Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Steele Johnson

Real Name Steele Johnson   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Steele Johnson
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Apr 5, 2002, 20:41
Total Comments 913 (Graduate)
User ID 12787

User comment history
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

News Comments > Dungeons DLC Released
6. Re: Dungeons DLC Released Mar 30, 2011, 20:48 Steele Johnson

JaguarUSF wrote on Mar 30, 2011, 18:20:
Steele Johnson wrote on Mar 30, 2011, 16:54:
Actually, if there wasn't a demo, you'd probably want the opposite of what you asked: "are there any people who haven't played Dungeon Keeper who played this?"

I didn't play Dungeon Keeper, and I did not care for Dungeons.

Thanks for the feedback, but I'll still try out the demo.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Man Who "Killed" Starsiege Tribes
32. Re: The Man Who "Killed" Starsiege Tribes Mar 30, 2011, 17:14 Steele Johnson

I'd be happy with a new clone of Tribes 1 but with better graphics, sound, vehicles with a purpose, community interface, and mod tools. That's all that's needed!  

News Comments > Dungeons DLC Released
4. Re: Dungeons DLC Released Mar 30, 2011, 16:54 Steele Johnson

Ratty wrote on Mar 30, 2011, 13:21:
OK, I know it's not Dungeon Keeper (sigh), and I've read some reviews that say it's rather mediocre, but have any other Dungeon Keeper fans played this? Is it worth picking up? I mean the original game, not the DLC.

Actually, if there wasn't a demo, you'd probably want the opposite of what you asked: "are there any people who haven't played Dungeon Keeper who played this?"

Remember, people hate change (or can't handle it). So if something is new to something, you'll get better feedback.

This comment was edited on Mar 30, 2011, 17:08.

News Comments > The Man Who "Killed" Starsiege Tribes
1. Re: The Man Who "Killed" Starsiege Tribes Mar 29, 2011, 21:29 Steele Johnson

What a horrible label to have. But it was obviously management who killed the franchise. I kind of feel bad for the guy.  

News Comments > Molyneux Wants a Say in Syndicate Remake
16. Re: Molyneux Wants a Say in Syndicate Remake Mar 29, 2011, 11:25 Steele Johnson

Jackplug wrote on Mar 29, 2011, 04:05:
I think Molyneux is the best, cos he wont let anything go until hes happy with it, his games always try to be inovative and different..

I agree. People bitch and moan that the same ol' games just get rehashed. Here's a guy that tries to do something different every time (albeit, not always succeeding), and people complain. I think the benefit of the doubt should go to the innovator even if the end result is a letdown to some. He has designed some amazing games that don't compare to anything else. I hope he does it again because I feel he deserves it. Some people get lucky with an innovative game; some people try to be innovative and fail. It's not easy, and I have a lot of respect for this guy.

This comment was edited on Mar 29, 2011, 11:30.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
20. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 28, 2011, 11:48 Steele Johnson

Most people who bash CoD never even played the freakin' game, so don't listen to the naysayers.  

News Comments > Gold - Elements of War
2. Re: Gold - Elements of War Mar 26, 2011, 00:29 Steele Johnson

I don't know what has been more stagnant, mmos or rts. Both are very tired game mechanics. FPS is starting to get that way too.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
15. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 23, 2011, 15:45 Steele Johnson

InBlack wrote on Mar 23, 2011, 10:21:
Elisabeth Taylor and Richard Burton were my all time favorite screen pair. May they R.I.P. in the minds of those who remember them...

She was gorgeous, sexy goddess in her prime. R.I.P.

News Comments > AMD Knocks DirectX
22. Re: AMD Knocks DirectX Mar 18, 2011, 15:35 Steele Johnson

What should really go away is Windows as a gaming platform. It's getting to the point where you don't need a bloated operating system anymore. I'd like to see a stand-alone gaming platform that will run on any operating system, like Google Chrome, HP WebOS, etc. Those are the types of OS's we'll see in the near future (light, thin, and boots up like a light switch). DirectX does need to go away because just like anything Microsoft, it prevents advancements in technology.  

News Comments > Atari Signs TERA
3. Re: Atari Signs TERA Mar 17, 2011, 12:36 Steele Johnson

Timing the launch is really important on this one. Otherwise, I agree, the art direction, gfx, animation, etc, look amazing for an mmo.  

News Comments > Quote of the Day
9. Re: Quote of the Day Mar 16, 2011, 11:48 Steele Johnson

InBlack wrote on Mar 16, 2011, 11:06:
Im sorry but I really dont get the second part of that quote. Unless pointing out the obvious is the point. Which in itself is very telling.

He's basically saying that for a pc game, you can give the beta testers shit code, but for console games, it needs to be less shitty before you can start the beta.

News Comments > Prototype 2 Trailer
8. Re: Prototype 2 Trailer Mar 15, 2011, 11:23 Steele Johnson

Yeah, I was one of the suckers that bought the first one. Bored 1 hour into play.  

News Comments > Blizzard Playing Titan Already
33. Re: Blizzard Playing Titan Already Mar 9, 2011, 18:55 Steele Johnson

Optional nickname wrote on Mar 9, 2011, 12:37:
Blizzard made stellar games, Diable, Starcraft, and Warcraft, but in the last TEN years, what have they brought to the "masses" other than just WOW updates? Nothing! They are Cashlords now, so they can lean back and do as they please. Diablo3, for it to be out this year, they need to announce the date prior end of Q2, or it will be a 2012 release.

Blizzard doesn't need to release stuff just for the sake of releasing stuff. They do what they've always done: spend a looonnnggg time developing a game that will make money for a lonnnggggg time after its release. That's their business model. They couldn't care less if you've aged 10 years between games.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
26. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 9, 2011, 16:14 Steele Johnson

Farmed fish are generally worse for you. Anything altered by man is going against its natural path. Farmed fish are more prone to disease which in turn means that the farmers will treat the fish with different type of medication or even try to mask the unhealthiness with different types of chemicals. Deep water fish is the only way to go. Unfortunately, it's not always easy to know where it came from.  

News Comments > Op Ed
30. Re: Op Ed Mar 7, 2011, 15:43 Steele Johnson

The Witcher 1 was definitely an action rpg. I don't know what some of you guys consider a deep rpg, but if you really want to know, go play Balder's Gate or Icewind Dale. Those games will give you a good idea.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Mar 3, 2011, 12:55 Steele Johnson

Google Android is the next Windows lol. Virus after virus, patch after patch.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
4. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 3, 2011, 12:51 Steele Johnson

"19% admit Web use while driving"

That shit scares the crap out of me and pisses me off! If anyone hits me while they're flacking texting, etc, I'll be the guy who admits shooting while driving.

News Comments > Minecraft and Red Dead Redemption Honored
13. Re: Minecraft and Red Dead Redemption Honored Mar 3, 2011, 12:48 Steele Johnson

RDR is so darn easy with the controller. You just go into slow-mo and shoot away.  

News Comments > RIFT Launches
38. Re: RIFT Launches Mar 1, 2011, 18:33 Steele Johnson

I definitely do not encourage hijacking threads about a specific genre and bashing it to pieces, but I have to agree that Cutter has a right to his opinion. Maybe if his delivery was more positive about the negatives, he'd get a different reaction.

The way I see it, the mmo genre is still currently being developed using the "2.0 template". Meaning, mostly WoW/EQ2 mechanics; give or take some different features here and there. Rift is no exception.

I don't know if Cutter once loved the genre and is now burnt out, or if he never liked it at all. But I can understand his complaints about the genre not moving. If you like the genre the way it currently is, that's awesome, because you have a lot of options. Unfortunately, for people like myself, it's like I've lost something that was once amazing.

I think a lot of us are hoping for something completely new. Will it be mmo 3.0 template, or will it just be a massively-multiplayer social game. I don't know. All I know is that technology has come a long, long way since the inception of the first 3D mmo as well as the 2.0 template. Servers are easier and cheaper to maintain and cpus/gpus are much, much faster. We're at the point where massively-multiplayer games can mean something completely different from what it is today, and no one is willing to take the risk.

The one thing that was lost between the first 3D mmos (I use EQ1 as an example) and the 2.0 template, is the feeling of being in a living, breathing world. Playing an mmo is now more like a strategy game/spreadsheet. The exploring aspect and the feeling of survival has been lost. Here's hoping that the next version of mmos, whatever they are, bring that feeling back.

Edit: but if it's fun, it's FUN. Can't argue with that.

This comment was edited on Mar 1, 2011, 18:38.

News Comments > Valve Looks to Steam Power Your TV
56. Re: Valve Looks to Steam Power Your TV Mar 1, 2011, 10:48 Steele Johnson

And everyone will buy it.  

913 Comments. 46 pages. Viewing page 18.
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo