Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Beaver

Real Name Beaver   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Muscular Beaver
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 28, 2002, 23:21
Total Comments 1790 (Pro)
User ID 12928

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > World of Warcraft Free Character Transfers
14. Re: World of Warcraft Free Character Transfers Sep 27, 2012, 19:25 Muscular Beaver

I actually have 3 chars on one of those servers and always wanted to change because having idiots in trade chat all day long is bad enough, but an overcrowded server is hell.
But then I remembered they ruined this game and I dont care anymore.

Oh that is so lame... You will PAY for your use of inappropriate dialogue!
- Mojo Jojo
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Notch Knocks Win8: Minecraft Certification in Doubt
79. Re: Notch Knocks Win8: Minecraft Certification in Doubt Sep 27, 2012, 19:18 Muscular Beaver

LOL! Awesome reply. I wish more people would have the balls or brains.  

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria Launches
48. Re: World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria Launches Sep 25, 2012, 15:57 Muscular Beaver

Enough, enough already! I ordered the game!
GW2 that is.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria Launches
7. Re: World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria Launches Sep 25, 2012, 10:19 Muscular Beaver

1AngryGamer wrote on Sep 25, 2012, 10:15:
Worse than Cataclysm

And I never thought it could get worse than Cata.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > World of Warcraft Hotfixes
9. Re: World of Warcraft Hotfixes Sep 20, 2012, 07:03 Muscular Beaver

Alamar wrote on Sep 19, 2012, 23:31:
Fibrocyte wrote on Sep 19, 2012, 22:43:
Mr. Tact wrote on Sep 19, 2012, 11:09:
deqer wrote on Sep 19, 2012, 11:02:
Had I known the game would turn out the way it did, I would not have bothered with it.
I don't like where the game has gotten to, but there's no way I could say that. I enjoyed the hell out of the first four years I played the game.

Of course, I agree with you. deqer's comment is beyond absurd.

I am thoroughly convinced that is what s/he is going for...

As for no start left in AV... lead by example.. go get a tower back... no need to defend your own since it's not happening, except in my BG(group) where we get back capped all the time : )

-Alamar

Thats what I did all the time. You can forget getting one of the middle towers back on your own, because there are always at least 3 people in there. What I did was use my stealth abilities and some tricks to fool the guys in the southern towers. For example people often stand outside and dont guard the flag and with a shrink potion they wouldnt be able to see me when I was positioned well, even outside at the GY flag. Also sometimes there was only one or two guarding and I could kill them on my own and then take the tower back before someone noticed. It made the game a little fun, especially since with only that tactic I bought my team just enough time to compensate for the balance issues. If I was successful there, 99% of the time my team would win. Of course there were sometimes far too many guarding those towers, so I couldnt do anything about it. But if they now just need to cap the towers to win, they will guard those much better and thus I wouldnt be able to do that anymore. And you can forget it to ask people to help, because they wont, or are too stupid.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > World of Warcraft Hotfixes
1. Re: World of Warcraft Hotfixes Sep 19, 2012, 10:18 Muscular Beaver

I remember when they said they never again want to mess with AV. Not only since then, did they remove things that actually made it more balanced, now they also adjusted the reinforcements. Awesome. Even quicker and lamer games now, putting the alliance in an ever bigger advantage, since they can cap/reach things quicker.

I seriously dont care anymore, since I have finally completely deleted that POS game for good after 5.0, but its still interesting to see them break even more each day and seeing this game getting reduced to a scrawny skeleton of its former glory.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > BIS Espionage Charges Follow-Up
7. Re: BIS Espionage Charges Follow-Up Sep 17, 2012, 17:57 Muscular Beaver

MajorD wrote on Sep 17, 2012, 10:49:
InBlack wrote on Sep 17, 2012, 10:43:
Im pretty sure that they will be released. Greece lives and breathes because of tourism, this kind of shit wont fly. And who would want to spy on the Greek military anyway. Turkey? They wouldnt bother when they can just ask their friends from the CIA

If Russia was to attack Turkey from the rear, would Greece help?

Only if Russia would pay their fuel. Who am I kidding, Germany is paying for it anyway.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Black Mesa Released
83. Re: Black Mesa Released Sep 15, 2012, 07:02 Muscular Beaver

Lorcin wrote on Sep 14, 2012, 20:24:
wtf_man wrote on Sep 14, 2012, 19:58:
As I've said before... I've had very little interest in this since they changed it from a re-make to a re-imagination. If I ever do bother to download it... it will probably when they actually finish it... with Xen and all.

/shrug

Wow. Trying to be nice atm so all I can say is wow.

What? More likely "trying to be not a fanboy atm". Its his opinion, and even I thought to download it only when its completely finished, because somehow I think it will take at least half the time it took them to complete this piece, to complete Xen too. And then I would have to play it from the beginning again anyway.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > BIS Arrests Follow-up
24. Re: BIS Arrests Follow-up Sep 14, 2012, 06:33 Muscular Beaver

And here I thought, until now, that BIS and its games are very popular amongst military people.
Some militaries even invite those guys to record sounds of their vehicles and weapons and make detailed pictures of planes, choppers, vehicles, weapons and uniforms.

Maybe they havent realized yet who they arrested. Or maybe Turkey invited them first.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Chris Roberts Game Countdown?
30. Re: Chris Roberts Game Countdown? Sep 10, 2012, 18:34 Muscular Beaver

nutshell42 wrote on Sep 10, 2012, 18:29:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Sep 10, 2012, 18:21:
Freelancer sucked hard [...]
Also I dont want another Privateer 2 fail.

What the fuck is *wrong* with you?

Somebody call a doctor! He's delusional.

On a related note: Privateer 2 was by Chris Roberts brother, not him iirc, and they shouldn't have tacked on the Privateer name. But what do you expect of EA.
Freelancer had shitty controls, stupid story, a stupid way of factions (Germany, China (or was it Japan?), etc. Ugly ships, boring gameplay and a pretty sterile feeling.
Privateer 2 had ugly ships, stupid story and was sterile par excellence.

- Mojo Jojo

28. Re: Chris Roberts Game Countdown? Sep 10, 2012, 18:27 Muscular Beaver

Byte wrote on Sep 10, 2012, 13:36:
http://robertsspaceindustries.com/letter/
To be honest, it sounds like a MMO.

- Mojo Jojo

26. Re: Chris Roberts Game Countdown? Sep 10, 2012, 18:21 Muscular Beaver

Freelancer sucked hard, I hope he learned from that.
Also I dont want another Privateer 2 fail. Get back to the roots Chris and make something epic like the WC Series or Privateer 1.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Sony Player Studio; EverQuest; & EverQuest II Expansions Announced
12. Re: Sony Player Studio; EverQuest; & EverQuest II Expansions Announced Sep 7, 2012, 10:20 Muscular Beaver

Zarkonis wrote on Sep 6, 2012, 21:50:
Lorcin wrote on Sep 6, 2012, 21:03:
I sometimes miss EQ2 but never enough to go back there. Every time the announce an update I feel I should go have a look see but the idea of jumping into a game which has had 6 expansions since I last played is daunting.

The MMO world has moved on a lot since EQ launched but the problem is these are simply expansions - it's not like the combat or general quest style has changed in the interim.
I feel the same way with EQ. I still love the game, but when I'm going to be 32 levels and about 10 expansions behind everyone, it makes for a tough hill to climb.

It really isnt the levels and expansions. Its the AA points. Even with a few hundred youre useless and weak. You need thousands, and that is hard and long work.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Call of Juarez: The Gunslinger Announced
1. Re: Call of Juarez: The Gunslinger Announced Sep 6, 2012, 10:25 Muscular Beaver

Another shitty console port?
Nah, thanks!

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > New Steam Community Launches
7. Re: New Steam Community Launches Sep 5, 2012, 05:27 Muscular Beaver

So when Steam was released it was extremely slow on loading and logging on. It was really horrible and many complained about that.
Then a few years ago it got much better. It loaded almost instantly.
But now its almost back to when it was released. It takes so long... its not funny anymore.
Who the hell needs all these features anyway? It has become pure bloatware...

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Bans; Sales Success
82. Re: Guild Wars 2 Bans; Sales Success Sep 1, 2012, 06:22 Muscular Beaver

There also seems to be a hacking problem. My account (even though I havent used it since GW1 start) has the email changed. I got all the confirmation emails, but never clicked them actually.
So now my email is changed and I cant access that account anymore. No problem, since it just bogus data in it and no game associated with it, but I did a quick search about this and there seem to be a lot of others with the same problem, with an active GW2 account.

No official statement yet, those people havent even got a reply back from support.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > World of Warcraft Patched
8. Re: World of Warcraft Patched Aug 29, 2012, 04:48 Muscular Beaver

The changes are horrible.
I mean, I knew it would be bad, after reading the patch notes and hearing for the first time how they want to dumb the game down even more, but the reality is much worse than even I thought.

The talent trees are a joke now. Lots of specs feel completely different now. You cant choose important talents anymore, because there is another more important one in the same tier. Lots of skills, talents and parts of those are gone. For example a rogue has to decide between preparation and shadow step. Wouldnt be such a huge deal, since shadow step is awesome, but they increased cooldown of several skills, which makes preparation mandatory in PvP, but at the same time, youre also screwed without shadow step. You can also no longer choose between the poisons you want to use. Theres now 2 different types of poisons and only one of each can be used. One talented and one normal. No more possibility to use crippling poison and wound poison together.

As I said, too much class changes again. The whole game feels completely different, similar to when they took away tree form and root breaking from druids, but much worse actually.

Its extremely dumbed down, to a point where I can no longer say that I know this game.

I am pretty sure the achievement whores and bling bling freaks will love it again, since they care more about their mounts and pets than the actual gameplay, but this will be the first expansion I wont buy.

Oh and yeah, the classes have become even more similar now. Everyone seems to have CC, heals and running speed abilities now, and the classes that really need those or are defined by them, have not been altered or have actually been nerfed.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Natural Selection 2 Exosuit Reveal; Beta Access Ending
10. Re: Natural Selection 2 Exosuit Reveal; Beta Access Ending Aug 28, 2012, 15:40 Muscular Beaver

Trevellian wrote on Aug 28, 2012, 14:31:
I preordered it last christmas or the year before, I forget which. I did it because they were doing 2 Keys for 30 dollars or some shit.

Gave one to my buddy and our initial outing with it was poor. Laggy, barely ran, couldn't play half the time, typical beta.

It has DRASTICALLY improved over the course of the past year. Very playable. Very much like the original Natural Selection where if your commander sucks you're going to lose. Forces good teamwork. Engine looks and runs great now. We've played a few games here and there. Can't wait to see the finished product.

And will it also be like in NS1 at the end that if you have a good commander, aliens have zero chance in winning?

I mean, dont get me wrong, I am really waiting for this game, but I also know how screwed up the balance was in NS1.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Head Start Begins
47. Re: Guild Wars 2 Head Start Begins Aug 26, 2012, 13:44 Muscular Beaver

Sounds really nice, but an MMO in the middle of the summer? Nah thanks.
I will try it out in November for sure, though.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
50. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Aug 22, 2012, 17:39 Muscular Beaver

Yeah its acting weird sometimes. Restarting the game fixes it for me.  

- Mojo Jojo

1790 Comments. 90 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo