Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Beaver

Real Name Beaver   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Muscular Beaver
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 28, 2002, 23:21
Total Comments 1793 (Pro)
User ID 12928

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > Diablo III Patched & Next Patch Notes
27. Re: Diablo III Patched & Next Patch Notes Jun 7, 2012, 18:55 Muscular Beaver

Ventura wrote on Jun 7, 2012, 18:13:
Dev wrote on Jun 7, 2012, 09:44:
BTW, blizzard says repair costs could go up 600%.

With my Barbarian in Act 1 Inferno, I'd be fucked. I don't even think I'd break even.

I was fighting an elite last night, and he put one of those spinning beams down so close to me, I didn't see it until it activated. I went from 3/4 health to dead faster than you could snap your fingers. And I'm supposed to be a tank, if you can believe that. Cloth-wearing Wizards in MMOs last longer in combat than I do.

It's much the same with the mobs that spawn the fire on the floor, or have the fire chains that join them. Get anywhere near that shit, and if you don't move fast, you're gone. So what happens is that you end up with a game of kite and die, damaging them just a bit more each time, until you can finally take them out. If they healed up fully between each death of mine, I don't think I'd be able to get anywhere in this game.

What is it someone else said, 7 years in the making? How the hell did they miss this?

I agree. Very stupid idea and encourages skipping hard mobs and packs even more, even though they want to fix that. Blizzard logic...
Up to 30k repair costs I guess. That a few times on an evening and I am broke and might aswell quit the game because I wont be farming all day long just to pay my repair bills.

Or maybe they only do it this way because they think then more people will buy gold on the real money AH.

Oh that is so lame... You will PAY for your use of inappropriate dialogue!
- Mojo Jojo
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

21. Re: Diablo III Patched & Next Patch Notes Jun 7, 2012, 14:28 Muscular Beaver

Dev wrote on Jun 7, 2012, 00:01:
The idea is to change people's behavior to go through more of the game than just the boss run.

People are not killing elite not because of shitty loot, but because they are very often impossible to kill on Inferno. On Hell and others they kill those elites all the time. Ive never been in a group that skipped elites in Hell or Nightmare. But in Inferno, skipping Elites is as normal as going to repair every 5 mins.
Just adding loot to them wont help anything.

- Mojo Jojo

20. Re: Diablo III Patched & Next Patch Notes Jun 7, 2012, 14:21 Muscular Beaver

Wallshadows wrote on Jun 6, 2012, 22:40:
Yeah, I did that too and cranked out a Demon Hunter to help gear my Barbarian. The problem was that playing a glass cannon class really made me more frustrated than getting stomped in full tank spec by Fallen.

While I can appreciate the method of burning them down first it leaves a lot to be desired when ranged mobs and certain types of melees (Herald of Pestilence in Act 3) can attack you with what often feel like guided missiles or have an incredibly huge detection box. Hell, some mobs like the Hellflyers can sometimes just pop in without an animation and kill you!

Act 2 was an annoying gear check but Act 3 is a fucking nightmare of pussy Fallen hit-and-run tactics on 50% of the mobs.

In the end, I dumped my DH because it made me want to put my face through a wall and ended up getting my Barb to Act IV and 'working on' Rakinoth...

Yeah I had those problems too once. Then the lag cleared.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Star Trek Movie Cast Joins Game
4. Re: Star Trek Movie Cast Joins Game Jun 6, 2012, 07:17 Muscular Beaver

Cutter wrote on Jun 5, 2012, 22:59:
Whilst I didn't care for the film - and from the looks of it, won't bother with the game either - Karl Urban was pretty damn amazing as Bones, and I did like John Cho as Sulu.

Karl Urban is the only thing worth watching in that movie.
I would like to say RIP Star Trek, but since they are producing more Zombies like that, it would simply be untrue.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Diablo III Patched
53. Re: Diablo III Patched Jun 2, 2012, 05:27 Muscular Beaver

In Europe we had the 4th evening in a row without stable servers now. Simply cant play when we want to.

But thats not enough, the balance of the game is just frustrating. from Normal to Hell you always had at least a little bit of progress. In Inferno at Act 2, youre literally dieing more than you can kill monsters AND you still have to skip lots, if not most of the elites.

You could prolly have fun in Inferno, if you had 100 million gold to spend. Farming for that amount of money will take about half a year, if you only have the evenings to play. And if you buy it, you will have to pay something around 4000 Euro right now.

I really want to play. I always find myself trying Inferno over and over again, but then quitting the game with a swift alt-f4 when I just died 20 times in a row again or have to skip the 3rd elite pack in a row, or having one block the way, so we cant continue.

Im also not the only one feeling this way. Seeing so many people quit the game after a few deaths, and my friends complaining about the exact same stuff and playing much less. One of them even made a new char to 60 because he thought it would be easier. But then he realized that its as bad. I havent seen him online for 2 days, before that he was on every single day since release.

I would have actually gotten a refund by now, but after reading that you have to dial an American phone number for that and having wait times of up to 90 minutes, I realized that I would lose as much money on the telephone bill for that call as I paid for the game.

Right now I am only checking one or two times a day for my auctions and hope a few sell for enough that I can finally buy some proper gear - which hasnt happened yet once. I dont play anymore.

This comment was edited on Jun 2, 2012, 05:34.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Diablo III Patch
102. Re: Diablo III Patch May 30, 2012, 01:39 Muscular Beaver

CythrawL wrote on May 29, 2012, 21:31:
Muscular Beaver wrote on May 29, 2012, 19:55:
Awesome going...
Right now I am thinking about getting a refund.

Yeah... Good luck with that......
Maybe I should get a refund on The Witcher 2 on Steam due to that clusterfuck with 8gb Patches when it first came out...

Oh wait... you cant....

Actually you can.
Read the User Agreement. 30 Days.
Prolly only counts for the digital download, but thats what I have.

Nope, looks like everyone can get a refund except the WoW drones. Coming directly from a Blizzard employee:

If you purchased the game, you can get it refunded as long as the receipt shows the purchase date in the last 30 days at the time a refund is requested. If the game was added to your account via the World of Warcraft Annual Pass there's nothing that can be refunded as it was never purchased.

For more information, please contact our Billing Department.

Billing representatives are on hand to take your call between 7am to 8pm Pacific Time, 7 days a week at 1-800-59-BLIZZARD (1-800-592-5499). Customers in Australia should call 1-800-041-378

This comment was edited on May 30, 2012, 01:48.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Diablo III Patch
67. Re: Diablo III Patch May 29, 2012, 19:55 Muscular Beaver

Nice patch.
I am in some kind of patch loop. It always restarts my game after logging in and wants to patch it, but its already patched.

So I checked the forums and it was quickly obvious from all the dozens of huge threads about that problem, that Blizzard was too stupid to realize that being able to switch server locations in the game would have to mean either they need to have different patch servers too, or simply patch all servers at the same time.
Now I cant play because my game was updated like a US version and my chars are on EU servers. I have to wait until those servers are patched too. As I said, I am not alone. Many solutions that more or less involve to download the whole client again were posted by... users. Blizzard has yet commented on that problem. Awesome going...
Right now I am thinking about getting a refund.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > On Diablo III Balance Changes
93. Re: On Diablo III Balance Changes May 29, 2012, 11:23 Muscular Beaver

Verno wrote on May 29, 2012, 10:16:

Wrong too. People like me just came from Hell and dont have much resist gear (but still quite good) and nowhere near 50k HP.
People like you need to l2read.

This is really the problem with Inferno in general, most of the gear required to do Inferno comes from Inferno itself. You do a lot of farming and AHing since the drop rates are so random and lower in general due to instanced loot.

All my equipment is from AH. Prolly early Inferno rare stuff (level 54 to 59), and a 800 dps weapon. Im trying to buy more level 60 gear but even with a million gold you can only buy one or two good item pieces.

- Mojo Jojo

82. Re: On Diablo III Balance Changes May 29, 2012, 10:04 Muscular Beaver

Theo wrote on May 29, 2012, 08:54:
Muscular Beaver wrote on May 29, 2012, 04:22:

Ive seen people like you who run around with 17k HP in Inferno and die every second. Yes, very much fun indeed and so unimportant!

People like me, have 600+ resists and tones of armor. youll find that when you do that, you dont get your bazzillion HPs eaten in seconds because its the most important part of damage mitigation.

So to retort,

Ive seen people like you who run around with 50 bazzillion HP in Inferno and die every second because you dont have any resist gear and think its viable to out gear it with flat HP.

Its people like that who are in the forums crying like hell because they dont understand how the game works and then complain that there HP alone isnt helping them and the game is somehow broken.

those people need to L2p.

Wrong too. People like me just came from Hell and dont have much resist gear (but still quite good) and nowhere near 50k HP.
People like you need to l2read.

- Mojo Jojo

69. Re: On Diablo III Balance Changes May 29, 2012, 07:42 Muscular Beaver

NKD wrote on May 29, 2012, 04:37:
Muscular Beaver wrote on May 29, 2012, 04:22:
Theo wrote on May 29, 2012, 03:33:
Muscular Beaver wrote on May 28, 2012, 18:49:
I just unlocked Inferno yesterday and the game instantly went from awesome to pure SUCK!
I have very good gear, lots of HP for a wizard, but there is no chance completing even act 1. People already have adapted. They dont play Inferno much, and if its being played, a few areas are being farmed, by avoiding mobs and running to chests and stuff.

Yeah, better gear will prolly change that, but I wont farm act 1 or Hell act 3 & 4 until I have 20 million to buy proper gear.
I feel like Im going to stop playing soon, because this is not fun.

repeat after me, HP is the least important stat in inferno.

Yeah, especially if the servers lag so much that you cant avoid getting hit, even as a wizard. Also you have to kite the elites all the time (which is another joke) and in tight quarters its even more impossible to avoid getting hit.

Ive seen people like you who run around with 17k HP in Inferno and die every second. Yes, very much fun indeed and so unimportant!

There's a certain level of Effective HP you should reach (Effective HP being HP modified by your resist and armor values), but the thing is that in Act 4 and to a lesser extent Act 3, survivability is not attainable. You WILL get ripped apart, regardless of your gear, if some mobs get near you.

The best defense in the later Acts is a good offense. You can't tank them anyway, so beyond a basic level of HP and resistance, you'd be stupid to even try. Without solid DPS and a reasonable kiting spec you will hit the enrage timers on the elite/champion packs and you will die.

What he should have said is that vitality whoring is a bad idea. You need some level of resists, and you need excellent DPS. Balanced stats are both more effective, and cheaper to obtain.

Of course, but since youre not going anywhere near them, but they still have ranged attacks and stuff they put on the flors that is sometimes impossible to avoid and still does a lot of damage with lots of resists, with few HP you will die very quickly, while you have a very good survivability with enough HP.
I agree, HP whoring is stupid, but its as stupid to ignore it almost completely.

- Mojo Jojo

60. Re: On Diablo III Balance Changes May 29, 2012, 04:22 Muscular Beaver

Theo wrote on May 29, 2012, 03:33:
Muscular Beaver wrote on May 28, 2012, 18:49:
I just unlocked Inferno yesterday and the game instantly went from awesome to pure SUCK!
I have very good gear, lots of HP for a wizard, but there is no chance completing even act 1. People already have adapted. They dont play Inferno much, and if its being played, a few areas are being farmed, by avoiding mobs and running to chests and stuff.

Yeah, better gear will prolly change that, but I wont farm act 1 or Hell act 3 & 4 until I have 20 million to buy proper gear.

repeat after me, HP is the least important stat in inferno.

Yeah, especially if the servers lag so much that you cant avoid getting hit, even as a wizard. Also you have to kite the elites all the time (which is another joke) and in tight quarters its even more impossible to avoid getting hit.

- Mojo Jojo

45. Re: On Diablo III Balance Changes May 28, 2012, 18:49 Muscular Beaver

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Arma 3 Lighting Trailer
15. Re: Arma 3 Lighting Trailer May 26, 2012, 07:16 Muscular Beaver

The Half Elf wrote on May 25, 2012, 18:32:
Arma going back to Flashpoint has never really looked bad, it just has REALLY CRAPPY ANIMATIONS, VOICE WORK, CONTROL SCHEME, etc.

You can show me 1000 screenshots but it don't mean dick until they improve the other major issues of the game.

Good. Stay away. People like you have destroyed enough other games already.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Diablo III Patch Next Week; Real Money Auctions Postponed Again
44. Re: Diablo III Patch Next Week; Real Money Auctions Postponed Again May 25, 2012, 10:46 Muscular Beaver

Oh well, at least they finally semi-fixed the 3 and 4 player games not being possible. Still doesnt work quite often, though.  

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Diablo III Hacking?
174. Re: Diablo III Hacking? May 22, 2012, 04:06 Muscular Beaver

wrlwnd wrote on May 21, 2012, 11:48:
Here's a post from one of the threads

Hello all,

I had my diablo 3 account hacked today. All my items gone and gold liquidated. Blizzard rolled it back to where I was a day and a half before. Meaning I lost around 20 hours of game time play. Not only that, but from what I've read, it seems to be blizzard's fault. My password is a random combination of capitalized and uncapitalized letters, numbers, and special characters. My security question answer is also unknowable by anyone but me.

I was told I'd have to use an authenticator now to use the Real money auction house, and if it happened again, my account would be banned from the RMAH. What is up with that? Blizzard has security flaws and I get punished? So ontop of losing 20 hours of gameplay, I have to use an authenticator to login to my account now, and am teetering on the edge of never using the RMAH? FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!

I just reformatted this computer in anticipation for diablo 3. I have no programs on here but diablo 3, an EVGA overclocker, and internet explorer. I'm also on a secure wired connection, with a legitimate copy of windows 7. I know my stuff, I majored in comp sci in college. Don't treat me like an idiot. This is not my fault.

So now basically Blizzard is treating this guy's account as suspect and will penalize him for their lack of security.

It is to laugh

Well, its Blizzard...
I remember when I was banned from WoW with a final notice, just because my IP address changed.
At least after 6 weeks a more competent superior finally got hold of my case... Still I didnt get reimbursed for the lost days I was banned.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Op Ed
51. Re: Op Ed May 20, 2012, 05:02 Muscular Beaver

deqer wrote on May 19, 2012, 21:03:
Oh, and like that one guy said:
"This game is just running on reputation. Does not deserve the Diablo title."

Yup.

It's the only reason Blizzard could get away with something like this. Any other title they try this with, and people would be like "Nah."

But it's "Diablo 3", and Blizzard knew you'd all bite into it regardless of what Blizzard had in mind for you and the game.

It's sad that so many people bought into this; and it's more sad that they try to defend themselves about it--telling themselves "No! I'm not a fool! ... It's Diablo 3! It's awesome!!!"--and bitching at anyone who doesn't agree.

Welp, have fun leasing your Diablo 3. lulz.

Leasing?
If Im not mistaken at the end of a leasing contract you have the option to buy the product for cheap. Dont see that option here.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Op Ed
50. Re: Op Ed May 20, 2012, 05:00 Muscular Beaver

briktal wrote on May 19, 2012, 19:36:
Why didn't everyone flip out about Guild Wars not having offline single player? Aside from everyone being too busy arguing if it should be called an MMORPG or not. There's no real reason why GW couldn't have a separate offline mode, but it didn't and everyone was fine with that.

Possibly because the first 2 parts were playable very well offline and on LAN? Wall

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Tribes: Ascend Passes 1M Downloads
54. Re: Tribes: Ascend Passes 1M Downloads May 16, 2012, 16:45 Muscular Beaver

Again, far too slow. Tribes 1 was awesome. Super fast and challenging. T2 was slow as shit. Period. T3 looked promising in the beta, very fast, lots of fun, but in release they dumbed the speed down massively and it was just shitty that way.
T:A is just as slow as T2 and T3. Extremely boring. Once you played T1 with that high speed and adrenalin and felt accomplished because you pulled stuff that you thought was impossible, you simply cant get anything out of these slow ass Tribes-wannabe games.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Steam top 10
39. Re: Steam top 10 May 13, 2012, 17:14 Muscular Beaver

Bhruic wrote on May 13, 2012, 17:07:
eunichron wrote on May 13, 2012, 16:40:
Yeah, I have the ArmA 2 Free installed right now, but I'm really just not a fan of the series, but after watching some videos of Day-Z that actually looks really fucking cool and probably worth purchasing Combined Ops next time it goes on sale.

And this is why companies are idiots for not allowing mod support. Arma2 isn't on that list because of Arma2. It's on their because of a mod. Lots of people are doing what you're thinking about doing - buying the game to play the mod. The number of sales they are getting because of this is substantial. All because they supported modding the game.

You'd think more companies would look at success stories like this and realize there's a solid financial incentive.

How? Too much work to put it into their POS console ports.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Steam top 10
38. Re: Steam top 10 May 13, 2012, 17:10 Muscular Beaver

Doma wrote on May 13, 2012, 15:54:
Day Z is the best thing I have played this year. And the sole reason that Arma 2 is at nr 5.

Its great in co-op and permadeath/full loot over the 225km Arma map makes for a fantastic experience

Not really. Normal servers have become quite packed too, at unusual times too.

- Mojo Jojo

1793 Comments. 90 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo