Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Armengar

Real Name Armengar   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Armengar
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description ?!
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 12, 2002, 13:37
Total Comments 1051 (Pro)
User ID 12814

User comment history
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

News Comments > Minecraft Patch Nears
5. Re: Minecraft Patch Nears Jul 6, 2012, 08:53 Armengar

it went the opposite way for me. I used to like the randomness until they complicated it with things like needing to eat etc. I would just leave my game idling for extended periods (if I died from creepers then so what). I didnt like the exploding creepers that could decimate your "fortress" etc so stopped playing. Some people like it still but it has gotten too complicated for me personally.  
Its not the cough that carries you off but the coffin they carry you off in.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Diablo III RMAH Issues
72. Re: Diablo III RMAH Issues Jul 2, 2012, 03:49 Armengar

It is all subjective though. I am having fun playing current games. I dont *generally* buy on launch an almost never preorder. Diablo 3 broke the rule. Me and my friends played D2 to death. We have played D3 quite a lot. Maybe 150 hours so far? Thats a lot for me (who has played TF2 for about 500 hours from orange box launch and ive been an admin on the now defunct GTFO servers too).

If I quit D3 tomorrow then it owes me nothing. Have a 60 barbarian in act 2 inferno (ouch). 600 natural resists, 18k natural dps and 39k health (about 5k natural armour - thats my next upgrade). I still get pwned by unluckly rolled elites. I cannot tank everything anymore. TBH ive given up mostly with the barbarian - I use him to farm gold in act 1 now. Rolled a witch doctor and having much lols, im not gonna farm any other characters, when it gets too hard im gonna switch to a new one - after the last one I quit.

I payed 30 for D3 preorder from Tesco. I will spend precisely nothing in the RMAH. For the hours of entertainment it has been a bargain for me.

News Comments > Death Rally Remake for PCs Next Month
1. Re: Death Rally Remake for PCs Next Month Jul 1, 2012, 14:31 Armengar

Speed makes me dizzy.  

News Comments > Diablo III Patch Reduces Item Wear
27. Re: Diablo III Patch Reduces Item Wear Jun 27, 2012, 05:08 Armengar

I disagree. I had issues with my barbarian act 2 hell and I needed to use the AH for kit. My drops were poor and I needed a decent weapons with DPS. Since then ive gotten LS and LoH kit from AH along with some decent armour. rings and amulets are silly gold on the AH so ive stuck with looted ones.

Playing D3 with friends but more and more we scrape a party of 3 now rather than 2x 4

Midway through act 2 inferno now and looking like I need another big kit overhaul. Problem is the AH is full of 1m prices for the sort of stats I will need (even after a tweaked skills character).

Not gonna be playing it much longer methinks.

News Comments > Diablo III 72 Hour Restrictions to Change
17. Re: Diablo III 72 Hour Restrictions to Change Jun 22, 2012, 15:15 Armengar

Small to medium businesses certainly work this way but larger businesses do not. Credit card clearing can be done through intermediatories such as commidea. They will install a clearing box for you and your purchases are processed "in house", no need to purchase insurance or dodgy cards, they are processed quickly and securely (much the same way they would be if you used an ATM machine from an different originating bank). Precisely to avoid issues such as "24 hour clearance" even on "customer not present" transactions.

I highly doubt blizzard pay fees to a 3rd party when they could pay a lump sum and process their own.

Bluff and bluster.

News Comments > Diablo III Down for Patching
32. Re: Diablo III Down for Patching Jun 20, 2012, 04:22 Armengar

ouch. 6k per death on my 60 barbarian now. And my heal per hit + steal is now dead as IAS has been nerfed. Canned the barbarian and rolled a wizard. Like everyone else it seems. Inferno is too expensive to play. In fact melee is too expensive to play - it only takes a few "unnoticed" fallen maniacs/exploding deaths to cost you the entire loot run.

Gem crafting is still a complete waste of time as it is better to sell your gems & pages to the vendor and buy squares for 100 on the AH. Same with blacksmith, unless you are crafting top tier stuff then the AH has enough dregs to kit your character out for a fraction of the cost of a couple of blacksmith attempts.

TBH, ive had a month of D3 (worth my 30 paid) but probably gonna can it for a while and move on till they stop doing stupid patches.

News Comments > Diablo III Asia Downtime to Remove Duped Items
49. Re: Diablo III Asia Downtime to Remove Duped Items Jun 12, 2012, 09:21 Armengar

Oh well, I must be in a minority. I paid about 30 for D3 ($45 ish?) played a barbarian to inferno act1, a demon hunter to nightmare and currently running a witch doctor in normal.

Having good fun. I use the AH for the odd thing (hell made me buy more) but I always cap at 10k and buy thriftily. Not had any real issues TBH and even if I quit tomorrow then i'v had my monies worth.

Maybe some people dont like D3 or have issues, i'm one of the few who enjoy it. I wont be using the RMAH and dont care about uber kit.

News Comments > Silent Hunter Online Announced
2. Re: Silent Hunter Online Announced Apr 26, 2012, 11:32 Armengar

yeah, it'll be like the free to play sims - realtime. That should be fun. not.  

News Comments > Ubisoft: Play Assassin's Creed 3 PC With A Controller
62. Re: Skyrim Versus ThreatFire Mar 28, 2012, 15:47 Armengar

TBH I dont care - the "probably" DRM will mean I wont be buying it anyway.  

News Comments > Anno 2070 Patch
4. Re: Anno 2070 Patch Mar 26, 2012, 15:59 Armengar

agreed. Other things to buy first.  

News Comments > Wing Commander Saga: The Darkest Dawn Dawns
26. Re: RE: Follow up Mar 23, 2012, 18:18 Armengar

aww maniac didnt make it through the asteroid field.

WTF HE CAME BACK IN PROPHECY! (heh, god I hated that guy)

News Comments > Ubisoft's DRM Stance Softening?
34. Re: Ubisoft's DRM Stance Softening? Mar 23, 2012, 16:53 Armengar

My steam directory of 136 games fit on a 1tb drive so 291 isnt too much of a stretch to fit on a 3tb external hard drive. As far as pen drives I reckon if I kill the big hitters such as shogun 2, TF2 and skrymm then 100 would fit of a 256gb pen (although 350 for a 256gb pen drive is fair lunacy!)

I havent bought anything from Ubi since they put the DRM there. Thats settlers, assassins creed and silent hunter. Remove the DRM and i'll buy all three. Plenty of other games out there to spend my money on.

News Comments > ROCCAT PowerGrid Announced
1. Re: ROCCAT PowerGrid Announced Mar 6, 2012, 11:32 Armengar

G15 on steroids? Seems a little pointless to me.  

News Comments > Sony Server Closures
11. Re: Sony Server Closures Mar 2, 2012, 03:35 Armengar

asherons call was great. Our entire department of 18 people were members of the silver citadel back in the day. None of this instanced crap, jump straight into the olthoi (sp?) horde nest where some enterprising chap had pulled all the soldiers into the portal entrance.

PORTAL TO SUBWAY only to find it went to a revenent spawn room - it paid to remember/ note down your popular coordinates before using that portal. I also remember when money took both huge amounts of backpack space and weight. Cash in an M note? You start paying out like a slot machine and since you are overburdened you cant stop anyone nicking your money.

Ahh those were the days.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Evening Mobilization Mar 2, 2012, 03:27 Armengar

free onlive. "Ground breaking" as opposed to terminal services? To me this looks like terminal services for $5 a month. Probably cheaper to remote desktop via static IP.  

News Comments > SimCity 5 Revealed?
19. Re: Sim City 5 Revealed? Mar 1, 2012, 07:57 Armengar

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Mar 1, 2012, 07:14:
I didn't like C&C Generals when the series first when 3D - in my opinion it just made everything look more cluttered and messy.

Your lies make baby Jebus cry! Generals was great :-)

News Comments > SimCity 5 Revealed?
14. Re: Sim City 5 Revealed? Mar 1, 2012, 03:26 Armengar

lets hope sim city 5 isnt to sim city 4 that civ 5 was to civ 4. I might be old fashioned but I hated civ 5. civ 4 and sim city 4 were excellent.  

News Comments > Skyrim Hi-Rez Pack & Creation Kit
31. Re: Skyrim Hi-Rez Pack & Creation Kit Feb 7, 2012, 16:25 Armengar

just buy a long HDMI lead and a long USB extension, thats what I did.  

News Comments > Steam for Mobile Released
8. Re: Steam for Mobile Released Feb 1, 2012, 08:00 Armengar

played with the beta. It would only send messages and chat to friends, group chat didnt work. Have they included group chat yet? If so i'll look at it again otherwise its a bit lightweight.

At least it doesnt log you out of your main PC when your mobile is on.

News Comments > Global Agenda Turns Two
6. Re: Global Agenda Turns Two Jan 31, 2012, 09:03 Armengar

I play and like it. The learning curve isnt too bad. There are two distinct bits, below level 30 and above level 30. The skill levels improve above 30 so dont rush to level.

The great thing is, you arent hamstrung much by being "free". You cant use the auction house (not really necessary for below 30 players) and you cant mail each other to swap kit (you sell items by attaching the item and mailing with COD).

You can pay about $10 to unlock these features and get double XP per mission (slows the grind for XP) and get more loot drops.

In short, give it a go. Perhaps think about paying the $10 if you like it (but dont race to beyond 30!). I havent mentioned boosters, dont worry about them, they add more XP and more loot. Only the truly dedicated get boosters really.

There is enough PVE and PVP to keep you going for a while. The "guild wars" agency vs agency is a bit crap but stops things going stale.

1051 Comments. 53 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo