Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Armengar

Real Name Armengar   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Armengar
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description ?!
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 12, 2002, 13:37
Total Comments 1088 (Pro)
User ID 12814

User comment history
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

News Comments > Natural Selection 2 Adding Map for Next Week's Launch
19. Re: Natural Selection 2 Adding Map for Next Week's Launch Oct 28, 2012, 13:50 Armengar

mock me all you want. Lack of "combat" mode put me off NS2. If it ever gets modded in then i'll buy it. Finding a game with a reasonable commander was very hard in NS1 - even in its heyday. Trying to play commander to get better was even harder as if you werent in the clique you were voted out pretty quickly. Luckily I was pretty well entrenched in the old 187 combat servers so I had some epic games.

Result was to play the aliens and it only took a few people to take save and take onos instead of hiving and you were doomed again. At least combat was "fun" if not in the spirit of the game.

Its not the cough that carries you off but the coffin they carry you off in.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Gone Gold - Tropico 4 Gold Edition
7. Re: Gone Gold - Tropico 4 Gold Edition Oct 18, 2012, 14:34 Armengar

It isnt a city simulator. Its a dictator simulator. In fact half the fun is making your city not work but making your personal bank balance increase.

In sim city you open up your advisor and look at problem areas and fix them. In Tropico you find people who disagree with you and assassinate them, or excommunicate or otherwise make them suffer. Then you burn their shack down for good measure.

I dont believe you could build CD bootlegging plants in sim city either. Or a space program. Or nuclear missiles.

News Comments > Gone Gold - Tropico 4 Gold Edition
4. Re: Gone Gold - Tropico 4 Gold Edition Oct 18, 2012, 07:33 Armengar

I skipped 3 due to problems with the others. Got 4+ modern times on a steam sale and was quite impressed. Far more stable than previous incarnations and has better traffic management. No more concentric non connected road loops needed now! Modern times expansion was silly though, certainly has game breaking buildings (modern condos are plain silly)  

News Comments > Borderlands 2 DLC Revealed?
10. Re: Borderlands 2 DLC Revealed? Oct 18, 2012, 07:31 Armengar

some might be called "kill your wife after you discover she was the murderer"

etc

News Comments > Diablo III Patched
13. Re: Diablo III Patched Oct 17, 2012, 11:55 Armengar

I have never played WoW so I cannot comment. Im not into paying subs for games. Asherons call was the last time I paid a subscription.

I do seem to remember I did the same in D2, although in those days we had stand alone programs to do that. I also seem to remember running "item generators" too.

This afternoon I played about 2 hours. Ran it at MP3 act 1 and got more than twice the normal amount of gold. I got a usable item and a legendary that has gone to the AH. Its an improvement.

News Comments > Sword of the Stars: The Pit Announced
14. Re: Sword of the Stars: The Pit Announced Oct 17, 2012, 07:01 Armengar

SOTS2 for me is a miss (last played about june/july this year). Do hivers still have to sit through the battles as observers if they have gates in a system with battling neutrals? That was fun (not). AI was very poor and the UI was iffy.

I still love SOTS1 and want the new ships, combat and tech tree lifting into SOTS1 interface. That would be good.

Simple tasks in SOTS1 are a nightmare in SOTS2, organising planets for colonizing, creating fleets quickly, dragging between fleets etc.

To be fair though, how much of SOTS2 was the publisher leaning on the devs? Given another year it would have been a good launch. Maybe indie funding will work for them. I'll wait till the forums are full of praise though.

News Comments > Diablo III Patched
7. Re: Diablo III Patched Oct 17, 2012, 06:15 Armengar

Well I think im still the only person having fun. You see, I like "the patrician" type games and I see D3 as being a hack n slash with a trading meta game included.

I love the D3UP.com website, If im on the AH then I have that site in my second monitor and D3 on windowed in my primary.

I might be niche but I still like D3. Finally completed it with my WD the other day, spent about 5M all in so not exactly a powerhouse build. http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/KK20-2930/hero/11514245

overall I like the new patch. keep it coming!

This comment was edited on Oct 17, 2012, 06:24.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
30. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 9, 2012, 17:49 Armengar

Warspite too. Didn't he have a job fixing poo lakes (sanitation stuff)?  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
22. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 9, 2012, 15:41 Armengar

16 years wow. I think I started reading about 2001 ish and created an account a year later  

News Comments > Legends of Pegasus Developer Bankrupt
28. Re: Legends of Pegasus Developer Bankrupt Oct 7, 2012, 05:51 Armengar

sword of the stars 1 was good. Ive no devoted enough time to sots 2 (being annoyed wiht the GUI flaws even after all the fixing patches)  

News Comments > Star Wars: the Old Republic Patched
5. Re: Star Wars: the Old Republic Patched Sep 27, 2012, 05:14 Armengar

never tried this. Mates did and quit after a month. I might try F2P (whats to lose?)  

News Comments > Project Eternity Passes $2M; Adds $2.3M Goal
30. Re: More Big Picture Details Sep 27, 2012, 05:10 Armengar

Well ive pledged. Like a few other hardcore people, I grew up on a diet of DnD box set, memorising ADnD 2nd ed experience tables. Getting enough XP in EOB to see if the Paladin really did get spells at level 9 (they fecking didnt code that in you know).

BG2 was great and although coop wasnt the best it was still ok and good fun with friends. Didnt like IWD but planescape is still one of my fav games. NWN was the last decent RPG for me My coterie was still stuck in 2nd ed mode when that came out. We swapped to 3rd ed after that. Multiplayer was fantastic, it worked and we had great fun.

Fallout deserves a special place in my heart, I remember downloading the rules and running a few pen and paper games too!

Shame this wont have coop or MP but hey ho, i'll take anthing if it plays well.

News Comments > Into the Black
11. Re: Into the Black Sep 27, 2012, 04:59 Armengar

we'll be doomed faster in space. Hard radiation will see to that.  

News Comments > XCOM: Enemy Unknown Demo
36. Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown Demo Sep 24, 2012, 16:32 Armengar

Fuck, I have no money and shouldnt have downloaded the demo

time to pull some more overtime and not get the kids new shoes

News Comments > Steam Top 10
82. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 24, 2012, 08:15 Armengar

yeah, a chariot racing simulator could actually be decent. Like a Ben Hur simulation.

Kickstarter!

News Comments > Steam Top 10
76. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 24, 2012, 04:01 Armengar

What is F1 201 like, is that AD or BC? Wouldnt mind bit of chariot racing.  

News Comments > Diablo III 1.0.5 Interview
20. Re: Diablo III 1.0.5 Interview Sep 23, 2012, 10:19 Armengar

D3 isn't poor. IMHO it is an ok game. The long awaited Duke nukem sequel was poor. sword of the stars 2 on release was poor. And so far on every d3 topic on blues there have been d3 haters jumping on d2 is better so I'm just adding a bit of variation.

I feel that d3 was supposed to have the spirit of d2 but have enough difference to stand apart. I obviously say this as my opinion and everyone has their own. Perhaps I have been luckier than others or my expectations of a good game are lower.

Not trying to start a flame war, I'm just musing.

News Comments > Diablo III 1.0.5 Interview
17. Re: Diablo III 1.0.5 Interview Sep 23, 2012, 04:48 Armengar

Some people either played d2 after lod or after many patches. (or have rose tinted glasses) d2 was far from perfect for quite some time. I am liking d3, I don't have borderlands 2 or torchlight 2. I am welcoming these changes.

D3was far more bug free than d2 on launch. I remember the save game eating bugs. I might be lucky but d2 crashed more times for me (losing loot) than d3 has dropped or crashed (I'm not sure it HAS crashed for me yet in my 200 hours).

D3 is not d2 and was never going to be d2(lod) with new graphics. Sure it needed more on launch but in a mere 5 months it is a different game. What do people want though? It isn't like you a pay a subscription.

Variety is good and post release support and patching is also good. If you don't like it play something else, and I just don't understand (short of trolling) why people jump on the same argument about d2 every time

News Comments > More Diablo III 1.0.5 Details
8. Re: More Diablo III 1.0.5 Details Sep 15, 2012, 12:07 Armengar

Ozmodan wrote on Sep 15, 2012, 10:35:
Oh and that is a critic speaking, really urks me when people misuse the word 'hater"! Sounds like you did not finish Jr High.

Hater is a valid noun my friend. http://oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/hater

Ironically enough you are quite close to the mark; I didnt finish high school, I joined the military as a school leaver with parents consent. I was a mature student when I finished my first degree (BSc Computing) at the ripe age of 38.

News Comments > Black Mesa Released
84. Re: Black Mesa Released Sep 15, 2012, 07:36 Armengar

well its free, of course i'll give it a go! re-imagined or not there are a few nice touches on the tram ride and so far im liking it.  

1088 Comments. 55 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo