Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Armengar

Real Name Armengar   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Armengar
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description ?!
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 12, 2002, 13:37
Total Comments 1061 (Pro)
User ID 12814

User comment history
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

News Comments > FINAL FANTASY VII PC Rerelease
14. Re: FINAL FANTASY VII PC Rerelease Aug 15, 2012, 06:09 Armengar

I'll pass. PLayed it to death on the PS1 and that is where I will leave my memories. The difference between this and say minecraft will be the fact that minecraft has always looked like that. FF7 has good memories that will simply not stand up to my expectations.  
Its not the cough that carries you off but the coffin they carry you off in.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Diablo III 1.04 This Month
21. Re: Diablo III 1.04 This Month Aug 11, 2012, 02:41 Armengar

Sounds ok but not enough to bring me back yet. For all the talk of AH getting cheaper it isnt really. You still need many many millions to get kit that can make you survice act 2 & 3 inferno. My poor witch hunter is still a shadow of his former self in inferno as opposed to the pre inferno powerhouse he was.

I'll wait till 1.1 or the DLC and see how that goes. Still, it isnt like im paying any monthly fees so these updates are effectively free.

Like many others I have had fun with D3 although the major nail in the coffin was the increase death costs. This pretty much stopped me and my friends "fooling about" and having fun. This isnt WOW so why did they care how much you died?

What they could have done was take the HIGHER of individual or group MF/GF that would help. That way the tank can be a full tank for the group and still benefit in some way whereas the poor sap who has GF/MF gear kiting away will get a better benefit

News Comments > Diablo III Patch Info Incoming
31. Re: Diablo III Patch Info Incoming Aug 10, 2012, 04:36 Armengar

same as everyone else.

Not played for a few weeks now. Got to act 2 inferno as a barbarian and hit a wall. Cant afford to die and im sick of trolling act 1. I'll come back when things get fun. possibly when DLC rolls out. Until then i'm not complaining, ive had over 100 hours of fun with it, have 3 60 chars and a couple in their 30's so thats a good investment for 30 - i'd be gutted if I paid full price though.

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Digital Preorders
20. Re: Borderlands 2 Digital Preorders Jul 27, 2012, 08:30 Armengar

wow, for once the UK isnt getting shafted. Play.com are preordering at 27 inc pnp which works out at about $42

edit: NVM it is also 27 on steam too witha 4 pack working out at 20 a copy (damn!)

News Comments > GameStop Interested in Digital Resales
33. Re: GameStop Interested in Digital Resales Jul 27, 2012, 08:14 Armengar

Im not in the USA im in Europe. Been here for years too :-)

Selling digital copies is not something I am terrifically bothered about. Giving my digital copies to my friends is a different matter though.

News Comments > Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition in September
40. Re: Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition in September Jul 27, 2012, 08:01 Armengar

BG good but I doubt I could go back to second edition now. It took me a long time to forget those XP tables and I dont intend learning them again.  

News Comments > Steam Hardware Survey Results & Bug Fix
18. Re: Steam Hardware Survey Results & Bug Fix Jul 26, 2012, 04:17 Armengar

I have a black edition dual core AMD. It will unlock from 2 to 4 cores (all stable). In dual core it will OC from 3.1 to 3.7 with a minor voltage increase. In quad core I can OC to 3.2 only. Rest of my system is pretty frugal, ATI 6850 (OC a bit), 8gb RAM running at the max my mobo will - only 1600 (9-9-9) but the prize is the SSD

Civ5, SOTS2 and shogun 2 are the biggest eaters of CPU that I have (looking at perfmon in the other monitor) and I still get a better "turn by turn" performance in dual core OC with SSD than quad core without SSD (I use steammover)

Sure if I have bags-O-money(tm) then i'd love a better system but until then its cheapy mc cheap cheap for me.

My claim to fame is that I was one of the people who could luckily skew the results when I ran steam one day on a multi cpu new server (I was curious ok!)

News Comments > Quoteworthy - "Windows 8 is a Catastrophe" - Gabe Newell
113. Re: Quoteworthy - Jul 26, 2012, 04:02 Armengar

remember vista and how it flopped? Enterprise didnt buy it. See windows 8? If it remains locked down as much then enterprise wont buy it. W7 will stay (well XP probably will too).

How could an enterprise with a KMS key for instance buy a metro app and install it on 5000 PCs if it is "store only"? There will be a different way to install apps.

edit: indeed there is. Server 2012 will check to see if you have a licence to deploy metro apps. Current 2012 RC doesnt work properly though (it seems).

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
13. Re: Evening Metaverse Jul 24, 2012, 09:59 Armengar

I never use my real name on the internet. I never use my real DOB or personal email address either. I have a disposable full-of-spam hotmail accout for that.

Paranoid I might be but thats how I roll.

News Comments > Op Ed
22. Re: Op Ed Jul 6, 2012, 08:58 Armengar

echoing previous comment.

My 60 barbarian will be pretty much the same as your 60 barbarian. And there lies the problem. AH has no diversity, all the expensive kit is geared towards certain cookie cutter "builds" builds meaning gear. At least in diablo 2 it would be quite rare to meet 2 similar barbarians.

As for endgame, so what. Ive spent about 150 hours in D3 with surprisingly little grinding (act 2 inferno witha barbarian - on hold). If I quit tomorrow then ive had my 30 worth of entertainment so thats fine for me.

News Comments > Minecraft Patch Nears
5. Re: Minecraft Patch Nears Jul 6, 2012, 08:53 Armengar

it went the opposite way for me. I used to like the randomness until they complicated it with things like needing to eat etc. I would just leave my game idling for extended periods (if I died from creepers then so what). I didnt like the exploding creepers that could decimate your "fortress" etc so stopped playing. Some people like it still but it has gotten too complicated for me personally.  

News Comments > Diablo III RMAH Issues
72. Re: Diablo III RMAH Issues Jul 2, 2012, 03:49 Armengar

It is all subjective though. I am having fun playing current games. I dont *generally* buy on launch an almost never preorder. Diablo 3 broke the rule. Me and my friends played D2 to death. We have played D3 quite a lot. Maybe 150 hours so far? Thats a lot for me (who has played TF2 for about 500 hours from orange box launch and ive been an admin on the now defunct GTFO servers too).

If I quit D3 tomorrow then it owes me nothing. Have a 60 barbarian in act 2 inferno (ouch). 600 natural resists, 18k natural dps and 39k health (about 5k natural armour - thats my next upgrade). I still get pwned by unluckly rolled elites. I cannot tank everything anymore. TBH ive given up mostly with the barbarian - I use him to farm gold in act 1 now. Rolled a witch doctor and having much lols, im not gonna farm any other characters, when it gets too hard im gonna switch to a new one - after the last one I quit.

I payed 30 for D3 preorder from Tesco. I will spend precisely nothing in the RMAH. For the hours of entertainment it has been a bargain for me.

News Comments > Death Rally Remake for PCs Next Month
1. Re: Death Rally Remake for PCs Next Month Jul 1, 2012, 14:31 Armengar

Speed makes me dizzy.  

News Comments > Diablo III Patch Reduces Item Wear
27. Re: Diablo III Patch Reduces Item Wear Jun 27, 2012, 05:08 Armengar

I disagree. I had issues with my barbarian act 2 hell and I needed to use the AH for kit. My drops were poor and I needed a decent weapons with DPS. Since then ive gotten LS and LoH kit from AH along with some decent armour. rings and amulets are silly gold on the AH so ive stuck with looted ones.

Playing D3 with friends but more and more we scrape a party of 3 now rather than 2x 4

Midway through act 2 inferno now and looking like I need another big kit overhaul. Problem is the AH is full of 1m prices for the sort of stats I will need (even after a tweaked skills character).

Not gonna be playing it much longer methinks.

News Comments > Diablo III 72 Hour Restrictions to Change
17. Re: Diablo III 72 Hour Restrictions to Change Jun 22, 2012, 15:15 Armengar

Small to medium businesses certainly work this way but larger businesses do not. Credit card clearing can be done through intermediatories such as commidea. They will install a clearing box for you and your purchases are processed "in house", no need to purchase insurance or dodgy cards, they are processed quickly and securely (much the same way they would be if you used an ATM machine from an different originating bank). Precisely to avoid issues such as "24 hour clearance" even on "customer not present" transactions.

I highly doubt blizzard pay fees to a 3rd party when they could pay a lump sum and process their own.

Bluff and bluster.

News Comments > Diablo III Down for Patching
32. Re: Diablo III Down for Patching Jun 20, 2012, 04:22 Armengar

ouch. 6k per death on my 60 barbarian now. And my heal per hit + steal is now dead as IAS has been nerfed. Canned the barbarian and rolled a wizard. Like everyone else it seems. Inferno is too expensive to play. In fact melee is too expensive to play - it only takes a few "unnoticed" fallen maniacs/exploding deaths to cost you the entire loot run.

Gem crafting is still a complete waste of time as it is better to sell your gems & pages to the vendor and buy squares for 100 on the AH. Same with blacksmith, unless you are crafting top tier stuff then the AH has enough dregs to kit your character out for a fraction of the cost of a couple of blacksmith attempts.

TBH, ive had a month of D3 (worth my 30 paid) but probably gonna can it for a while and move on till they stop doing stupid patches.

News Comments > Diablo III Asia Downtime to Remove Duped Items
49. Re: Diablo III Asia Downtime to Remove Duped Items Jun 12, 2012, 09:21 Armengar

Oh well, I must be in a minority. I paid about 30 for D3 ($45 ish?) played a barbarian to inferno act1, a demon hunter to nightmare and currently running a witch doctor in normal.

Having good fun. I use the AH for the odd thing (hell made me buy more) but I always cap at 10k and buy thriftily. Not had any real issues TBH and even if I quit tomorrow then i'v had my monies worth.

Maybe some people dont like D3 or have issues, i'm one of the few who enjoy it. I wont be using the RMAH and dont care about uber kit.

News Comments > Silent Hunter Online Announced
2. Re: Silent Hunter Online Announced Apr 26, 2012, 11:32 Armengar

yeah, it'll be like the free to play sims - realtime. That should be fun. not.  

News Comments > Ubisoft: Play Assassin's Creed 3 PC With A Controller
62. Re: Skyrim Versus ThreatFire Mar 28, 2012, 15:47 Armengar

TBH I dont care - the "probably" DRM will mean I wont be buying it anyway.  

News Comments > Anno 2070 Patch
4. Re: Anno 2070 Patch Mar 26, 2012, 15:59 Armengar

agreed. Other things to buy first.  

1061 Comments. 54 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo