Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Beaver

Real Name Beaver   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Muscular Beaver
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 28, 2002, 23:21
Total Comments 1788 (Pro)
User ID 12928

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Diablo Creator on Diablo III
12. Re: Diablo Creator on Diablo III Aug 19, 2012, 18:02 Muscular Beaver

And still, Diablo 4 will break new sale records, even if its a facebook game.  

Oh that is so lame... You will PAY for your use of inappropriate dialogue!
- Mojo Jojo
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria Cinematic
23. Re: World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria Cinematic Aug 17, 2012, 06:00 Muscular Beaver

My friend sent me a scroll of resurrection. I played a bit PvP so far and were like WTF when I saw that there is still the same season running as when I quit the last time in December '11. That is really pathetic. Not to mention PvP balance is fucked up still. Hunters and frost mages still owning everything, CCs are still out of hand (at least blood DKs are finally killable with a lot of effort and luck and all cooldowns used) and the PvP lag has become worse too.

Oh and as for the trailer: I feel shame watching this. I miss my TBC and WotLK WoW.

This comment was edited on Aug 17, 2012, 06:09.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > TF2 Comic Visits a Gray Area
9. Re: TF2 Comic Visits a Gray Area Aug 13, 2012, 09:31 Muscular Beaver

Hopefully they bring the classic TFC gameplay with em.  

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Diablo III 1.04 This Month
29. Re: Diablo III 1.04 This Month Aug 11, 2012, 09:35 Muscular Beaver

Saboth wrote on Aug 11, 2012, 09:30:
deqer wrote on Aug 11, 2012, 09:01:
AnointedSword wrote on Aug 10, 2012, 22:58:
I love how people were saying this game was dead. I find it funny because of the actual data that we have on this company. Blizzard has showed support for their games second to none. Take away all the class warfare- rich versus poor- arguments and you have a company that supported D2 for years! Name another company (not community patches) that supported a game as long? The list is real short...

I also find it funny that people say this game has zero content after you beat the game. Clearly, you have never played other action RPGs or...I will keep the negative thoughts to myself. With that said, more content will come via patches and boxed expansions (just like most every other game in this category).

Why is it too little...too late? Blizzard will get this game up to par long before an expansion will come out. It isn't like you have to pay a monthly fee or by another copy to try out the new patches...
Have fun playing your single-player game online.

Number one reason I won't be buying it any time soon. I might give it a shot when it's $10. But this whole thing about "balancing" weapons/classes/drops/auction house and multiplayer when at its heart it is a single player game, and the whole "being allowed to play as long as you are online". Rubberbanding, lost saves, disconnects...no thanks.

Yeah best method to play this game.
I think it was fun the first time playing through it. Even the second time and the 3rd time, but then huge issues become evident and Blizzard "fixing" the complete opposite, so I quit.

It is worth $10, because it was fun for a while. But this is nowhere near Diablo 1 or 2. I played 1 & 2 for months, but after 2 weeks playing Diablo 3, it was just not possible for me anymore.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Diablo III 1.04 This Month
25. Re: Diablo III 1.04 This Month Aug 11, 2012, 05:09 Muscular Beaver

s1mon75 wrote on Aug 11, 2012, 03:26:
Graham wrote on Aug 11, 2012, 00:13:
How fucking dare you? Seriously, what is this?

You come on this board, in this space, and claim to be enjoying yourself in a game that we don't approve of? Fuck you. Fuck everything you stand for. This game didn't meet the expectations of the thin edge of the wedge, and for that, it's a failure. Despite the fact that it set record sales, and despite the fact that enough people are still playing to bitch in an epic fashion, you're WRONG WRONG WRONG.

And you're a horrible person for having a good time with it, you filthy fucking casual. Your entertainment is invalid. Your joy? Non-existant. From now on you'd better fucking check in with us on how to feel before you feel it, lest you post something here that we don't like. THEN... THEN you will see what a stern talking to really is.

Quoted Because this is quite possibly the best post ive read on Bluesnews. Message me and ill Gift you your game of choice via Steam or Amazon.

EDIT: Bold fail
So its a paid post then.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Standalone DayZ Coming
42. Re: Standalone DayZ Coming Aug 7, 2012, 18:11 Muscular Beaver

Its a PC game made by an Indie developer. What do you expect? It isnt as polished at EA titles, but has at least 300% more gameplay than EA games and 10000% more support. It is one of the very few real PC games.

Shack Tactical movies also show how to properly use TrackIR, which makes the controls so much better.

And for the 1000th time: ArmA is no simple shooter. It is more realistic, and thus you cant swing around like in Unreal Tournament and switch between 20 weapons in just 5 ms.
If you dont like it, go back playing your generic shooters!

This comment was edited on Aug 7, 2012, 18:19.

- Mojo Jojo

39. Re: Standalone DayZ Coming Aug 7, 2012, 17:54 Muscular Beaver

PHJF wrote on Aug 7, 2012, 14:44:
The standalone is sounding like an option for people who don't want to waste money on shitty-ass ARMAII just to play DayZ.

For people who really think that ArmA 2 is shitty, I recommend the Shack Tactical videos on Youtube. If after that you will still say the same, you should just go back to your shitty console port crap and never ever be as audacious again and criticize PC games.

- Mojo Jojo

38. Re: Standalone DayZ Coming Aug 7, 2012, 17:49 Muscular Beaver

Dmitri_M wrote on Aug 7, 2012, 15:09:
PC gamers are about adventurous today as..console gamers. Ya'll deserve the current state of gaming you're always whinging about.

The PC guys back in 2002 who refused to play OFP because it was too "quirky" went on to migrate exclusively to consoles and call the cover shooter trend and regenerating health "progress". Ten years on not much has changed.

Cant put it any better.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Blood Revival Proposed
32. Re: Blood Revival Proposed Aug 5, 2012, 08:13 Muscular Beaver

Do it! DO IT NAO!!!!!!!111
Best classic shooter ever.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Activision Blizzard Financial: WoW Subs Drop to 9.1M
31. Re: Activision Blizzard Financial: WoW Subs Drop to 9.1M Aug 3, 2012, 07:34 Muscular Beaver

The funny thing right now is that I actually miss playing WoW.
Pre-Cata WoW, that is. Im really sad what they did to it with and after Cata and MOP seems to make it even worse.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Activision Blizzard Financial: WoW Subs Drop to 9.1M
30. Re: Activision Blizzard Financial: WoW Subs Drop to 9.1M Aug 3, 2012, 07:32 Muscular Beaver

Ant wrote on Aug 3, 2012, 01:03:
Jackplug wrote on Aug 2, 2012, 20:24:
Another batch of kids have grown up and found out what the outside world is all about!!
Outside is overrated. :p

But its graphics are nice!

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Arma 2: Army of the Czech Republic DLC
10. Re: Ships Ahoy - Arma 2: Army of the Czech Republic DLC Jul 31, 2012, 16:02 Muscular Beaver

Teddy wrote on Jul 31, 2012, 15:36:
Ben wrote on Jul 31, 2012, 14:40:
Everyone and their opinions... Well, here's mine. ARMA 2 is an awesome military game (and there are plenty of positive reviews for it). Operation Flashpoint was epic, and I have enjoyed all their games since. I personally think that the Day Z mod is nowhere near as cool as the actual game itself. I find it amazing how everyone is so interested in anything that involves zombies. I don't find it that interesting myself.

Opinions on games vary. I loved Flashpoint, hated ArmA. Perhaps it was in when the titles were released, but my real issue with ArmA is that they have a complete tool designing their controls. They're a clunky mess that get in the way of actual gameplay more often than not unless you spend ages training yourself to get used to them. Something that's inexcusable for modern games, as far as I'm concerned.

I should have mentioned but didn't think of it in my earlier post that there's an easy way to decide for yourself. Arma2 free (http://www.arma2.com/free/) is the same game, minus the campaign, HD textures and mod support.

It will at the very least give you a feel for how the game plays, if you're actually interested. I'm of the opinion that most people will just laugh it off after trying that, but hey, as Ben said, opinions differ. You might like it.

OFP controls were even clunkier and especially moving in building was almost impossible in OFP because you got stuck all the time. So I dont understand why you liked OFP and not the others.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Ubisoft uPlay Security Flaw
8. Re: Ubisoft uPlay Security Flaw Jul 30, 2012, 11:59 Muscular Beaver

Xil wrote on Jul 30, 2012, 11:55:
uPlay works great though, it totally stops me from wanting to install a legal Ubisoft game
u(n)Play(able).

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition in September
42. Re: Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition in September Jul 27, 2012, 09:04 Muscular Beaver

pagb wrote on Jul 27, 2012, 04:30:
As much as I want this... Steam or GTFO

If Steam, no sale.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition in September
37. Re: Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition in September Jul 27, 2012, 03:50 Muscular Beaver

Silicon Avatar wrote on Jul 26, 2012, 22:08:
I always thought that BG lucked out and released at the right time rather than being all that awesome in and of itself. There are a lot of RPGs out there now, so I think I'll pass on the redo.

Go away.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Quoteworthy - "Windows 8 is a Catastrophe" - Gabe Newell
74. Re: Quoteworthy - Jul 25, 2012, 20:04 Muscular Beaver

Beamer wrote on Jul 25, 2012, 19:58:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Jul 25, 2012, 19:56:
I see it more like:
95 (face it 98 and me were small additions to 95)
XP
Win7

Win 98SE fo life!
It was the BEST fully updated.
Totally open, solid, etc.
If you had a problem, could easily fix it without the hassle. I really miss it, and hung onto it as long as I am hanging onto XP....

Except for how it slowed down over time, ultimately losing minutes per hour when I left it on 5+ days at a time. Man, that would drive me nuts.
Yeah, besides ME and 95 no OS drove me mad more. Thankfully I adapted to Win2000 pretty quick. That thing was solid par excellence. I didnt even care that at the start many programs didnt work with it. It was such a relief from all the 9x versions.

- Mojo Jojo

63. Re: Quoteworthy - Jul 25, 2012, 19:49 Muscular Beaver

dj LiTh wrote on Jul 25, 2012, 19:48:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Jul 25, 2012, 19:39:
dj LiTh wrote on Jul 25, 2012, 19:38:
Windows 7 = Desktop / Laptop
Windows 8 = Touchscreen / tablets

I really dont understand the hate that windows 8 gets when its being built with touch screens in mind. Atleast ms is makin its own OS for tablets and touchscreens rather than doing the lazy apple way and just porting a phone os to a tablet. I know when my laptop finally dies (5 years on, 2 hdd's later and just put a ssd in it it just wont die) i'll be wanting a win8 tablet

As for my desktop that will of course be staying win7

Because it doesnt even support all touch screen devices. My Car PC cant benefit from it, because metro needs a minimum of 1024x768.
Its a joke even for what its supposed to be (even though its not).

A joke would be iOS, and 1024x768 isnt exactly an extreme resolution requirement

For many touchscreen devices it is. And Win8 is "supposed" to be for those.

- Mojo Jojo

57. Re: Quoteworthy - Jul 25, 2012, 19:39 Muscular Beaver

dj LiTh wrote on Jul 25, 2012, 19:38:
Windows 7 = Desktop / Laptop
Windows 8 = Touchscreen / tablets

I really dont understand the hate that windows 8 gets when its being built with touch screens in mind. Atleast ms is makin its own OS for tablets and touchscreens rather than doing the lazy apple way and just porting a phone os to a tablet. I know when my laptop finally dies (5 years on, 2 hdd's later and just put a ssd in it it just wont die) i'll be wanting a win8 tablet

As for my desktop that will of course be staying win7

Because it doesnt even support all touch screen devices. My Car PC cant benefit from it, because metro needs a minimum of 1024x768.
Its a joke even for what its supposed to be (even though its not).

- Mojo Jojo

53. Re: Quoteworthy - Jul 25, 2012, 19:35 Muscular Beaver

HorrorScope wrote on Jul 25, 2012, 19:28:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Jul 25, 2012, 19:16:
CJ_Parker wrote on Jul 25, 2012, 19:13:
Prez wrote on Jul 25, 2012, 18:47:
I'm sorry but that is just not true. I got more blue screens in any week I ran Windows ME than I did in a year of using Win 98. ME was terrible compared to Win98; I don't even see how that's arguable.

Just because you lack the skill to set up a stable system does not mean ME stability was a global issue.
My personal experience with ME was nearly flawless. I remember System Restore eating up resources like a starved piranha with a bleeding pig nearby but once that was turned off ME was a pleasure to play and work with.
I had much less BSODs with ME than with 95A/B/98/98SE.
Another neat improvement of ME (thanks to some of Win2K's kernel getting ported over and less 16-bit legacy crap than in Win 9x) was that you didn't have to reboot at least once every few hours to have a stable system.
Win 98 was horrible in that regard. If you multitasked just a little then it was only a matter of when the system would crash and not if. Memory management was abysmal. If you were a "power user" then it was also guaranteed that you had to reinstall Win 98 at least once a year or so due to the registry becoming wonky beyond a certain age or usage.
Win ME on the other hand was the first consumer Windows OS that at least somewhat resembled the reliability, stability and up-time that was normally to be found in enterprise environments at that time.

Needless to say that XP was another major improvement over the Win 9x era but I fully agree with that other dude in that ME is getting tons of undeserved bashing (and I'd bet real money that the most vocal negativity is coming from people who have never even had ME installed).

*cough*
When ME was released I had to install it on many PC. I did support back then too. Driving to customers. ME was pure hell. Installing it and having it run in the first place was almost impossible, but then providing support for it... lol...
It was HELL. Pure hell and we quickly abandoned it and went back to 98SE, which was rock stable compared to ME.

I had success for both, how can one explain it?
Nope I cant, because trying to explain facts to one troll is hard enough.

- Mojo Jojo

52. Re: Quoteworthy - Jul 25, 2012, 19:33 Muscular Beaver

CJ_Parker wrote on Jul 25, 2012, 19:25:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Jul 25, 2012, 19:16:

*cough*
Well, there's system admins with skill like that horror guy and then there's Beavers and Prezels...

Yep, I bet thats easy to say for someone who thinks ME was more stable than 98SE... lol...
Too bad I was one of half a dozen in the same company and everyone else had exactly the same experiences, not counting in the external ones that looked like they would explode when they learned that their boss wants to "upgrade" to ME, because they had that experience at home already.

Sorry, troll, but its a fact that ME was a total disaster. Yeah, sometimes it ran well, but not for long.

- Mojo Jojo

1788 Comments. 90 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo