Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Armengar

Real Name Armengar   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Armengar
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description ?!
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 12, 2002, 13:37
Total Comments 1041 (Pro)
User ID 12814

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
11. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 18, 2015, 08:26 Armengar

Krovven wrote on Apr 17, 2015, 18:11:
Wish someone would do some benchmarks with cpu's other than the newest and most expensive. We know games will run great on the newest cpu's. How about showing some benchmarks with i5's, ya know the cpu's that the majority have right now?

i5 OCd to 3.8, AMD 6850. Runs "just fine" in 1080 "normal". cant tell you what the FPS actually is but its fine for me to play, doesn't appear to stutter and doesn't look crap.

Its not the cough that carries you off but the coffin they carry you off in.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Blizzard Killing Diablo III Trial Rifts
6. Re: Blizzard Killing Diablo III Trial Rifts Apr 17, 2015, 13:22 Armengar

problem is, you can get level 600 players that cant play and 300 players that are geared far higher than they appear. At least the trials showed you if the team was crap, the alternative is join a grift where you are either the only one pulling your weight or half the team drop out when they hit the first gr40 bad affix and realise they are in over their heads.

I don't always want to run at my highest GR, if im levelling a new stone then I join a low torment grift and don't play the trial heavily (so the team isn't over their heads) so I can race through the GR20 faster

News Comments > WoW Token Pricing Shift
10. Re: WoW Token Pricing Shift Apr 9, 2015, 10:31 Armengar

it will probably end up hovering about the Chinese gold market $15 price...  

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
5. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Mar 29, 2015, 15:57 Armengar

TheEmissary wrote on Mar 29, 2015, 13:06:
I wouldn't exactly call using VPN/Proxies to access a subscription service your paying monthly for piracy. It isn't exactly legal to circumvent the geoblocking but its a bit disingenuous to call it piracy.

Indeed, they are getting the money so what is the problem?

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
7. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 28, 2015, 16:53 Armengar

Agreed. I remember earning 20 a day as a pte soldier  

News Comments > 16 Bit Arena Free on Steam
3. Re: 16 Bit Arena Free on Steam Mar 25, 2015, 07:15 Armengar

8 bit games are a bit too old for my liking. As for 16 bit, I do play amiga emulated games too such as bards tale (could easily be 8 bit graphics but the gameplay is better on 16 bit versions), dungeon master, deuteros and powermonger. Gameplay on 16 bit games can overcome the graphical limitations  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Mar 24, 2015, 05:15 Armengar

the way Germany was allegedly treat over a mere hint that snowden would pass through shows the lengths US will go to with regards to getting him back. He hasn't a snowballs chance in hell of ever leaving Russia voluntarily at the moment. Im sure he'll get Russian citizenship and become a consultant over there.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Version 1.1
37. Re: Star Citizen Version 1.1 Mar 23, 2015, 06:31 Armengar

BIGtrouble77 wrote on Mar 22, 2015, 23:20:
I don't understand why this just don't use Semantic Versioning like pretty much every one else does now-a-days: http://semver.org

TBH I saw 1.1 and thought it had been released and had its first patch.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
5. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Mar 23, 2015, 05:05 Armengar

I remember getting a voodoo 2 and running 800x600 when all my friends had orchid voodoo 1's at 640x480. We then SLId my voodoo 2 and a mates to play quake in 1024x768 on his 17" iiyama monitor - the only thing that could support the resolution (our 15"s wouldn't).  

News Comments > Diablo III Gold & Experience Bonus
7. Re: Diablo III Gold & Experience Bonus Mar 23, 2015, 05:02 Armengar

They could add a sort of "trading shop" where people can trade gold for items with each other.

Oh wait a minute...

News Comments > Steam EU Refunds Now Available [Updated]
38. Re: Steam EU Refunds Now Available Mar 18, 2015, 15:28 Armengar

Kajetan wrote on Mar 18, 2015, 09:57:
Overon wrote on Mar 18, 2015, 09:38:
Can you actually waive your rights away in EU like that? Don't we have some people with legal training that can tell us on these boards?
You actually can. Valve follows the law to the letter. You, the customer, have the right to return your purchase within 14 days. But ... the shop you bought something from, has the right to inform you BEFORE the purchase, that this right is invalidated, when you want to buy something from them.

But therer are other laws such as distance selling, fit for purpose, sale of goods act etc that cannot be signed away by an eula. I know 'cus I took 121 (the company before tmobile) to court for selling me a phone but supplying something different (back in 1999)

12. Re: Steam EU Refunds Now Available Mar 18, 2015, 09:43 Armengar

Overon wrote on Mar 18, 2015, 09:38:
Can you actually waive your rights away in EU like that? Don't we have some people with legal training that can tell us on these boards?

No, you cannot waive your rights. Whilst I'm no lawyer the very same legislation also stated that box EULA aren't worth the paper they are written on as you haven't opened the box.

It would be like a store selling you a vacuum cleaner in a box but making you sign away any rights to a refund, should you open the box and find nothing but broken pieces then you would still be entitled to pursue the store regardless of what you signed beforehand.

EU also have legislation for "wall of text" so if something is hidden in a wall of text (illegible to the average person) then again this is more weight to something being unenforceable.

11. Re: Steam EU Refunds Now Available Mar 18, 2015, 09:39 Armengar

That's when you take it to court for a refund due to not being fit for purpose.

You can already do that in the UK if you are so enclined. It will cost you 25 which you get back if it goes in your favour. The case will go before a judge and you'll attend in his chambers not open court, the process is called "small claims court" and is quite good; ive taken 2 companies to court over smallish sums of money (couple of hundred) and it isn't intimidating (the second time the energy company didn't contest so it was a default award).

News Comments > Reloaded Games Acquires Hawken
20. Re: Reloaded Games Acquires Hawken Mar 18, 2015, 08:42 Armengar

Task wrote on Mar 16, 2015, 13:54:
The experiment of the F2P-Era is slowly dissolving.

Tell that to world of tanks (and armoured warfare when it drops will be just as large).

News Comments > Civilization III Steamworks Update Live
5. Re: Civilization III Steamworks Update Live Mar 18, 2015, 08:30 Armengar

agreed, I go back to 4 (I could never get on with 5) and haven't touched 3 for a very long time. Modding keeps things alive.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
5. Re: etc., etc. Mar 13, 2015, 10:10 Armengar

asherons call?

"PORTAL TO SUBWAY OPEN" as soon as you can survive the fall.... I remember being part of the silver citadel, played this for a few years, got to about level 90 on my primary. Might be tempted to download and have a look inside. I also remember the "sell magic components to make money" and that gold actually weighed amounts and took up slots.

A few things that were annoying, nothing like cashing a note in and you cant handle the change (with all your money falling on the floor). Dammit, I thought I could hold an M note... Portals were nasty unless you had a portal mage (or were a portal mage). Death items were also a commodity, I had a particularly nice set of wands that were mega expensive and light, probably worth more than my original olthoi armour. I cant remember my old logon details and the email account is long gone.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
5. Re: Evening Tech Bits Mar 13, 2015, 09:48 Armengar

the Samsung 840 firmware has worked on my SSD, still reporting 350Mbs transfer 3 months later, no nasty dips that were evident before the flash. As for write data, 3.5Tb over a year on a steam remapped drive.  

News Comments > Star Citizen is Huge
76. Re: Star Citizen is Huge Mar 12, 2015, 15:12 Armengar

Illumin wrote on Mar 12, 2015, 11:07:
I remember when people shit their britches when games were on 4 floppy disk. What do you have like 30 ships (guessing) in High res, in addition to their interiors. Animations for each ship and their movable parts graphics and effects for a bunch of weapons, explore able stations and who knows what else.

I just hope that the patches can install while you play or patch days are going to be a bitch.
Only 4? I remember monkey island 2on my amiga.i was king of the hill installing all 11 fisks on my 400mb hdd.

News Comments > Star Citizen is Huge
19. Re: Star Citizen is Huge Mar 12, 2015, 11:00 Armengar

World of Tanks is very large too, the basic is probably 30gb, start adding HD models and your installation is north of 60gb. Not surprising then for something with a lot of assets.  

News Comments > Diablo III Launch Postmortem
6. Re: Diablo III Launch Postmortem Mar 6, 2015, 10:06 Armengar

interestingly my first legendary was a level 9 nagelring. I still have it and by all accounts it is quite rare I think. The new season 2 gem will make it completely redundant (that and the fact I have a level 70 for all classes), still it have been a part of all my characters levelling.

I'm one of the six people on the planet who has never played WoW so I cannot comment. However, all classes can be thought of as being "not as powerful". WD has a niche role in high GR but you need to get there through pain first. Wizards are ok till you get to >35GR then you cant find decent parties as you get kicked for not being a glare crusader or rocket DH.

1041 Comments. 53 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo