Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Beaver

Real Name Beaver   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Muscular Beaver
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 28, 2002, 23:21
Total Comments 1785 (Pro)
User ID 12928

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > World of Warcraft Hotfixes
2. Re: World of Warcraft Hotfixes Nov 2, 2012, 15:55 Muscular Beaver

Yes, please.
But please post some Guild Wars 2 hotfixes and patch notes. Its pretty hard to find them actually.

Oh that is so lame... You will PAY for your use of inappropriate dialogue!
- Mojo Jojo
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Free Weekend
9. Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Free Weekend Nov 1, 2012, 22:32 Muscular Beaver

Must have been 8 years since I last played Counter Strike or any similar game regularly. I took quite some time to get back into it, also because aiming is a bit harder and no more hitboxes (graze his ear and its a headshot). But now I am as good as before. I just miss a lot of maps. I simply cant stand dust, dust2, office, italy or train anymore.  

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines Patch
5. Re: Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines Patch Oct 31, 2012, 23:43 Muscular Beaver

Kobalt wrote on Oct 31, 2012, 19:59:
It's still hilariously buggy at times. Decided to replay it a few months ago and got stuck in the elevator in the tutorial and had to restart.

Yeah, they only patch scripts it seems.
I never got around to play it, because of the many technical bugs like completely distorted sound or graphics.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Natural Selection 2
9. Re: Ships Ahoy - Natural Selection 2 Oct 31, 2012, 17:45 Muscular Beaver

Good thing I just bought a 660.
When I am fed up with GW2, Ill try it.
Hopefully its not patched broken until then, like NS1 was.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Iron Sky: Invasion Delay
13. Re: Iron Sky: Invasion Delay Oct 29, 2012, 16:43 Muscular Beaver

netnerd85 wrote on Oct 29, 2012, 11:42:
nin wrote on Oct 29, 2012, 11:18:
fawker wrote on Oct 29, 2012, 11:14:
To call Iron Sky a bad movie is making it obvious you didn't "get it". It was supposed to be a hilariously bad movie. I believe it held up to those expectations.

Not only that, but I don't mind seeing America getting made fun of for once. You have to be able to laugh at yourself.

Oh I got it, it just wasn't funny. Hell I was drinking at the time and still wanted my two hours back. Oh look, we turned a black guy white and reenacted the hitler bunker scene. How funny!

You are not European, you didn't get it. They have a different sense of humour to Americans.

I am European, actually German, and I didnt find it funny at all. There are much better movies out there, that make fun of the US, in a much smarter way. The jokes in that movie felt like they were from the 90s, because you have seen or heard them dozens of times before - that is actually typical German humor.

Even Chuck Norris in Expendables 2 telling an old Chuck Norris joke was funnier than the whole Iron Sky movie.

This comment was edited on Oct 29, 2012, 16:49.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Diablo III Patch & World of Warcraft Hotfixes
4. Re: Diablo III Patch & World of Warcraft Hotfixes Oct 27, 2012, 06:52 Muscular Beaver

Alamar wrote on Oct 26, 2012, 21:50:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Oct 26, 2012, 14:37:
How about some Guild Wars 2 patch notes, Blue?

But stories/posts should be reserved for games that matter... : )

-Alamar
I see what you did there!

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Diablo III Patch & World of Warcraft Hotfixes
2. Re: Diablo III Patch & World of Warcraft Hotfixes Oct 26, 2012, 14:37 Muscular Beaver

How about some Guild Wars 2 patch notes, Blue?  

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > WoW Hotfixed; PTR Patch Notes; Free Character Moves
2. Re: WoW Hotfixed; PTR Patch Notes; Free Character Moves Oct 25, 2012, 06:57 Muscular Beaver

If all this sounds enticing

(Skritt voice)
No.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Diablo III Patched
6. Re: Diablo III Patched Oct 17, 2012, 05:43 Muscular Beaver

Kosumo wrote on Oct 17, 2012, 04:31:
Is this the patch that makes this Auction House a Game?
Its an ARPG!
Auction role playing game!

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Diablo III Version 1.0.5 Tomorrow
18. Re: Diablo III Version 1.0.5 Tomorrow Oct 16, 2012, 03:06 Muscular Beaver

eunichron wrote on Oct 15, 2012, 21:19:
LaxerFL wrote on Oct 15, 2012, 20:58:
Silicon Avatar wrote on Oct 15, 2012, 20:49:
I'm sort of glad I skipped this one. Maybe if enough expansions come out it'll be a fun game.

It's weird. It isn't a BAD game, it just isn't as good as it could/should be. I did enjoy playing a Witch Doctor for a little bit. There is no way I could finish Inferno though. Not because it is too hard but because the game gets REALLY boring at that point. You have all your spells and abilities available to you WAY before you beat Inferno. There is no character progression after that and really what is the point? I never played Diablo 2 for the item grind. I just wanted to see how close to 99 I could get. I got a necro to 94... before the expansion, lol! That was a lot of Chaos Sanctuary runs!!

I understand the people who boycott the game because of always-online or RMAH, but I really don't understand the people who continue to sink hours upon hours into it while at the same time deriding it for how terrible it is. If the game is so awful, why did you put 200+ hours into it? Why did you kill Diablo on Inferno with every class? Obviously the game meant at least something to you to devote that much time to it.

I put about 100 hours into it before I gave it up for other games. Not that I didn't like it, it just didn't hold my attention long enough. It certainly wasn't a bad game, it wasn't a great game either. I got my $60 worth and moved on when I got bored of it. I may or may not reinstall it down the road, but for the time being I have a massive backlog of games to work on.

Simply because I liked it at first. I put about 200 hours into it with 2 chars. I actually thought the high difficulty in Inferno is the class I played, so I switched the class but then they patched the game kaputt and I also noticed it was not the class and I left. Actually I deleted that game 1 day after that repair cost patch, because it made me poor in just a few deaths. I never completed Inferno.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Diablo III Monster Power Detailed
16. Re: Diablo III Monster Power Detailed Oct 12, 2012, 15:54 Muscular Beaver

deqer wrote on Oct 12, 2012, 13:11:
descender wrote on Oct 12, 2012, 12:23:
Sorry the people who still play were too busy to care that you are still crying about it.
^ this guy is still playing D3.

To answer Beaver's question.

GASP!

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Diablo III Monster Power Detailed
2. Re: Diablo III Monster Power Detailed Oct 12, 2012, 10:50 Muscular Beaver

Do people even play it still? I dont know a single person who does anymore.
And yeah, I have more than enough much better games to play than this POS.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Chris Roberts' Star Citizen Announced
76. Re: Chris Roberts' Star Citizen Announced Oct 11, 2012, 03:45 Muscular Beaver

Cutter wrote on Oct 11, 2012, 02:21:
Take a look at the X Rebirth trailer and tell me that doesn't look sweet.

Looks can be deceiving. If it is as sterile as the past X games, I dont care how it looks at all, because it will be simply boring.

- Mojo Jojo

4. Re: Chris Roberts' Star Citizen Announced Oct 10, 2012, 10:53 Muscular Beaver

Btw, link to the new trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_QDv7DFfxk

- Mojo Jojo

1. Re: Chris Roberts' Star Citizen Announced Oct 10, 2012, 10:40 Muscular Beaver

Oh. My. God. That looks so gorgeous.

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!!!!!!

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > World of Warcraft Patch Plans and Hotfixes
5. Re: World of Warcraft Patch Plans and Hotfixes Oct 8, 2012, 03:27 Muscular Beaver

But you can flip tables now!!!!!111  

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 Free Retaliation MP DLC Next Week
6. Re: Mass Effect 3 Free Retaliation MP DLC Next Week Oct 5, 2012, 20:49 Muscular Beaver

Are they about done with their DLC frenzy? I would like to play the game already...  

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Carrier Command: Gaea Mission Demo
9. Re: Carrier Command: Gaea Mission Demo Oct 5, 2012, 02:38 Muscular Beaver

eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 4, 2012, 21:17:
This would be the 1 game where coop would be kinda needed indeed. But since the enemy AI is as braindead as your own units, that would be like putting lemmings into a lion cage. ;p

Since lemmings only suicide on cliffs, they would just jump out since they fit through lion cage bars.

So what exactly were you trying to say?

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > WoW Passes 10M Subscribers Again
65. Re: WoW Passes 10M Subscribers Again Oct 5, 2012, 02:37 Muscular Beaver

Wetworks wrote on Oct 5, 2012, 01:20:
Dades wrote on Oct 4, 2012, 21:25:
- The skill tree argument is ridiculous. GW2 does not have a deep skill tree or skill system at all. I agree that they oversimplified WoW's, but with a larger number of abilities I'd say WoW is still more complicated than GW2. I don't personally think I've seen a more restrictive and dumbed down action bar than GW2's, for that matter.

Guild Wars 2 has the trait system which is meant to be paired with the skill system, they are not weighed separately. Much like abilities you gain from leveling in WOW and the talent tree go hand in hand.

I don't think its the perfect MMORPG but it does tweak and evolve some important things for a genre that is really stuck in a rut. I'd like to see WOW follow suit instead of continually playing itself down. WOW innovated quite a bit in its time but that has really died down over the past three years.

Wow is a far more complex game than GW2, especially where PVE is concerned. I mean GW2 doesn't even have mods or damage meters. Without statistical data after an encounter how can you tweak your build in a meaningful manner?

With GW2 you have a small selection of skills and some traits to define your character. With Wow you have a very large selection of skills, glyphs, socketed items with gems, enchantments, and professions to tweak your build. Not to mention gear is extremely important where as in GW2 gear is meaningless at lv 80. The type of gear you have can be enough to dictate what spec and play style you will have in Wow. After all that you have to factor in self buffs and raid buffs, Wow is one of the few games where you need a spreadsheet to chart out your character's progression.

Too bad most people dont even care about that. Not to mention GW2 is only a few days old. WoW a few days, weeks, months after release didnt have anything like that either.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > WoW Passes 10M Subscribers Again
57. Re: WoW Passes 10M Subscribers Again Oct 4, 2012, 19:49 Muscular Beaver

Agent.X7 wrote on Oct 4, 2012, 19:06:
Oh and I dont agree with your graphics point. It does look better, but its nowhere near "top quality modern graphics". Look close, most of the environment is low poly too. Actually not much more polies than WoW. The chars and NPCs look nice, since they have a much higher poly count, but look at the buildings, trees, rocks, even the vegetation textures, etc. And that also explains why its running pretty good on my 4 year old mid range graphics card.

And that explains why you think it doesn't look as good as it does.

I have it running at maximum details. Polys are polys. Not to mention that screenshots of it look exactly the same as on my computer. But please, show me what I do wrong.

- Mojo Jojo

1785 Comments. 90 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo