Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Steele Johnson

Real Name Steele Johnson   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Steele Johnson
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Apr 5, 2002, 20:41
Total Comments 907 (Graduate)
User ID 12787

User comment history
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

News Comments > Bethesda Passed on Fallout MMOG Rights
1. Re: Bethesda Passed on Fallout MMOG Rights Oct 22, 2010, 11:23 Steele Johnson

What's the point of an mmo if it's going to use 2nd get mmo mechanics? They're all flopping at this point.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - ArcaniA: Gothic 4
11. Re: Steamships Ahoy - ArcaniA: Gothic 4 Oct 15, 2010, 23:25 Steele Johnson

I agree that some of the Gothic games have gotten a "bum rap". Gothic 1 was probably the best single player rpg I've ever played... and I've played them all. On the other hand, I hated Gothic 2 and especially Gothic 3. I could not believe how badly the games were designed. But the big surprise was how much I loved Risen! That game simply blew me away... and we all know that the game didn't get the greatest reviews. So I think I'll wait a bit and eventually give this one a chance?  

News Comments > ArcaniA: Gothic 4 Patch
3. Re: ArcaniA: Gothic 4 Patch Oct 13, 2010, 10:21 Steele Johnson

I'm glad it's still being beta tested.  

News Comments > The Witcher 2 Interview
5. Re: The Witcher 2 Interview Oct 4, 2010, 16:02 Steele Johnson

The first game is one of the most overrated games out there.  

News Comments > World of Warcraft: Cataclysm in December
27. Re: World of Warcraft: Cataclysm in December Oct 4, 2010, 15:59 Steele Johnson

Raided almost every night doing heroic runs. but im an worn the fuck out on wow. Personally I feel that Blizzard is releasing this addon just to try and screw over Star Wars. Im leaning more towards Star Wars. at least its somethng new.

I hate to break it to you, but Star Wars will be that same ol' formula that you've grown to love (most likely hate), but with a different skin and more talking npcs (yippie!). It will have all the balancing problems and defects that all new mmos have from the beginning. Sure, you'll see different looking environments, but.... that's pretty much it. Bioware would love to steal you away from Blizzard only to give you that long, drawn out work of grinding that you don't mind paying for. lol

News Comments > World of Warcraft: Cataclysm in December
26. Re: World of Warcraft: Cataclysm in December Oct 4, 2010, 15:50 Steele Johnson

First expansion I won't be buying, it went way to casual for me with Wrath of the lich king, with that said it will probably still be the best mmorpg around.

If you're saying that 'grinding' makes an mmo hardcore, then yes, you're right.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 30, 2010, 18:57 Steele Johnson

Yeah, it was Stoney Curtis:

http://www.topthat.net/webrock/episodes/season6.htm

News Comments > TF2 In-Game Store and Steam Wallet Launch
26. Re: TF2 In-Game Store and Steam Wallet Launch Sep 30, 2010, 18:49 Steele Johnson

Note: paying for stuff is a personal option.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 29, 2010, 11:52 Steele Johnson

"MS: Kinect will break records."

I totally disagree with this statement. Gamers will correlate the Kinect with the Wii and it will completely tank. The Wii has proven that game designers cannot think in terms of hardware features and rather focus on genres. End of story.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 27, 2010, 13:13 Steele Johnson

"Kinect is for games ‘we can’t even imagine’."

And that's why there will be hardly any games that utilize the hardware. And most games will just be games designed with a regular controller in mind, and then ported to work with Kinect.

The Wii is the perfect example. Almost every game on that platform could be just as fun (or just as boring) using a regular controller.

The problem is that game designers aren't thinking about the hardware when they design their games. Most designers think of the game first (how the gameplay will be), and then the hardware is just what it runs on. With Move, Kinect, and the Wii, you have to think of the special hardware and build the game up from that. It just doesn't seem to be working that way.

It's games like Guitar Hero and Dance Dance Revolution that take specific hardware to make fun. That's how the designers need to think.

News Comments > Kotick vs. Schafer, Part 3
8. Re: Kotick vs. Schafer, Part 3 Sep 27, 2010, 13:05 Steele Johnson

Brutal Legend took a long time to develop, it missed almost every milestone, and wasn't very good. So I suppose this guy has a point.  

News Comments > Global Agenda Patched
2. Re: Global Agenda Patched Sep 24, 2010, 23:03 Steele Johnson

They had the general concept but just didn't have the flow of gameplay. The game definitely should have been slower paced with more strategic planning.  

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever Complete?
40. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Complete? Sep 2, 2010, 13:35 Steele Johnson

The next news headline we'll see about this will be "unknown source says gamers are already playing Duke Nukem Forever".  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 2, 2010, 13:33 Steele Johnson

"Microsoft Patents Operating System Shutdown."

Yes, but Google just patented "Operating System Start". So now what will MS do?

News Comments > Ex-Devs Slam RTW
29. Re: Ex-Devs Slam RTW Aug 26, 2010, 11:01 Steele Johnson

Just by looking at the game, it's common sense that upper management was totally incompetent. It's as if they didn't even know what the developers were doing. Most software companies just have too much upper management these days. They outsource development jobs thinking that they'll get the same output for cheap, but what they don't understand is that their incompetence is what's really causing high development costs, not the developers. DOH!  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Mafia II
72. Re: Ships Ahoy - Mafia II Aug 24, 2010, 15:50 Steele Johnson

This will be on my list of games that I'll buy when they're a bargain.  

News Comments > RTW Staff Rescue?
8. Re: RTW Staff Rescue? Aug 18, 2010, 16:50 Steele Johnson

Good news. Lots of talented people there. It's the upper management staff that should be let go (i.e. the people that do nothing and don't know what's going on).  

News Comments > World of Tanks Trailer
2. Re: World of Tanks Trailer Aug 12, 2010, 15:10 Steele Johnson

Can you image all those tanks sitting in the auction house?  

News Comments > John Carmack: No New id IP for Years
20. Re: John Carmack: No New id IP for Years Aug 12, 2010, 15:08 Steele Johnson

Bring on Doom 4 then, will ya?  

News Comments > Dungeons Officially Announced
10. Re: Dungeons Officially Announced Aug 12, 2010, 15:00 Steele Johnson

I'd rather see a new Dungeon Keeper from Peter M. Those games were awesome!  

907 Comments. 46 pages. Viewing page 21.
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo