Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Beaver

Real Name Beaver   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Muscular Beaver
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 28, 2002, 23:21
Total Comments 1776 (Pro)
User ID 12928

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > New Steam Community Launches
7. Re: New Steam Community Launches Sep 5, 2012, 05:27 Muscular Beaver

So when Steam was released it was extremely slow on loading and logging on. It was really horrible and many complained about that.
Then a few years ago it got much better. It loaded almost instantly.
But now its almost back to when it was released. It takes so long... its not funny anymore.
Who the hell needs all these features anyway? It has become pure bloatware...

Oh that is so lame... You will PAY for your use of inappropriate dialogue!
- Mojo Jojo
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Bans; Sales Success
82. Re: Guild Wars 2 Bans; Sales Success Sep 1, 2012, 06:22 Muscular Beaver

There also seems to be a hacking problem. My account (even though I havent used it since GW1 start) has the email changed. I got all the confirmation emails, but never clicked them actually.
So now my email is changed and I cant access that account anymore. No problem, since it just bogus data in it and no game associated with it, but I did a quick search about this and there seem to be a lot of others with the same problem, with an active GW2 account.

No official statement yet, those people havent even got a reply back from support.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > World of Warcraft Patched
8. Re: World of Warcraft Patched Aug 29, 2012, 04:48 Muscular Beaver

The changes are horrible.
I mean, I knew it would be bad, after reading the patch notes and hearing for the first time how they want to dumb the game down even more, but the reality is much worse than even I thought.

The talent trees are a joke now. Lots of specs feel completely different now. You cant choose important talents anymore, because there is another more important one in the same tier. Lots of skills, talents and parts of those are gone. For example a rogue has to decide between preparation and shadow step. Wouldnt be such a huge deal, since shadow step is awesome, but they increased cooldown of several skills, which makes preparation mandatory in PvP, but at the same time, youre also screwed without shadow step. You can also no longer choose between the poisons you want to use. Theres now 2 different types of poisons and only one of each can be used. One talented and one normal. No more possibility to use crippling poison and wound poison together.

As I said, too much class changes again. The whole game feels completely different, similar to when they took away tree form and root breaking from druids, but much worse actually.

Its extremely dumbed down, to a point where I can no longer say that I know this game.

I am pretty sure the achievement whores and bling bling freaks will love it again, since they care more about their mounts and pets than the actual gameplay, but this will be the first expansion I wont buy.

Oh and yeah, the classes have become even more similar now. Everyone seems to have CC, heals and running speed abilities now, and the classes that really need those or are defined by them, have not been altered or have actually been nerfed.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Natural Selection 2 Exosuit Reveal; Beta Access Ending
10. Re: Natural Selection 2 Exosuit Reveal; Beta Access Ending Aug 28, 2012, 15:40 Muscular Beaver

Trevellian wrote on Aug 28, 2012, 14:31:
I preordered it last christmas or the year before, I forget which. I did it because they were doing 2 Keys for 30 dollars or some shit.

Gave one to my buddy and our initial outing with it was poor. Laggy, barely ran, couldn't play half the time, typical beta.

It has DRASTICALLY improved over the course of the past year. Very playable. Very much like the original Natural Selection where if your commander sucks you're going to lose. Forces good teamwork. Engine looks and runs great now. We've played a few games here and there. Can't wait to see the finished product.

And will it also be like in NS1 at the end that if you have a good commander, aliens have zero chance in winning?

I mean, dont get me wrong, I am really waiting for this game, but I also know how screwed up the balance was in NS1.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Head Start Begins
47. Re: Guild Wars 2 Head Start Begins Aug 26, 2012, 13:44 Muscular Beaver

Sounds really nice, but an MMO in the middle of the summer? Nah thanks.
I will try it out in November for sure, though.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
50. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Aug 22, 2012, 17:39 Muscular Beaver

Yeah its acting weird sometimes. Restarting the game fixes it for me.  

- Mojo Jojo

48. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Aug 22, 2012, 12:50 Muscular Beaver

PHJF wrote on Aug 22, 2012, 12:48:

Shotguns suck? Awww man, I was thinking of getting this for some oldschool teamplay but now...I always prefered shotguns in these type of games.

Benelli M3, weapon of choice for the discerning CS player! MP5 is a total noob gun!

Dual Berettas ftw!

- Mojo Jojo

44. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Aug 22, 2012, 04:38 Muscular Beaver

Of course the maps I liked most, assault, backalley and 747, are not included.  

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Diablo Creator on Diablo III
12. Re: Diablo Creator on Diablo III Aug 19, 2012, 18:02 Muscular Beaver

And still, Diablo 4 will break new sale records, even if its a facebook game.  

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria Cinematic
23. Re: World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria Cinematic Aug 17, 2012, 06:00 Muscular Beaver

My friend sent me a scroll of resurrection. I played a bit PvP so far and were like WTF when I saw that there is still the same season running as when I quit the last time in December '11. That is really pathetic. Not to mention PvP balance is fucked up still. Hunters and frost mages still owning everything, CCs are still out of hand (at least blood DKs are finally killable with a lot of effort and luck and all cooldowns used) and the PvP lag has become worse too.

Oh and as for the trailer: I feel shame watching this. I miss my TBC and WotLK WoW.

This comment was edited on Aug 17, 2012, 06:09.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > TF2 Comic Visits a Gray Area
9. Re: TF2 Comic Visits a Gray Area Aug 13, 2012, 09:31 Muscular Beaver

Hopefully they bring the classic TFC gameplay with em.  

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Diablo III 1.04 This Month
29. Re: Diablo III 1.04 This Month Aug 11, 2012, 09:35 Muscular Beaver

Saboth wrote on Aug 11, 2012, 09:30:
deqer wrote on Aug 11, 2012, 09:01:
AnointedSword wrote on Aug 10, 2012, 22:58:
I love how people were saying this game was dead. I find it funny because of the actual data that we have on this company. Blizzard has showed support for their games second to none. Take away all the class warfare- rich versus poor- arguments and you have a company that supported D2 for years! Name another company (not community patches) that supported a game as long? The list is real short...

I also find it funny that people say this game has zero content after you beat the game. Clearly, you have never played other action RPGs or...I will keep the negative thoughts to myself. With that said, more content will come via patches and boxed expansions (just like most every other game in this category).

Why is it too little...too late? Blizzard will get this game up to par long before an expansion will come out. It isn't like you have to pay a monthly fee or by another copy to try out the new patches...
Have fun playing your single-player game online.

Number one reason I won't be buying it any time soon. I might give it a shot when it's $10. But this whole thing about "balancing" weapons/classes/drops/auction house and multiplayer when at its heart it is a single player game, and the whole "being allowed to play as long as you are online". Rubberbanding, lost saves, disconnects...no thanks.

Yeah best method to play this game.
I think it was fun the first time playing through it. Even the second time and the 3rd time, but then huge issues become evident and Blizzard "fixing" the complete opposite, so I quit.

It is worth $10, because it was fun for a while. But this is nowhere near Diablo 1 or 2. I played 1 & 2 for months, but after 2 weeks playing Diablo 3, it was just not possible for me anymore.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Diablo III 1.04 This Month
25. Re: Diablo III 1.04 This Month Aug 11, 2012, 05:09 Muscular Beaver

s1mon75 wrote on Aug 11, 2012, 03:26:
Graham wrote on Aug 11, 2012, 00:13:
How fucking dare you? Seriously, what is this?

You come on this board, in this space, and claim to be enjoying yourself in a game that we don't approve of? Fuck you. Fuck everything you stand for. This game didn't meet the expectations of the thin edge of the wedge, and for that, it's a failure. Despite the fact that it set record sales, and despite the fact that enough people are still playing to bitch in an epic fashion, you're WRONG WRONG WRONG.

And you're a horrible person for having a good time with it, you filthy fucking casual. Your entertainment is invalid. Your joy? Non-existant. From now on you'd better fucking check in with us on how to feel before you feel it, lest you post something here that we don't like. THEN... THEN you will see what a stern talking to really is.

Quoted Because this is quite possibly the best post ive read on Bluesnews. Message me and ill Gift you your game of choice via Steam or Amazon.

EDIT: Bold fail
So its a paid post then.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Standalone DayZ Coming
42. Re: Standalone DayZ Coming Aug 7, 2012, 18:11 Muscular Beaver

Its a PC game made by an Indie developer. What do you expect? It isnt as polished at EA titles, but has at least 300% more gameplay than EA games and 10000% more support. It is one of the very few real PC games.

Shack Tactical movies also show how to properly use TrackIR, which makes the controls so much better.

And for the 1000th time: ArmA is no simple shooter. It is more realistic, and thus you cant swing around like in Unreal Tournament and switch between 20 weapons in just 5 ms.
If you dont like it, go back playing your generic shooters!

This comment was edited on Aug 7, 2012, 18:19.

- Mojo Jojo

39. Re: Standalone DayZ Coming Aug 7, 2012, 17:54 Muscular Beaver

PHJF wrote on Aug 7, 2012, 14:44:
The standalone is sounding like an option for people who don't want to waste money on shitty-ass ARMAII just to play DayZ.

For people who really think that ArmA 2 is shitty, I recommend the Shack Tactical videos on Youtube. If after that you will still say the same, you should just go back to your shitty console port crap and never ever be as audacious again and criticize PC games.

- Mojo Jojo

38. Re: Standalone DayZ Coming Aug 7, 2012, 17:49 Muscular Beaver

Dmitri_M wrote on Aug 7, 2012, 15:09:
PC gamers are about adventurous today as..console gamers. Ya'll deserve the current state of gaming you're always whinging about.

The PC guys back in 2002 who refused to play OFP because it was too "quirky" went on to migrate exclusively to consoles and call the cover shooter trend and regenerating health "progress". Ten years on not much has changed.

Cant put it any better.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Blood Revival Proposed
32. Re: Blood Revival Proposed Aug 5, 2012, 08:13 Muscular Beaver

Do it! DO IT NAO!!!!!!!111
Best classic shooter ever.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Activision Blizzard Financial: WoW Subs Drop to 9.1M
31. Re: Activision Blizzard Financial: WoW Subs Drop to 9.1M Aug 3, 2012, 07:34 Muscular Beaver

The funny thing right now is that I actually miss playing WoW.
Pre-Cata WoW, that is. Im really sad what they did to it with and after Cata and MOP seems to make it even worse.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Activision Blizzard Financial: WoW Subs Drop to 9.1M
30. Re: Activision Blizzard Financial: WoW Subs Drop to 9.1M Aug 3, 2012, 07:32 Muscular Beaver

Ant wrote on Aug 3, 2012, 01:03:
Jackplug wrote on Aug 2, 2012, 20:24:
Another batch of kids have grown up and found out what the outside world is all about!!
Outside is overrated. :p

But its graphics are nice!

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Arma 2: Army of the Czech Republic DLC
10. Re: Ships Ahoy - Arma 2: Army of the Czech Republic DLC Jul 31, 2012, 16:02 Muscular Beaver

Teddy wrote on Jul 31, 2012, 15:36:
Ben wrote on Jul 31, 2012, 14:40:
Everyone and their opinions... Well, here's mine. ARMA 2 is an awesome military game (and there are plenty of positive reviews for it). Operation Flashpoint was epic, and I have enjoyed all their games since. I personally think that the Day Z mod is nowhere near as cool as the actual game itself. I find it amazing how everyone is so interested in anything that involves zombies. I don't find it that interesting myself.

Opinions on games vary. I loved Flashpoint, hated ArmA. Perhaps it was in when the titles were released, but my real issue with ArmA is that they have a complete tool designing their controls. They're a clunky mess that get in the way of actual gameplay more often than not unless you spend ages training yourself to get used to them. Something that's inexcusable for modern games, as far as I'm concerned.

I should have mentioned but didn't think of it in my earlier post that there's an easy way to decide for yourself. Arma2 free (http://www.arma2.com/free/) is the same game, minus the campaign, HD textures and mod support.

It will at the very least give you a feel for how the game plays, if you're actually interested. I'm of the opinion that most people will just laugh it off after trying that, but hey, as Ben said, opinions differ. You might like it.

OFP controls were even clunkier and especially moving in building was almost impossible in OFP because you got stuck all the time. So I dont understand why you liked OFP and not the others.

- Mojo Jojo

1776 Comments. 89 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo