Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Beaver

Real Name Beaver   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Muscular Beaver
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 28, 2002, 23:21
Total Comments 1793 (Pro)
User ID 12928

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 = 40 Hours
8. Re: Mass Effect 3 = 40 Hours Feb 27, 2012, 11:54 Muscular Beaver

ochentay4 wrote on Feb 27, 2012, 11:38:
Verno wrote on Feb 27, 2012, 11:11:
ASeven wrote on Feb 27, 2012, 11:09:
40 hours? How long were the past ME games?

20-25 hours main quest only content, anywhere from 35-60 hours with sidequests. The first game ran towards 80 for completionist but it was a lot of filler.

40 hours isn't bad or anything although if its the usual dev exaggeration then there might be a lot less side content than even ME2.
I completed Mass Effect 2 100% (all dlc, every mission) on 32 hs. Loved it.

1st only lasted like 12 hours for me since I didnt think that you can complete the mainquest that easily and it didnt really warn you anyway. Later I reloaded a savegame and completed all sidemissions before completing the main story. Was quite boring since the sidequests seemed random generated levels like in Diablo 2 with the same enemies, but it wasnt much longer. All in all 20 Hours. I really would like to know how you can reach 80 hours there. Maybe if you let it run while sleeping, working and eating.

2nd one was longer. About 40-50 hours, but this time I also was very careful to do all the sidequests first so I wouldnt be disappointed. Regrettably this led to a slight disconnection from the main story and made it quite boring again. Also because the sidequests were as short and simple as quests in WoW.

Oh that is so lame... You will PAY for your use of inappropriate dialogue!
- Mojo Jojo
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Arma 3 Alpha Release Planned
8. Re: Arma 3 Alpha Release Planned Feb 25, 2012, 05:57 Muscular Beaver

One of the, if not the, last series that actually makes new hardware purchases justified. Im still using my 4 year old PC for the console ports...

As for dumbing it down: The community will scream when this happens too much. And so will I. The controls right now are nice, very easy for the complexity it offers and intuitive if you know OFP. Nothing has become more complex than it was in OFP, that isnt justified. I dont know how anyone would even think that.

There are still bugs that I hate, like the player automatically dropping a M136 or in some cases NLAW just because its one-use. This takes too much time and gives the enemy enough time to see where you are and kill you, since you cant move during this animation. You simply cant abort this animation or make it faster. Same with similar situations like when you bandage someone, etc. There should be at least a panic button.

Also the AI is still cheating. Trees/bushes/grasses plus AI is just horrible. You simply cant see them without thermal, because they can often see through those trees and bushes, though it has improved each patch. And I hope pathfinding will be improved again, but I know how hard that is on such huge maps. Still, they have improved quite a bit with the patches - even with the last one. Very nice to see that they are still working on a 3 year old game.

And also, while I condemn DLC on other games, I loved what they did with it in ArmA 2. I hope they release DLC on a regular basis this time. There are lots of possibilities. However, they shouldnt replace expansions with it. OA was awesome.

Above all else it should become more realistic. The armor-system of tanks needs improvement, aka being more complex and not allow explosions of the tank so easily, weapons need to be more realistic, as in being able to adjust the zeroing where its possible in real life too, mods, and even a lock and load function would be nice incl. possible jams and misfires. All buildings need to be accessible again, like in OFP, the destruction system of the buildings could use improvements, even though its quite good already, and the netcode needs a huge improvement. I am positive they will improve it because they improved ArmA 2 so much, I would have never thought it. Not even OFP nor ArmA 1 were ever improved on such a broad scale and in so many ways. However, they overdid it in some cases. Like optimizing the graphics because so many people whined about performance instead of buying a new computer. That actually made the graphics uglier. Maybe a 64 bit version will help with that problem.

Off to another game of warfare.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Star Trek Game Next Year
18. Re: Star Trek Game Next Year Feb 11, 2012, 17:57 Muscular Beaver

Tom wrote on Feb 11, 2012, 14:11:
F J. J. Abrams. The last Star Trek movie SUCKED. (What is wrong with the world that this movie is at 8.1 on IMDB and 83 on Metacritic?!?) I can't imagine the future holds anything different for the next movie. "The highly anticipated Star Trek video game" - give me a break.

Then again, Digital Extremes? Namco Bandai?

Nah.

100% agreed. They can stick their "designed by Apple" bridge where the sun doesnt shine (incl. their lensflares to make it a bit brighter in there).
Karl Urban was the only one that didnt look like a total douche. The only thing that was missing in that movie was Justin Bieber doing the score.

I, as a long time Star Trek fan, am extremely disappointed and hope this version dies as fast as it appeared. But since they are producing a new one right now, I guess enough zombies liked it.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Activision; Stems WoW Losses; Diablo III Slips
20. Re: Activision; Stems WoW Losses; Diablo III Slips Feb 10, 2012, 03:50 Muscular Beaver

El Pit wrote on Feb 10, 2012, 00:37:
bhcompy wrote on Feb 9, 2012, 23:53:
Wait, they're using DX9? Jesus Christ. Is it still 2003?

Stop whining. I was expecting them to still use a 2D engine for Diablo III.

I wish they did. Modern 2D graphics would surely look better than this game that looks like the textures (and even some models) got directly taken from WoW.
Hell, Even Baldurs Gate and Icewind Dale games still look better than that.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 "Secret Project" Plans
16. Re: Team Fortress 2 Feb 4, 2012, 09:22 Muscular Beaver

Silicon Avatar wrote on Feb 4, 2012, 06:23:
Beelzebud wrote on Feb 4, 2012, 01:19:
Silicon Avatar wrote on Feb 4, 2012, 00:18:
I still miss medic's old ability to give people plague. He was so much more fun to play then.

I miss that as well. I also miss Rock2, where the goal was to release the nerve gas and kill the enemy team. There was a limited amount of hazard suits and you'd all be racing to get to them before the gas went off.

Oh yeah! That map was awesome...

Whole TFC was awesome. Much better gameplay-wise than this dumbed down crap that calls itself TF2.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Ubisoft Online Disruption
45. Re: Ubisoft Online Disruption Feb 3, 2012, 03:27 Muscular Beaver

Everyone who still buys Ubisoft games deserves this and much worse.  

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > World of Warcraft Patched
9. Re: World of Warcraft Patched Feb 2, 2012, 03:18 Muscular Beaver

Alamar wrote on Feb 1, 2012, 20:57:
shinchan0s wrote on Feb 1, 2012, 18:58:
Oh look, it's Alamar, Blizzard's Shining White Knight.

I wasn't going to respond to this, because, seriously...

But the timing was too good to pass up... Got a D3 Beta invite today : )

-Alamar

Good, another pile of shit you can help to polish, so that others cant call it that anymore. Aka "exaggerate".

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > EverQuest Going Free-to-Play
13. Re: EverQuest Going Free-to-Play Jan 31, 2012, 04:40 Muscular Beaver

Ledge wrote on Jan 31, 2012, 04:04:
Herzog wrote on Jan 31, 2012, 01:10:
Who can forget the joy of chain ressing at a Nagafen raid.

oh yes the memories.

or getting trained in Velketors. : P

Haha, trains in Karnors Castle were the worst. And with my enchanter I controlled each and everyone, so that I actually hoped for one and told my group everytime to pull one. It was epic. Too bad they changed this game too much.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Ads in Titan?
20. Re: Ads in Titan? Jan 24, 2012, 03:01 Muscular Beaver

It will prolly be more like this:
Shields that look like a huge iPhone, clubs that look like a certain brand of tampons, mounts that are named BEEEMER (or look like one), facebook like-buttons on every item, NPC and zone entrance, Items that magically turn into something different and make the "Transformers sound", an inn called McDunolds... you name it.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Ubisoft Changes Anno 2070 DRM
39. Re: Ubisoft Changes Anno 2070 DRM Jan 20, 2012, 15:52 Muscular Beaver

Zzet wrote on Jan 20, 2012, 10:04:
Ah excellent, so that just leaves the same problem to re-occur when we change either the CPU, the RAM, the motherboard, any disk drive, any optical drive, any non-GPU PCI-E card or possibly the BIOS if it affects any part of their hashing algorithm.

Jesus, just give it up already.

Hahaha, yeah I was thinking the same thing.
They dont get that not only graphics card get tested, but also RAM, CPUs, motherboards, drives, etc, etc, etc.
They need to die already.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > World of Warcraft PTR Patch Notes
3. Re: World of Warcraft PTR Patch Notes Jan 13, 2012, 12:34 Muscular Beaver

Beelzebud wrote on Jan 13, 2012, 12:11:
Balance updates! ROFL

When I quit WoW last year after Cataclysm came out, the biggest reason was that it became apparent that the WoW team has no idea what in the hell they are doing anymore. For the first few months of that expansion they were dicking around with talents so much, your entire rotation and play style could change from week to week.

Yeah, they still have lots of bugs in the game from that time, too.
Right now I doubt they actually care about people leaving. They act like everything is unimportant anyway.
For the first time in 7 years I know I wont be coming back.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Intel's Fake Ultrabook Gaming Demo
18. Re: Intel's Fake Ultrabook Gaming Demo Jan 10, 2012, 23:03 Muscular Beaver

And still you feel compelled to spew out crap about it, even though you didnt check everything.

Well, ok. Facts cant compete against blind hate I guess.

- Mojo Jojo

14. Re: Intel's Fake Ultrabook Gaming Demo Jan 10, 2012, 21:22 Muscular Beaver

killer_roach wrote on Jan 10, 2012, 20:57:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Jan 10, 2012, 20:45:
DNForever wrote on Jan 10, 2012, 20:22:
WHAT IS THIS WORLD COMING TO?? I HAVE LOST ALL FAITH IN HUMANITY!! IT'S SO TERRIBLE, OH SO TERRIBLE. I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY LIED AND DECEIVED ME, GOD, WHY HAVE YOU FORSAKEN US. PLEASE MAKE THIS RIGHT AND SHOW THE GAME BEING PLAYED FOR REALS.

Yes, I almost cut my wrists too.
But then I realized that this originated from the biggest AMD fanboy site there is and I watched the video myself. Yep, now my stash of razor blades wont have to suffer today.

Other, more impartial sources have reported the same thing.

That being said, AnandTech was reporting one of their test platforms for Ivy Bridge was available to play around with, and it gave a Windows Experience Index score of 3.6.

...if that's not an indictment of what their integrated graphics are capable of, I don't know what is. (For comparison, my two-and-a-half year old mid-high-rang laptop scores a 4.8, and my desktop scores a 7.1.)

Maybe you should have actually read that Anandtech article and watched the video with the HD 4000 running the game live instead of just looking at the picture.

But ok, I see that some people think the Windows score is the ultimate benchmark. lol... Geez...

- Mojo Jojo

12. Re: Intel's Fake Ultrabook Gaming Demo Jan 10, 2012, 20:45 Muscular Beaver

DNForever wrote on Jan 10, 2012, 20:22:
WHAT IS THIS WORLD COMING TO?? I HAVE LOST ALL FAITH IN HUMANITY!! IT'S SO TERRIBLE, OH SO TERRIBLE. I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY LIED AND DECEIVED ME, GOD, WHY HAVE YOU FORSAKEN US. PLEASE MAKE THIS RIGHT AND SHOW THE GAME BEING PLAYED FOR REALS.

Yes, I almost cut my wrists too.
But then I realized that this originated from the biggest AMD fanboy site there is and I watched the video myself. Yep, now my stash of razor blades wont have to suffer today.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Diablo III in February?
35. Re: Diablo III in February? Jan 8, 2012, 17:55 Muscular Beaver

eunichron wrote on Jan 8, 2012, 17:19:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Jan 8, 2012, 16:48:
Dirwulf wrote on Jan 8, 2012, 16:43:
theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jan 8, 2012, 15:47:
Krovven wrote on Jan 8, 2012, 14:56:
While I agree completely, I hate p2p downloaders, and that it's default is on, but they are hardly being "sneaky".

WoW and SC2 are the same way, which means 10's of millions of people are fully aware of how the Blizzard uses a p2p downloader that is defaulted to on. It's only sharing while you are downloading.
If they weren't being sneaky they would provide an option during the install to enable or disable it. Even when installers try to change your default search engine - which is a sleazy business tactic - they provide a tick-box in the installer, which most people simply overlook anyway. Blizzard doesn't ask for permission to use your bandwidth, it just does it by default. It would be like buying a car and then they put a billboard up on your lawn because somewhere in the smallprint it said so - heck, even in that situation you'd know it was happening; the Blizzard downloader hides that it's uploading.

They are exploiting YOUR resources for THEIR commercial gain.

Every Blizzard downloader has had the ability to disable peer to peer downloading in the options. Whoever said it still uses peer to peer even when you uncheck the box is smoking crack. And not every installer has a checkbox to not install a stealth bar of some type. Starcraft did not have an open beta, and it sold just fine with a constant connection. Blizzard is as far from Ubi as you can get. They aren't using always on only as a form of DRM. They are using it for many different reasons.

I guess you never disabled that check, else you would still be downloading WoW patches from 2007.

I disable it every time and still get 1MB/s+ downloads with no upload. At least for me their HTTP direct download is usually faster than their P2P download.

I actually believe that, if your MB/s would be Mb/s.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Diablo III in February?
30. Re: Diablo III in February? Jan 8, 2012, 16:48 Muscular Beaver

Dirwulf wrote on Jan 8, 2012, 16:43:
theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jan 8, 2012, 15:47:
Krovven wrote on Jan 8, 2012, 14:56:
While I agree completely, I hate p2p downloaders, and that it's default is on, but they are hardly being "sneaky".

WoW and SC2 are the same way, which means 10's of millions of people are fully aware of how the Blizzard uses a p2p downloader that is defaulted to on. It's only sharing while you are downloading.
If they weren't being sneaky they would provide an option during the install to enable or disable it. Even when installers try to change your default search engine - which is a sleazy business tactic - they provide a tick-box in the installer, which most people simply overlook anyway. Blizzard doesn't ask for permission to use your bandwidth, it just does it by default. It would be like buying a car and then they put a billboard up on your lawn because somewhere in the smallprint it said so - heck, even in that situation you'd know it was happening; the Blizzard downloader hides that it's uploading.

They are exploiting YOUR resources for THEIR commercial gain.

Every Blizzard downloader has had the ability to disable peer to peer downloading in the options. Whoever said it still uses peer to peer even when you uncheck the box is smoking crack. And not every installer has a checkbox to not install a stealth bar of some type. Starcraft did not have an open beta, and it sold just fine with a constant connection. Blizzard is as far from Ubi as you can get. They aren't using always on only as a form of DRM. They are using it for many different reasons.

I guess you never disabled that check, else you would still be downloading WoW patches from 2007.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > EA Won't Appeal AU Syndicate Ruling
11. Re: EA Won't Appeal AU Syndicate Ruling Dec 24, 2011, 07:52 Muscular Beaver

Cutter wrote on Dec 24, 2011, 06:34:
dumpy wrote on Dec 24, 2011, 05:49:
I still haven't killed anyone IRL.

...yet.
Exactly! Just you wait 2000 years and one of your descendants will kill someone!

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > World of Warcraft Hotfixes
8. Re: World of Warcraft Hotfixes Dec 21, 2011, 21:12 Muscular Beaver

Dades wrote on Dec 21, 2011, 19:46:
You guys have it backwards, change is what keeps people coming back.

I have been coming back since WotLK, alright. But only to leave again after 2 months max, every time a little more disappointed. This time is so bad, after seeing that they dont really care about polishing anymore and actually making everything worse, that I wont be coming back this time. I guess I will give ToR a try.
Does it have balanced PvP?

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Blizzard Introduces BattleTags
33. Re: Blizzard Introduces BattleTags Dec 17, 2011, 19:25 Muscular Beaver

*Double post*  

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Blizzard Introduces BattleTags
32. Re: Blizzard Introduces BattleTags Dec 17, 2011, 19:17 Muscular Beaver

Frijoles wrote on Dec 17, 2011, 15:27:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Dec 17, 2011, 11:03:
It has not moved back to WotLK. Its easier than ever before. You get high level equipment even if you fart and most bugs and balance issues from 4.0 still exist, while new ones have been added again.

I'm confused. Are you saying Wrath was hard and high level equipment didn't come from farts? Perhaps we were playing different games.

Exactly thats what I am saying (minus that it was ever really that hard, unless youre talking about getting people to work together properly). Instances in WotLK were not that easy. Maybe when you played it, but not for a long time after release. Also you should remember how hard the new 5-mans were at the end. Especially the last one with those waves of ghosts.
Equipment wasnt that easy to get without raiding.

The instances in Cata were only hard at the start because especially tanks and healers had to adapt to a whole new playing style and of course because equipment sucked.

Now look at what happened with 4.3. Equipment is extremely easy to get, hell you even get conquest points for random BGs and lots of valor points, even if you dont raid. And when you raid, youre fucked because of the cap. Getting good PvE equipment doesnt even make sense anymore because youre done with content in a few weeks anyway. And those new instances they added are a joke. They are so easy, that on day one I ran them all about 20 times and only VERY few were total fails (like some people running them with level 308 gear and stuff). In my very first 3 instances I didnt wipe ONE SINGLE TIME. Not to mention all those buffs you get in instances now to make them even more easy. I dont even know anymore how my damage and healing is without all of those.
Oh yeah, and people run PvE with PvP equipment again - and pull very respectable DPS/HPS......
You call that similar to WotLK???
Its a fucking facebook game now....

This comment was edited on Dec 17, 2011, 19:26.

- Mojo Jojo

1793 Comments. 90 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo