Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Armengar

Real Name Armengar   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Armengar
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description ?!
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 12, 2002, 13:37
Total Comments 991 (Graduate)
User ID 12814

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > X-Wing & TIE Fighter on GOG.com?
42. Re: X-Wing & TIE Fighter on GOG.com? Oct 28, 2014, 07:59 Armengar

Whilst not part of the bundle, XWing alliance runs just fine in windows 7 and has plenty of fan made HD models available. Whilst not totally up to date it is still playable.  
Its not the cough that carries you off but the coffin they carry you off in.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > X-Wing & TIE Fighter on GOG.com?
40. Re: X-Wing & TIE Fighter on GOG.com? Oct 28, 2014, 07:41 Armengar

Moog wrote on Oct 28, 2014, 07:06:
> Word is that other LucasArts games are coming to GOG.com as well.

Outlaws!

Please! Please! Please!

Where are ya marshal?

News Comments > ArcheAge "Illicit Gains" Revoked
20. Re: ArcheAge Oct 23, 2014, 09:04 Armengar

InBlack wrote on Oct 23, 2014, 02:20:
So say you sold a nice item for ingame gold. Suddenly now a few months later that gold dissapears. Lemme guess, you are screwed??

Exactly, how far back does this go? Same can be said for someone who buys gold then spends it all, would they lose their items? Unlikely but it sucks to be the regular joe who received the "tainted" gold.

News Comments > Steam Discovery Update
32. Re: Steam Discovery Update Sep 23, 2014, 10:34 Armengar

average playtime estimates

The amount of times ive left civ-esq games on overnight has skewed quite a few game times.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
29. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Sep 8, 2014, 10:34 Armengar

Darts is hardly physical and neither is crown green bowling. Rifle shooting is not terribly physical either (be it target or skeet). There aren't many 300lb esports champions, many ARE athletic and physically fit due to needing a clean lifestyle (keeping on top is hard just like any sport). Horse dressage is more horse than rider but is still a sport.

esports is a sport, just not a physical sport as I would argue it is the competitive skill element that qualifies.

News Comments > Diablo III Season One Begins; So Does Complaining
38. Re: Diablo III Season One Begins; So Does Complaining Sep 1, 2014, 08:54 Armengar

@krovven, I would love trading as there are some items that simply haven't dropped for me, or perhaps I have a glut of crusader items and would love to try a monk out (so can trade crusader for monk items) etc. However, I see the issue with Chinese item farmers etc but cannot realistically see the issue with item trading now the AH has gone.

I still like D3 and pop into it occasionally. 2.1 helped me out a fair bit with the changes and overall I've definitely had my monies worth.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
7. Re: Morning Mobilization Aug 24, 2014, 05:09 Armengar

Its a cookie but based on your IP which they can trace to your account thus serve to your mobile too. Thank god this is illegal in EU.  

News Comments > World of Warplanes Adds PvE
5. Re: World of Warplanes Adds PvE Aug 22, 2014, 04:12 Armengar

If all people had to do was the tutorial then great. Other than that I think wowp needs all the players it can get really, the game is dieing and isn't as fun as WoT.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
5. Re: Evening Tech Bits Aug 22, 2014, 03:45 Armengar

if your eyes have to adapt to use OR then long term this may introduce problems when not using OR. Before I left the military apache pilots were being trained up over here, there were issues with people who were simply not suitable for training due to various medical reasons, rampant headaches and motion sickness being two of them (due to the head up module). We were part of the final training for apache pilots (intelligence) so heard all the horror stories from their previous year of training.  

6. Re: Evening Tech Bits Aug 13, 2014, 05:59 Armengar

I just use a 15m HDMI and an active USB extension cable, that means the noisy PC is on the other side of a wall. Works well enough for me. Sure I need to walk from one room to another with a KB and mouse but if I could be bothered id buy more (I just like my Mx518 and G15 keyboard).  

News Comments > Wargaming Boasts 100M Registered Players
13. Re: Wargaming Boasts 100M Registered Players Aug 13, 2014, 04:59 Armengar

I used to play this a lot too but I saw the issues and capped my own tier level. The early tiers are fun but unreliable, so you go up the tiers. Soon as you hit T6 you start to find the issue that you need more silver to stay competitive. Actually moving premium shells to silver probably netted them MORE money - since your games pit you at up to your tier +2 (old timers will remember the +4 matches, this changed a couple of weeks after I started!) you need premium shells to compete sometimes (unless you are a mega player memorising all the weakspots, tank stats, and you simply cannot generate enough silver without premium account. Get to T8 and then you start playing against T10 (a lot!), this can go two ways, you get on a good team and enjoy the game or get spanked. I suppose the thinking is that you are supposed to WANT that shiney T10 tank - personally I couldn't be bothered going past T8 due to the grind.

I simply played T5/T6 instead of trying to move up to T9. The grind gets silly at higher levels - they simply want you to spend real money to convert XP to spend. coupled with the fact that certain new tanks were HORRIFIC at the start so you *had* to plan spending XP to get over the initial hump was just plain cash cow.

Its a fun game, does reward some tactical thinking, rewards you playing with team mates but can be very frustrating depending on what team you get shoved into. There is a rabid following who can see no evil in wargaming but EU is milked heavily in comparison to US or SEA. I spent a little on premium once but not since (due to price differences between US/SEA and EU I simply thought it was taking the piss)

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
4. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 1, 2014, 05:16 Armengar

wavelength division multiplexing isn't new, we covered this in university back in the early 90's. I believe it was used back in the 70s

Doesn't stop the signals being in binary though. Tri state over multiplex is still being trialled but what you gain in the extra packets you lose overall as you need to slow down to sync (again we looked at this at Uni). Binary works simply because of simplicity. The level is either up or down so you can crank the speed and look for 0 or 1 limits. When you start to add other levels then you need distinct boundaries, this means you need to slow down the transponders to be able to actuate at those levels.

That is why quantum state is so cool, the actuation times are so fast you CAN have multiple boundary states so > binary systems will increase transmission. Ironically this will still most likely be multiplexed binary.

News Comments > Gearbox Fights Aliens Lawsuit
22. Re: Gearbox Fights Aliens Lawsuit Aug 1, 2014, 05:08 Armengar

That would be criminal law though not civil law.  

News Comments > On the Legality of "Code Stripping"
4. Re: On the Legality of Jul 31, 2014, 16:14 Armengar

Legal in the eu but only if the same game is sold. So if you can buy it on UK stores. and redeem in steam but it is cheaper on Malaysia shelves then free trade still allows you to resell the unused key. A case in Germany held against someone who sold a key that wasnt available in eu though.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Jul 21, 2014, 11:18 Armengar

I would say Data Caps are due to rampant over selling of cell tower capacity.  

News Comments > Sunday Crowdfunding Roundup
3. Re: Sunday Crowdfunding Roundup Jul 20, 2014, 13:47 Armengar

Eh? Paid upfront in full with no deadline clause or project specification? Even my kids iron out better contracts for pocket money.  

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
10. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jul 18, 2014, 03:51 Armengar

oh don't worry, your deviant ideals have put you on a watch list  

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online on Steam
30. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online on Steam Jul 18, 2014, 03:46 Armengar

PropheT wrote on Jul 17, 2014, 20:00:
I have a hard time calling any game I get hundreds of hours out of a bad deal. Hell, if I got hundreds of hours out of it that's already a better deal than 90% of the games I buy.

Indeed, sometimes I look at steam and think, wow ive only played that game for 60 hours? and ive thought it was fantastic. Then I look at how much time ive wasted in other games such as TF2 (842 hours), Natural Selection 2 (409 hours), Global Agenda (326 hours). Ironically these are some of the few games I bought (yes, even GA before free to play!) at launch (I don't do that very often).

Suffice to say, I wont be bothering with this (even after F2P tbh).

News Comments > GRID Autosport Boost Pack Released, Because "It Sells"
18. Re: GRID Autosport Boost Pack Released, Because Jul 17, 2014, 06:55 Armengar

Game Genie? The real oldies on here remember buying Multiface cartridges for our spectrums. Then buying your Sinclair for codes each month. Migrated to Amiga? the Action Replay cartridges became your friend too.

Codemasters used to have helplines back in the spectrum days too selling codes for these if you rang them up. Rip off merchants. They can fuck spiders if they think i'm falling for their "DLC" crap, I didn't even bother buying their shite in any sale due to the douche-baggery they have employed in the past.

Cheats and boosts are fine. Go for it.

As long as they in no way influence the progression or difficulty of the main game.

What about artificially coding the game with a look to releasing a "cheat DLC" later? There is a difference between grinding for something and being a downright wallet raider.

4. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 16, 2014, 05:37 Armengar

also it is supposed to be a gaming keyboard with no other gaming features. No programmable keys, no keypad.

No ta, i'll stick with my G-15

991 Comments. 50 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo