fading, unless they went online with it.
So in any case, very stupid pirates.

This comment was edited on Nov 11, 2011, 03:49.

- Mojo Jojo

47. Re: On Take On Helicopters DRM; Demo Plans Nov 10, 2011, 05:27 Muscular Beaver

OR, he is just lying.
As I said, Ive been playing their games for 10 years, am a very active poster and reader in their forums and have never seen something like that. However, Ive seen some trolls spamming in other forums that their games suck, because you cant even aim properly. However even those shut up once someone told them what that actually means.
Hmmm... interesting...

- Mojo Jojo

45. Re: On Take On Helicopters DRM; Demo Plans Nov 10, 2011, 03:08 Muscular Beaver

Dev wrote on Nov 9, 2011, 19:42:
bfg9000 wrote on Nov 9, 2011, 19:22:
I have been playing Arma2 since release and have never had problems with FADE. You don't even need to have the CD inserted.
A DRM that has no negative effect on legit users? In this day and age?
Nothing short of a miracle.

Just because YOU didn't have problems, doesn't mean every other user has the same experience. I see that a lot in online forums, people assuming their life experience must be the same as everyone elses, and if something did or didn't happen to them it must be the same for all.
There are a lot of problems with Bohemia games, but this is not one of them. After I saw all those forum posts with people having this "problem", and when they got told that they are most likely using a pirated copy, they never answered again, nor ever posted again.
If someone really had this problem with a legit copy, they would have insisted that it is a bug, but no one ever did.
Also I have been playing Bohemia games with that copy protection for over 10 years now on about 20 different systems, and never have come across a bug that could even remotely resemble their copy protection - and Ive seen a LOT of bugs.

- Mojo Jojo

25. Re: On Take On Helicopters DRM; Demo Plans Nov 9, 2011, 16:05 Muscular Beaver

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Nov 9, 2011, 15:32:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Nov 9, 2011, 14:57:
If anyone who call himself a PC gamer doesnt know Bohemia, then they should go right back to their console and leave the PC for troll posts... Uh... yeah.
I'm sorry but titles like ArmA really aren't mainstream, just like GSC Game World. They may produce great games but it wouldn't even surprise me for a second if many to most avid PC gamers hadn't heard of either company - in both cases the games are better known than the developer.

Games are always better known than the developer. Most dont know what DICE is. But they know what BF3 is.
As I said, I am talking about PC gamers. PC gamers even know Bullfrog, Westwood, Dynamix, Sierra, Origin, etc, etc, incl. Bohemia. OFP after all sold far over 1 million copies (last I read its over 2 million now). Crysis did too. Thats not mainstream?
Ohkay...

- Mojo Jojo

17. Re: On Take On Helicopters DRM; Demo Plans Nov 9, 2011, 14:57 Muscular Beaver

Burrito of Peace wrote on Nov 9, 2011, 14:43:
Razorclaw wrote on Nov 9, 2011, 13:55:
bohemia is not a household name? lol right. did you get your first pc this week as well?

Sorry, fanboi, they're not. If I went up to my mother and asked her who Blizzard, EA, Atari, Microsoft or Activision were, she would know. If I asked her whom Bohemia Interactive was, she'd not have a clue.

Household name means that the brand is recognizable by people who are not their target demographic. Hell, I would wager that if you asked a random sampling of gamers of all types of interest (not just FPS), you'd get several people who would ask "Bohemiawho?"

This was in context of PC gaming. So it has a different meaning.
If anyone who call himself a PC gamer doesnt know Bohemia, then they should go right back to their console and leave the PC for troll posts... Uh... yeah.

- Mojo Jojo

16. Re: On Take On Helicopters DRM; Demo Plans Nov 9, 2011, 14:53 Muscular Beaver

Creston wrote on Nov 9, 2011, 14:14:
You've got to be a big sack of shit to pirate a game and then ask for help on the official forums. Good job, assholes.

Creston

Theres actually quite a few of those. A similar DRM was in OFP. They complained about it too. The whole forums were full of it, everywhere. It continued on ArmA and ArmA 2. And still there are people who do that and whine something like "this game sucks, you cant even aim properly!!!!!111one", and when they are confronted with the explanation that that is a copy protection, they NEVER post there again.

I should have made a bookmark collection of those posts, its so funny.

This comment was edited on Nov 9, 2011, 14:58.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Is WoW Jumping the Panda?
41. Re: Is WoW Jumping the Panda? Nov 9, 2011, 07:27 Muscular Beaver

Im not happy about it. Cata was a joke already. And now they are adding another literal joke. Why cant they go back to the roots and make WoW more again like it was before an expansion or at max after BC?

I for one spit on every Pandaren pet I see.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > BlizzCon Hate-Speech Criticized
23. Re: BlizzCon Hate-Speech Criticized Oct 27, 2011, 11:32 Muscular Beaver

ZeroCougar wrote on Oct 27, 2011, 11:15:
Alright well with it being monitored I'll give my thoughts a bit.

I think they really shouldn't be using those words. Its 2011 that kind of child like talk should be over by the time you leave middle-school, or whatever your countries similar type of early-teen place of learning maybe.

I guess the Human race's destiny is to endlessly take two steps forward and one step back. Or in Cannibal corpse's case here 3 steps back.

Maybe you Americans should just stop to satanize such words then, because in countries where they are not as satanized, kids simply dont use them that much nor that long, because nobody cares anyway.

Just learn it already, if you want something like that to vanish, IGNORE IT and dont give it even more attention.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > BlizzCon Hate-Speech Criticized
10. Re: BlizzCon Hate-Speech Criticized Oct 27, 2011, 10:45 Muscular Beaver

What?
He only quoted a few sentences from everyday Trade Chat business.

Oh and hes right, I also fucking hate gnome mages!

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > World of Warcraft Mists of Pandaria Announced
39. Re: World of Warcraft Mists of Pandaria Announced Oct 22, 2011, 05:17 Muscular Beaver

Jonny wrote on Oct 22, 2011, 05:05:
Krovven wrote on Oct 21, 2011, 19:53:
Jonny wrote on Oct 21, 2011, 19:42:
Worth a month's sub to see if it's fun.

But is it worth $60 + $15 for a months sub for the expansion, just to see if it's fun?

Probably. I tend to get around 3 months of entertainment from a WoW expansion before running out of things to do and quitting til the next one. This seems to have a lot more endgame stuff to do for those casuals that MMO players hate so much, so I'm likely to get at least that from it. Unless it's abysmal on a scale greater than Cataclysm, of course.

Yeah that was the case with BC and WotLK. Cata only lasted a month for me.

- Mojo Jojo

38. Re: World of Warcraft Mists of Pandaria Announced Oct 22, 2011, 05:16 Muscular Beaver

Moog wrote on Oct 22, 2011, 05:03:
Kung Fu Panda and Pokemon pets - think I'll pass!

WTF is this expansion aimed at - pre-teens?!?!

Duh. That and Chinese.

- Mojo Jojo

34. Re: World of Warcraft Mists of Pandaria Announced Oct 22, 2011, 03:56 Muscular Beaver

Drezden wrote on Oct 21, 2011, 20:00:
After Cataclysm and most of the Diablo 3 announcements. I really had only a little bit of respect left for Blizzard. Today they flushed the rest of it down the toilet. It's obvious all their real talent that designed the original WoW moved on to do better things when Activision took over.

Many people thought the same way, and Blizzard knows that. Their declining subscriptions is, as I said before, much worse than they officially claim. So they have to find a new customer base. With a theme of pandas and pokemon, you know very well which customers they focus on now.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Upcoming WoW Changes
8. Re: Upcoming WoW Changes Oct 6, 2011, 09:35 Muscular Beaver

I like the new zones and quests very much. Its just how they present them that sucks and of course that its only 5 levels.

I get 4 quests and they are all at the same spot. I dont have to go anywhere else or have to find anything. Everything is served to you on a tablet and on rails. Oh and of course all this warped stuff really bothers me and my friends when we want to help each other (even if its just PvP), but cant because either one of us is warped out...

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > BioWare on Autonomy
14. Re: BioWare on Autonomy Oct 4, 2011, 02:32 Muscular Beaver

It started with Mass Effect. DA1 was in development back then, and was the last good game they made, however it also reeked of console already.
Dont get me wrong, ME1&2 were told pretty well, but the gameplay was horribly consolish and far too short (especially ME1). ME2, got dumbed down even more. Those games were nice slightly interactive movies, but nothing more.

For me Bioware is now just another random console developer.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > World of Warcraft Version 4.3 Details
1. Re: World of Warcraft Version 4.3 Details Sep 28, 2011, 09:45 Muscular Beaver

Both links 404.

EDIT:
NM, that stupid website always redirects me to the eu.battle.net site. Have to enter us. manually and it works.

This comment was edited on Sep 28, 2011, 09:54.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Why No Commander in Battlefield 3
18. Re: Why No Commander in Battlefield 3 Sep 23, 2011, 03:01 Muscular Beaver

Ah, you couldnt get it right last time, so you remove it completely.
Thats the true console-spirit! WTG!

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > IW Doesn't Care if Three People Play MW3
46. Re: IW Doesn't Care if Three People Play MW3 Sep 22, 2011, 06:34 Muscular Beaver

Im pretty sure also at least 3 people will like to bathe in shit.  

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Diablo III Auction House to Use Paypal
14. Re: Diablo III Auction House to Use Paypal Sep 15, 2011, 03:32 Muscular Beaver

PayPal is NOT safe with virtual goods. Learned that the very hard way.  

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Codemasters Closing Shooter Studio
12. Re: Codemasters Closing Shooter Studio Sep 14, 2011, 16:35 Muscular Beaver

Like I care if some console crap studio closes. For all I care they can all die off until something true to art rises again from their ashes.  

- Mojo Jojo

1785 Comments. 90 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo