Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Beaver

Real Name Beaver   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Muscular Beaver
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 28, 2002, 23:21
Total Comments 1781 (Pro)
User ID 12928

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Shocker: WoW Not Going F2P
24. Re: Shocker: WoW Not Going F2P Nov 10, 2013, 04:26 Muscular Beaver

I really want to know where they get those numbers.
A few months back I checked every server how populated they were and they were rather empty, except 1 or 2 exceptions like Area 52 on horde side (alliance side is completely deserted).

Oh that is so lame... You will PAY for your use of inappropriate dialogue!
- Mojo Jojo
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Arma 3 Next Month
28. Re: Arma 3 Next Month Aug 9, 2013, 04:47 Muscular Beaver

Dmitri_M wrote on Aug 9, 2013, 03:46:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Aug 9, 2013, 01:22:
Not to mention that its a fucking twitch shooter now, built for the console shooter masses...
Oh come on. They tweaked some animation parameters. The shitty clunky animation system essentially remains the same. It's still shit, PC gamers everywhere should rejoice at it will never be mainstream.

No, you can throw your weapon around like it weights nothing now, no matter if its a pistol or a heavy machine gun. Even without weapon, you can turn faster than any human being really can. You have very good accuracy while moving fast and yeah well... the animations are 10 times worse than the old ones. And after I saw their video how they did them, without any real actors, I am not surprised they turned out this retarded.

Yes, the old negative mouse acceleration wasnt a good solution either, but at least you could adapt to it quickly and it was closer to reality than this CoD-shit now.

Anyway, I noticed very soon, that they dont care for their old fanbase anymore, most likely due to their DayZ success, and got my supporter edition refunded.

This comment was edited on Aug 9, 2013, 04:54.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Arma 3 Next Month
26. Re: Arma 3 Next Month Aug 9, 2013, 01:22 Muscular Beaver

Gotta be kidding me. The game is still feeling like an alpha, and they want to release it in a few weeks?
Not to mention that its a fucking twitch shooter now, built for the console shooter masses...

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > World of Warcraft Free Transfers
6. Re: World of Warcraft Free Transfers Jul 13, 2013, 05:25 Muscular Beaver

Yeah, Area 52 was massively overpopulated with Horde. You wouldnt be able to move in Orgrimmar, if collision wasnt turned off in that game. Alliance was a rare sight and all PvP zones were instant win for Horde.
If I was still playing, I would prolly transfer off of it, because the people there really act like they live in a tin can with each other. Unbelievably rude and immature people.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Total War: ROME II Campaign Map Planner
4. Re: Total War: ROME II Campaign Map Planner Jul 13, 2013, 05:18 Muscular Beaver

Nope.
Steam exclusive.
'nuff said.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Arma 3 Beta Next Week
18. Re: Arma 3 Beta Next Week Jun 22, 2013, 07:54 Muscular Beaver

More importantly is the turning speed. It plays like a generic "twitch"-shooter right now without any body/equipment mass or weapon weight.  

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > New Diablo III Game Director
23. Re: New Diablo III Game Director Jun 6, 2013, 06:07 Muscular Beaver

Now please bring WoW back in the sens of it being similar to before Cataclysm. Yes, I actually miss the game in that state and would play again. STOP DUMBING IT DOWN AND MAKE IT MORE COMPLEX AGAIN!

There might actually be a chance of this, after they brought many developers back who were working on Titan.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 Announced
32. Re: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 Announced May 30, 2013, 15:02 Muscular Beaver

Burrito of Peace wrote on May 30, 2013, 14:36:
jdreyer wrote on May 30, 2013, 14:28:
I run a SilverStone Raven RV03, which uses a couple of 20cm fans to shift air up through the case.

20cm eh? Do they run at 20,000RPM to be effective? How do you stand the noise?
What you mean would be 20 mm.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Diablo III Patched
7. Re: Diablo III Patched May 8, 2013, 04:24 Muscular Beaver

Guess I was lucky to play through this game right after release, when it was still semi-broken. Now it seems to be completely destroyed.
Didnt people predict exactly that would happen?

Still feeling ashamed for putting money in Blizzards mouth for this junk.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Patch Has No Season Pass
20. Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Patch Has No Season Pass Mar 23, 2013, 04:42 Muscular Beaver

NigerianRoyalty wrote on Mar 22, 2013, 22:32:
CS:GO is an entirely new game if you consider the gameplay considerably changed by virtue of its new and exciting recoil / hit detection model. You know, the one where any level of consistency from practice is thrown out the window and pub servers are dominated by people running and spraying with the P90.

That happened in CS 1.6 too. The P90 was autoheadshot, just not on distances, as is the new one.
Now, the Negev is a totally different issue. That thing is far too strong and used too much. Put someone good with one in a corridor, and he will own 10 people in a row.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Patch Has No Season Pass
5. Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Patch Has No Season Pass Mar 22, 2013, 12:40 Muscular Beaver

Did they at least fix the rebuy key finally?  

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Supreme Commander 2 Patched
3. Re: Supreme Commander 2 Patched Mar 16, 2013, 12:26 Muscular Beaver

Optional Nickname! wrote on Mar 16, 2013, 11:54:
dj LiTh wrote on Mar 16, 2013, 10:32:
Too little too late, also i much rather them patch SC1

Agreed, Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance is the superior game. It approaches the same atmosphere of Total Annihilation's slowly evolving battle-lines and skirmish points especially when you slow it down and remove nukes/game-enders in the options. However the UI and waypointing system are still light-years ahead of anything else, including TA.

But what do you think still needs fixing in SC1? There are plenty of mods and maps and the base game runs very well, no anecdotal problems on a few systems, in fact the opposite!

The AI from SC2 would be nice. That would not only make things much faster, but also would mean less frustration when sending lots of AIs somewhere.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Call of Juarez Gunslinger Gameplay Trailer
6. Re: Call of Juarez Gunslinger Gameplay Trailer Mar 15, 2013, 17:27 Muscular Beaver

Console port crap like the second part. No thanks.  

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Day Z Video
17. Re: Day Z Video Mar 12, 2013, 05:39 Muscular Beaver

jacobvandy wrote on Mar 12, 2013, 05:26:
Krizzen wrote on Mar 12, 2013, 05:01:
*snip*

So, Minecraft with guns and no actual construction? Pass.

Uh, no. Not even close. That unbelievably inaccurate attempt at nut-shelling leads me to believe you know nothing about either game, lol. There will eventually be actual construction, though. Not brick-by-brick, but placing little pre-fab segments to build strongholds however you like will probably be the bare minimum. You can already do stuff like that in other ARMA 2 mods such as Wasteland.

You could do that years before Wasteland in Warfare. Not to mention the editor.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Day Z Video
10. Re: Day Z Video Mar 12, 2013, 02:01 Muscular Beaver

saluk wrote on Mar 12, 2013, 01:30:
New pathfinding looks boss. About time.

Lol, a mod for a 4 year old game that was never a big graphical showcase to begin with looks dated? Lol.

There's plenty of shallow good looking shooters out there for you guys to go jerk off to.

Im not sure if that was sarcasm, because ArmA 2 was actually the prettiest game of its time - for a long time.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Arma III Trailer
20. Re: Arma III Trailer Mar 9, 2013, 00:48 Muscular Beaver

Sir Graves wrote on Mar 8, 2013, 16:10:
siapnar wrote on Mar 8, 2013, 09:44:
I gotta say, the graphics, animation and effects leave a lot to be desired.
Blind much?

Thats what I ask myself with people like you. I think its simple fanboyism, if such obvious things are not seen...
Animations often look far cheaper than before. Especially the generic ones. I could leave that as subjective, but looking at trees and ground textures, even someone as blind as you should see how shitty they look. Also bullet impact dust clouds are huge. Almost cant see your target anymore because of them. That auto eye contrast effect also sucks again and is only annoying. And the ancient scope effect is hated in the community already.

Just to name a few...

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Arma III Trailer
12. Re: Arma III Trailer Mar 8, 2013, 01:35 Muscular Beaver

Its better in some cases and in others its actually worse than ArmA 2.
Hopefully the latter is due to the alpha status.

Right now it feels too much like a generic shooter imo. I fired it up and played 2 hours, and havent touched it since release.
Everything is far too fast, so that it actually looks silly and consolish-cheap. Even the graphics are not much better, and in some cases actually much worse. For example the ground textures have received a lot of criticism, as well as the trees

I like the more direct controls, but as I said, they are far to generic now, making it look like a BF3-wannabe game. But ArmA 2 was so much more than that. Kinda sad to see. All the whiners seem to have gotten their will, just like when they decreased ArmA 2 graphics quality, because so many outsiders whined that their ancient PCs couldnt run it.

Oh and again, they didnt implement proper scopes, even though the community wanted that for ages. They should have taken a better look at Red Orchestra 2, instead of BF3...

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Arma 3 Alpha Next Week
20. Re: Arma 3 Alpha Next Week Feb 27, 2013, 03:51 Muscular Beaver

jdreyer wrote on Feb 26, 2013, 23:08:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Feb 26, 2013, 21:05:
SirKnight wrote on Feb 26, 2013, 21:00:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Feb 26, 2013, 20:53:
But damn, I really need a new computer, but Haswell is so close. Guess I have to wait till June...

What you really need is 3 GeForce Titans.

nah, I think my 660 will be enough. ArmA/OFP was never a huge GPU hogger. I was more thinking about getting a nice quad core Haswell and overclock it to 5 GHz. Oh yeah and a new SSD!

Arma 3 looks fairly graphically intense (although the 660 is a nice card). Not sure the Haswell will give you much of a performance boost, unless you're running something ancient.

As did ArmA 2 when it was released, and it still looks stunning today, when you crank up the view distance. Yet my GTX 260 was enough for quite some time and the game didnt get faster when I decreased graphics. However, when I overclocked my CPU to 3.8 GHz and later bought an SSD, both of those upgrades made a huge difference.

There were two DLC add-ons (PMC and British armed forces) for Arma 2 and one stand alone expansion (operation arrowhead). They've said that DayZ is going to be using an improved version of Arma 2 engine and not Arma 3 - maybe that will change but I doubt it.

There was also the Czech army DLC.

Now that I think of it, I would really like to get some printed maps. I am kinda disappointed that they dont offer them with even the supporter edition. Yet they offer printed maps of Chernarus, Takistan and others in their shop.

- Mojo Jojo

8. Re: Arma 3 Alpha Next Week Feb 26, 2013, 21:19 Muscular Beaver

Strango wrote on Feb 26, 2013, 21:15:
...I guess Ill take the supporter edition, since all future DLCs are included...

Be sure to hover over that ? beside it. Standalone expansions are not covered by this.
I dont care. I actually hope they release 2 expansion, which I would also buy, of course.
I would also like to support them. ArmA 2 had brought me so much fun like no other game before.

- Mojo Jojo

6. Re: Arma 3 Alpha Next Week Feb 26, 2013, 21:05 Muscular Beaver

SirKnight wrote on Feb 26, 2013, 21:00:
But damn, I really need a new computer, but Haswell is so close. Guess I have to wait till June...

What you really need is 3 GeForce Titans.

nah, I think my 660 will be enough. ArmA/OFP was never a huge GPU hogger. I was more thinking about getting a nice quad core Haswell and overclock it to 5 GHz. Oh yeah and a new SSD!

- Mojo Jojo

1781 Comments. 90 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo