Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Beaver

Real Name Beaver   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Muscular Beaver
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 28, 2002, 23:21
Total Comments 1776 (Pro)
User ID 12928

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Diablo III XP Bonus
22. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Apr 5, 2014, 10:37 Muscular Beaver

After all your positive comments here, I guess Ill give it another chance. Maybe I actually will be happy that I didnt get a refund.  

Oh that is so lame... You will PAY for your use of inappropriate dialogue!
- Mojo Jojo
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 April 2014 Feature Pack
7. Re: Guild Wars 2 April 2014 Feature Pack Mar 21, 2014, 04:02 Muscular Beaver

This game needs to be more casual. Not only are the people always getting a heart attack, if someone isnt exactly doing what they need to do, simply because they havent run the instance 5000 times yet, but they also have become extremely unfriendly since release, they dont even thank you anymore if you save their life. Sometimes worse than WoW players. They are really judging players by achievements points. If you dont have 5k+ points, youre a noob to them and they treat you like dirt. Maybe its different on the US servers, but on the EU servers this is normal. I have literally become sick of people and their disgusting elitism in this game.

Its taking several months for people to get a few ascended items is also very frustrating, especially for returning players. You can spend 12 hours a day playing, and it still wont be faster. But if you dont spend at least 5 hours a day, it will take much longer. Not to mention the HUGE time lost if you want top change the build and suddenly need another type of gear.

Also I cant help thinking all the time what an awesome char I could have if I had more trait points. This system is holding the chars back too much. If you know the system a bit, you always feel like youre missing something awesome, if you chose one build over the other. Maybe quick switching from one build to another would help somewhat, but I doubt it.

Its a shame, this game was so promising.

This comment was edited on Mar 21, 2014, 04:08.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
33. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Feb 9, 2014, 08:08 Muscular Beaver

Prez wrote on Feb 8, 2014, 14:28:
The guy sitting in front of you texting that you have to end up shooting dead with a gun and spending the rest of your life behind bars.

Not to hijack the thread but I saw the surveillance video where the man got shot (who knew they film you while you're watching a movie?) and I kind of saw the old dude's side a little more. The other guy (much younger and bigger than the shooter) acted pretty beligerently with the popcorn grab and throwing what looks like his cell phone. My point is not to say that he deserved to get shot for it (because a death sentence is kind of a harsh penatly for that) but it ought to be a lesson to people that acting like an obnoxious gorilla is often dangerous to your health and should be avoided. Regardless, people are assholes which brings us back around to Slim's and Horror's point that going to the theater is usually not worth the hassle and frustration.

If the media doesnt report how he acted, and instead just puts the whole blame on the other guy, only maybe the people seeing it first hand in the theater will learn from it.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Oculus Rift Adds OLED and Tracking
52. Re: Oculus Rift Adds OLED and Tracking Jan 8, 2014, 11:18 Muscular Beaver

What about the burn-in problems OLEDs still have?
They would be even more obvious so close to the eyes.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Homeworld HD/CE Survey
28. Re: Homeworld HD/CE Survey Dec 28, 2013, 07:04 Muscular Beaver

Loved the first part. Second was good too, but imo too shiny and colorful due to rainbow nebula star fields.  

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > DayZ Week One Recap
21. Re: DayZ Week One Recap Dec 25, 2013, 04:54 Muscular Beaver

JohnBirshire wrote on Dec 24, 2013, 12:12:
And what is with all the rampart cheating I have heard constantly about, are the developers incompetant, because I rarely run into cheaters in any of the other dozens of online games I have played.

Then you either dont play very much, or you simply dont have a clue of whats happening. Cheating doesnt only mean running around with a speedhack for everyone to see or killing 10 people in 500 milliseconds. They hide it so that people dont notice it. But if you know how those cheats work, and that a human cant react as fast as a fly, you know very easily who cheats and who doesnt.
Its obvious, they have fooled you very well.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > On Sale
21. Re: On Sale Dec 23, 2013, 20:46 Muscular Beaver

Seventyfive wrote on Dec 23, 2013, 17:42:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Dec 23, 2013, 17:28:
Techie714 wrote on Dec 23, 2013, 14:25:
ARMA III is a steal at that price!! Played the first part of the campaign & it was fun.
I wouldnt even buy it for $10. I bought the supporter edition but got a refund, after I noticed what path they take now and ignore their veteran players. The whole game feels like a badly made wanna be ArmA 2, with worse animations, generic shooter playstyle, unauthentic weapons and vehicles and compared to vanilla ArmA 2 almost no content. Not even Warfare missions are possible because there simply isnt enough stuff to use! And man, those animations... I always thought I am playing some cheap console shooter for $5, when I saw my character walking and moving from 3rd person view at lightning speed, losing not much accuracy when moving at a fast tactical pace... I feel so embarrassed for them.

I just hope they come to their senses again with ArmA 4.

As a non-veteran player, I was looking at the game but was worried it would be "too realistic". I was hoping for something semi-realistic but still fast paced... kind of like the original Rainbow 6 game (not the vegas series). Would ARMA 3 fit that bill?

In multiplayer I guess its what you want. Even small and CS-style maps are now playable, its that fast. A true twitch shooter. Even in CS you lose more accuracy when you move than in ArmA 3 now.
In singleplayer you still need to be careful, though. Needs more planning and more stealth since the AI is again cheating like mad.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > On Sale
15. Re: On Sale Dec 23, 2013, 17:28 Muscular Beaver

Techie714 wrote on Dec 23, 2013, 14:25:
ARMA III is a steal at that price!! Played the first part of the campaign & it was fun.
I wouldnt even buy it for $10. I bought the supporter edition but got a refund, after I noticed what path they take now and ignore their veteran players. The whole game feels like a badly made wanna be ArmA 2, with worse animations, generic shooter playstyle, unauthentic weapons and vehicles and compared to vanilla ArmA 2 almost no content. Not even Warfare missions are possible because there simply isnt enough stuff to use! And man, those animations... I always thought I am playing some cheap console shooter for $5, when I saw my character walking and moving from 3rd person view at lightning speed, losing not much accuracy when moving at a fast tactical pace... I feel so embarrassed for them.

I just hope they come to their senses again with ArmA 4.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Steam Top 10
22. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 22, 2013, 17:40 Muscular Beaver

This DayZ version looks very promising. No huge zombie spam anymore (where everyone can notice you from miles away), zombies are also very slow, the mechanics make much more sense now (you can rip shirts into rags to bandage yourself, you can take blood from someone else to transfer it to you - and die if its the wrong blood type, rotten food will make you sick, etc, etc.). But it looks extremely buggy still, even for an alpha. And thats what always made me not play this game for real. In normal ArmA 2 its bugs are negligible. They either dont happen a lot, or you simply respawn if you die from one. In DayZ they are a much, much bigger deal. It can seriously fuck your day up and make you lose everything you worked weeks for. As if bandits werent enough, your much bigger enemy are the bugs, even after such a long time of patching.

I hope for the best this time, but I have known Bohemia games for over a decade, and thus know its very likely that it will turn out as unplayable for me as the mod. At least the animations seem to be better than in ArmA 3, though, and it wasnt as dumbed down either, quite the contrary, it got much more complex than the mod, plus it still has authentic weapon names and models.

This comment was edited on Dec 22, 2013, 17:46.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Elijah Wood Joins Broken Age
6. Re: Elijah Wood Joins Broken Age Dec 9, 2013, 07:39 Muscular Beaver

Flatline wrote on Dec 8, 2013, 18:41:
No wonder this game blew through it's fucking funding only a fraction done.

You seriously think actors who only play in cheap movies nowadays and are generally not very talented are expensive?

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Speedball 2 HD
4. Re: Ships Ahoy - Speedball 2 HD Dec 6, 2013, 05:12 Muscular Beaver

Only the "ice cream, ice cream" at the end of the trailer reminded me of Speedball 2.  

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Quoteworthy - NVIDIA: PC "Far Superior" to Next-Gen
57. Re: Quoteworthy - NVIDIA: PC Dec 1, 2013, 07:53 Muscular Beaver

Well, why doesnt Nvidia act like it then? They are letting AMD, and thus consoles, get in front of them technology and game-support-wise.  

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Into the Black
7. Re: What about the terrible new video quality? Nov 12, 2013, 17:59 Muscular Beaver

Only in Germany!  

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Shocker: WoW Not Going F2P
29. Re: Shocker: WoW Not Going F2P Nov 11, 2013, 11:03 Muscular Beaver

NKD wrote on Nov 10, 2013, 05:42:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Nov 10, 2013, 04:26:
I really want to know where they get those numbers.
A few months back I checked every server how populated they were and they were rather empty, except 1 or 2 exceptions like Area 52 on horde side (alliance side is completely deserted).

You logged on to every server? There are almost 250 US servers alone. Another 100 for Europe. Then you take into account Horde and Alliance side... and the time it takes to run a proper /who census with a mod. Sorry, I'm calling bullshit. And even then you only get concurrent users, not how many active subscriptions there are.

And that's not even considering China, which I have no fucking clue how they calculate a user there.
Think what you want. I did it and it really didnt take that long.
Try it yourself, its not that hard.

Youre saying it yourself, you have no clue how they calculate a player in China. Me neither, and since they dont even give out simple info like that, their numbers are useless, and from my experience bullshit.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > World of Warcraft Warlords of Draenor Announced
38. Re: World of Warcraft Warlords of Draenor Announced Nov 10, 2013, 04:30 Muscular Beaver

Scheherazade wrote on Nov 9, 2013, 00:04:
I just want PvP / Arenas with pre-determined gear sets.

So you can join, and just PvP to your heart's content, and everyone is on an even footing.

Like they do in the tournaments - but for everyone who wants to play like that.

I just wanna fight. I don't care about the gear grind and B.S. you gotta do to stay competitive.
I just want a WoW PvP sandbox.

Don't get me wrong, I loved the old SS vs TM world PvP.
It was some of the most fun I've had in any multiplayer game.
But back then, even the best gear in the game was only a little better than quest blues.
The stat inflation has ruined the game, IMO.

I simply don't want to dedicate my life to the game just to stay competitive with those that do.
And with the stat inflation, if you take a break and don't keep up, you're done.

-scheherazade

They would never do that, because then their horrible balancing would be even more obvious.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Shocker: WoW Not Going F2P
24. Re: Shocker: WoW Not Going F2P Nov 10, 2013, 04:26 Muscular Beaver

I really want to know where they get those numbers.
A few months back I checked every server how populated they were and they were rather empty, except 1 or 2 exceptions like Area 52 on horde side (alliance side is completely deserted).

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Arma 3 Next Month
28. Re: Arma 3 Next Month Aug 9, 2013, 04:47 Muscular Beaver

Dmitri_M wrote on Aug 9, 2013, 03:46:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Aug 9, 2013, 01:22:
Not to mention that its a fucking twitch shooter now, built for the console shooter masses...
Oh come on. They tweaked some animation parameters. The shitty clunky animation system essentially remains the same. It's still shit, PC gamers everywhere should rejoice at it will never be mainstream.

No, you can throw your weapon around like it weights nothing now, no matter if its a pistol or a heavy machine gun. Even without weapon, you can turn faster than any human being really can. You have very good accuracy while moving fast and yeah well... the animations are 10 times worse than the old ones. And after I saw their video how they did them, without any real actors, I am not surprised they turned out this retarded.

Yes, the old negative mouse acceleration wasnt a good solution either, but at least you could adapt to it quickly and it was closer to reality than this CoD-shit now.

Anyway, I noticed very soon, that they dont care for their old fanbase anymore, most likely due to their DayZ success, and got my supporter edition refunded.

This comment was edited on Aug 9, 2013, 04:54.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Arma 3 Next Month
26. Re: Arma 3 Next Month Aug 9, 2013, 01:22 Muscular Beaver

Gotta be kidding me. The game is still feeling like an alpha, and they want to release it in a few weeks?
Not to mention that its a fucking twitch shooter now, built for the console shooter masses...

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > World of Warcraft Free Transfers
6. Re: World of Warcraft Free Transfers Jul 13, 2013, 05:25 Muscular Beaver

Yeah, Area 52 was massively overpopulated with Horde. You wouldnt be able to move in Orgrimmar, if collision wasnt turned off in that game. Alliance was a rare sight and all PvP zones were instant win for Horde.
If I was still playing, I would prolly transfer off of it, because the people there really act like they live in a tin can with each other. Unbelievably rude and immature people.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Total War: ROME II Campaign Map Planner
4. Re: Total War: ROME II Campaign Map Planner Jul 13, 2013, 05:18 Muscular Beaver

Nope.
Steam exclusive.
'nuff said.

- Mojo Jojo

1776 Comments. 89 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo