Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Nuhauser

Real Name Nuhauser   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Nuhauser
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 21, 2002, 15:04
Total Comments 247 (Novice)
User ID 12864

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ] Older >

News Comments > WRC 5 Demo
3. Re: WRC 5 Demo Jan 22, 2016, 22:01 Nuhauser

ochentay4 wrote on Jan 22, 2016, 21:43:
xXStellarDadXx wrote on Jan 22, 2016, 20:17:
Lolz....game looks good though...
I've tried the demo on PS4 days ago. It sucks so much that I can't understand how they managed to release 5 games on a lot of platforms. It's terrible.

Every time I hear about this series of games I get excited, hoping they realized how much of a turkey the last one was and are determined to go back and do it right. And every time I'm disappointed. Why the hell does FIA not realize these guys are idiots harming their brand?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Dying Light The Following Story Trailer
7. Re: Dying Light The Following Story Trailer Dec 16, 2015, 21:26 Nuhauser

Still waiting to find out how long this expansion will be. I just hope the ending isn't another cheap ass QTE that lets the bad guy get away. Really couldn't believe that last time...  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
9. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 15, 2015, 20:32 Nuhauser

NetHead wrote on Dec 15, 2015, 13:48:

PS4 sales shoot even further ahead. lol.

Exactly this. Still bad news for Sony though.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
9. Re: Morning Interviews Dec 15, 2015, 20:23 Nuhauser

Bioshock 1 & 2 were quite awesome. That last game, not so much. The story was just far too ludicrous for my tastes.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Resurgence: Independence Day Dec 14, 2015, 21:05 Nuhauser

Rigs wrote on Dec 14, 2015, 18:46:

As for ID4: Resurgence, it looks like a typical Transformers-esk,

=-Rigs-=

Wife and I just watched Transformers 1 and I have to disagree. The dialogue just brings a new level of cringe to the definition of awful. Someone should do an edit where there's no people talking and the entire film is just Autobots vs. Decepticons. That being said, I haven't watched Independence Day since the 90's so chances are it's just as bad.

15. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 13, 2015, 21:14 Nuhauser

RedEye9 wrote on Dec 13, 2015, 17:37:
Mr. Tact wrote on Dec 13, 2015, 17:28:
A real keyboard -- no windows key.
Sweet kb but I prefer the quiet browns in a
http://www.duckychannel.com.tw/en/ZERO_DK2108S.html

I have a Filco Majestouch 2 TKL with blues that I quite like, but the buckling spring sweetness of my Model M is much more satisfying. Seriously though, those things are too loud. I can't use it at work and my neighbours at home all hate me.

News Comments > Free Giants: Citizen Kabuto
9. Re: Free Giants: Citizen Kabuto Dec 12, 2015, 01:22 Nuhauser

Tiiiiiiiiiiimmmmmmeh!

News Comments > EA's Competitive Gaming Division
3. Re: EA's Competitive Gaming Division Dec 10, 2015, 20:42 Nuhauser

While more opportunities for players to compete is a good thing, having a company like EA in charge of it is not. There are already respected competitive leagues for their games that they should get behind and promote. This just looks like EA bringing more of their "most hated company" brand out to shine and grab cash.  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Dec 10, 2015, 20:24 Nuhauser

BenQ just bought out Zowie? They're not exactly a quality brand.  

News Comments > Morning Interviews
16. Re: Morning Interviews Dec 9, 2015, 22:15 Nuhauser

Creston wrote on Dec 9, 2015, 13:00:
I have 21 settlements, and about six or seven settlers scavenging in each, and the amount of stuff I have to build with is just hilarious. I could have built all the stuff required for the teleport portal about 500 times over.

I don't have a clue how to even get this started. I built the few required items for Sanctuary, scattered them around the place, and now my time is spent going on quests, repairing my (the hell? Is the metal it's built from tinfoil?!)armor and wondering where all the ammo is supposed to be. Not to mention wishing my character could open a box or two, or that the weapons actually did something.

I'm sure I'll be spending Christmas break pouring over cheat codes just trying to get the perks necessary to unlock boxes and mod my piss poor weapons and armor.

News Comments > DiRT Rally Released
8. Re: DiRT Rally Released Dec 8, 2015, 02:24 Nuhauser

Aero wrote on Dec 7, 2015, 23:54:

Um... I guess I went off on a bit of a tangent, but I find this all pretty shocking.

I fully agree. The price for an even half decent racing wheel is way too much right now. My ages old Momo Force is great except for the lack of a clutch pedal and I paid less than a hundred dollars for it. No excuse whatsoever for the new ones to be so expensive.

News Comments > Dying Light Enhanced Edition
4. Re: Dying Light Enhanced Edition Dec 6, 2015, 20:12 Nuhauser

This game is a lot of fun, however, he QTS that keep popping up are absolutely maddening. We never get to actually finish the story! Probably the most disappointing ending of any game I've played through in the past 5 years.  

News Comments > Hitman Beta in February
1. Re: Hitman Beta in February Dec 6, 2015, 18:47 Nuhauser

Wasn't there a leaked beta of this several months ago?  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
22. Re: Evening Tech Bits Dec 3, 2015, 02:05 Nuhauser

Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Dec 3, 2015, 00:36:
Nuhauser wrote on Dec 2, 2015, 23:11:
Frijoles wrote on Dec 2, 2015, 22:22:
Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Dec 2, 2015, 21:51:
Yeah, a Desktop Manager, it's like the Task Switcher (alt-tab), only more useful, and Linux and Mac have had it for years.

Been using this since I switched to 10 and I'm not sure I can go back to an OS without it. I use it at work all the time to hide my games.

Using it for what?

Here's an example of how I use Mission Control (i.e. the Mac desktop manager) on my work computer:

Sounds to me like you've found a system that works well for you but I *must* be missing out on some part of the process. Personally, I keep several different windows running on my machine at any one time as well, although I just go down to the task bar to maximize them when I need to. I suppose the preview window I get when I press win+tab is kind of nice (I'm on Win 10), but I wouldn't declare it absolutely necessary. Note, I'm a teacher, so I'm not coding. My programs consist of about 5 different Word documents along with Cubase, Firefox, and a monitoring program (so I can watch what my little darlings are up to on their machines from my desk). What do the separate desktops allow you to do that I'm missing out on?

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
16. Re: Evening Tech Bits Dec 2, 2015, 23:11 Nuhauser

Frijoles wrote on Dec 2, 2015, 22:22:
Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Dec 2, 2015, 21:51:
Yeah, a Desktop Manager, it's like the Task Switcher (alt-tab), only more useful, and Linux and Mac have had it for years.

Been using this since I switched to 10 and I'm not sure I can go back to an OS without it. I use it at work all the time to hide my games.

Using it for what?

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
3. Re: Evening Mobilization Dec 1, 2015, 21:16 Nuhauser

Reactor wrote on Dec 1, 2015, 20:34:
That Apple Watch article is stupid.

How so? Sounds like its basic use (being a watch) is less than what you'd get with a cheap casio

News Comments > Windows and OS X PS4 Remote Play Plans
18. Re: Windows and OS X PS4 Remote Play Plans Nov 29, 2015, 07:54 Nuhauser

Asmodai wrote on Nov 27, 2015, 21:56:

Soooo what's to stop someone from writing a software version of the XIM to allow you to play with your native KB/mouse etc?

Even if it's not officially supported, it won't be long before someone comes out with that. Which will be good, because there are some exclusive games on the PS4 that I would like to play (Last of Us comes to mind, still haven't finished that on the 3 due to controller noob ness)

There is a version of this that came out on Wednesday. You can check Reddit if you're interested. I don't have a PS4 (yet) so I have no personal info on it.

Xim4 does allow you to use keyboard and mouse on PS4/Xbone if you're interested. I don't spend enough time on my consoles to have gotten one yet, but I probably will once the next "Uncharted" comes out.

News Comments > Thanksgiving Safety Dance
5. Re: Sneaky Microsoft Nov 26, 2015, 20:50 Nuhauser

RedEye9 wrote on Nov 26, 2015, 19:04:
Yes, the new application you need is an old one, Windows 7.

I just wanted to get DX12, and that has been delayed without any word as to when we can expect it.

Thanks to everyone for the pointers.

News Comments > Thanksgiving Safety Dance
1. Re: Sneaky Microsoft Nov 26, 2015, 18:59 Nuhauser

This is getting annoying. I originally disabled all the tracking software I could when I installed Win 10. I even used a 3rd party application that was recommended by a user on this site. Do I need to find another application to disable this new "Connected User Experience" shite?  

22. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 25, 2015, 21:56 Nuhauser

Did anyone get high enough to read what the girl is saying in that XKCD game?  

247 Comments. 13 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo