Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Beaver

Real Name Beaver   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Muscular Beaver
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 28, 2002, 23:21
Total Comments 1786 (Pro)
User ID 12928

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Total War: ROME II Emperor Edition & Free Update Released
8. Re: Total War: ROME II Emperor Edition & Free Update Released Sep 17, 2014, 05:49 Muscular Beaver

If you have Medieval 2, try out Europa Barbarorum 2. Best mod for TW out there IMO. Of course for people who like the Hollywood version of Rome better this is not recommended, because its developed by historians and thus focuses on authenticity.  

Oh that is so lame... You will PAY for your use of inappropriate dialogue!
- Mojo Jojo
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Warlords of Draenor in November
14. Re: Warlords of Draenor in November Aug 15, 2014, 08:55 Muscular Beaver

People really play this game for the lore or story?
lol...

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Blizzard Financials; WoW Down to 6.8M Subs
42. Re: Blizzard Financials; WoW Down to 6.8M Subs Aug 7, 2014, 01:59 Muscular Beaver

Ryan Lange wrote on Aug 6, 2014, 17:06:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Aug 6, 2014, 01:46:
You dont hear any news about it, no hype about the new expansion, no nothing. That never was the case before. The only conclusion for me is those numbers are still massively sugarcoated.

Ehh... I think it's more likely that Blizzard accepts that WoW's popularity is diminishing. They'll maintain it, release new expansions, etc., but they're probably not going to try to ram it down everyone's optical nerves anymore. Hell, if you don't even know WoW exists at this point, you probably don't enjoy any type of video game.

They'll let WoW settle at a lower population without too much (or any) resistance and perhaps push their upcoming MMO in order to increase their cash flow.
And you say THAT with a straight face?
6.8 million players is huge. Remember the coverage and hype when WoW had those numbers for the first time and for a long time? It was everywhere. Now you even see more news and hype about MMOs that only have 200k players. So either those 6.8 millions dont live on planet earth or those numbers simply are not true.

- Mojo Jojo

22. Re: Blizzard Financials; WoW Down to 6.8M Subs Aug 6, 2014, 03:49 Muscular Beaver

PropheT wrote on Aug 6, 2014, 02:49:
Endo wrote on Aug 6, 2014, 01:50:
It'll go up, but not all that much. WoW is on its long slow way out.

The real problem keeping old-school players (like myself) from ever coming back is that they've just changed it too much. All the old WoW we'd want to experience again is long since gone. They'd probably get more re-subscribers if they just re-released vanilla or TBC WoW than with a new expansion.

It's not the game that most old players are missing, it's the people and guilds and everything that made the game what they thought it was back then. The game itself is better now than it was during vanilla or BC... people pining for the old days need to realize that their nostalgia for that period wasn't the game itself but the experiences they had during it, and those aren't just going to re-materialize if that game came back.

Speak for yourself. I and all of the people I know who stopped playing dont like the new mechanics since Cata, how classes got changed, lost many abilities that were there for a long time and dont want something like that happen again. Quests have become boring, because they are all in one place, etc.
When looking at the game after Cataclysm, it felt like a completely new development team got assigned to it (and that basically was indeed the case). That wasnt WoW anymore, it felt like a clone all of the sudden.

The game has been dumbed down a lot, so I dont know how you can say its better now than ever before.

Did you ever take a look at the private servers that try to recreate WoW only up to WotLK and how many players they have?

- Mojo Jojo

19. Re: Blizzard Financials; WoW Down to 6.8M Subs Aug 6, 2014, 01:46 Muscular Beaver

Very interesting.
1. Why lose so many people in the east? They did Pandas after all!
2. Still weird official numbers. I played that game for a long time, knew a lot of people who played it, but not a single person of them plays it anymore and I dont see any sign that that many could still play it. You dont hear any news about it, no hype about the new expansion, no nothing. That never was the case before. The only conclusion for me is those numbers are still massively sugarcoated.
Seeing how even western governments manipulate numbers of important things like unemployment, I wouldnt be surprised at all.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Arma III Bootcamp Update
4. Re: Arma III Bootcamp Update Jul 15, 2014, 04:45 Muscular Beaver

Still running on fumes content-wise.
Not that I like this fictional hardware anyway...

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Arma III Free Weekend
7. Re: Arma III Free Weekend May 17, 2014, 01:39 Muscular Beaver

Loved OFP, loved ArmA, loved ArmA 2.
Bought ArmA 3 supporter edition, played it a bit, got a refund. What a POS game. CoD-like controls (twitch shooter), fictitious weapons, vehicles, etc, no content, worse animations than ArmA 2 had and Bohemia ignoring completely their old userbase.

I really am not surprised that DayZ SA ended up being a total mess as well.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > DayZ Source Code Compromised?
10. Re: DayZ Source Code Compromised? May 15, 2014, 05:20 Muscular Beaver

Whiskers wrote on May 14, 2014, 20:53:
Wasnt' the entire point of standalone's restructing from the ground up to help stop cheating? FrankieOnPCin1080P had a video a few weeks ago of people who had unlimited ammo in standalone, and all kinds of other shenanigans. At least now they can blame this on the reason there are cheats, even if it happened after the fact

To fix bugs that are caused by ArmA 2 and to stop cheating, yes.
Nothing of those happened. Its worse than in the ArmA 2 mod. ArmA 3 is a joke aswell.
I dont know what happened to Bohemia, I know they were known for their bugs in games, but at least they listened to their customers before. ArmA 2 was an awesome game at the end, but DayZSA and ArmA 3 feel as if they were written by a different company that doesnt have a clue what the originals were about.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Steam Top 10
69. Re: Steam Top 10 May 13, 2014, 01:18 Muscular Beaver

I am curious, since you guys ignore other people so quickly... on how many ignore lists am I?

Hello? Hello?

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Arma III Roadmap
1. Re: Arma III Roadmap May 2, 2014, 04:50 Muscular Beaver

They should just abandon that crap and go for ArmA 4 instead.
Everything seems out of order in this game. No content, stupid fictitious weapons, vehicles and stuff, horrible animations and a generic twitch-shooter feel.
Now that Dean Hall is gone, it can only get better, though.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Diablo III XP Bonus
22. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Apr 5, 2014, 10:37 Muscular Beaver

After all your positive comments here, I guess Ill give it another chance. Maybe I actually will be happy that I didnt get a refund.  

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 April 2014 Feature Pack
7. Re: Guild Wars 2 April 2014 Feature Pack Mar 21, 2014, 04:02 Muscular Beaver

This game needs to be more casual. Not only are the people always getting a heart attack, if someone isnt exactly doing what they need to do, simply because they havent run the instance 5000 times yet, but they also have become extremely unfriendly since release, they dont even thank you anymore if you save their life. Sometimes worse than WoW players. They are really judging players by achievements points. If you dont have 5k+ points, youre a noob to them and they treat you like dirt. Maybe its different on the US servers, but on the EU servers this is normal. I have literally become sick of people and their disgusting elitism in this game.

Its taking several months for people to get a few ascended items is also very frustrating, especially for returning players. You can spend 12 hours a day playing, and it still wont be faster. But if you dont spend at least 5 hours a day, it will take much longer. Not to mention the HUGE time lost if you want top change the build and suddenly need another type of gear.

Also I cant help thinking all the time what an awesome char I could have if I had more trait points. This system is holding the chars back too much. If you know the system a bit, you always feel like youre missing something awesome, if you chose one build over the other. Maybe quick switching from one build to another would help somewhat, but I doubt it.

Its a shame, this game was so promising.

This comment was edited on Mar 21, 2014, 04:08.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
33. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Feb 9, 2014, 08:08 Muscular Beaver

Prez wrote on Feb 8, 2014, 14:28:
The guy sitting in front of you texting that you have to end up shooting dead with a gun and spending the rest of your life behind bars.

Not to hijack the thread but I saw the surveillance video where the man got shot (who knew they film you while you're watching a movie?) and I kind of saw the old dude's side a little more. The other guy (much younger and bigger than the shooter) acted pretty beligerently with the popcorn grab and throwing what looks like his cell phone. My point is not to say that he deserved to get shot for it (because a death sentence is kind of a harsh penatly for that) but it ought to be a lesson to people that acting like an obnoxious gorilla is often dangerous to your health and should be avoided. Regardless, people are assholes which brings us back around to Slim's and Horror's point that going to the theater is usually not worth the hassle and frustration.

If the media doesnt report how he acted, and instead just puts the whole blame on the other guy, only maybe the people seeing it first hand in the theater will learn from it.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Oculus Rift Adds OLED and Tracking
52. Re: Oculus Rift Adds OLED and Tracking Jan 8, 2014, 11:18 Muscular Beaver

What about the burn-in problems OLEDs still have?
They would be even more obvious so close to the eyes.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Homeworld HD/CE Survey
28. Re: Homeworld HD/CE Survey Dec 28, 2013, 07:04 Muscular Beaver

Loved the first part. Second was good too, but imo too shiny and colorful due to rainbow nebula star fields.  

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > DayZ Week One Recap
21. Re: DayZ Week One Recap Dec 25, 2013, 04:54 Muscular Beaver

JohnBirshire wrote on Dec 24, 2013, 12:12:
And what is with all the rampart cheating I have heard constantly about, are the developers incompetant, because I rarely run into cheaters in any of the other dozens of online games I have played.

Then you either dont play very much, or you simply dont have a clue of whats happening. Cheating doesnt only mean running around with a speedhack for everyone to see or killing 10 people in 500 milliseconds. They hide it so that people dont notice it. But if you know how those cheats work, and that a human cant react as fast as a fly, you know very easily who cheats and who doesnt.
Its obvious, they have fooled you very well.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > On Sale
21. Re: On Sale Dec 23, 2013, 20:46 Muscular Beaver

Seventyfive wrote on Dec 23, 2013, 17:42:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Dec 23, 2013, 17:28:
Techie714 wrote on Dec 23, 2013, 14:25:
ARMA III is a steal at that price!! Played the first part of the campaign & it was fun.
I wouldnt even buy it for $10. I bought the supporter edition but got a refund, after I noticed what path they take now and ignore their veteran players. The whole game feels like a badly made wanna be ArmA 2, with worse animations, generic shooter playstyle, unauthentic weapons and vehicles and compared to vanilla ArmA 2 almost no content. Not even Warfare missions are possible because there simply isnt enough stuff to use! And man, those animations... I always thought I am playing some cheap console shooter for $5, when I saw my character walking and moving from 3rd person view at lightning speed, losing not much accuracy when moving at a fast tactical pace... I feel so embarrassed for them.

I just hope they come to their senses again with ArmA 4.

As a non-veteran player, I was looking at the game but was worried it would be "too realistic". I was hoping for something semi-realistic but still fast paced... kind of like the original Rainbow 6 game (not the vegas series). Would ARMA 3 fit that bill?

In multiplayer I guess its what you want. Even small and CS-style maps are now playable, its that fast. A true twitch shooter. Even in CS you lose more accuracy when you move than in ArmA 3 now.
In singleplayer you still need to be careful, though. Needs more planning and more stealth since the AI is again cheating like mad.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > On Sale
15. Re: On Sale Dec 23, 2013, 17:28 Muscular Beaver

Techie714 wrote on Dec 23, 2013, 14:25:
ARMA III is a steal at that price!! Played the first part of the campaign & it was fun.
I wouldnt even buy it for $10. I bought the supporter edition but got a refund, after I noticed what path they take now and ignore their veteran players. The whole game feels like a badly made wanna be ArmA 2, with worse animations, generic shooter playstyle, unauthentic weapons and vehicles and compared to vanilla ArmA 2 almost no content. Not even Warfare missions are possible because there simply isnt enough stuff to use! And man, those animations... I always thought I am playing some cheap console shooter for $5, when I saw my character walking and moving from 3rd person view at lightning speed, losing not much accuracy when moving at a fast tactical pace... I feel so embarrassed for them.

I just hope they come to their senses again with ArmA 4.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Steam Top 10
22. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 22, 2013, 17:40 Muscular Beaver

This DayZ version looks very promising. No huge zombie spam anymore (where everyone can notice you from miles away), zombies are also very slow, the mechanics make much more sense now (you can rip shirts into rags to bandage yourself, you can take blood from someone else to transfer it to you - and die if its the wrong blood type, rotten food will make you sick, etc, etc.). But it looks extremely buggy still, even for an alpha. And thats what always made me not play this game for real. In normal ArmA 2 its bugs are negligible. They either dont happen a lot, or you simply respawn if you die from one. In DayZ they are a much, much bigger deal. It can seriously fuck your day up and make you lose everything you worked weeks for. As if bandits werent enough, your much bigger enemy are the bugs, even after such a long time of patching.

I hope for the best this time, but I have known Bohemia games for over a decade, and thus know its very likely that it will turn out as unplayable for me as the mod. At least the animations seem to be better than in ArmA 3, though, and it wasnt as dumbed down either, quite the contrary, it got much more complex than the mod, plus it still has authentic weapon names and models.

This comment was edited on Dec 22, 2013, 17:46.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Elijah Wood Joins Broken Age
6. Re: Elijah Wood Joins Broken Age Dec 9, 2013, 07:39 Muscular Beaver

Flatline wrote on Dec 8, 2013, 18:41:
No wonder this game blew through it's fucking funding only a fraction done.

You seriously think actors who only play in cheap movies nowadays and are generally not very talented are expensive?

- Mojo Jojo

1786 Comments. 90 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo