Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Armengar

Real Name Armengar   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Armengar
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description ?!
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 12, 2002, 13:37
Total Comments 1088 (Pro)
User ID 12814

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
3. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jan 28, 2016, 09:22 Armengar

there is no excuse for not having your HDDs encrypted. I mean FFS even windows comes with bitlocker for free; Whilst not the best in the world it is better than nothing. SED is hardly new either and we use SED in our SAN (we aren't a big company) the price for SED vs vanilla SAS was not huge.  
Its not the cough that carries you off but the coffin they carry you off in.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Roadmap
17. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Roadmap Jan 27, 2016, 07:39 Armengar

but by that time there will be no one to play with. Look at the stats, the game is dieing already.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
6. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 26, 2016, 16:56 Armengar

virgin say I have a 50Mbs connection, I download at 6.5MBs realworld so that's 52Mb without overheads so more like 60Mbs advertised. Cant complain.

News Comments > Minecraft: Education Edition Announced
13. Re: Minecraft: Education Edition Announced Jan 20, 2016, 13:58 Armengar

We have a minecraft and opensim server at school. The kids have access and basically run the server. They mod it, police it and code scripts in opensim. We also run lego C and lego bots. So far we have found it very useful as a teaching tool.  

News Comments > Steam Issues Fixed
12. Re: Steam Issues Fixed Dec 26, 2015, 15:06 Armengar

Ironically here in the uk it is worse to use paypal. We have quite a lot of laws helpping consumers using credit cards. But paypal proxy uses your credit card so the law wouldnt help you with a steam purchase via paypal.  

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto Online Festive Surprise 2015
4. Re: Grand Theft Auto Online Festive Surprise 2015 Dec 22, 2015, 11:02 Armengar

Soon gave up on online. Full of hackers (sorry modders) and gankers. Wasnt fun.  

News Comments > Saturday Interviews
1. Re: Saturday Interviews Dec 20, 2015, 05:34 Armengar

So it will have the same problem eve does. Gankers. Ill pass.  

News Comments > Diablo III Season 4 Ending Soon
2. Re: Diablo III Season 4 Ending Soon Dec 16, 2015, 10:47 Armengar

haven't played this seriously in about 5 months. I played a bit when the cube came out. I should give it a couple of hours and see how far behind the curve my kit is now  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 16, 2015, 10:37 Armengar

they have since reversed the block with another update. Free to use 3rd party now.  

News Comments > UK Sales Charts
2. Re: UK Sales Charts Dec 15, 2015, 14:22 Armengar

Ghostbusters. I still remember finding he cheat car hy choosing 0. Good days.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 4, 2015, 10:48 Armengar

I remember riding back from Sennelager racing to get to the ferry at Rotterdam (circa 1993) along the A44. I had a GPZ 900R that was fully wound out, the speedo said 160 and there were still cars overtaking me.

Very scary but thrilling (hell I was a 20 year old army corporal at the time so invincible of course). It is one of the main reasons I don't let my kids have a motorbike....

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
15. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 4, 2015, 10:31 Armengar

echoing others. I went from a galaxy s2 to a note 3 - that was an upgrade. There is nothing in the Samsung line that would be an upgrade to the note 3 - no SD and no user replaceable battery (im happy to undo a few screws to replace a battery but not prise apart glue/screen/wires etc.)

S2 was rooted and had custom firmware and rom. Daughter still uses it just fine (3rd battery and a 32gb SD card in it)

News Comments > Bus Simulator 16 Next Month
2. Re: Bus Simulator 16 Next Month Dec 4, 2015, 10:13 Armengar

watch for people running to catch and set off just before they get there. Just like real life. I wonder if you can drive through large puddles soaking pedestrians too.  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
11. Re: Watch the watch Dec 2, 2015, 06:16 Armengar

a watch that needs charging so regularly is just pointless.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 1, 2015, 11:20 Armengar

into the darkness made the mistake of letting Abrams fucking murder it.  

3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 1, 2015, 11:18 Armengar

the whole article is just a set of opinions on a very small subset of predominantly inner city expectations.

My dad had quite a few jobs in his working life - at least 4 that I know of (military, joiner, holiday park warden, high end car delivery driver/service car driver). Ive had so many ive lost count, military, tech support, college lecturer, dell field service, college lecturer again, school sysadmin, uni sysadmin and in all the above ive been coding on the side (plus reserve military).

My kids are almost Uni age so cannot say but the careers they are looking at are pretty "mono" - vet and doctor so they wont be changing career much I imagine.

11. Re: A Car Dealers Wonít Sell: Itís Electric Dec 1, 2015, 06:01 Armengar

HP is an awful measurement really and electric motors do not have "less" HP than diesels or petrols - it depends on what RPM you are talking. It also depends on what you want to do but don't forget that trains and ships use electric motors with diesel engines to power them, precisely because the torque is so uniform and PEAK at low RPM, there is no reason (other than cost) that cars cannot have direct drives to do the same thing. You don't see many "geared" electric cars (as there is no point for the price and application) but you could have geared (geared down) electric motors to shift HUGE loads if necessary - think electric trucks, or regular geared for race cars.

For reference look at the tesla power curve. It is mental to about 60mph then dynamics of motor design show. If it was GEARED then it would be a beast.

However, there isn't a point as it is still cheaper to put a lumping great diesel in there instead of a smaller diesel, batteries to soak up the surge, electric motors for powering, reduction gears as appropriate etc etc. In a train or ship then it is more economical to do this and simpler in the terms of building them.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
15. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 23, 2015, 02:29 Armengar

Are these metrics based on sales or activations?  

News Comments > Free Armored Warfare Tank
1. Re: Free Armored Warfare Tank Nov 12, 2015, 07:05 Armengar

having fun in AW, it was nice that they reset the "premium" too, I have easily got my £10ish preorder monies worth. I used to play a lot of WoT but got sick of the reliance on mods (I was a vanilla player). I only hop in to lead our clan strongholds and play CW but don't bother with randoms any more. Im leaking credits doing this as only makes money on T6 SH. Once im out of credits im done.

AW is fun, the MM is better and there is PVE when PVP is on a crazy day but it just doesn't have the same pull that WoT gave me. I do prefer the gameplay of AW but something is missing and I cant put my finger on it.

News Comments > Blizzard Sues Bot Maker
12. Re: Meh, pointless. Nov 12, 2015, 06:19 Armengar

JohnBirshire wrote on Nov 11, 2015, 21:42:
I played on a World of Warcraft free server that was making over $500,000 a month in "donations". After years of doing it, Blizzard sued them for a massive amount of money.

End result? They closed the server, paid Blizzard nothing, laid low for a couple months, then reopened the server under a different name.

Back to making millions, Blizzard has never bothered to try again.

This stuff isn't an effective deterrent whatsoever.

any idea why they didn't go to court? It isn't as if blizzard have no lawyers onboard and they probably spend more on chasing these guys than actually stopping them. I assume the "free" servers and programmers were in Russia or China etc.

1088 Comments. 55 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo