Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Beaver

Real Name Beaver   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Muscular Beaver
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 28, 2002, 23:21
Total Comments 1827 (Pro)
User ID 12928

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Hardware Survey Results & Bug Fix
16. Re: Steam Hardware Survey Results & Bug Fix Jul 25, 2012, 16:27 Muscular Beaver

Still running great with my i5 750 and GTX 260. My SSD however, felt like a turbo kicking in in a Supra. Even in games, not only because of much lower loading times, but also streaming and mid-game loading is vastly reduced and thus minimum FPS are MUCH higher.  

Waiting for BIS to come back to their senses and do a real ArmA 2 successor.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Arma 2 Patch
3. Re: Arma 2 Patch Jul 25, 2012, 09:34 Muscular Beaver

Dev wrote on Jul 25, 2012, 06:24:
adding new video options, adding new patches that help day z, adding more options to help mod makers. Sounds like they are putting at least some of that new inflow of money to work on the game they are getting the money from.

All too often studios take the money and move on to the next project. Its good to see some support.

This is not Blizzard, never was.

News Comments > Diablo III Invulnerability Exploit [Updated]
60. Re: Diablo III Invulnerability Exploit [Updated] Jul 24, 2012, 08:08 Muscular Beaver

Laggy gameplay, disconnects, shitty netcode. That all saved us from those damn cheats!

NOT!

News Comments > WoW PTR Patch Adds Account-wide Achievements
8. Re: WoW PTR Patch Adds Account-wide Achievements Jul 21, 2012, 19:35 Muscular Beaver

NKD wrote on Jul 21, 2012, 19:00:
Gonna pop back in, play a Monk, and do the normal mode raids then quit again, that's about all I can take of the WoW style of MMO. There just isn't an MMO out there currently that offers what I want these days. Plus being in the middle of moving across the country, getting a new job, and so on is not conducive to gaming playtime.

Been doing that for every expansion now. But after Cata I really dont feel like it anymore. I really cant imagine myself playing in some asian panda world with all the crap that was done to WoW with Cata.
I miss PvP, yeah, but when thinking about how they castrated my druid, I lose all will to try it again.

News Comments > Blizzard on Diablo III
13. Re: Blizzard on Diablo III Jul 19, 2012, 10:47 Muscular Beaver

HorrorScope wrote on Jul 19, 2012, 10:15:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Jul 19, 2012, 10:08:
Sounds pretty desperate.

The only thing is, it isn't. They already sold 7 million plus, it's a resounding success. Now will it have the legs they want... yeah probably so, since they now make a cut with the RMAH. What was their $ win with D1 and D2 with people playing it for years after?

I thought similarly once too.
That was when they made billions with WoW. I thought, wow, they are going to make even better games now and put even more money into their already good support.
And then, very quickly, the complete opposite happened, as if they actually made a huge loss with WoW.
Its just continuing now.

News Comments > Blizzard on Diablo III
3. Re: Blizzard on Diablo III Jul 19, 2012, 10:08 Muscular Beaver

Sounds pretty desperate.  

News Comments > BF4 Beta in Fall 2013: MoH Not Required
11. Re: BF4 Beta in Fall 2013: MoH Not Required Jul 18, 2012, 10:42 Muscular Beaver

Ian

LAN SUPPORT YAY!

News Comments > Diablo III Game Limits Returning
29. Re: Diablo III Game Limits Returning Jul 17, 2012, 14:47 Muscular Beaver

What happened to the only reason to make this game online only?
I still see cheaters and now players will get another shaft?

Wow... seriously, I thought it couldnt get any worse.

News Comments > Diablo III Patched
26. Re: Diablo III Patched Jul 10, 2012, 16:45 Muscular Beaver

dj LiTh wrote on Jul 10, 2012, 15:15:
Well i already made my money back from the cost of the game thru the RMAH, i got more use and fun out of the game than 99% of every other publishers titles. I understand that d3 is a let down for most, but when you put it in perspective it still blows most other games away even in its current state. Bliz just raised the bar so high that noone could deliver on it, enraging nerds everywhere, sucks for you guys i guess. As for me i'll be taking a break and picking it up again when the pvp arena's get introduced for even more value on my money spent....err gained? Hmmm free fun.
I got like 170 hours out of it. It was fun the first time playing through, but not so much after that and I quit right after 1.0.3.

Shortly before that I played The Chronicles of Riddick (both). Even though those 2 games combined were only a fragment of the playtime I got out of Diablo 3, I still liked them much more. So no, I get much more out of other games.

News Comments > Diablo III Patched
24. Re: Diablo III Patched Jul 10, 2012, 16:38 Muscular Beaver

Hornet303 wrote on Jul 10, 2012, 14:30:
Anyway, it just bums me out that the PC scene is so angry all the time. Its like seeing a spokesman for a certain group on TV representing your group. I just keep saying to myself "we're not all that bad, some people are content".

I agree. It bums me a lot too. Sometimes I wish I was still as naive and blind as 20 years ago. It really was nice not having to pay directly for games. You can enjoy life better that way.

News Comments > DayZ Plans: Dogs Soon; Standalone Version Eventually?
56. Re: What I don't understand is.... Jul 10, 2012, 03:41 Muscular Beaver

Primalchrome wrote on Jul 9, 2012, 18:22:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Jul 9, 2012, 14:20:
Are you sure you bought the game? Laugh2

Bought it and the expansion on Steam, check my profile. It's alpha....it is an amazing concept that needs almost every aspect fixed. Until it moves farther along the development path, the hype is totally unfounded. Just look at the brilliant move to eliminate spawn camping by removing the pistol from the spawn kit....

It reminds me of CounterStrike or Desert Combat when I played them in early beta. Lots of issues, but WOW! what promise. The difference there is that I already owned Halflife and BF1942...which were well worth the barrier to entry.

Then you obviously have huge problems with games that deviate a litle from the generic shooter.

I mean I understand that, in Tribes for example, I was about to give up because I tried to play it like a normal shooter, and of course that didnt work. I blamed the game for that. But after a little conflict in my mind, I kept playing and soon I realized its the best game since Doom and the controls are not the worst, but the best for a game like that.

You just need to realize what kind of a game ArmA 2 and all of its predecessors is. After 11 years it wont change for you. Either deal with it or go back to CoD.

News Comments > DayZ Plans: Dogs Soon; Standalone Version Eventually?
51. Re: What I don't understand is.... Jul 9, 2012, 14:20 Muscular Beaver

Primalchrome wrote on Jul 9, 2012, 13:55:
Or having to deal with constant jitter or perspective shifts.

Are you sure you bought the game? Laugh2

News Comments > Total War: Rome II Announced
3. Re: Total War: Rome II Announced Jul 2, 2012, 10:52 Muscular Beaver

Steam only again, I guess...
*sigh*

News Comments > Diablo III RMAH Issues
14. Re: Diablo III RMAH Issues Jun 30, 2012, 20:17 Muscular Beaver

ASeven wrote on Jun 30, 2012, 19:49:
Oh dear, nobody saw this coming, am I right??

Bioware fall was sad and spectacular but it will be nothing compared to the fall of Blizzard that's just happening now.

I've even seen threads with proof that D2 has a lot more players online right now than D3, if this is true, well, only reflects the mediocrity that D3 turned out to be.

What fall? Theres still more than enough idiots who pay for their crap.

News Comments > etc.
2. Why Do People Care About JRPGs? Jun 30, 2012, 18:22 Muscular Beaver

I have been asking that myself for 20 years.  

News Comments > NVIDIA Win8 Drivers
10. Re: NVIDIA Win8 Drivers Jun 28, 2012, 17:44 Muscular Beaver

Too high minimum resolution requirements for touch devices and too much touch constraint for desktops.
Epic fail.

News Comments > Diablo III Patch Reduces Item Wear
15. Re: Diablo III Patch Reduces Item Wear Jun 26, 2012, 19:49 Muscular Beaver

Creston wrote on Jun 26, 2012, 19:39:
Blizzard's method of balancing is just completely nuts.

"This is too strong. It needs to be lower."

*power or ability gets nerfed by 100%*

"Oh, people are complaining about it. I guess we need to adjust it back up a little."

*adjust it back up by 50%*

It's like they don't even understand the concept of taking small steps to adjust something. It's no wonder they keep patching and "balancing" shit for a dozen years, because that's how long it takes with their methods...

Creston
And one year later its back to where it was before the nerfs.
I was sick of it in WoW, saw it once in Diablo 3 and pulled the brake.
I thought about selling my stuff over the RMAH, but then I realized Blizzard would get more money through me, if I did that. So I just uninstalled it.

News Comments > Diablo III Patch Reduces Item Wear
4. Re: Diablo III Patch Reduces Item Wear Jun 26, 2012, 17:51 Muscular Beaver

People still play Diablo 3?  

News Comments > Digital Diablo III Now Spends 72 Hours as Starter Edition
89. Re: Digital Diablo III Now Spends 72 Hours as Starter Edition Jun 22, 2012, 11:07 Muscular Beaver

Dev wrote on Jun 22, 2012, 11:05:
Eirikrautha wrote on Jun 22, 2012, 10:57:
they have created a system that rewards the unscrupulous (put in a false CC#, loot and sell in the AH/RMAH, then transfer your loot to another character before the account gets banned).
A made up false CC # would get auto rejected, without even going through the auth process, there's checks to prevent that.

However, a stolen CC might go through initially and get charged back later on. Its the chargebacks that hurt companies.

Yes and chargebacks happen much later than 72 hours.

News Comments > Digital Diablo III Now Spends 72 Hours as Starter Edition
87. Re: Digital Diablo III Now Spends 72 Hours as Starter Edition Jun 22, 2012, 11:03 Muscular Beaver

pagb wrote on Jun 22, 2012, 10:25:
Also, if you can offer a way to stop people from using stolen credit cards at your store and hurting your product, please enlighten us.

How about using a provider that instantly checks if a CC is not stolen, or simply wait a few minutes until the PayPal payment has been processed (and then its PayPals problem if the CC was stolen - not that they are as stupid as Blizzard anyway).
But I guess the billions from WoW, SC2 and Diablo 3 sales are not enough for a system that every small Internet shop has implemented. Or get some fucking competent people... Guess they only pay minimum wages or treat their employees like shit. That would explain a lot.

1827 Comments. 92 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo