Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Martin Harrison

Real Name Martin Harrison   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Yowie
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 17, 2002, 22:59
Total Comments 47 (Suspect)
User ID 12837

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

News Comments > Massive Assault Demo Patch
2. Re: It works ... Dec 19, 2003, 16:41 Yowie

Gotta disagree.

It's very much a traditonal turn-based strategy game similar to the old Battle Isle games or Advance Wars on the GBA.

I like it, might even buy it

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > BREED Demo Redux
11. No Dec 4, 2003, 14:12 Yowie

To paraphrase Dubya...

Fuck that I'm not gonna get fooled twice.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: oldest American dies 114 Oct 6, 2003, 12:16 Yowie

LMAO

News Comments > Mace Griffin Bounty Hunter Demo
17. Re: Bleh Oct 2, 2003, 12:04 Yowie

BZA,

MG doesn't use the Lithtech engine. The engine used was developed for the game.

News Comments > Mace Griffin Bounty Hunter Demo
12. Bleh Oct 2, 2003, 07:31 Yowie

Anyone else getting terrible mouse-lag?

News Comments > Chrome MP Demo Soon
29. Re: No subject Sep 29, 2003, 07:04 Yowie

Dr Evil,

The actor that did the voice for the main character was the same guy that did the voice for Duke Nukem

News Comments > Chrome MP Demo Soon
16. Re: No subject Sep 28, 2003, 18:42 Yowie

VoodooV,

If you haven't already try Operation Flashpoint. I just got the GotY edition and it's fucking awesome. It blows away every other FPS/vehicle combat game I've played.

News Comments > New BF1942 Battlefield 1982
3. Re: No subject Sep 2, 2003, 07:48 Yowie

Just tried it for the first time. It's a pretty comprehensive mod with original weapons, maps and vehicles. All nicely done.

A bit buggy in places but great fun.

(Took me a while to work out what that 'hand' icon weapon did, but when I found out - LOL!)

News Comments > Ships Ahoy: TRON 2.0
44. Re: whats the big deal about? Aug 27, 2003, 08:04 Yowie

Yeah good one Vince. You're right, the Matrix could be seen, in a way, as a direct decendent of Tron.

TBH I just don't understand Gog's argument. Are all sci-fi films superceded or 'gone beyond' by more recent ones. Should we regard classic films like the Forbidden Planet or The Day the Earth Stood Still any less because there are newer films to watch?

If we're talking about older sci-fi -> games what about Aliens, Terminator, Star Trek and Star Wars? All franchises around about as old (or older) than Tron, yet still going strong.

Nah don't understand where he's coming from. He obviously didn't rate Tron as a movie, probably because he isn't old enough to remember the impact it had when it was released. That's entirely up to him, but his argument doesn't work, unless films are remade each one is separate and distinct.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy: TRON 2.0
42. Re: whats the big deal about? Aug 27, 2003, 05:56 Yowie

Gog,

"I'm not saying that Tron was garbage or anything to that effect, its just that newer movies have expanded on the idea and gone beyond it."

Name one movie that's 'expanded' on the ideas presented in Tron? It's still a unique movie.

And to take the film out of it's historical context and compare it technically to more recent movies it entirely unfair. All films, even sci-fi movies, are about far more than special effects.

I can't be the only one that thinks recent sci-fi extravaganzas like T3, Matrix Reloaded and the Hulk have been pretty banal and lifeless, despite having the most up-to-date cutting edge special effects.

News Comments > Morning Screenshots
7. Re: Ugly Aug 19, 2003, 13:48 Yowie

T3: WotM looks very similar to BF1942. It even seems to have a Conquest type based game mode.

Did they licence the engine for it?

News Comments > Republic Complete
15. Re: Republic Jul 20, 2003, 09:21 Yowie

Jesus loves EVERYONE.

News Comments > Contract J.A.C.K. Announced
11. Re: No subject Jul 9, 2003, 18:57 Yowie

i find slamming my penis in the door to be more fun than NOLF1 and 2.

You might be right. The thought of you slamming your penis in a door is appealing and may even be more fun than NOLF1 or 2.

But I'm not entirely convinced. Care to demonstrate?

News Comments > Joint Operations Announced
5. Re: No subject Jul 7, 2003, 14:18 Yowie

#4 LOL that's what I was thinking.

That and... why doesn't that dingy sink if the guy's feet are sticking through the bottom of it.

News Comments > America's Army Update
25. Re: LOL Jul 6, 2003, 12:39 Yowie

Heh it's free to me, I live in the UK

Great game. Can't wait for the medic class, although I dread all those newbies spaming "Need a MEDIC!!!" messages

#24 Clinton inherited the Somalia intervention from Bush (Snr), it was planned before he came to office. It would probably have ended up the same way if Bush had been re-elected.

Now the Kosovo war is another thing altogether, Clinton should have been impeached for that one not some stupid sex-scandal. Serbs fight Islamic terrorism on their own soil and get bombed for it? Madness.

News Comments > NOLF 2 Prequel
10. Re: Maybe I'm missing something Jun 28, 2003, 16:18 Yowie

Hehe yeah but then maybe it's a prequel to them both?
This comment was edited on Jun 28, 16:20.

News Comments > Elite Force II Previews
18. Got my copy yesterday Jun 20, 2003, 05:16 Yowie

Hump,

The game is due for release in the UK today - 20th. I pre-ordered my copy and got it yesterday.

Haven't completed it yet but I've played through quite a bit of the single-player already. I'm enjoying it, it's a solid FPS, not exactly groundbreaking stuff but fun all the same.

There aren't many MP severs up yet so I haven't tried it yet although there appears to be a wealth of game options - including 'Specialities', the CTF Team Fortress like game variant. Plenty of DM maps but unfortunately only 3 CTF ones.

News Comments > Chrome Q&A
15. Re: Voice acting? Jun 16, 2003, 19:10 Yowie

It was just an early rendition done by the developers.

They've just announced they're going to be using AudioGodz for the voice acting, the same people behind the voice acting in games like Warcraft 3 and Unreal 2.

Mind you it doesn't matter how good the actors are if the script and story suck...

News Comments > Ghost Master Demo
26. Re: gay game Jun 16, 2003, 11:31 Yowie

Bluesdude,

There are various powers that cause your ghost to manifest itself to mortals - strange vision, chase etc.

Terror Incarnate is quite nice, varies from ghost to ghost but with one, a murdered cop, her eyes pop out of her head and she spews out torrents of maggots. Another literally rips himself in two, with blood fountaining out.

Another of the powers lets a ghost disguise themself as a mortal and spin their head - Exorcist style. Pretty sweet.

But yeah in most ways it's more Ghostbusters than true horror.

This comment was edited on Jun 16, 12:56.

News Comments > Ghost Master Demo
21. Re: So, uhh... Jun 16, 2003, 08:30 Yowie

Got the full game when it was released a few weeks back here in the UK. It's a lot of fun, quite original but a bit short.

Although many of the later levels require you to just scare everyone away there are also a number of puzzle type levels where you are required to achieve specific objectives and scaring everyone isn't a good idea

There are specific powers which increase or make use of madness, only some of the ghosts have them, I don't think any of the ghosts in the demo have these powers.

Fainting is caused by a specific power (scared to death) but some really nasty high level powers (like terror incarnate) will cause fainting in some mortals, seems to be pretty random though.

As for gore there are powers that make walls bleed (seeping blood), blood pour from water fittings like showers and sinks (gore) and one particularly nasty one that fills entire rooms with blood (gushing blood). Good enough for ya?
This comment was edited on Jun 16, 08:35.

47 Comments. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo