Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
West Point, NE 02/20

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Armengar

Real Name Armengar   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Armengar
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description ?!
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 12, 2002, 13:37
Total Comments 1012 (Pro)
User ID 12814

User comment history
< Newer [ 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. No subject Jun 19, 2008, 05:28 Armengar

Well my dell account manager doesnt charge me any extra for XP. I simply tell them that I will take my business to HP/Fujitsu/Stone/RM who will supply me with XP.

Thus I get my 50 machines with XP pro (delivered in a week) for the same cost of vista business.

Its not the cough that carries you off but the coffin they carry you off in.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > TF2 Pyro Achievements and Unlockables Detailed
3. Re: thats better! Jun 18, 2008, 10:05 Armengar

aha!

In addition to the three unlockable Pyro weapons, we've made a significant addition to the base Pyro flamethrower. By hitting the alt-fire key, the Pyro is able to produce a blast of compressed air that knocks enemies away, and redirects enemy projectiles.

And yes, asking questions is being a moron. Of course how silly of me 'Balatro'
This comment was edited on Jun 18, 10:07.

News Comments > TF2 Pyro Achievements and Unlockables Detailed
1. thats better! Jun 18, 2008, 09:47 Armengar

These achievements dont seem HALF as stupid as the medic ones. I reckon I should start with the flare gun!

I dont get this one though:

Kill a Soldier with a reflected critical rocket.

reflected? Something I dont know about?

News Comments > Tabula Rasa Fine
14. Re: ... Jun 11, 2008, 15:59 Armengar

4-7 hours of quality play though? Or sat around waiting to find a party to help the grind...

Im not a fan of pay monthly (guild wars was ok but I got bored). I was soon back to TF2. Oh how I hate that naughty stepchild but I cannot let it go....

News Comments > Mobilization
7. Re: No subject Jun 10, 2008, 08:36 Armengar

I really cannot see the hype over the iphone. Maybe i'm missing something or can do without internet when im away from my laptop.

News Comments > Neverwinter Nights 2: Storm of Zehir Unveiled
24. Re: Wow Jun 10, 2008, 03:42 Armengar

Fallout 2 had a good approach. There was a storyline threaded through it and if you simply rushed to get the GECK and trigger part two as early as you could then you could pretty much explore the world and pick up on the main storyline when you wanted to.

Its a shame that this expansion wont let you do that. I love the NWN series. I still remember desperately wanting BG and BG2 to be better (icewind was rubbish). Planescape was unique and nothing touched it at the time.

I'll still buy this though. I love the "universe" but hate the franchise

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
3. Re: No subject Jun 10, 2008, 03:24 Armengar

But doesnt that defeat one of the purposes of modern supercomputers? I thought the biggest problem these days was heat dissipation and power consumption not raw processing power. I suppose if you have unlimited budgets then it wont matter.

News Comments > TF2 Pyro Update Plans
20. Re: No subject Jun 8, 2008, 04:14 Armengar

Achievements ruined a lot of public servers, especially those with limited class slots. The stupidity of some of the requirements means that even now many games have medics spamming chat and ignoring most "healing" duties because they already have that achievement.

As a casual gamer I have gone onto other games for the time being until all this class rubbish has died down.

News Comments > Fallout 3 Ultra-Bundle
11. Re: No subject Jun 6, 2008, 11:52 Armengar

Dr Evil

Word from Pete Hines on the Fallout Website is they actually considered trying to get the device to interface with the game, but having to support three different platforms among other issues rendered this impractical.

It seems so.

$120? mmm maybe not.

This comment was edited on Jun 6, 11:52.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Errr. Jun 5, 2008, 10:23 Armengar

The problem here in the UK is that there are very few coppers to stop you and lots of speed cameras run by companies who want to make money.

Either that or the police stoop to hiding in horse boxes with cameras

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/7322582.stm

I once got a speeding ticket through the post faster than it took the police to attend an incident I had reported. 3 days. Good to see my tax dollars at work.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Bus Driver
15. Re: No subject Jun 4, 2008, 11:17 Armengar

I found MS flight sim to be boring. Then again some people LOVED it. Much the same really, not a game for me but it is a niche simulation.

News Comments > Tech Bits
7. Re: $1,632 Copy Of Vista. May 27, 2008, 08:57 Armengar

people still use "debit cards" to buy things? I never trust debit cards. You have almost ZERO comeback. At least a credit card company can be brought to task or a chargeback initiated.

edit: plus why didnt he just tell teh fraud depatment that it WAS fraud - he only ordered one copy? Surely that would have sorted it?

I had a similar problem where I had been double billed. After getting written confirmation from the company that they were not going to do something I simply informed the credit card company to chargeback the lot (with the evidence I had) voila! I got my money back.

This comment was edited on May 27, 09:01.

27. Re: Nah, this is nothing new for the fam May 27, 2008, 08:50 Armengar

My lord of the rings is a trilogy albeit in a single bound book. Also...
The three parts were first published several months apart, in 1954 and 1955 by Allen & Unwin. The novel has since been reissued many times by multiple publishers, as one-, three-, six- or seven-volume sets. There were significant changes in the text from the first editions of the three separate parts to the next three-volume print.]

As nin stated. That is what happened. Tolkien DID want the original first edition to be published, however people changed things later on.

This comment was edited on May 27, 08:52.

News Comments > Tech Bits
9. Re: PS3 as Blu-ray player May 27, 2008, 08:22 Armengar

I know one reason why I should use my PS3 as a blue ray player. I won it in a competition so it was free. I must admit though, I was annoyed at the lack of IR as I use a kameleon remote for all my gizmos. Noise doesnt bother me as I have a glass fronted ventilated cabinet for my hifi, satellite, av switchers etc. Luckily my ancient kenwood nv701 had an optical in. I dont have a truehd decoder but I do like the comfort of my DTS or 48khz lights lighting up and showing the speaker outputs. Then again, it is hardly a show stopper.

This comment was edited on May 27, 08:26.

News Comments > Atari Abandoning Solo Play?
8. Re: PC Gaming May 23, 2008, 11:47 Armengar

so NWN et al didnt make enough money?

NWN3 to be a MMO?

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. No subject May 9, 2008, 10:40 Armengar

rolled out SP3 seamlessly across 250 machines here without issue. Obviously I tested it first against a master.

News Comments > Bond is Back - Quantum of Solace Revealed
5. Re: No subject May 9, 2008, 10:38 Armengar

xwing alliance? Does that count or is it just a franchise?

News Comments > Blizzard Online Store
12. Re: Damnit May 6, 2008, 11:55 Armengar

my phone isnt far off those requirements. Its great having scummVM on my phone too, monkey island all the way

This comment was edited on May 6, 11:56.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. No subject Apr 24, 2008, 11:39 Armengar

didnt dave gorman do that first?
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dave-Gormans-Googlewhack-Adventure-Gorman/dp/B0002CTZS4

7. Re: No subject Apr 24, 2008, 11:18 Armengar

apart from the spectrums (first in line for a rubber key) my main "computer" was a good old amiga 500. I modded the crap out of that with extra memory, soldered CPU for toggle interrupts, hard drive bay. Then I (foolishly) upgraded to an amiga 1200 with a 400Mb drive (cost me 300 for the hard drie alone, my months wages almost) but guess what! That maxtor 400mb drive STILL beats today running linux as my firewall and internet load server thats 18 years of use - surely a good buy?

Anyways, it was mainstream PC from about 1991 with a DX2/66 (with 4mb rage II card - I had a good job at the time) then a dx4/100, P120, celeron 300 oc to 450, althon 1gig, xp2000+, xp3000+ and now a black edition 6000 dc.

Only 2 intel CPUs ever. graphics cards have been a rage 2, then a orchid voodoo1, then a voodoo2, voodoo 3000, geforce 256, geforce 3 ti500, radeon 9500+, 9800XT and now a radeon 3850, so mainly a radeon person.

computers were scary money in the early days. look what 300 will buy you today.

This comment was edited on Apr 24, 11:25.

1012 Comments. 51 pages. Viewing page 28.
< Newer [ 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo