Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Beaver

Real Name Beaver   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Muscular Beaver
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 28, 2002, 23:21
Total Comments 1802 (Pro)
User ID 12928

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Alien Isolation 2 Hint?
9. Re: Alien Isolation 2 Hint? Mar 11, 2015, 08:28 Muscular Beaver

DangerDog wrote on Mar 10, 2015, 14:44:
eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 10, 2015, 11:57:
Let's hope they make the Alien even smarter

player controlled alien vs two or four other players.
That would be awesome!

Oh that is so lame... You will PAY for your use of inappropriate dialogue!
- Mojo Jojo
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 9, 2015, 09:18 Muscular Beaver

I think we all should have the same time! And where I live it should be like it was!  

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > New Guild Wars 2 Cameras to Include First-Person
20. Re: New Guild Wars 2 Cameras to Include First-Person Feb 26, 2015, 16:57 Muscular Beaver

Fion wrote on Feb 26, 2015, 12:18:
Wow this is as much asnd more camera changes that the community has been requesting for some time. Glad to see it finally coming.

And Wtf_man, your talking about the level 80 zones collectively called Orr. You may be interested to note that the whole 'monster density problem' was toned down a little some time ago and there are half a dozen zones for level 80 in the game these days. Though if you do your personal story it'll always take you there, it's entirely optional.

When did they change that? Last time I played (I think right when the marionette event got released) it was still like 2 months after release.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Steam Top 10
45. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 24, 2015, 08:15 Muscular Beaver

Verno wrote on Feb 23, 2015, 09:16:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Feb 23, 2015, 09:05:
I dont get how CS:GO stays up there that long. Im getting the feeling its because of banned hackers that are buying a new one twice a week...

It's just very popular. Low barrier of entry, lots of community additions to the game and its an FPS. Not much else to it.

So were many other FPS games. They didnt stay on top for 3 years, not even close.
The only similar inflation Ive seen in an FPS was on Americas Army. And we all know it was a cheaterfest, you couldnt find a single server without a cheater.

- Mojo Jojo

37. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 23, 2015, 09:05 Muscular Beaver

I dont get how CS:GO stays up there that long. Im getting the feeling its because of banned hackers that are buying a new one twice a week...  

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Alien: Isolation Lost Contact Found
3. Re: Alien: Isolation Lost Contact Found Feb 10, 2015, 11:18 Muscular Beaver

I just wish they would have added all these DLCs into the main story from the start, which would have made the game even more awesome than it already is. I cant stand these standalone crap missions. I just cant find a reason to play them. Just for the challenge? Hardly.  

- Mojo Jojo

25. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 25, 2015, 21:21 Muscular Beaver

CJ_Parker wrote on Jan 25, 2015, 12:40:
JohnBirshire wrote on Jan 25, 2015, 12:09:
How frickin hard is it to make this type of game that doesn't suck?! Every other genre has games that don't suck, but this genre can't manage a single one.

The problem, in my worthless opinion, is that the genre itself sucks super-ass. Zombie games... seriously, how retarded is that? It's neither funny nor scary nor... anything. It's just outright dumb and retarded.
The only place for zombies should be in CRPGs around crypts and graveyards.

'cept for that: Fuck zombies! [or what's left of them ]

Scary is relative.
I find zombie games very scary because thanks to my parents I was allowed to watch zombie movies from the 70s with them when I was like 4. Now Zombies freak me out completely. Even in DayZ I jump out of my chair when one aggroes that I didnt see. Having zombies and a player on my ass at the same time makes it almost impossible for me to concentrate on the player.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > DayZ Early Access Sells 3M
19. Re: DayZ Early Access Sells 3M Jan 25, 2015, 01:14 Muscular Beaver

On the other hand I tried the DayZ ArmA 2 mod again and am impressed. Lots of bugs fixed, lots of new content and features added.
The general consent seems to be that DayZ mod is far better than SA. Yet I dont see that many servers anymore (unless you count Epoch, which I dislike).

Oh and H1Z1 looks far too childish to me. You constantly feel like youre in a cage, even though its a sandbox game. Guess its the horrible view distance.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
10. Re: Evening Safety Dance Dec 20, 2014, 11:10 Muscular Beaver

Redmask wrote on Dec 19, 2014, 22:44:
It just makes you look like some hillbilly holding up a misspelled protest sign.

So does you defending the gubment. There. I said it again and Im pretty sure you will find other things to stroke your ego to.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Alien: Isolation Now Easier (and Harder)
40. Re: Alien: Isolation Now Easier (and Harder) Dec 11, 2014, 02:53 Muscular Beaver

Overon wrote on Dec 10, 2014, 18:21:
I saw videos of dumb A.I. This harder difficulty won't make the A.I. smarter. A.I. is the one glaring area where games have not gotten better in.
Physics and effects either. Still childishly overdone.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Into the Black
6. Re: Into the Black Dec 6, 2014, 08:25 Muscular Beaver

Creston wrote on Dec 6, 2014, 00:56:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Dec 5, 2014, 22:57:
At least they leave their paws off the real Star Trek universe then.

The real Star Trek universe has basically been dead and buried for over a dozen years. It's somehow much better if nobody ever tries to do anything in that anymore?

At least not someone like Abrams who admitted himself that he never was into it nor understood it.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Dec 5, 2014, 22:57 Muscular Beaver

Hallelujah. JJA is gone! I didnt know that! Can only get better now, not that there is much to salvage in this mess of a universe. At least they leave their paws off the real Star Trek universe then.  

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > WoW 10th Anniversary Celebrations
26. Re: WoW 10th Anniversary Celebrations Nov 22, 2014, 09:07 Muscular Beaver

TM/SS battles were just amazing. Even if there were only a few people.
A battleground wont do it justice.
As for raids... I did a few raids in vanilla incl. MC to exhaustion, but never really liked it. So... meh.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Alienware's "PC Gaming Console"
30. Re: Alienware's Nov 22, 2014, 08:21 Muscular Beaver

Nice. I instead bought 3 wooden boards from a hardware store for $5, put them together with a few nails. spray painted it in black and put my wireless keyboard and mouse on them. Voila. PC "console", useable very comfortably from the couch.  

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Warlords of Draenor DDoSed
18. Re: Warlords of Draenor DDoSed Nov 14, 2014, 19:07 Muscular Beaver

So what about the expansion? Did they make a step towards old times or just continued to go the Cata way, AKA dumbed down?  

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Arma 3 Helicopters DLC Released
8. Re: Arma 3 Helicopters DLC Released Nov 6, 2014, 05:04 Muscular Beaver

Looks like they are having a hard time surpassing or even reaching ArmA 2 content. And gameplay. And fanbase quality. And stability. And realism. And authenticity.
Seriously, I looked up to BIS before ArmA 3 and the crap they are doing with Day Z SA. Now they feel like a more audacious version of Ubisoft, EA or Activision/Blizzard.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Total War: ROME II – Emperor Edition & Free Update Released
8. Re: Total War: ROME II – Emperor Edition & Free Update Released Sep 17, 2014, 05:49 Muscular Beaver

If you have Medieval 2, try out Europa Barbarorum 2. Best mod for TW out there IMO. Of course for people who like the Hollywood version of Rome better this is not recommended, because its developed by historians and thus focuses on authenticity.  

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Warlords of Draenor in November
14. Re: Warlords of Draenor in November Aug 15, 2014, 08:55 Muscular Beaver

People really play this game for the lore or story?
lol...

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Blizzard Financials; WoW Down to 6.8M Subs
42. Re: Blizzard Financials; WoW Down to 6.8M Subs Aug 7, 2014, 01:59 Muscular Beaver

Ryan Lange wrote on Aug 6, 2014, 17:06:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Aug 6, 2014, 01:46:
You dont hear any news about it, no hype about the new expansion, no nothing. That never was the case before. The only conclusion for me is those numbers are still massively sugarcoated.

Ehh... I think it's more likely that Blizzard accepts that WoW's popularity is diminishing. They'll maintain it, release new expansions, etc., but they're probably not going to try to ram it down everyone's optical nerves anymore. Hell, if you don't even know WoW exists at this point, you probably don't enjoy any type of video game.

They'll let WoW settle at a lower population without too much (or any) resistance and perhaps push their upcoming MMO in order to increase their cash flow.
And you say THAT with a straight face?
6.8 million players is huge. Remember the coverage and hype when WoW had those numbers for the first time and for a long time? It was everywhere. Now you even see more news and hype about MMOs that only have 200k players. So either those 6.8 millions dont live on planet earth or those numbers simply are not true.

- Mojo Jojo

News Comments > Blizzard Financials; WoW Down to 6.8M Subs
22. Re: Blizzard Financials; WoW Down to 6.8M Subs Aug 6, 2014, 03:49 Muscular Beaver

PropheT wrote on Aug 6, 2014, 02:49:
Endo wrote on Aug 6, 2014, 01:50:
It'll go up, but not all that much. WoW is on its long slow way out.

The real problem keeping old-school players (like myself) from ever coming back is that they've just changed it too much. All the old WoW we'd want to experience again is long since gone. They'd probably get more re-subscribers if they just re-released vanilla or TBC WoW than with a new expansion.

It's not the game that most old players are missing, it's the people and guilds and everything that made the game what they thought it was back then. The game itself is better now than it was during vanilla or BC... people pining for the old days need to realize that their nostalgia for that period wasn't the game itself but the experiences they had during it, and those aren't just going to re-materialize if that game came back.

Speak for yourself. I and all of the people I know who stopped playing dont like the new mechanics since Cata, how classes got changed, lost many abilities that were there for a long time and dont want something like that happen again. Quests have become boring, because they are all in one place, etc.
When looking at the game after Cataclysm, it felt like a completely new development team got assigned to it (and that basically was indeed the case). That wasnt WoW anymore, it felt like a clone all of the sudden.

The game has been dumbed down a lot, so I dont know how you can say its better now than ever before.

Did you ever take a look at the private servers that try to recreate WoW only up to WotLK and how many players they have?

- Mojo Jojo

1802 Comments. 91 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo