Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Steele Johnson

Real Name Steele Johnson   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Steele Johnson
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Apr 5, 2002, 20:41
Total Comments 920 (Graduate)
User ID 12787

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
26. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 9, 2011, 16:14 Steele Johnson

Farmed fish are generally worse for you. Anything altered by man is going against its natural path. Farmed fish are more prone to disease which in turn means that the farmers will treat the fish with different type of medication or even try to mask the unhealthiness with different types of chemicals. Deep water fish is the only way to go. Unfortunately, it's not always easy to know where it came from.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Op Ed
30. Re: Op Ed Mar 7, 2011, 15:43 Steele Johnson

The Witcher 1 was definitely an action rpg. I don't know what some of you guys consider a deep rpg, but if you really want to know, go play Balder's Gate or Icewind Dale. Those games will give you a good idea.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Mar 3, 2011, 12:55 Steele Johnson

Google Android is the next Windows lol. Virus after virus, patch after patch.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
4. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 3, 2011, 12:51 Steele Johnson

"19% admit Web use while driving"

That shit scares the crap out of me and pisses me off! If anyone hits me while they're flacking texting, etc, I'll be the guy who admits shooting while driving.

News Comments > Minecraft and Red Dead Redemption Honored
13. Re: Minecraft and Red Dead Redemption Honored Mar 3, 2011, 12:48 Steele Johnson

RDR is so darn easy with the controller. You just go into slow-mo and shoot away.  

News Comments > RIFT Launches
38. Re: RIFT Launches Mar 1, 2011, 18:33 Steele Johnson

I definitely do not encourage hijacking threads about a specific genre and bashing it to pieces, but I have to agree that Cutter has a right to his opinion. Maybe if his delivery was more positive about the negatives, he'd get a different reaction.

The way I see it, the mmo genre is still currently being developed using the "2.0 template". Meaning, mostly WoW/EQ2 mechanics; give or take some different features here and there. Rift is no exception.

I don't know if Cutter once loved the genre and is now burnt out, or if he never liked it at all. But I can understand his complaints about the genre not moving. If you like the genre the way it currently is, that's awesome, because you have a lot of options. Unfortunately, for people like myself, it's like I've lost something that was once amazing.

I think a lot of us are hoping for something completely new. Will it be mmo 3.0 template, or will it just be a massively-multiplayer social game. I don't know. All I know is that technology has come a long, long way since the inception of the first 3D mmo as well as the 2.0 template. Servers are easier and cheaper to maintain and cpus/gpus are much, much faster. We're at the point where massively-multiplayer games can mean something completely different from what it is today, and no one is willing to take the risk.

The one thing that was lost between the first 3D mmos (I use EQ1 as an example) and the 2.0 template, is the feeling of being in a living, breathing world. Playing an mmo is now more like a strategy game/spreadsheet. The exploring aspect and the feeling of survival has been lost. Here's hoping that the next version of mmos, whatever they are, bring that feeling back.

Edit: but if it's fun, it's FUN. Can't argue with that.

This comment was edited on Mar 1, 2011, 18:38.

News Comments > Valve Looks to Steam Power Your TV
56. Re: Valve Looks to Steam Power Your TV Mar 1, 2011, 10:48 Steele Johnson

And everyone will buy it.  

News Comments > Valve Looks to Steam Power Your TV
40. Re: Valve Looks to Steam Power Your TV Feb 28, 2011, 16:48 Steele Johnson

It's a smart move. Consoles as we know it are becoming obsolete and TVs will slowly become PCs that are capable of playing high-end games. I work in the industry and see it happening. Now that there's more demand for applications to run on your tv, games aren't taking a backseat. I'm sure AMD, Intel, and nVidia are going to have bloodbath soon.

(*tip* don't be surprised if Apple announces their own tv in the near future. Of course it will be something revolutionary (probably Kinect type UI nav, etc, etc, with a really slick interface).

News Comments > Total War: SHOGUN 2 Demo
5. Re: Total War: SHOGUN 2 Demo Feb 22, 2011, 14:15 Steele Johnson

Total Bugs  

News Comments > Two Worlds II Review Flap, Sequel Revealed
34. Re: Two Worlds II Review Flap, Sequel Revealed Feb 20, 2011, 20:38 Steele Johnson

StingingVelvet wrote on Feb 19, 2011, 15:57:
He's right that people consider a 7 to mean an average game.

Absolutely. People naturally think in the range 1 through 5 when evaluating something. I don't know who in hell came up with 1 through 10; they should be shot!

The problem with 1 through 10 is that anything under a 6 isn't worth a dime. So if you exclude 1 through 5, you have 6 though 10 left. This is now your 1 through 5.

So if 6 through 10 is really 1 through 5, I'd say 7 could be considered average where 8 is right down the middle. If every review site agreed to use 1 through 5 we'd all be happy.

What bothers me even more, is that some sites actually add fractions. I can't believe that they'd think a 5.2 is better than a 5. No one would buy the game either way.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 15, 2011, 17:46 Steele Johnson

MxxCon wrote on Feb 15, 2011, 14:25:
Steele Johnson wrote on Feb 15, 2011, 13:22:
That CBS reporter sounds like she was having a stroke or something. I heard that she is in the hospital having some tests. Kind of sad.
read comments on videosift, she's fine.

She might be fine, but that definitely wasn't a general slip of the tongue. Something did happen to her and everyone witnessed it. Again, kind of sad that people sent it around as something to laugh about. Anyhow, it's the fucking Internet. Oh well...

4. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 15, 2011, 13:22 Steele Johnson

That CBS reporter sounds like she was having a stroke or something. I heard that she is in the hospital having some tests. Kind of sad.  

News Comments > Dragon Age II Gold
6. Re: Dragon Age 2 Gold Feb 12, 2011, 00:22 Steele Johnson

Different crappy story, same clunky game.  

News Comments > Salem Perma-Death Explained
5. Re: Salem Perma-Death Explained Feb 10, 2011, 13:00 Steele Johnson

No one has even played it yet, so dissing the features is a dumb thing to do at this point. Give them a chance to be a bit creative with their mmo; creativity is definitely what this genre needs at this point, whether it fails or not.  

News Comments > On PC Dragon Age II
17. Re: On PC Dragon Age II Feb 9, 2011, 14:38 Steele Johnson

For every pc-only gamer who refuses to buy games like this, there's probably 20 new consoles gamers who will. lol  

News Comments > Cel-Shaded Darkness II
3. Re: Cel-Shaded Darkness II Feb 9, 2011, 13:48 Steele Johnson

It depends on how it's done. If it's similar to Borderlands, it will probably look kind of cool, but if it's anything like Champions Online, I'll pass.  

News Comments > Planet Calypso Sold for $6M
8. Re: Planet Calypso Sold for $6M Jan 27, 2011, 21:17 Steele Johnson

Cutter wrote on Jan 27, 2011, 21:00:
Fools and their money.

Nope. Just people who don't have to worry about money like you do.

News Comments > DC Universe Online Trailer
5. Re: DC Universe Online Trailer Jan 11, 2011, 12:10 Steele Johnson

"An MMO on the PS3?

*headplosion*"

I'm hearing that it plays better on the ps3 than the pc. Kind of a surprise.

News Comments > Bulletstorm Specs
3. Re: Bulletstorm Specs Jan 11, 2011, 12:07 Steele Johnson

Maybe some people don't want to install a new OS if everything is already working. What's the point in upgrading if you don't need to?  

News Comments > Op Ed
1. Re: Op Ed Jan 5, 2011, 21:43 Steele Johnson

No, really? lol  

920 Comments. 46 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo