Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Steele Johnson

Real Name Steele Johnson   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Steele Johnson
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Apr 5, 2002, 20:41
Total Comments 910 (Graduate)
User ID 12787

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > Oculus Rift Kickstarter
37. Re: Oculus Rift Kickstarter Aug 2, 2012, 18:43 Steele Johnson

This looks like a good start in the right direction. I would love to play a game where I don't see the screen or the walls in my office. The immersion level would go up 10 fold.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Old Republic F2P This Fall
61. Re: The Old Republic F2P This Fall Aug 1, 2012, 00:50 Steele Johnson

This game is even worse than a current gen mmo. It's a current gen mmo trying to be a single player game. Talk about a colossal #%@& up! They should have kept the workers and fired the whole marketing department and exec staff. What were they thinking? Do they even play games?  

News Comments > GNU Guru: Linux Steam "Unethical"
30. Re: GNU Guru: Linux Steam Jul 31, 2012, 13:31 Steele Johnson

And here's one of the reason Linux hasn't taken off on the desktop. What developer wants to give their stuff away for free? DOH! Here's something I've learned over the many years of being in the software industry: some open source software is good, most is bad.  

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Beta Imminent
11. Re: PlanetSide 2 Beta Imminent Jul 31, 2012, 13:27 Steele Johnson

I hope my pc can handle it. Building a new one this fall.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
35. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 30, 2012, 12:01 Steele Johnson

Shok wrote on Jul 29, 2012, 19:38:
I haven't played DayZ in a while. Started playing Tribes Ascend after buying the $5 Steam sale and now I'm hooked on that

Best shooter to come out in years. And their F2P model is one of the best. You can still kick ass without buying a thing.

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Trailer
45. Re: PlanetSide 2 Trailer Jul 27, 2012, 01:27 Steele Johnson

I'm thinking this will be the game of the decade.  

News Comments > Return to RIFT
7. Re: Return to RIFT Jul 25, 2012, 14:34 Steele Johnson

Verno wrote on Jul 25, 2012, 14:28:
Is this worth buying a box and playing for a month but not subbing? I just want something to play in the down time before GW2. I'm just curious if this is one of those games where everything fun happens at the level cap. I played in beta for a bit and the Rift events seemed really gimmicky and the actual grinding was a bit samey but I only played for like 4 hours.

That's what I did. I think I got it for $12 and played for a month. It was just as I thought it would be: current gen (WoW style) mmo with different artwork. You get just as bored as all the rest of those games. I'm waiting for the game changer that is Planetside 2.

News Comments > PC Devils' Third Plans
2. Re: PC Devils' Third Plans Jul 21, 2012, 00:46 Steele Johnson

The trailer is actually really well done.  

News Comments > The WarZ Announced
14. Re: The WarZ Announced Jul 20, 2012, 00:46 Steele Johnson

Remember when everything was WWII? Now it's zombies. What next? Baby bunnies?  

News Comments > Blizzard on Diablo III
59. Re: Blizzard on Diablo III Jul 19, 2012, 19:54 Steele Johnson

Exactly. The same crappy games over and over. Look at Diablo 3. Same crap, different year. It even looks like it was developed in the 90s. WTF?

IMO, WoW was a genre changer and a superior game. Warcraft, Starcraft, and Diablo were so-so games. There were plenty of better games around the time of their release.

57. Re: Blizzard on Diablo III Jul 19, 2012, 19:47 Steele Johnson

I would hardly call Warcraft and the orginal Diablo triple A titles. There were many more games at that time that were much better. WOW on the other hand, was one of the best games I've ever played.  

17. Re: Blizzard on Diablo III Jul 19, 2012, 11:24 Steele Johnson

Blizzard is now my new "one trick pony" developer. WoW was a huge success and they've proved that their new games aren't at the same level of quality or enjoyment. $60 for a thrown together hack-n-slash; I feel like such a sucker for purchasing it. An indie developer could have done a better job in a shorter period of time and put a price of $15 on it.  

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Beta Details
16. Re: PlanetSide 2 Beta Details Jul 13, 2012, 15:45 Steele Johnson

I really think these devs and designers know what they're doing. I also know that they seriously looked at PS fan feedback early on and made a lot of design decisions based on that. Props to the devs!  

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Free Trial
28. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Free Trial Jul 11, 2012, 19:22 Steele Johnson

I'm not even interested in playing this for free... and I used to love mmos!!  

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Beta Nears
20. Re: PlanetSide 2 Beta Nears Jul 11, 2012, 19:19 Steele Johnson

Awesome! Can't wait!

This is the only mmo worth looking at in the foreseeable future. All the rest are still trying to be WoW clones. DOH!!

News Comments > Project Copernicus Trailer
8. Re: Project Copernicus Trailer Jul 10, 2012, 00:44 Steele Johnson

Jerykk wrote on Jul 9, 2012, 23:52:
JohnBirshire wrote on Jul 9, 2012, 22:58:
They should have stuck to Copernicus and never bothered with Kingdom of Amalur: The Reckoning. Which, by the way, is an atrocious name. Even if it was the best game ever made, it wouldn't have broken even.

And a generic fantasy MMO would have been a success..? The MMO market is completely saturated, especially for a fantasy MMORPG. 38 Studios would have spent significantly more time and money developing Copernicus, only for it to inevitably fail and go F2P within six months. The whole reason they even created KoA was to help fund Copernicus.

No, what they should have done was stop wasting money on R.A. Salvatore and instead create a genuinely unique setting and lore, then apply it to a good, single-player RPG. There are so many unexplored settings or themes that could make for compelling RPGs. Ancient Rome, the Old West, '50s mafia, steampunk, noir, etc. But nope, they insisted on making yet another traditional fantasy game.

I agree with this. Only a dumbass company would invest in a current gen mmo, fantasy or not. The genre is done until something completely different comes along and replaces it.

News Comments > The Secret World Leaderboard
6. Re: The Secret World Leaderboard Jul 9, 2012, 15:48 Steele Johnson

Again, if you just go to youtube and do a search on the game, it will reveal several gamer (not professional reviewer) video reviews and walkthroughs. You'll know if it's your kind of game or not just by watching. Personally, I find that this genre is way burnt to a crisp, so building a game like this at this point is a waste of money and resources.  

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Golden Rules
14. Re: Guild Wars 2 Golden Rules Jul 4, 2012, 20:44 Steele Johnson

At the end of the day, it's just the same ol' "fetch x kill x" game that we all love so much.  

News Comments > Vanguard F2P Details
12. Re: Vanguard F2P Details Jul 4, 2012, 18:58 Steele Johnson

PHJF wrote on Jul 4, 2012, 11:12:
Honestly once guild wars 2 comes out why even bother with most of these older games?

People keep saying that but I've yet to see the evidence substantiating GW2 as the second coming of Christ. All I have to go on are videos and while some of the ideas presented are interesting (as in, "gee, this is something that obviously should have been implemented into MMOs a long fucking time ago"), it still mostly looks like standard MMORPG.

I agree. And if it's anything like the first game, I know I'll get bored pretty quickly. I thought the first Guild Wars was a horrible game.

News Comments > Diablo III Hotfixes; Magic Find Debate; Endgame Woes
31. Re: Diablo III Hotfixes; Magic Find Debate; Endgame Woes Jul 4, 2012, 18:11 Steele Johnson

This game has some of the worst game design I've seen in a game. It seems like it was developed by a different company.  

910 Comments. 46 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo