Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Steele Johnson

Real Name Steele Johnson   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Steele Johnson
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Apr 5, 2002, 20:41
Total Comments 883 (Graduate)
User ID 12787

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Op Ed
12. Re: RE: Follow up Jan 8, 2014, 01:01 Steele Johnson

The anti-Microsoft hipsters are the only ones who care, other than maybe the tech tinkerer. Why don't the hipsters just switch to Mac OS X? Why not Linux? Both have been around a long time. That will be the only way that game devs will target those platforms. If the install base increases, it will be worth the cost of development. So why don't the hipsters just drop Windows all together and stop being hypocrites? If you hate MS all that much, surely you will be fine playing the games that run on Mac OS X and Linux. We're all a little tired of your constant senseless bashing and complaining. But remember the next time you buy a game for a pc running Windows, you're a hypocrite.

Oh, one more thing, just to let you know, OS X doesn't have your main crucial requirement for a computer: a start button. LOLOL

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
32. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 7, 2014, 03:56 Steele Johnson

Beamer wrote on Jan 6, 2014, 22:42:
Google "consoles are" the 4th autocorrect is "ruining PC gaming."

just search thus forum. Prevailing belief is that graphics haven't advanced because games are written to 10 year old consoles. Even if ports are improved they're still not as powerful as if designed for a PC.

you really deny ever hearing this?

I don't agree with this. It's not that the console hardware is holding tech back, it's the fact that developing a triple A game nowadays cost a 1000 times more than it did back in the golden age of pc gaming. So when you're in business to make money, you have to choose the client base that will get you the most return, and that is consoles (and now even phones and tablets). Game developers back in the day created pc games with innovation and science. These days, it's based on "what will sell the most". You can't blame it on a freakin' box of hardware. It all comes down to money. I think something like the Oculus Rift is the closest thing we have to games being designed with innovation and science, but I have my doubts about that development platform as well. The golden days are over, so don't keep thinking it's just going to come back. I personally think something completely different is going to replace games in general when it comes technology driven entertainment. But I don't think it will be the Rift.

News Comments > Clint Hocking Leaves Valve
27. Re: Clint Hocking Leaves Valve Jan 7, 2014, 03:31 Steele Johnson

I smell a mass exodus brewing. Maybe the transition from being a game developer to a console maker isn't for everyone. ; )  

News Comments > Steam Machines Announcement
33. Re: Steam Machines Announcement Jan 7, 2014, 03:20 Steele Johnson

ViRGE wrote on Jan 6, 2014, 22:33:
siapnar wrote on Jan 6, 2014, 22:24:
Would be cool destructive if some developers made the full switch to Steam OS and left Windows in the dust, for their upcoming games
Fixed that for you.

There's nothing to gain from PC fragmentation. We're already a minority.

Yeah, it would be destructive for the developer.

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
6. Re: Saturday Mobilization Jan 4, 2014, 17:38 Steele Johnson

Actually, the surface pro 2 is way more productive than both ipad and android. It's generally a laptop that's also a tablet and has a great high res video output for a large monitor. The click keyboard is actually really good. This is definitely more of a laptop replacement than a consumer tablet hence the price tag.  

News Comments > BF4 Connectivity Issues; Double XP Postponed
27. Re: BF4 Connectivity Issues; Double XP Postponed Dec 31, 2013, 21:06 Steele Johnson

Aside from the low quality release, I think the game is a lot of fun! But I can understand people wanting to pay for quality. I get pissed too when I buy low quality shlt. But still, even with its problems, It's really kind of an amazing game. I know people didn't like the single-player so I think I'm the only one that thinks it's one of the best intros to a multiplayer game I've ever played. It's great if you're new to the series and to the genre! Sorry guys, but I'm having fun with this one.  

News Comments > Left 4 Dead 2 Free
33. Re: Left 4 Dead 2 Free Dec 25, 2013, 22:31 Steele Johnson

Valve lets you download a 5 year old game for free for one day. Yay.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 18, 2013, 16:09 Steele Johnson

So now people are putting Windows on the SteamBox? LOL Go figure. So now gamers have 2 machines, a SteamBox running Windows and a Windows box running Steam hahahahah! DOH  

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Lawsuit
55. Re: Battlefield 4 Lawsuit Dec 18, 2013, 15:40 Steele Johnson

This is ridiculous. Let's start suing game companies because there are too many clicks, the FOV is not up to par, and the voice acting sucks. lol  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
3. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Dec 17, 2013, 13:56 Steele Johnson

You'd think the old grinding top-down hack&slash click fests would be obsolete by now. Who would have thought that it would be someone's goty in 2013? I'm baffled. Anyway, congrats to the developer.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
24. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 12, 2013, 16:31 Steele Johnson

The 5 Reasons the Video Game Industry Is About to Crash. article was spot on!  

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Bug Tracker
27. Re: Battlefield 4 Bug Tracker Dec 12, 2013, 02:03 Steele Johnson

This is a cool idea. I respect the developers for trying to get this game stable even after they were told to release too soon. Good for them! Aside from the temporary defects, this game is loads of fun! I think I'll be playing this game for quite a while!  

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online in April
85. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online in April Dec 12, 2013, 01:59 Steele Johnson

This game looks horrible. Why make a last gen game with last gen animation, graphics, and the same boring gameplay? Disappointed.  

News Comments > NSA's Game Spying
194. Re: NSA's Game Spying Dec 10, 2013, 01:34 Steele Johnson

The only people who care about the nsa are the ones who are up to no good. All the rest who complain are just paranoid freaks! Haha!  

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Patch
17. Re: Battlefield 4 Patch Dec 10, 2013, 01:20 Steele Johnson

While I do get a little pissed when publishers release buggy games, I'm willing to give them a chance because this game is so flippin' fun!

I'm also one of the few who thinks the single player is great! I mean, I think it's just so people can get used to the controls, etc before you jumping into mp. But what they've done is pretty darn good imo.

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
2. Re: Sunday Consolidation Dec 8, 2013, 19:51 Steele Johnson

There are lot of shitty multiplayer games out there. Gamers have been asking for more co op games for years, and still, designers and devs just don't know what to do. It surprises me considering that almost everyone has a broadband connection and is always online, not to mention that pcs and now newer consoles have more than enough memory. Come on devs, make more multiplayer and co op games. Screw single player, there are enough of them already!  

News Comments > Windows/Xbox Convergence Coming?
60. Re: Windows/Xbox Convergence Coming? Dec 5, 2013, 01:28 Steele Johnson

It amazes me to see all the bashing when this is something that people have wanted for years. To be able to sync and share across all ms devices is exactly what will make their products way more useful for business and consumer. I'm surprised most of you don't see it. Or maybe you do and just bash because it's cool? Seriously, if this is true, they'll pull waaaaay ahead of the competition and set a new standard that will be expected with other products.  

News Comments > Quoteworthy - NVIDIA: PC "Far Superior" to Next-Gen
33. Re: Quoteworthy - NVIDIA: PC Nov 30, 2013, 20:48 Steele Johnson

jacobvandy wrote on Nov 30, 2013, 14:15:
Steele Johnson wrote on Nov 30, 2013, 13:53:
Most homes don't even have a pc anymore.

Way to talk out of your ass there, Johnson. The US Census reported in 2011 (latest year data is available) that 75.6% of households have at least one personal computer. If you're purporting that more than 1/3 of those households have gotten rid of it in favor of a tablet or some junk within the past two years, I might have to ask what exactly it is that you're smoking...

That's bullsh!t. I don't need some crap census. I can easily look around for myself. Every family member, every friend I have, every co-worker has ditched pc in favor of some sort of phone/tablet as their main computer within the past few years. Are you really saying that people rather go sit at some desk somwhere to read their email/peruse the web when they can easily carry it in their pocket or have on their endtable and use it while lying down in bed or on the sofa? I appreciate your support for the pc , but you are way wrong. If that census is true then the people interviewed are talking about their old laptop/desktop that's collecting dust while they're carring around their main computer in their pocket.

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
9. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Nov 30, 2013, 18:10 Steele Johnson

At least ms is trying to save face while google just blatenly passes your data around to anyone who will pay for it, including nsa. Your gmail, Andoid phones, everything you type into Chrome, etc, etc. Yet the smelly Hipsters still continue to bash ms (because that's what smelly Hipsters do) when google just goes along their merry way doing what they want with your data without even telling you and you don't give it one thought. LOL!  

News Comments > Quoteworthy - NVIDIA: PC "Far Superior" to Next-Gen
23. Re: Quoteworthy - NVIDIA: PC Nov 30, 2013, 13:53 Steele Johnson

Most homes don't even have a pc anymore. Even businesses are started to incorporate tablet apps into their business rather than using laptops. So the only market these guys are in right now are old-school pc enthusiasts who are gamers. So their argument is moot. Those of who care already know, and those of us who dropped laptop/desktop for tablet don't care. Most homes who have tablets and smart phones will buy a console for gaming rather than "reverting back" to the 'ol pc. That's if they even care to play games on their tv than their tablet or phone.  

883 Comments. 45 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo