Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
West Point, NE 02/20

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Armengar

Real Name Armengar   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Armengar
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description ?!
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 12, 2002, 13:37
Total Comments 1011 (Pro)
User ID 12814

User comment history
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

News Comments > Natural Selection 2 Trailer
5. Re: Natural Selection 2 Trailer Jan 22, 2011, 09:17 Armengar

Dynamic infestation is the WHOLE reason they went with their new inhouse game engine rather than source. It is also the reason their inhouse gameengine sucks for performance. Unless they can optimise so that is isnt CPU heavy then this game is dead in the water in reality. The performance is still shocking for a beta. As previously said, beta should be minor feature additions and bug testing.  
Its not the cough that carries you off but the coffin they carry you off in.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 20, 2011, 07:35 Armengar

plenty of tron DVDs in the UK. Amazon have a 2 disc jobbie for 17.99 cd wow has a region 3 (?) for 9

quite a few copies about if you want one.

News Comments > 2010 Game Sales Down
26. Re: 2010 Game Sales Down Jan 14, 2011, 05:52 Armengar

Indeed. I only buy sales now. Spent a lot in the steam sales and that will keep me going for another 6 months.  

News Comments > Minecraft Sells 1 Million
10. Re: Minecraft Sells 1 Million Jan 13, 2011, 08:38 Armengar

I would have said heavier on the sarcasm than irony. I would imagine some EA/Ubi exec would be using those figures in one of their DRM meetings :-)  

News Comments > Natural Selection 2 Interview
4. Re: Natural Selection 2 Interview Jan 11, 2011, 08:20 Armengar

never mind the lag, once a hihg powered system gets more than 25fps consistently then we will be cooking. so far it pretty much all CPU bound - quite bad for an almost production engine. LUA not withstanding, I fear for the final performance of this game.  

News Comments > Total War: Shogun 2 System Specs
7. Re: Total War: Shogun 2 System Specs Jan 7, 2011, 05:28 Armengar

well, lets hope it actually USES multiple cores properly this time, unlike the clusterfuck that was ETW when that released.  

News Comments > Ubisoft DRM Relaxed?
52. Re: Ubisoft DRM Relaxed? Jan 2, 2011, 04:28 Armengar

KilrathiAce wrote on Jan 1, 2011, 02:14:
Silent Hunter 5 was on sale on steam for liek few bucks but ubi drm stopped me from even shelling out few bucks, there was another game I forgot the name that used same drm, no sale here again.

exactly. I passed on this, AC2 and settlers 7 all because of the DRM. I picked up BC2 and vietnam instead (and operation flashpoint AND arma2 - phew! thats my next few months sorted)

15. Re: Ubisoft DRM Relaxed? Dec 31, 2010, 16:38 Armengar

kxmode wrote on Dec 31, 2010, 16:34:
What if someone lacking Internet access buys AC2 or SC:C in the store? Is there something on the box that tells them they need to have Internet access to play?

yes - the box does say needs a constant internet connection.

13. Re: Ubisoft DRM Relaxed? Dec 31, 2010, 16:37 Armengar

Dr. D. Schreber wrote on Dec 31, 2010, 14:25:
Funny thing is, the DRM actually did prevent Zero Day Piracy; what was it, four months before AC2 was cracked? If they'd been sensible and planned to get rid of the DRM shortly after launch or even once it was cracked, instead of condescendingly talking about how it was a great solution and how they couldn't imagine any future releases not using it, the response from what would be their playerbase would probably be much more amicable (except here, of course.)

Maybe for AC2 but not for other games with the same DRM. Mirroring other peoples comments, I also will not purchase UBI DRM games either - especially when this draconian shite is bundled with steam FFS!

News Comments > The Demise of The Bard's Tale
9. Re: The Demise of The Bard's Tale Dec 28, 2010, 04:05 Armengar

I remember bards tale as one of the last games on the spectrum I owned (I got an amiga the same year).  

News Comments > Humble Indie Bundle #2 Sells $1M, Now on Steam
56. Re: Humble Indie Bundle #2 Sells $1M, Now on Steam Dec 21, 2010, 05:02 Armengar

well I paid 10 (about $15?) I was only interested in titans - which I was going to buy anyway. I bought it via the bundle as I knew it would go on steam eventually (although not yet I believe it will do).

If people want to pay 0.01 then so be it. Thats up to them but in life things will bite them in the arse as that attitude will be present in other decisions they make. I pity their children too.

News Comments > Minecraft Enters Beta
11. Re: Minecraft Enters Beta Dec 21, 2010, 04:39 Armengar

you people do realise that a beta is still a test release? It could happily kill all your save games and still be ok? Its a BETA not a release. Even if it performs WORSE than an alpha it is still testing. Perhaps it has a different code base for various procedures in order to stress test.

Stop whining and carry on testing it.

News Comments > Gold - Europa Universalis III Divine Wind
6. Re: Gold - Europa Universalis III Divine Wind Dec 9, 2010, 10:10 Armengar

Its great apart from a) badboy and b) colonists are too slow.

This game will suck you in big time. I'd recommend playing as Japan (damn hard because of the tech limitations but a religious utopia) and portugal (very easy IMHO)

News Comments > Evening Safety
1. Re: Evening Safety Dec 8, 2010, 04:32 Armengar

you mean the WHOLE of 4chan? All the boards? Wow thats a lot of people.

/sarcasm off (sorry, I need coffee)

News Comments > Natural Selection 2 Beta Patch
8. Re: Natural Selection 2 Beta Patch Dec 6, 2010, 06:05 Armengar

I liked NS but im not sure about NS2. I was one of the few that liked vanilla but also liked combat (with building too!). Vanilla needed hours of play to get a decent game when sometimes I only had 30 mins or so (perfect for combat).

The whole NS2 community seems dead set against combat, the threads are simply militant. Not sure i'll bother with NS2 until it is in a sale on steam.

News Comments > CD Projekt vs Piracy
56. Re: CD Projekt vs Piracy Nov 23, 2010, 08:41 Armengar

so all the idiots using torrents will be contacted by cd projekt whereas all the savvy people using newsgroups will, errr, be ignored? Cause they cant be tracked quite the same way?  

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
14. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Nov 22, 2010, 05:41 Armengar

wait till you go to america with a non us passport, you have pre check in screening, pre check in baggage screening, then check in, then more screening and more carry on checks. Oh and at JFK they were doing pre boarding checking too at one point. When I worked for Dell Ireland on data center training I regularly had to fly to india, UK, US and singapore and it was ALWAYS the US that caused the most issues.

I simply carried the essentials, bought a cheap netbook, uploaded all the stuff I needed via VPN, bought cheap clothes that I threw away as it was utter madness getting through the US. Never been on holiday to the US since - always the far east, canada, carribean or europe so the terrorists have won as I doubt I am the only family to think so.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 12, 2010, 10:49 Armengar

"The judge told us he understood if we felt our time was wasted, but that our presence and the threat of trial is what prompted all those case settlements."

hah

more likely the lawyers had had their fees so they were happy to go home.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 8, 2010, 10:21 Armengar

turn up with a "free aung san suu kyi" t shirt on and swear that you believe everyone deserves a second chance. That should excuse you pretty quickly.

Oh and people might laugh but "racing" isnt easy. Ive been a member of the classic motorcycle racing club for a few years and recently took my hand to sidecar racing. Its fucking scary (but a major rush). So hats off to the guy.

18. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 15, 2010, 06:00 Armengar

depends on your subject. 72% is borderline 1st degree in physics.  

1011 Comments. 51 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo