Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Steele Johnson

Real Name Steele Johnson   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Steele Johnson
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Apr 5, 2002, 20:41
Total Comments 910 (Graduate)
User ID 12787

User comment history
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

News Comments > BioWare Making Dragon Age II "Visually Super Hot"
37. Re: BioWare Making Dragon Age 2 Jan 31, 2010, 12:11 Steele Johnson

Riker wrote on Jan 30, 2010, 14:58:
Nah, I don't need a sandbox to have fun... sandbox is overrated. They learned a lot transitioning from Mass Effect 1 to Mass Effect 2, and hopefully they do the same with Dragon Age 2.

I agree. Open world can be quite boring if not done correctly (like most games). There's nothing wrong with an interactive movie. For single player games, I'd rather be moving through a story than trying to make a story out of nothing.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Mass Effect 2
10. Re: Ships Ahoy - Mass Effect 2 Jan 26, 2010, 14:05 Steele Johnson

I'm starting to lose faith in Bioware. The last few games I played from them were just "so so" to me, even though the critics gave the games stellar reviews (not to mention all the hype). Their games are starting to become "wait for a couple price drops before purchasing" type games. Just my personal opinion.  

News Comments > Mumbo Jumbo Pops PopCap for $4.6M
8. Re: Mumbo Jumbo Pops PopCap for $4.6M Jan 25, 2010, 14:29 Steele Johnson

I think PopCap should have put a little more thought into it before signing the contract.  

News Comments > On Guild Wars 2 Procedural Audio
4. Re: On Guild Wars 2 Procedural Audio Jan 23, 2010, 17:55 Steele Johnson

It's about the whole experience. I love the little details. I really don't care how long they take; I'm thinking that GW2 is going to put subscription-based mmos out of business.  

News Comments > Chris Taylor Optimistic About PC Gaming
15. Re: Chris Taylor Optimistic About PC Gaming Jan 21, 2010, 17:19 Steele Johnson

Verno wrote on Jan 21, 2010, 15:34:
Actually thanks to the advent of PSN and XBLA, many of those indies are doing console stuff now too.

I agree. There are definitely some indie devs that did much better on the xbox 360 last year (and the iPhone) than they did on the pc. Same with ps3. So I have to disagree with Chris T. Consoles (and mobile devices) are enabling more ways for indie devs to make money, and they're starting to become more lucrative avenues than what the pc has to offer.

News Comments > Avatar Game: What Went Wrong
28. Re: Avatar Game: What Went Wrong Jan 17, 2010, 00:33 Steele Johnson

Movie games. Never a good thing.  

News Comments > Napoleon: Total War Next Month
3. Re: Napoleon: Total War Next Month Jan 14, 2010, 14:15 Steele Johnson

Big deal. Are they going to deliver another piece of sh*t and charge people $50 for it? I wish I could sell my sh*t.  

News Comments > Napoleon: Total War Nears Gold
7. Re: Napoleon: Total War Nears Gold Jan 11, 2010, 13:01 Steele Johnson

Only a sucker would buy this after the pile of shite that was ETW.

I agree. I'll never buy their pos games again.

News Comments > Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines Patch
12. Re: Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines Patch Dec 23, 2009, 13:45 Steele Johnson

It's gotten to the point where they aren't fixing Troika's bugs, but fixing bugs that were created by their changes to the game. I love the work they've done, but there comes a time when you just need to back away.

Why do you even care? Maybe they like working on it. Who cares?

News Comments > Out of the Blue
18. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 21, 2009, 20:44 Steele Johnson

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brittany_Murphy

Abbreviated for brevity...

At 8:00 a.m. on December 20, 2009, the LA Fire Department responded to "a medical request" at the Los Angeles home Murphy and Monjack shared. She apparently collapsed in a bathroom. Firefighters attempted to resuscitate Murphy on the scene, and she was subsequently transported to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, where she was pronounced dead on arrival at 10:04 a.m. after going into cardiac arrest. Cause of death is yet to be determined, but Assistant Chief Coroner Ed Winter told the Associated Press: "It appears to be natural."

There's nothing natural about going into cardiac arrest at such a young age. The police are likely going to look very closely at Simon Monjack.

That happens to a lot of people. Natural causes can mean a lot of things. She could have had blood clots or a heart defect, among several other possibilities. My sister died from a blood clot when she was just 35. There was no explanation for it at all. So enjoy each day as it were your last. Happy holidays!

News Comments > Take-Two Financials: Borderlands Sells 2M
4. Re: Take-Two Financials: Borderlands Sells 2M Dec 17, 2009, 18:57 Steele Johnson

Meh. Once id's Rage hits the scene, this toon game will be forgotten quickly. They will need some major additions to the game to keep interest in the sequel or maybe sheeple will just lap it up anyway like MW2. <shrug>

Yeah, because id made so many great games in the past, particularly, shooters with rpg elements. lol

This comment was edited on Dec 17, 2009, 19:51.

News Comments > Age of Conan Free Trial Offer
6. Re: Age of Conan Free Trial Offer Dec 14, 2009, 15:26 Steele Johnson

Nice. Is the game much better now? I never played it before.

Yes, it's a new and improved version of "Go kill 5 bunnies and bring me back their pelts".

News Comments > Borderlands Patch Plans [Updated]
4. Re: Borderlands Patch Plans Dec 13, 2009, 00:45 Steele Johnson

Awesome game. Nice to see continued support.  

News Comments > Thief 4 In "Good Shape"
8. Re: Thief 4 In "Good Shape" Nov 27, 2009, 14:20 Steele Johnson

I like what he had to say.  

News Comments > Aion Bans
9. Re: Aion Bans Nov 24, 2009, 16:24 Steele Johnson

But they're only banning the gold sellers that don't work for their company.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
33. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 23, 2009, 11:10 Steele Johnson

Scavenge + Survival + co-op?

Shit. Game of the year assholes!

I agree. L4D2 is an amazing game. When I see posts about people not understanding its appeal, I question whether they even played it. Gamers have been asking for true co-op games for years, and finally a game designer has figured out how to make one the right way.

News Comments > Pandemic Closing?
18. Re: Pandemic Closing? Nov 17, 2009, 13:06 Steele Johnson

Job security is a thing of the past with most corporations.

So true. I work in the software industry and for the past 8 years or so, I've been worried about losing my job. With layoffs happening when a company has 1 bad quarter is the norm, there's not a day that goes by where you're not worrying. If you don't want a lot of stress in your life, stay away from software development (unless you're doing it for yourself). Not only do you work a butt-load of hours (basically no life), but you also don't get much compensation when the company does well (no raises after hitting a certain level, etc). And having clueless managers (i.e. the ones that have no idea what it takes to develop something), is pretty standard... which makes your job even more of a struggle. I should have been a plumber.

News Comments > Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines Patch
3. Re: Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines Patch Nov 16, 2009, 16:40 Steele Johnson

Another day, another patch.  

News Comments > New MW2 PC Petition
43. Re: New MW2 PC Petition Nov 16, 2009, 13:41 Steele Johnson

I just created a new petition that demands the features that I want in the game! How dare they release a game without the features that I want?  

News Comments > EA Cut "Over a Dozen" Games, MoH "Revitalization" Nears
13. Re: MoH "Revitalization" Nears Nov 9, 2009, 22:34 Steele Johnson

sounds like EA is starting to chase their competition.  

910 Comments. 46 pages. Viewing page 24.
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo