Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Armengar

Real Name Armengar   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Armengar
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description ?!
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 12, 2002, 13:37
Total Comments 1064 (Pro)
User ID 12814

User comment history
< Newer [ 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: trek Oct 17, 2008, 05:50 Armengar

It is a prequel to the 60s show.

Its not the cough that carries you off but the coffin they carry you off in.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Operation Flashpoint 2 Interview
4. Re: When it's ready Oct 16, 2008, 08:24 Armengar

AI was ropey in op1. How many missions sat waiting in a bush for a BMP to bugger off...

News Comments > Op Ed
9. Re: No subject Oct 16, 2008, 07:11 Armengar

The problem with the "ignorant" crowd is going to be when they have hardware failures or softwarae failures. Dell's frontline approach to software is a reblast of the image. Do that a couple of times and hey presto! your copy is zapped because you didnt uninstall it properly (on an unstable system). You then need to argue with someone on a phone to get your activations reset.

Maybe in a years time the mob will have these problems. It is only the tech savvy who can see where it is going. Personally i'll not buy draconian DRM titles. There are plenty of other games out there that can use my money instead.

News Comments > On Half-Life 2: Episode Three Scheduling
29. Re: No subject Oct 15, 2008, 11:35 Armengar

I have orange box, never installed portal or ep2 (or ep1). In fact I never finished HL2 either. Sorry.

News Comments > Far Cry 2 DRM Follow-up
26. Re: Upgrade vs. new computer Oct 15, 2008, 11:29 Armengar

A no-sale for me too. I dont want to have to "uninstall" properly. Which after a hard drive crash is a no no. Or a windows crash because im a tinkerer and destroy my registry etc etc. Plus that would mean uninstalling all the games based on this DRM model. I dont mind "phoning home" to legitimise the product but not if it is at the expense of limited installs.

No thanks, i'll spend my money elsewhere.

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: No subject Oct 8, 2008, 10:26 Armengar

They dont play warcraft 3 in my school. Dansguardian & squid sees to that a far cheaper option than when we used to subscribe to fortinet (who say that is was impossible for them to filter non port 80 proxies. hmmmm. I wonder why I should pay you any more money....)

This comment was edited on Oct 8, 2008, 10:28.

News Comments > Tim Cain on Fallout 3
1. Fallout 3 did have settlements and towns Oct 8, 2008, 10:23 Armengar

I mean, vaults had thousands of people in them, so did the cities and towns so its not THAT empty. An MMO will be great if-done-properly and NOT RUSHED. Fallout might not have as great a fan base as blizzard games but it DOES have a fanbase who would love to play a good MMO.

Hell, even i'd play the MMO if it was good.

News Comments > Direct Nerve Force Feedback System
20. Re: No subject Sep 26, 2008, 11:52 Armengar

YOU ARE WINNER OF LOTTERY. INPUT BANK DETAILS TO REALEASE CONTROL OF OTH3R LIMBS.

YOU ARE NOT PUT ENOUGH MONEY IN. PLEASE ENJOYS MINUTE OF BURNING AGONY. PLEASE INPUTS MORE BANK DETALES.

This comment was edited on Sep 26, 11:53.

11. Re: Vicodin Sep 26, 2008, 10:27 Armengar

Had bupronorphine once when I broke my leg (back in the military). I slept in floaty floaty land till it wore off. Then I felt like shite AND had a broken leg.

News Comments > Safety Dance
1. chearp systems Sep 26, 2008, 10:22 Armengar

And people wondered why they didnt turn up when they were getting a console at 20% of the price. hmm.

News Comments > Fallout 3 Q&A
8. Re: The Witcher Sep 25, 2008, 09:23 Armengar

It is also on steam if you havent bought it already.

News Comments > Chris Taylor Helming Fallout MMOG?
29. Re: No subject Sep 24, 2008, 11:06 Armengar

I wanted fallout 3 to be like fallout 2 and not like oblivion. Fallout 1 and 2 were great for a number of reasons, dialogue, depth, storylines, gameplay, ruleset etc. If fallout 3 ends up like oblivion then I wont be buying it.

As for fallout MMO. It could work, depends on how it works and looks. Tactics was slated for being rather crap but I liked the ability to move away from turn based. Micromanaging a team was difficult in real time but managing a single person shouldnt be too bad.

10. Re: No subject Sep 24, 2008, 10:54 Armengar

ahh, but its the quality of the posts. Ive been here as long as elf and my paltry 500 posts are nearly all pure gold.

honest.

4. Re: No subject Sep 24, 2008, 08:33 Armengar

Too bad you dont prune the trolls. Im stuck with IE here at work so no firefox greasmonkey scripts.

News Comments > Preorder Colonization, Get EU3 Free
2. Re: No subject Sep 18, 2008, 16:42 Armengar

EU3 is great. Just make sure you arent attached to your family or bed, cause by the time you are bored your family will have left you and you wont have slept for months.

It is totally moddable too, I modded Japan so that it mirrored western tech rates and rules the world.

News Comments > Crysis Warhead In Stores - Limited Installs & Online Authentication
48. Re: hmm Sep 18, 2008, 15:23 Armengar

"Yes, and because of that i said earlier!!!!!, that, besides the limited installs, Securom and Steam share the same DRM principle."

no they do not. As other people have tried to reason with you. I have backed up my steam games onto DVDs using an inbuilt tool. Good luck backing up your securom games. I do not have to put a dvd into my drive to play. Good luck doing that with your securom games. I can play in offline mode. Will securom games FORCE you to go online when it chooses? Who knows - jury is out on that one.

News Comments > Crysis Warhead In Stores - Limited Installs & Online Authentication
11. Re: Sep 18, 2008, 13:01 Armengar

Steam cannot be compared to this draconian DRM. At least steam can be used in offline mode. I can copy my steam backup to any PC and play from there (after signing on at least once via the web unfortunately).

But with this piece of DRM you can upgrade your PC three times and you are toast. Or maybe install in XP, upgrade to vista, buy a new gfx card for christmas then unfortunately your hdd dies and no more game.

2. Re: 9/12 Sep 12, 2008, 09:12 Armengar

"The spokesman said the postal worker could expect to be punished for the crimes of theft and embezzlement."

how can they prove embezzlement? He didnt interfere with the mail so he didnt convert it he simply relocated it (a key requirement of embezzlement), however he also didnt steal it as it was already entrusted to him and he had lawful posession when he relocated the mail (the whole point of an embezzlement charge).

The worst he should get is gross negligence and interfereing with the mail.

News Comments > Mobilization
2. Re: No subject Sep 8, 2008, 10:21 Armengar

I agree, nearly as bad as the ngage looked.

News Comments > On Sins Sales
2. Re: 500,000 copies Sep 5, 2008, 09:48 Armengar

9800XTs are 5 years old. TF2 looks the same on my 9800XT machine as it does on my 4850 machine.

1064 Comments. 54 pages. Viewing page 28.
< Newer [ 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo