Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Beaver

Real Name Beaver   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Muscular Beaver
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 28, 2002, 23:21
Total Comments 1776 (Pro)
User ID 12928

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Ubisoft uPlay Security Flaw
8. Re: Ubisoft uPlay Security Flaw Jul 30, 2012, 11:59 Muscular Beaver

Xil wrote on Jul 30, 2012, 11:55:
uPlay works great though, it totally stops me from wanting to install a legal Ubisoft game
u(n)Play(able).

Oh that is so lame... You will PAY for your use of inappropriate dialogue!
- Mojo Jojo
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition in September
42. Re: Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition in September Jul 27, 2012, 09:04 Muscular Beaver

pagb wrote on Jul 27, 2012, 04:30:
As much as I want this... Steam or GTFO

If Steam, no sale.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition in September
37. Re: Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition in September Jul 27, 2012, 03:50 Muscular Beaver

Silicon Avatar wrote on Jul 26, 2012, 22:08:
I always thought that BG lucked out and released at the right time rather than being all that awesome in and of itself. There are a lot of RPGs out there now, so I think I'll pass on the redo.

Go away.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Quoteworthy - "Windows 8 is a Catastrophe" - Gabe Newell
74. Re: Quoteworthy - Jul 25, 2012, 20:04 Muscular Beaver

Beamer wrote on Jul 25, 2012, 19:58:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Jul 25, 2012, 19:56:
I see it more like:
95 (face it 98 and me were small additions to 95)
XP
Win7

Win 98SE fo life!
It was the BEST fully updated.
Totally open, solid, etc.
If you had a problem, could easily fix it without the hassle. I really miss it, and hung onto it as long as I am hanging onto XP....

Except for how it slowed down over time, ultimately losing minutes per hour when I left it on 5+ days at a time. Man, that would drive me nuts.
Yeah, besides ME and 95 no OS drove me mad more. Thankfully I adapted to Win2000 pretty quick. That thing was solid par excellence. I didnt even care that at the start many programs didnt work with it. It was such a relief from all the 9x versions.

- Mojo Jojo

63. Re: Quoteworthy - Jul 25, 2012, 19:49 Muscular Beaver

dj LiTh wrote on Jul 25, 2012, 19:48:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Jul 25, 2012, 19:39:
dj LiTh wrote on Jul 25, 2012, 19:38:
Windows 7 = Desktop / Laptop
Windows 8 = Touchscreen / tablets

I really dont understand the hate that windows 8 gets when its being built with touch screens in mind. Atleast ms is makin its own OS for tablets and touchscreens rather than doing the lazy apple way and just porting a phone os to a tablet. I know when my laptop finally dies (5 years on, 2 hdd's later and just put a ssd in it it just wont die) i'll be wanting a win8 tablet

As for my desktop that will of course be staying win7

Because it doesnt even support all touch screen devices. My Car PC cant benefit from it, because metro needs a minimum of 1024x768.
Its a joke even for what its supposed to be (even though its not).

A joke would be iOS, and 1024x768 isnt exactly an extreme resolution requirement

For many touchscreen devices it is. And Win8 is "supposed" to be for those.

- Mojo Jojo

57. Re: Quoteworthy - Jul 25, 2012, 19:39 Muscular Beaver

dj LiTh wrote on Jul 25, 2012, 19:38:
Windows 7 = Desktop / Laptop
Windows 8 = Touchscreen / tablets

I really dont understand the hate that windows 8 gets when its being built with touch screens in mind. Atleast ms is makin its own OS for tablets and touchscreens rather than doing the lazy apple way and just porting a phone os to a tablet. I know when my laptop finally dies (5 years on, 2 hdd's later and just put a ssd in it it just wont die) i'll be wanting a win8 tablet

As for my desktop that will of course be staying win7

Because it doesnt even support all touch screen devices. My Car PC cant benefit from it, because metro needs a minimum of 1024x768.
Its a joke even for what its supposed to be (even though its not).

- Mojo Jojo

53. Re: Quoteworthy - Jul 25, 2012, 19:35 Muscular Beaver

HorrorScope wrote on Jul 25, 2012, 19:28:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Jul 25, 2012, 19:16:
CJ_Parker wrote on Jul 25, 2012, 19:13:
Prez wrote on Jul 25, 2012, 18:47:
I'm sorry but that is just not true. I got more blue screens in any week I ran Windows ME than I did in a year of using Win 98. ME was terrible compared to Win98; I don't even see how that's arguable.

Just because you lack the skill to set up a stable system does not mean ME stability was a global issue.
My personal experience with ME was nearly flawless. I remember System Restore eating up resources like a starved piranha with a bleeding pig nearby but once that was turned off ME was a pleasure to play and work with.
I had much less BSODs with ME than with 95A/B/98/98SE.
Another neat improvement of ME (thanks to some of Win2K's kernel getting ported over and less 16-bit legacy crap than in Win 9x) was that you didn't have to reboot at least once every few hours to have a stable system.
Win 98 was horrible in that regard. If you multitasked just a little then it was only a matter of when the system would crash and not if. Memory management was abysmal. If you were a "power user" then it was also guaranteed that you had to reinstall Win 98 at least once a year or so due to the registry becoming wonky beyond a certain age or usage.
Win ME on the other hand was the first consumer Windows OS that at least somewhat resembled the reliability, stability and up-time that was normally to be found in enterprise environments at that time.

Needless to say that XP was another major improvement over the Win 9x era but I fully agree with that other dude in that ME is getting tons of undeserved bashing (and I'd bet real money that the most vocal negativity is coming from people who have never even had ME installed).

*cough*
When ME was released I had to install it on many PC. I did support back then too. Driving to customers. ME was pure hell. Installing it and having it run in the first place was almost impossible, but then providing support for it... lol...
It was HELL. Pure hell and we quickly abandoned it and went back to 98SE, which was rock stable compared to ME.

I had success for both, how can one explain it?
Nope I cant, because trying to explain facts to one troll is hard enough.

- Mojo Jojo

52. Re: Quoteworthy - Jul 25, 2012, 19:33 Muscular Beaver

CJ_Parker wrote on Jul 25, 2012, 19:25:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Jul 25, 2012, 19:16:

*cough*
Well, there's system admins with skill like that horror guy and then there's Beavers and Prezels...

Yep, I bet thats easy to say for someone who thinks ME was more stable than 98SE... lol...
Too bad I was one of half a dozen in the same company and everyone else had exactly the same experiences, not counting in the external ones that looked like they would explode when they learned that their boss wants to "upgrade" to ME, because they had that experience at home already.

Sorry, troll, but its a fact that ME was a total disaster. Yeah, sometimes it ran well, but not for long.

- Mojo Jojo

43. Re: Quoteworthy - Jul 25, 2012, 19:16 Muscular Beaver

CJ_Parker wrote on Jul 25, 2012, 19:13:
Prez wrote on Jul 25, 2012, 18:47:
I'm sorry but that is just not true. I got more blue screens in any week I ran Windows ME than I did in a year of using Win 98. ME was terrible compared to Win98; I don't even see how that's arguable.

Just because you lack the skill to set up a stable system does not mean ME stability was a global issue.
My personal experience with ME was nearly flawless. I remember System Restore eating up resources like a starved piranha with a bleeding pig nearby but once that was turned off ME was a pleasure to play and work with.
I had much less BSODs with ME than with 95A/B/98/98SE.
Another neat improvement of ME (thanks to some of Win2K's kernel getting ported over and less 16-bit legacy crap than in Win 9x) was that you didn't have to reboot at least once every few hours to have a stable system.
Win 98 was horrible in that regard. If you multitasked just a little then it was only a matter of when the system would crash and not if. Memory management was abysmal. If you were a "power user" then it was also guaranteed that you had to reinstall Win 98 at least once a year or so due to the registry becoming wonky beyond a certain age or usage.
Win ME on the other hand was the first consumer Windows OS that at least somewhat resembled the reliability, stability and up-time that was normally to be found in enterprise environments at that time.

Needless to say that XP was another major improvement over the Win 9x era but I fully agree with that other dude in that ME is getting tons of undeserved bashing (and I'd bet real money that the most vocal negativity is coming from people who have never even had ME installed).

*cough*
When ME was released I had to install it on many PC. I did support back then too. Driving to customers. ME was pure hell. Installing it and having it run in the first place was almost impossible, but then providing support for it... lol...
It was HELL. Pure hell and we quickly abandoned it and went back to 98SE, which was rock stable compared to ME.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Steam Hardware Survey Results & Bug Fix
16. Re: Steam Hardware Survey Results & Bug Fix Jul 25, 2012, 16:27 Muscular Beaver

Still running great with my i5 750 and GTX 260. My SSD however, felt like a turbo kicking in in a Supra. Even in games, not only because of much lower loading times, but also streaming and mid-game loading is vastly reduced and thus minimum FPS are MUCH higher.  

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Arma 2 Patch
3. Re: Arma 2 Patch Jul 25, 2012, 09:34 Muscular Beaver

Dev wrote on Jul 25, 2012, 06:24:
adding new video options, adding new patches that help day z, adding more options to help mod makers. Sounds like they are putting at least some of that new inflow of money to work on the game they are getting the money from.

All too often studios take the money and move on to the next project. Its good to see some support.

This is not Blizzard, never was.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Diablo III Invulnerability Exploit [Updated]
60. Re: Diablo III Invulnerability Exploit [Updated] Jul 24, 2012, 08:08 Muscular Beaver

Laggy gameplay, disconnects, shitty netcode. That all saved us from those damn cheats!

NOT!

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > WoW PTR Patch Adds Account-wide Achievements
8. Re: WoW PTR Patch Adds Account-wide Achievements Jul 21, 2012, 19:35 Muscular Beaver

NKD wrote on Jul 21, 2012, 19:00:
Gonna pop back in, play a Monk, and do the normal mode raids then quit again, that's about all I can take of the WoW style of MMO. There just isn't an MMO out there currently that offers what I want these days. Plus being in the middle of moving across the country, getting a new job, and so on is not conducive to gaming playtime.

Been doing that for every expansion now. But after Cata I really dont feel like it anymore. I really cant imagine myself playing in some asian panda world with all the crap that was done to WoW with Cata.
I miss PvP, yeah, but when thinking about how they castrated my druid, I lose all will to try it again.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Blizzard on Diablo III
13. Re: Blizzard on Diablo III Jul 19, 2012, 10:47 Muscular Beaver

HorrorScope wrote on Jul 19, 2012, 10:15:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Jul 19, 2012, 10:08:
Sounds pretty desperate.

The only thing is, it isn't. They already sold 7 million plus, it's a resounding success. Now will it have the legs they want... yeah probably so, since they now make a cut with the RMAH. What was their $ win with D1 and D2 with people playing it for years after?

I thought similarly once too.
That was when they made billions with WoW. I thought, wow, they are going to make even better games now and put even more money into their already good support.
And then, very quickly, the complete opposite happened, as if they actually made a huge loss with WoW.
Its just continuing now.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Blizzard on Diablo III
3. Re: Blizzard on Diablo III Jul 19, 2012, 10:08 Muscular Beaver

Sounds pretty desperate.  

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > BF4 Beta in Fall 2013: MoH Not Required
11. Re: BF4 Beta in Fall 2013: MoH Not Required Jul 18, 2012, 10:42 Muscular Beaver

Ian

LAN SUPPORT YAY!

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Diablo III Game Limits Returning
29. Re: Diablo III Game Limits Returning Jul 17, 2012, 14:47 Muscular Beaver

What happened to the only reason to make this game online only?
I still see cheaters and now players will get another shaft?

Wow... seriously, I thought it couldnt get any worse.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Diablo III Patched
26. Re: Diablo III Patched Jul 10, 2012, 16:45 Muscular Beaver

dj LiTh wrote on Jul 10, 2012, 15:15:
Well i already made my money back from the cost of the game thru the RMAH, i got more use and fun out of the game than 99% of every other publishers titles. I understand that d3 is a let down for most, but when you put it in perspective it still blows most other games away even in its current state. Bliz just raised the bar so high that noone could deliver on it, enraging nerds everywhere, sucks for you guys i guess. As for me i'll be taking a break and picking it up again when the pvp arena's get introduced for even more value on my money spent....err gained? Hmmm free fun.
I got like 170 hours out of it. It was fun the first time playing through, but not so much after that and I quit right after 1.0.3.

Shortly before that I played The Chronicles of Riddick (both). Even though those 2 games combined were only a fragment of the playtime I got out of Diablo 3, I still liked them much more. So no, I get much more out of other games.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Diablo III Patched
24. Re: Diablo III Patched Jul 10, 2012, 16:38 Muscular Beaver

Hornet303 wrote on Jul 10, 2012, 14:30:
Anyway, it just bums me out that the PC scene is so angry all the time. Its like seeing a spokesman for a certain group on TV representing your group. I just keep saying to myself "we're not all that bad, some people are content".

I agree. It bums me a lot too. Sometimes I wish I was still as naive and blind as 20 years ago. It really was nice not having to pay directly for games. You can enjoy life better that way.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > DayZ Plans: Dogs Soon; Standalone Version Eventually?
56. Re: What I don't understand is.... Jul 10, 2012, 03:41 Muscular Beaver

Primalchrome wrote on Jul 9, 2012, 18:22:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Jul 9, 2012, 14:20:
Are you sure you bought the game? Laugh2

Bought it and the expansion on Steam, check my profile. It's alpha....it is an amazing concept that needs almost every aspect fixed. Until it moves farther along the development path, the hype is totally unfounded. Just look at the brilliant move to eliminate spawn camping by removing the pistol from the spawn kit....

It reminds me of CounterStrike or Desert Combat when I played them in early beta. Lots of issues, but WOW! what promise. The difference there is that I already owned Halflife and BF1942...which were well worth the barrier to entry.

Then you obviously have huge problems with games that deviate a litle from the generic shooter.

I mean I understand that, in Tribes for example, I was about to give up because I tried to play it like a normal shooter, and of course that didnt work. I blamed the game for that. But after a little conflict in my mind, I kept playing and soon I realized its the best game since Doom and the controls are not the worst, but the best for a game like that.

You just need to realize what kind of a game ArmA 2 and all of its predecessors is. After 11 years it wont change for you. Either deal with it or go back to CoD.

- Mojo Jojo

1776 Comments. 89 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo