Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Steele Johnson

Real Name Steele Johnson   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Steele Johnson
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Apr 5, 2002, 20:41
Total Comments 920 (Graduate)
User ID 12787

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > Jagged Alliance Online Launches
27. Re: Jagged Alliance Online Launches Sep 16, 2012, 16:09 Steele Johnson

Is this game fun? Oh wait, I'll go check the faq.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
20. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 11, 2012, 22:20 Steele Johnson

They say that kind of thing before every new iteration of consoles. Never happens. Jurassic Park came out in '93 and even current pc games still don't look as good.  

News Comments > The Secret World Lead Laid Off
32. Re: The Secret World Lead Laid Off Sep 11, 2012, 22:11 Steele Johnson

Hopefully the executives finally realize that they suck at making mmos.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
10. Re: Morning Safety Dance Sep 5, 2012, 16:48 Steele Johnson

"The coroner has warned after hearing that the 14 year old loves listening to music, warns parents that they shouldn't let their children listen to music."  

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 NDA Ends
8. Re: PlanetSide 2 NDA Ends Aug 31, 2012, 21:03 Steele Johnson

I can see myself playing this one for a long time.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 28, 2012, 14:51 Steele Johnson

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Aug 28, 2012, 12:52:
I have Sprint Galaxy S III, and love it. Battery life is awesome, and it's very smooth and responsive. Haven't had any problem with it so far. Screen looks great too.

Apple really has no room to bitch about ripping stuff off anyway. Their company was built on that too. Most of their patents are ridiculous and should never have been granted in the first place. The patent office is full of morons (or at least run by them) and the whole system is out of control.

Apple doesn't set the patent laws.

Also, if you designed something that took you years to complete, using all your time, energy, and money, and then someone copied it in just a few months and started selling more than you, would you be happy? I think not. Copying innovation, blocks advancement. If Samsung has to redesign to sell phone, who knows, maybe they're come out with something groundbreaking. That's the idea. Copying doesn't do any good at all.

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
10. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Aug 25, 2012, 20:12 Steele Johnson

I'd be freakin' pissed if I worked on something for 5 years using my own hard-earned money and all that time, only for someone else (a much bigger company) to come along and blatantly rip off my design and start selling it in just a few months! I'm glad Samsung lost. This kind of copying stalls technology because it does not encourage innovation. Apple and Samsung aside, this shouldn't happen to anyone! I hope the injunction goes through! No one should be able to sell a flippin' copy of my idea!! Think about if it was your idea! You'd be pissed too.  

News Comments > Battle.net Security Breach
56. Re: Battle.net Security Breach Aug 10, 2012, 14:11 Steele Johnson

Not enough? Somebody changed my freakin' email yesterday!  

News Comments > Final Fantasy VII PC Released and Pulled
2. Re: Final Fantasy VII PC Released and Pulled Aug 6, 2012, 11:04 Steele Johnson

Looks like they're off to a good start lol  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 2, 2012, 18:46 Steele Johnson

I would love to see Linux replace Windows as a high-end gaming platform. But that's not going to happen any time soon. So yeah, it's even worse than second string. It doesn't even belong on my desk.  

News Comments > Oculus Rift Kickstarter
37. Re: Oculus Rift Kickstarter Aug 2, 2012, 18:43 Steele Johnson

This looks like a good start in the right direction. I would love to play a game where I don't see the screen or the walls in my office. The immersion level would go up 10 fold.  

News Comments > The Old Republic F2P This Fall
61. Re: The Old Republic F2P This Fall Aug 1, 2012, 00:50 Steele Johnson

This game is even worse than a current gen mmo. It's a current gen mmo trying to be a single player game. Talk about a colossal #%@& up! They should have kept the workers and fired the whole marketing department and exec staff. What were they thinking? Do they even play games?  

News Comments > GNU Guru: Linux Steam "Unethical"
30. Re: GNU Guru: Linux Steam Jul 31, 2012, 13:31 Steele Johnson

And here's one of the reason Linux hasn't taken off on the desktop. What developer wants to give their stuff away for free? DOH! Here's something I've learned over the many years of being in the software industry: some open source software is good, most is bad.  

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Beta Imminent
11. Re: PlanetSide 2 Beta Imminent Jul 31, 2012, 13:27 Steele Johnson

I hope my pc can handle it. Building a new one this fall.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
35. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 30, 2012, 12:01 Steele Johnson

Shok wrote on Jul 29, 2012, 19:38:
I haven't played DayZ in a while. Started playing Tribes Ascend after buying the $5 Steam sale and now I'm hooked on that

Best shooter to come out in years. And their F2P model is one of the best. You can still kick ass without buying a thing.

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Trailer
45. Re: PlanetSide 2 Trailer Jul 27, 2012, 01:27 Steele Johnson

I'm thinking this will be the game of the decade.  

News Comments > Return to RIFT
7. Re: Return to RIFT Jul 25, 2012, 14:34 Steele Johnson

Verno wrote on Jul 25, 2012, 14:28:
Is this worth buying a box and playing for a month but not subbing? I just want something to play in the down time before GW2. I'm just curious if this is one of those games where everything fun happens at the level cap. I played in beta for a bit and the Rift events seemed really gimmicky and the actual grinding was a bit samey but I only played for like 4 hours.

That's what I did. I think I got it for $12 and played for a month. It was just as I thought it would be: current gen (WoW style) mmo with different artwork. You get just as bored as all the rest of those games. I'm waiting for the game changer that is Planetside 2.

News Comments > PC Devils' Third Plans
2. Re: PC Devils' Third Plans Jul 21, 2012, 00:46 Steele Johnson

The trailer is actually really well done.  

News Comments > The WarZ Announced
14. Re: The WarZ Announced Jul 20, 2012, 00:46 Steele Johnson

Remember when everything was WWII? Now it's zombies. What next? Baby bunnies?  

News Comments > Blizzard on Diablo III
59. Re: Blizzard on Diablo III Jul 19, 2012, 19:54 Steele Johnson

Exactly. The same crappy games over and over. Look at Diablo 3. Same crap, different year. It even looks like it was developed in the 90s. WTF?

IMO, WoW was a genre changer and a superior game. Warcraft, Starcraft, and Diablo were so-so games. There were plenty of better games around the time of their release.

920 Comments. 46 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo